PDA

View Full Version : Remove Locked Crates from Loot Table of Elite Bosses

keikali
11-13-2013, 09:31 AM
So you're running Elite Forest Breach (Ferrix) in hopes to get some great loots like a Pylon of Brutality or even a Elite Golden Puzzlebox to use or sell and when the time comes and you kill Ferrix and you see that great "Your Elixir let you re-roll for better loot!" and you're hoping "oh boy oh boy, EGP or Pylon here I come baby!" and then all you see is a big fat red box, yes a LOCKED GRAND CRATE.

What I'm getting to is, please remove locked grand crates from elite bosses, if not all at least all of Shuyal Elite Bosses. I can't remember how many times I've seen a locked reroll on an elite boss and yes I had one reroll on me yesterday at Elite Ferrix which could have either been a nice EGP or a Pylon, but no, I got a Locked Crate because its in the loot table.

Frohnatur
11-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Lol, -1 for that one. U think the good stuff will drop more often if u remove crates? If it would, the good stuff woudnt be so good anymore instead prices would drop and it would share the same fate as so many other good legendary stuff.

there is a good reason why drop rates at shuyal are so low and i applaud to that, even if it makes shuyal elite less desireable to run.

be happy that u'll get at least a crate for your efforts. 10k gold seems to be a good value for the effort of an elite run ... Compared as in to get nothing, i mean.

keikali
11-13-2013, 09:43 AM
If I wanted a locked crate, I could easily farm it in a regular map. Why would I waste my time and pots on an Elite Map.

Heck I rather it be a crappy reroll then seeing a locked crate on a reroll because crates are not hard to come by.

wvhills
11-13-2013, 09:46 AM
i completely agree and made a thread about this a while back. lep amulets and reroll elixirs are supposed to help u get better loot. EGP are epic rarity and for all we know keikali may have rerolled from a 100k EGP to a 10k crate. Take them out of bosses loot tables please. Honestly, if u have the cojones to be running elites u aren't concerned with getting crates. Leave crates at jarl where they belong and leave them out of where the big boys go to play. :)

Crowsfoot
11-13-2013, 10:25 AM
There has already been a thread on this. I said +1 then and I do now.

Frohnatur
11-13-2013, 10:56 AM
for all we know keikali may have rerolled from a 100k EGP to a 10k crate.

Well, yeah, thats of course an issue. And i guess its not possible to change the rarity of crates or loot to save reroll from rerolling "backwards" i agree with removing crates.
learned something i hadnt thought of before. :) thanks for correcting me.

Freunameki
11-13-2013, 11:38 AM
I desagree, locked r not better than good items but getting locked is better than some green junk atleast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Zeus
11-13-2013, 11:46 AM
@Everyone who is disagreeing

If you're disagreeing, then you don't understand how luck elixirs work - plain & simple.

Int
11-13-2013, 11:54 AM

If you're disagreeing, then you don't understand how luck elixirs work - plain & simple.

^^this
if i can remember correctly, reroll is based on percentage of each time u reroll, not adding up.
rerolls with luck elixir is like a prize wheel or whatever, and say its a 15% chance of reroll, so 85% is red which means no reroll and 15% is green which is reroll. everytime u loot something, the wheel spins and lands on whatever, if its red then no reroll, if its green then its a reroll. rerolls dont add up as in if u dont get a reroll with the 15% chance then it'll be 30%,then 45% and so on, doesnt work like that.

Also, if u take out the locked crates out of the loot drops it'll become easier to loot your desired item which is EGP meaning it'll be easy to loot since the loot drops are smaller which means you have a better chance of looting it which means it will drop in price.
Honestly, Having locked crates in the loot drops is better because what if you killed the boss and u wouldnt got anything if locked crates were out of the loot but instead u did. 10k effort is better than just mere 50 gold liquidation

Meljann
11-13-2013, 12:02 PM
^^ agree

faychen
11-13-2013, 12:12 PM
I desagree, locked r not better than good items but getting locked is better than some green junk atleast

Totally agree!! My party just got junk from elite shuyal boss for all 3 runs tonight :'( and we are on luck lix plus lep...

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Zeus
11-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Totally agree!! My party just got junk from elite shuyal boss for all 3 runs tonight :'( and we are on luck lix plus lep...

