PDA

View Full Version : Crafting & Upgrade System Now Live in Arcane Legends!

Samhayne
11-15-2013, 12:35 PM

New Crafting and Upgrade Systems Now Available in Arcane Legends

Now you can create powerful Gems and socket them into all of your items to improve item stats!

As you adventure, you will collect different magical essences. Using Crafting you can distill these essences into various Gems. Socket Gems into your items to improve your stats! Trade, Buy and Sell Gems to other players! Use Crafting and Item Upgrades to improve your stats and be the most powerful Hero ever!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44921&d=1383084276

Crafting:

The Crafting System will allow you to create different, powerful Gems that you can then socket into your gear to improve their statistics. Initial Gem recipes include:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44911&d=1383079066

In order to create a Gem, you will need to gather 10 Essences. Essences drop as you adventure, or you may purchase Essences from the Store. Essences can drop from most opponents, chests and breakables (like barrels and boxes).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44914&d=1383080610

Essences are magical in nature and bind their energy to the person who holds them. As such, Essences are not tradeable. After you condense 10 Essences to form a Gem, you can trade the Gem or sell the Gem on the Consignment Shoppe to other players.

The process of condensing 10 Essences into a Gem takes time. It takes 8 hours to create 1 Gem. You can have up to 5 total crafts or upgrades in progress at any one time on any one character.

This is the first use of this new Crafting System. There is a lot of room for future expansion. The Arcane Legends Development Team is excited to use this new system to create compelling new content in the future for you.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44922&d=1383084300

Upgrading:

The Upgrade System will allow you to socket one or more (depending on the quality of the item) powerful Gems into your gear.

The number of Gems any particular item will hold depends on the quality of the item:

Epic items: 1 upgrade slot
Legendary items: 2 upgrade slots
Mythic or Arcane items: 3 upgrade slots

Socketing a Gem is not a trivial task and takes time. While an item is having a Gem socketed, it is not available for use. Plan your upgrading carefully!

Putting a Gem into the first socket takes 8 hours. A second and third socket take even more time.

The amount of bonus that a Gem grants depends on the level of an item. In a level 36 item a normally bonded Gem grants a +3 stat bonus, while a superior bonded Gem grants a +6 stat bonus.

When a Gem finishes imbuing into a socket, it has a chance to form a superior bond with the item for an additional bonus! Once you have a Gem socketed into an item, you can replace that gem with a new one and have a chance for that replacement to yield a superior bonded Gem! Replacing an existing socketed Gem takes 12 hours, regardless if it is in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Gem slot.

Here is an example walk-through of the Upgrade process socketing a Blood Gem to add some extra STR to a lvl 31 Entomed Hammer of Warfare.

Step 1: Select Item
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45080&d=1383166708

Step 2: Select Slot
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45079&d=1383166698

Step 3: Select Gem
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45078&d=1383166684

Step 4: Review Upgrade Info
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45077&d=1383166673

Step 5: Confirm
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45076&d=1383166662

Step 6: Upgrade in Progress
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45075&d=1383166653

While the Entombed Hammer of Warfare is being upgraded it is not available for use. If you want your item right away, you can use Platinum to purchase through the timer. Any one character may only have a total of 5 Crafts or Upgrades in progress at any one time.

Notice how the Super Gem stat bonus for the Level 31 Entombed Hammer of Warfare is +5, where a level 36 item can be +6. This scales up from level 10 items that are a base +1 with a Super Gem possible bonus of +2.

The Crafting Station, where you can start new Gem crafts, start new Upgrades, review your current progress and pick up finished items is easily accessible from the main menu.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45097&d=1383173216

As with Crafting, this is the first use of this new System. There is a lot of room for future expansion with Upgrades.

Primeblades
11-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Epic!

Capolista
11-18-2013, 04:40 PM
8 hours of waiting the process :(

Ixyris
11-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Lets try how it works.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

ruizerwin
11-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Hope it work great :D

Primeblades
11-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Will upgraded items look different?

That would be sweet!

Skeokateva
11-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Can you change the gems on sn item once you upgrade that item? Like from int to str gem if you have all the materials?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Carapace
11-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Can you change the gems on sn item once you upgrade that item? Like from int to str gem if you have all the materials?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yes you can replace a gem with another gem when you have other gems to utilize.

