PDA

View Full Version : ctf AP ruin the pvp now, you agree or not?

Avshow
11-15-2013, 12:19 PM
as I state in the title

Desperoto
11-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Agree, delete the ap and replace it with pve kills up to 1m

epicrrr
11-15-2013, 02:35 PM
its part of the gameplay, and no one is forcing anybody to do PVP lol

Zeus
11-15-2013, 02:37 PM
its part of the gameplay, and no one is forcing anybody to do PVP lol

If you don't want to PvP, don't join. :)

The flag AP should be removed. Those who have flag banner can keep it.

Desperoto
11-15-2013, 03:00 PM
If you don't want to PvP, don't join. :)

The flag AP should be removed. Those who have flag banner can keep it.

U dont need to remove the flag banners, because u still can get one the leaderboard with your flags. But everyone is going for the AP those days. 9/10 matches are flag rooms.

Soundlesskill
11-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Pvp ap EZ!

Haha jk :)

Instanthumor
11-15-2013, 05:56 PM
U dont need to remove the flag banners, because u still can get one the leaderboard with your flags. But everyone is going for the AP those days. 9/10 matches are flag rooms.

Edit: 99/100 matches are flag rooms.

wvhills
11-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Do people still ctf? Last time I tried everyone was flagging. Flaggers have ruined al PVP like go Sayers ruined pl. I'm thinking about making a comeback and I'm going to kill everyone. I'm not saying I'm bes, I'm just saying it's not going to be easy flagging if u see me.

falmear
11-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Do people still ctf? Last time I tried everyone was flagging. Flaggers have ruined al PVP like go Sayers ruined pl. I'm thinking about making a comeback and I'm going to kill everyone. I'm not saying I'm bes, I'm just saying it's not going to be easy flagging if u see me.

Problem is the flagger will call their friends and gang you. Or they will just leave and find an easier match to flag in. And there is a way to start matches without having 3 people on each side. So ultimately it accomplishes nothing.

Roberto077
11-15-2013, 06:40 PM
AP doesn't mean anything. Play for fun, not AP.

smuggs
11-15-2013, 07:50 PM
That's not his point...avshow is saying the ap ruined CTF and I agree 100%...I may not have PVPed in AL yet...but from everything I've seen and heard I don't even want those APs or to go into ctf because whats the point if there's no one playing it the right way. I pvped in many mmos and only did it for fun (or honor points in WoW)...if people played the game the way it was meant to be I'd probably be level 10 still because I'd be enjoying myself playing legit CTF matches.

Yes it ruined the whole CTF dynamic.

wvhills
11-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Problem is the flagger will call their friends and gang you. Or they will just leave and find an easier match to flag in. And there is a way to start matches without having 3 people on each side. So ultimately it accomplishes nothing.

I understand. Fortunately, I don't care about my ratio. Either they'll leave to find an easier match or we'll see who has the more powerful friends. ;). Be prepared man, I may need u for back up!

drgrimmy
11-16-2013, 12:03 PM
CTF has been dead since about midway through last season after most pvp'ers got warmonger and started to focus on the flags APs. I had to switch to TDM to get the remainder of my kills without getting a lot of grief for interrupting flagging.

To be honest CTF never really functioned well even before that. Before everyone had the warmonger title, and before TDM, everyone used CTF to farm kills and rarely even tried to capture the flag. In fact people running flags got yelled at, the exact polar opposite of what it is now, lolz. It was more fun like that though, with some good 5v5 rumbles in most maps you joined, and with no guilt/grief for killing others.

Ravager
11-16-2013, 01:15 PM

I understand. Fortunately, I don't care about my ratio. Either they'll leave to find an easier match or we'll see who has the more powerful friends. ;). Be prepared man, I may need u for back up!

Invite me for a rumble too ;-)

Nesox
11-17-2013, 09:42 PM
AP doesn't mean anything. Play for fun, not AP.

My "fun" includes the challenge of the game as intended. Getting ganged and whined at for playing the game by the rules is why the game is no longer "fun" for most players. Even those flagging are just looking for an AP to make leaderboard, not fun.

OP is 100% correct and this topic has been beaten to death for some time now without changes or comments from devs to my knowledge. I will save everyone further repetition of my position.

Frohnatur
11-17-2013, 11:03 PM
I think the CTF idea needs to be competely redesigned, as far as even removing the basic game idea. Instead they need to invent a concept where people get back to teamwork, will be rewarded when they do good as a team and make it possible for the people to strive for the best gear for the advantage of the team and not for simple kill farming.