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Again, luck elixirs only make you reroll for a higher rarity or a better item in the same rarity.

So...you can't reroll from a green to a locked.

Int
11-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Reroll only gives u a chance to get one higher ranked loot

Green>purple
purple>pink
pink>mythic
etc...

falmear
11-13-2013, 02:11 PM
If they remove locked crates, they'll just replace them with some trash pink like Architect Quills of Riposte. Look at the arena at how many trash pinks are dropped there. This is what you will get. What one hand giveth the other hand taketh away.

Joncheese
11-13-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm torn because you are re rolling an EGB, and this obviously holds much more value. Yet if you weren't using an elixir you wouldnt have rerolled.

Don't think there's much argument to be had. If you don't want a LGCW, don't use reroll. Or use one and u may get a decent legendary.

keikali
11-13-2013, 02:43 PM
But thats the thing though. How many people run Elite maps to reroll on a locked crate? Everyone runs them to reroll on the endgame legendary pink items and yes some may be trash but one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

Like I said before, if I wanted to reroll a locked crate, I could easily do so in any regular map SOLO, without burning pots and wasting time.

Sokpuppet
11-13-2013, 03:15 PM
100% agree with this... No LGCW from elite bosses...

Wutzgood
11-13-2013, 04:45 PM

Green>purple
purple>pink
pink>mythic
etc...

This is false. You can't reroll a legendary to a mythic since mythic isnt dropped by anything. Reroll can also give you a higher item in the same rank. Locked crates most likely reroll into those expensive pinks in elite maps. If locked were removed you would just get something worth even less than the 10k locked price. When doing elite maps just be happy you made any gold.

inkredible
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM
+ 1

keikali
11-13-2013, 04:58 PM
This is false. You can't reroll a legendary to a mythic since mythic isnt dropped by anything. Reroll can also give you a higher item in the same rank. Locked crates most likely reroll into those expensive pinks in elite maps. If locked were removed you would just get something worth even less than the 10k locked price. When doing elite maps just be happy you made any gold.

If a locked was removed from the loot table, that means since it rerolled into a legendary rarity, it would be of another legendary rarity correct? That is fine by me.

Also if it didn't reroll into a locked that means it was of epic rarity before the reroll meaning it could have been an EGP correct? Again that is fine by me.

I rather see a reroll to a trashy legendary pink then a locked because I run end game elites for a chance at legendary items, not locked crates which I can get farming in regular maps.

Shanamerny
11-13-2013, 05:02 PM
What's worse is getting a rare item on a reroll. I'd welcome a LGCW at those moments... 10k is way better than the 5-8 gold you get for liquidating junk items. Like many though, I would much rather they drop more EGB than LGCW.

Rare
11-13-2013, 05:03 PM
I don't remember where I read it, but someone mentioned that there is a different loot table for chests/crates and gear.

So, theoretically, you could not reroll from an EGP to a weapon/armor/helm. Conversely, if you rerolled to an locked crate, it wasn't from a weapon/armor/helm but from EGP.

I don't know for sure if this is the case. I don't know if it came from a developer or a player. But it makes sense. Its impossible to know though without direct confirmation.

drgrimmy
11-13-2013, 05:03 PM

Again, luck elixirs only make you reroll for a higher rarity or a better item in the same rarity.

So...you can't reroll from a green to a locked.

Green>purple
purple>pink
pink>mythic
etc...

I'm torn because you are re rolling an EGB, and this obviously holds much more value. Yet if you weren't using an elixir you wouldnt have rerolled.

Don't think there's much argument to be had. If you don't want a LGCW, don't use reroll. Or use one and u may get a decent legendary.

Unfortunately, the developers have been clear how reroll elixirs work in PL and SL, but they have been entirely vague in terms of how luck elixirs work in AL. It does not appear to be the same in terms of rerolling to the next rarity level, but instead rerolling to a better loot table. Until the developers clarify how the luck elixirs work it is all speculation in terms of whether a locked crate would be an elite golden chest if there was not a reroll. Check out the developer response in the following thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?97775-Rerolling-to-get-a-green-item-from-a-boss-(shouldn-t-happen)

Rare
11-13-2013, 05:04 PM
What's worse is getting a rare item on a reroll. I'd welcome a LGCW at those moments... 10k is way better than the 5-8 gold you get for liquidating junk items. Like many though, I would much rather they drop more EGB than LGCW.