Uicheusa
11-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Horrible UI. The AD for other STS games cannot be disabled and is getting me seizure. Let alone all the holes in my inventory which are creeping the Jesus out of me.

Primeblades
11-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Horrible UI. The AD for other STS games cannot be disabled and is getting me seizure. Let alone all the holes in my inventory which are creeping the Jesus out of me.

Lol

JaytB
11-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Great update!

The only thing I noted so far is that it seems to be really hard to get a superior bonded gem. Maybe it was just bad luck but it would be nice to have an idea about the success rate on getting a superior bond.

Pentavia
11-19-2013, 01:48 AM
Crates crates everywhere

Xeusx
11-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Hope there is no bug anymore, lol

Uicheusa
11-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Lol

I am not kidding here, coz the dizziness those slots gave me I accidentally hatched a Grimm egg which I didnt plan to hatch on my toon. I believe it's called 'Trypophobia'.

Excuses
11-19-2013, 02:54 AM
And please fix 'delete items' as it was.
When I tried to keep legendary and mythics but only delete epic and rare items, it used to let me delete the items below what I clicked only.
However now it just continues to delete with the items left 'up' even when nothing is left below . I almost deleted some of my milions items just becasue of this.

New system's been ok so far for me unless/depends how rare super gem is which I haven't get one yet.
42 plats to just try one gem is kind of too much tho, which might be good so even heavy plat users don't wanna use plats on there.

However please consider this.
We can't use our items for 4 days (minimum. Or a month) while upgrading which means we can't play this game for hthe period. For ex. I can't pvp, elite or arena without my upgraded mythic armor.
Keep the upgrade time but let us use the item while it is upgraded.

Thank you

Kraoracha
11-19-2013, 03:13 AM
I guess I will see it in a day or so, when I have time to play again :) Thanks.

Kjalisi
11-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Lol

At the risk of sounding super naive, since yes i know its advertising, these ad's do kinda hurt me eyes they're so off with the the entire colour scheme of AL. Ouchies >_<

Valsacar
11-19-2013, 10:13 AM
And please fix 'delete items' as it was.
When I tried to keep legendary and mythics but only delete epic and rare items, it used to let me delete the items below what I clicked only.
However now it just continues to delete with the items left 'up' even when nothing is left below . I almost deleted some of my milions items just becasue of this.

New system's been ok so far for me unless/depends how rare super gem is which I haven't get one yet.
42 plats to just try one gem is kind of too much tho, which might be good so even heavy plat users don't wanna use plats on there.

However please consider this.
We can't use our items for 4 days (minimum. Or a month) while upgrading which means we can't play this game for hthe period. For ex. I can't pvp, elite or arena without my upgraded mythic armor.
Keep the upgrade time but let us use the item while it is upgraded.

Thank you

You can very easily play with out it, you might not be as powerful, but it doesn't stop you from logging into the game and enjoying yourself. I have EVERY item upgrading right now, and yet I'm still playing and doing runs.

killwithfire
11-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Great update!

The only thing I noted so far is that it seems to be really hard to get a superior bonded gem. Maybe it was just bad luck but it would be nice to have an idea about the success rate on getting a superior bond.

i managed to get 4 super bonds. but it took me nearly 1300 plat. does seem excessive.

Sorcerie
11-19-2013, 02:47 PM
i managed to get 4 super bonds. but it took me nearly 1300 plat. does seem excessive.Hah! Seriously?! Seems on par with getting arcane items. GL with that, lmao.

Dragonaire
11-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Great update

Serancha
11-19-2013, 03:12 PM
The deleting system was great how it was. This change is making many players delete valuable items by accident.

Also, when you highlight the bottom item in your inventory category, it often glitches and shows the stats of either the top one or the one you are wearing, so you need to tap the next item up and then the item you are looking to inspect, before you can see what level it is.

For example I get a level 21 blue amulet, but when I try to inspect it, I am told it is level 30 because I am wearing / have in my inventory, mythic amulets. This is cumbersome and very time consuming to deal with, not to mention confusing when you are trying to clean inventory on the fly.

I will get a screenie next time it happens. Messy.