And wvhills, yes I do remember those days where you got yelled at when you flagged. And for that reason I kill flaggers too, if they're not my particular friends, even if they weaken the other team, what would surely be in my interest otherwise. But nevertheless: I think its egotistic to enter a full game room and run for the flagg. Especially if a warrior is doing that, making his team mates warrior-less and vulnerable. But if I see a flag room, where really everybody is only flagging, then I just leave. Sadly this is the case most of the time :/

Joncheese
11-18-2013, 03:21 AM
Completely broken.

Myself and eek went to PVP last night and every room was a flagging room or a 1v1 room. Before you remind me of TDM.... We went there too. Everyone joins, gets killed a couple of times then leaves. It turns into a waiting game.

STS please look at this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?123814-Pvp-room-is-getting-boring

Some good ideas here.

KingMartin
11-18-2013, 04:54 AM
So, in fact you are saying that CTF is ruined by CTF? :vD:

dantus
11-18-2013, 07:34 AM
In ctf the intended format is to race to 5 flags.this game is rarely played as intended. Either A) both teams let opposing team carry flags till game is over. (Flag rooms) or B) both teams fight in the middle ignoring flags until the weaker team gets tired of losing and leaves. Leaving victors to flag. (Fight room). It is up to you how you want to play it. If you don't like flag rooms kill the flagger. It usually turns it into a fight room. Flagger is forced to fight or find a flag room. Nothing wrong with the ap imo. (Other than, for me, it's a waste of hundreds of hours) personally I prefer tdm because there is less politics.

Joncheese
11-18-2013, 08:01 AM
In ctf the intended format is to race to 5 flags.this game is rarely played as intended. Either A) both teams let opposing team carry flags till game is over. (Flag rooms) or B) both teams fight in the middle ignoring flags until the weaker team gets tired of losing and leaves. Leaving victors to flag. (Fight room). It is up to you how you want to play it. If you don't like flag rooms kill the flagger. It usually turns it into a fight room. Flagger is forced to fight or find a flag room. Nothing wrong with the ap imo. (Other than, for me, it's a waste of hundreds of hours) personally I prefer tdm because there is less politics.

agreed dantus. TDM has its flaws though. Certain guilds dont like the KDR going down, so will leave most of the time as soon as we start killing.

Daddyblu
11-18-2013, 08:12 AM
So, in fact you are saying that CTF is ruined by CTF? :vD:

LOL nice....

Guys its not CTF AP ruin the PVP game... thats why its called CTF the main concept is capture tha flag...

in Ctf there is not rules. who ever flag 5 1st winds the round thats it.. but now people now a days say im flagging.
i mean flag should not be free in the 1st place.

I like how the tournament go. thats how CTF should be.. old fashion nice and Fun...

no regroup just team play.

KingMartin
11-18-2013, 08:17 AM
LOL nice....

Guys its not CTF AP ruin the PVP game... thats why its called CTF the main concept is capture tha flag...

in Ctf there is not rules. who ever flag 5 1st winds the round thats it.. but now people now a days say im flagging.
i mean flag should not be free in the 1st place.

I like how the tournament go. thats how CTF should be.. old fashion nice and Fun...

no regroup just team play.

I cannot say I agree with every your post, but this time I do. I think CTF (not PvP) is ruined due to very simple reason, people are not playing game, they are just farming those APs. As the arena is not locked during fight, you can't add "Matches won" AP.

Being a lead of a guild I don't have time for this, but I am hearing low level CTF is much more fun here.

Daddyblu
11-18-2013, 08:23 AM
I cannot say I agree with every your post, but this time I do. I think CTF (not PvP) is ruined due to very simple reason, people are not playing game, they are just farming those APs. As the arena is not locked during fight, you can't add "Matches won" AP.

Being a lead of a guild I don't have time for this, but I am hearing low level CTF is much more fun here.

well people should start playing old school ctf its more fun.

there are times i message friends to play old school ctf.. you should join us..

ChillyPepper
11-18-2013, 08:43 AM
haters gonna hate... :P juz play the game....
stop talking about things u dont like but just enjoy the game jees

wvhills
11-18-2013, 08:56 AM
we're the ones who ruined the game by allowing people to flag for free, it's not the AP.
The devs don't need to change anything to fix ctf. We're the ones who need to change. Here's an idea: if you don't like people flagging for free then lets all kill the flaggers.

Daddyblu
11-18-2013, 09:02 AM
we're the ones who ruined the game by allowing people to flag for free, it's not the AP.
The devs don't need to change anything to fix ctf. We're the ones who need to change. Here's an idea: if you don't like people flagging for free then lets all kill the flaggers.

true...! thats why its called CTF.. deffend the flag at all cost.. and counter attack by getting the flag lol.. they should play old Ctf more fun.. than this boring free flags.

KingMartin
11-18-2013, 09:47 AM

Isn't this rather obvious? Isn't CTF about killing flaggers and trying to score a flag of your own? I really don't understand why should someone flag for free... :(