Personally, I'd rather reroll a Rare item than know that my EGx rerolled to a locked crate.

Unfortunately, the developers have been clear how reroll elixirs work in PL and SL, but they have been entirely vague in terms of how luck elixirs work in AL. It does not appear to be the same in terms of rerolling to the next rarity level, but instead rerolling to a better loot table. Until the developers clarify how the luck elixirs work it is all speculation in terms of whether a locked crate would be an elite golden chest if there was not a reroll. Check out the developer response in the following thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?97775-Rerolling-to-get-a-green-item-from-a-boss-(shouldn-t-happen)

Yeah, that kind of confused me even more. By that explanation, its actually possible to roll DOWN? If I roll an epic and get the reroll and the next table has rare or common items in it... its possible for me to get those??

smuggs
11-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Not necessarily a need to remove it from the tables...just put the EGPB and expensive legendaries on a higher loot table than locked crates and you'll be rerolling from locked into EGPB instead. A quick fix and it wouldnt be quite as complex, and people would still get a chance to reroll from a crappy epic to a locked and at least make a little profit, and those who are lucky would reroll onto the puzzlebox.

And its no really rerolling down...yeah maybe in the item rarity but it could still be a better drop. The way I see it...looting is run by an RNG (random number generator), say 1:15000 is a EGPB, with reroll you've got a CHANCE to reduce that...so RNG goes through and hits 598, thay corresponds to loot table 3...than it goes to reroll, RNG kicks in for 1:15 chance (theoretical numbers and the 15 is just for leps percentage) to reroll, RNG selects 15, you reroll to loot table 4 with higher value items(how they determine this I'm unsure)...if RNG hits 1 - 14 there's no reroll to the next table, and your lockeds are on say table 20 of 20m..where I see the issue is your elite legendaries and EGPB must be on table 19 and this causes an issue as far as profit is concerned.

GoodSyntax
11-13-2013, 08:38 PM
I agree with this (again).

Today, I had another case of this epic tease in Elite Rooks Nest. I got a Reroll notification and bam! pink pops up on screen. I'm thinking to myself, finally Mali has dropped :-P, then fireworks and oh boy, another locked :-(

Leaved Locked Crates on the loot table in normal maps, which gives mainstream gamers a reliable source of income, and leave the home run balls where they belong in elite maps. It's just a bone-crushing disappointment to see pink text pop up on screen only to realize that you just got a Locked Crate instead of an Architect Pylon, Architect Quill, Malison Egg, Entombed Hammer or the other desirable (and therefore valuable) Legendary items.

Zeus
11-13-2013, 08:57 PM

However, it can be proven with statistics that the same system is in place.

How? Run Kraken Mine III with 70% reroll. Locked crates rain from the sky as basically every purple turns pink.

Vertuldo
11-13-2013, 09:14 PM
lol, -1 for that one. U think the good stuff will drop more often if u remove crates? If it would, the good stuff woudnt be so good anymore instead prices would drop and it would share the same fate as so many other good legendary stuff.

There is a good reason why drop rates at shuyal are so low and i applaud to that, even if it makes shuyal elite less desireable to run.

Be happy that u'll get at least a crate for your efforts. 10k gold seems to be a good value for the effort of an elite run ... Compared as in to get nothing, i mean.

agree!

Zeus
11-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Seems like you have trouble reading:

1) The topic is about elite bosses not KM3
2) Dev states this:

So the loot table in KM3 is going to be different then an elite map.

"As I understand it"

You are stating that loot table groupings can be arbitrary and are not consistently made up of the same rarity level (common/rare/epic ... etc). This is quite a departure from all other information given on the subject in the past so I ask that you confirm this for us from the source.

^^^

It is also entirely possible that the system is the same as PL's and SL's since a lot of the coding is just ported over to AL.

P.S: Bolded comment was out of order...? PM me please, if you want to discuss further.

