PDA

View Full Version : Let’s talk about scamming…..

Delphina
11-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Hello everyone,
We have noticed a growing trend of people posting on the forums regarding scams. Let’s take a moment to discuss a few reasons of why we do not allow these types of threads on the forums.

First of all, support should be the one to make the determination about scams/scammers. Here are a few examples of what we want to prevent from happening:

Example 1:
How would you feel if someone took their personal vendetta out on you and called you out as a scammer when you were truly innocent and posted the following thread:

“(Your Name) is a scammer please report them….”

Of course we will remove the thread, but we can’t fix what damage has been done to your reputation when you were truly innocent.

Example 2:
Someone posts a thread calling out someone with a name close to yours and people assume it is you in game. Even if the name is abbreviated you have now included many other people as a possible scammer and ruined their reputation.

Example 3:
Posting a thread explaining how you were scammed without naming the player.
While it can be very informative to the right players it can also give the wrong players new ideas for scams.

We like to keep our forums as drama free as possible. By not allowing these type of threads we are preventing people from defending or attacking another player which in turn escalates into an argument.

We understand that you are all passionate about our games and it upsets you when you feel you have been scammed. However, posting a thread on the forums does not stop the scammer and only creates drama. The best way to handle this type of situation is to contact us at support.

Please provide as much detail as possible to support including any screenshots you may have. Support is the only way to investigate the scam.

We appreciate your passion and love for Spacetime games. Thank you for reading and your participation in making this community great. You guys rock!

How to Report a Scam:
Click on the link in my signature below or send us an e-mail at support@spacetimestudios.com. Please provide as much details as possible.

*Please note, we will be unable to discuss the outcome of the case due to the private and confidential nature of our players accounts.

Avaree
11-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks Delph,

I will be sure to share the link next time I hear " I have been scammed " although we do send them to support :)

Take care :)

Gameplay
11-13-2013, 10:41 PM
most people know that its not allowed to be discussed on forums, but the new comers to the forums community aren't familiar withe the rules (mainly cause they skip them), but are reminded by us, but hey, we all we new players at one point so no harm no foul.

Eski
11-13-2013, 11:41 PM
+1 hope some people will keep this in their minds

DocDoBig
11-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the clear ups Delph!

Extreme
11-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Thank you!

dudetus
11-21-2013, 09:55 AM
There are no scams, just stupid people

lakersrockftw
11-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Lol

Scarredd
11-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Ladykiller scammer. I proved with pictures i reported him then i send pictures to spacetime studios he is still scamming people. He is 16 lvl firs making u trust him then scamming u. Take care people . He saying "selling lepre for 14 locked" dont believe him he is scammer.

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Scarredd
11-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Not just me i saw some people scammed by ladykiller.

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Contravention
12-20-2013, 01:36 AM
I've gotten the I'll buy you platnium scam

Int
12-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Scams are for people who are desperate for virtual gold and to ruin other player's experiences, nope

Pweezerusher
12-22-2013, 05:48 PM
My ipad is still banned. I mean i played ur game for long time so when u unbann it?

Pweezerusher

Imobster
01-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Scams are for people who are desperate for virtual gold and to ruin other player's experiences, nope

we know.

Beatskipz FTW

rustygun
01-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Nobody can get yr items if u don't give them and don't lend anything u can't afford to lose...

Sent from my Huawei Y301A2 using Tapatalk

Contravention
01-15-2014, 03:14 AM
My ipad is still banned. I mean i played ur game for long time so when u unbann it?

Pweezerusher

Once they ban a device permanetly it can not be changed

nelson131
02-05-2014, 02:23 AM
Is there something like a temporary ban for swearing? Then later a permenent ban? I heard someone getting it.

SayCreed
02-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Once they ban a device permanetly it can not be changed

False.A Gud mate of mine got perma then got it lifted

AziPlayer
02-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Most popular scamming is placing a item in auction which in auction doesnt exist and give it price very high. Than use another character to say "selling (item here) for (price), LIMITED EDITION" for example. My friend told me that. Im not scammer.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

Imobster
02-09-2014, 02:40 AM
You can't get scammed. If you pay attention when trading.. There is 2 confirm boxes . You made the choice to rush to trade so it your own fault for not being attentive while trading.

Beatskipz FTW

Kornsen
02-25-2014, 03:33 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?137821-Incorrect-icon-and-ambiguous-naming-of-Royal-Sanguine-set-is-being-exploited

rustygun
02-25-2014, 12:12 PM
The nxt thing I notice is pple join our guild post a link that ask for password and email... That to me look like a possible hack..

rustygun
02-25-2014, 12:14 PM
I take a screenshot my friend send it to STS.. no response :-(

rustygun
02-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Where do we report hackers? Thats my question...

sishirrana
08-03-2014, 02:42 PM
WHY PEOPLE GET SCAMMED-.

1ST) MOST PEOPLE WANT TO TRADE THERE ITEMS WITH OTHER PEOPLE IN EXCHANGE OF GOLD AND ITEMS..

2ND) AUCTION SHOP PRICE- IF U PUT ITEM IN AUCTION SHOP,U HAVE TO PAY SOME AMOUNT ..AND THOSE PAYMENT AMOUNT IS DAMM HIGH

3RD) NOW A DAYS PEOPLE SOLD THERE PROFILE TO ANOTHER IN EXCHANGE OF GOLD AND RESULT THEY GOT SCAMMED

Sent from my A25 using Tapatalk 2

Ishtmeet
08-05-2014, 06:13 AM
WHY PEOPLE GET SCAMMED-.

1ST) MOST PEOPLE WANT TO TRADE THERE ITEMS WITH OTHER PEOPLE IN EXCHANGE OF GOLD AND ITEMS..

2ND) AUCTION SHOP PRICE- IF U PUT ITEM IN AUCTION SHOP,U HAVE TO PAY SOME AMOUNT ..AND THOSE PAYMENT AMOUNT IS DAMM HIGH

3RD) NOW A DAYS PEOPLE SOLD THERE PROFILE TO ANOTHER IN EXCHANGE OF GOLD AND RESULT THEY GOT SCAMMED

Sent from my A25 using Tapatalk 2
Capslock key is not working alright? We can read that without Caps.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

aabzie
11-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Old tricks of scammer :

1. First he/she sell things with much lower price than auction.. Example : blinky with the rate 180-200k, he/she sells for only 100k, anyone who interested try to get that blinky, but he/she tries to scam by changing blinky to blight..

2. Other sample : beware of the same things with different class.. Same trick but he/she offers steel com helmet warrior cost 700k, he/she will cancel the trade, and blame us, why we cancel it (the trick so we want to trade again) when the new room trade has been made he/she change the thing..steel com helmet warrior has been changed into sorcerrer class.. If u r not carefull u will not notice because the same name and the new room of trade (its trick for him to change the things)

So guys.. Beware and check again and again before you confirm with any trade..

Whitesnake
02-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Scamming ... When you least expect it advice not to gift anything to anyone regarding if there your online best friend or even girlfriend /boy friend most scams happen when the scammer is simply acting into gaining your trust although you may think it's impossible to be scammed , can happen to anyone this way