Sexun Buzz
11-13-2013, 09:35 PM
-1 EGP and PInk drops worth 100-300k .. Locked Crates 10k try to open . it worth millions. you know that.

and its better that sts dont tell how reroll elixir work.. coz everything in this game will be calculated > no more thrill, no more complain, no more sense > switch to other MMO.

falmear
11-13-2013, 10:55 PM
^^^

It is also entirely possible that the system is the same as PL's and SL's since a lot of the coding is just ported over to AL.

P.S: Bolded comment was out of order...? PM me please, if you want to discuss further.

Why would you think I'm mad? I'm just pointing out you are wrong based on what the dev.

Zeus
11-13-2013, 11:04 PM
Why would you think I'm mad? I'm just pointing out you are wrong based on what the dev. But I guess you know better then the developer?

Hey Falmear,

I said that because you seem to hold a personal grudge. Otherwise, you would not have started off your post with a direct instigation.

Secondly, I do not know better than a developer. Please don't accuse me of that. I was merely quoting Fluff to emphasize the "As I understand it" part. It shows that he may be wrong about it, so again, we are still at the same standpoint of not knowing completely.

You may be right; I may be right. Until a developer confirms it, we have no idea.

Int
11-13-2013, 11:07 PM
This is gonna turn into a hate thread since people are disagreeing with others and quite clearly disliking assumptions and accusations of rerolls and loot tables

keikali
11-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Seriously just a yes or no thread guys. And your opinion on why. Thats it. Nothing more.

No hidden gimmicks, nothing. Lets keep the grudges out of here and take it to PM's.

Frohnatur
11-13-2013, 11:29 PM
As I understand the reroll comment from the devs:

Lets say there are 6 loot-tables. 1 is the worst and 6 is the best. They may look like this

Table 1 (drop chance often)
common bad item
common bad item
common bad item
rare bad item

Table 2 (drop chance less often)
rare bad item
rare better item
common better item
epic bad item

Table 3 (drop chance occasionally)
rare better item
epic bad item
epic better item
legendary bad item

Table4 (drop chance less occasionally)
epic better item (EGP)
legendary bad item
legendary better item
crate

Table 5 (drop chance very seldom)
crate
epic better item (EGP
legendary bad item
legendary better item

Table 6 (drop chance extremly seldom)
legendary better item
legendary better item
legendary better item
legendary best item
egg

All a reroll does is moving your loot-drop one table up.
This may be the cause why we sometime get worse items after a reroll. To eliminate the fear of missing a EGP the designer would have to move the crates to a higher category up.
That would also mean they drop less often. To me this doesn't look like a big deal. But I'm no programmer.

Lui Delos Santos
11-14-2013, 12:30 AM
my suggestion is increase the drop rate of epic to pink on some maps..i run 40x elite olt snd no single good item or purpule chest..wtf

Primeblades
11-14-2013, 12:52 AM

Hmm thats wutzgood? Ok :D

wvhills
11-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Elite wraith heart has been bugged ever since it came out and they "don't have the time" to fix it. That's something major so i doubt we see them go back to change anything on this.

Zeus
11-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Elite wraith heart has been bugged ever since it came out and they "don't have the time" to fix it. That's something major so i doubt we see them go back to change anything on this.

A fix is coming in the client update! :D

keikali
11-14-2013, 09:56 AM

This has been changed on their end. I believe it is being included in the upcoming crafting update.

wvhills
11-14-2013, 10:26 AM
A fix is coming in the client update! :D

This has been changed on their end. I believe it is being included in the upcoming crafting update.

yeah, but look what we had to go through to get it. Lol. I'd like to see this change but i highly doubt it's on their radar. :(
On the bright side, i'm sure soon we'll have the next legend or battle title to enjoy! hehe :)

Edit: do u see how i quoted 2 people at once? i'm pro forumer now.

Rare
11-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Edit: do u see how i quoted 2 people at once? i'm pro forumer now.

Don't be making us look bad show off!!

keikali
11-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Okay guys, time to go back on topic before this thread is shutdown.

So yea, I notice more +1 and agrees then -1 and disagrees.

STS please put this on your back burner along with your commas. Thanks.

gumball3000
11-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Just got a lock in elite oltgar and witnessed another yesterday. Could have been entombed of warfare but ill never know. Please remove it from elite bosses it just ruins the odds for the better loot. I don't think anyone goes elite for locks.