Jenvy
11-19-2013, 03:52 PM
So, I've compiled a small list of my major grievances.

increased minion loot is destroying market- We know you're trying to fix this oversight. We appreciate it.

Wait times- I'm cool with even the longest crafting/ugrading wait times. What I'm annoyed with is not being able to use my gear while it's upgrading. I understand you're trying to make money by having people spend plat to speed the process, but this line of thinking is a tad misguided. Most of us aren't going to waste our plat for something so trivial. A general rule of business is that positive incentives produce more sales than restrictive ones.

Sell function - After selling your last trash item in an equipment category, your valuable items are subsequently targeted. This is causing numerous accidental sales.

New UI - Perhaps make the gem slots smaller? They're a total eyesore.

phillyr
11-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Has anyone noticed that equipment doesn't give the same stats as before update? I was window shopping the firesquid of assault lvl 35 before crafting update with Clyde pet gave me 680dps, now with same pet sane weapon has int crystals in it only gives 679...want this to"upgrade"the items, not make us spend plats or days without our weapon to get them back to normal stats? If my math is correct dps should be higher if item is"upgraded"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Newcomx
11-19-2013, 08:16 PM
I get Bound Glacial Gem and i don't know how to use it. What's the different between Glacial Gem and Bound Glacial Gem?

phillyr
11-19-2013, 08:23 PM
I get Bound Glacial Gem and i don't know how to use it. What's the different between Glacial Gem and Bound Glacial Gem?

Bound gem can't be traded, others can be

LionHeart
11-19-2013, 08:25 PM

It is bound to your character and can only be used by you. Same idea as the essences, it cannot be traded and essentially gives you an instant gem to begin crafting without waiting for one to be crafted or purchase one from someone else.

phillyr
11-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Did I miss the announcement where they nerffed our equipment?

Jojoman
11-20-2013, 08:50 AM
guys from arcane legends new update fun.....but i lagg now alot i have every my ping is 38,000 sow the update sucks

Jenvy
11-20-2013, 10:51 AM
I just noticed this.

The description of procs and bonuses on weapons/gear are no longer displayed as you scroll through the consignment shop. You now have to click their little avatar at the bottom to see description and the new gem slots.

This is incredibly annoying and totally unnecessary. It's fine for the gems, since we can see basic indicators of gem presence on main screen, but not for proc descriptions and bonuses.

Sceazikua
11-20-2013, 11:04 AM
I just noticed this.

The description of procs and bonuses on weapons/gear are no longer displayed as you scroll through the consignment shop. You now have to click their little avatar at the bottom to see description and the new gem slots.

This is incredibly annoying and totally unnecessary. It's fine for the gems, since we can see basic indicators of gem presence on main screen, but not for proc descriptions and bonuses.

Yea and also are the names of the items. I never looked at the big names of items on the list, I always look at the description because I always have the stat changes up, and that will cover most of the names.

phillyr
11-20-2013, 05:45 PM
I looked thru countless other forums and found the mage mythic helm lost stats in this update, in case any other mythic mages were wondering what happened to their dmg+dps....loving the response time on these issues btw.......

mawdeuce
11-20-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm on my last gem on my mythic gun. Only the dam timer is stuck! Sent email but no reply yet. Very annoying considering total wait time for 3 gems is 3 days 8 hours. Should have ben done by now.

Samhayne
11-20-2013, 06:36 PM
I just noticed this.

Thanks for the head's up on this. We'll get the proc info added back into that info.

Samhayne
11-20-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm on my last gem on my mythic gun. Only the dam timer is stuck! Sent email but no reply yet. Very annoying considering total wait time for 3 gems is 3 days 8 hours. Should have ben done by now.

The timer isn't stuck, the time just isn't displaying correctly. The seconds is actually minutes, so it only changes once per minute. We will be fixing that in an upcoming patch.

Noobyburrito
11-20-2013, 07:37 PM
R.I.P. twinks

greenwhirlwhiind
11-22-2013, 10:32 PM
I should try this!

Youngmurda
11-25-2013, 01:40 PM
R.I.P. twinks

Umm...? How is that r.i.p to twinks lol they can upgrade too.

Theillist1
11-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Ive been lied to by this update... it said lvl 10 was the base for all gem stats... why is lvl 9 getting +2 normal sockets also? Seems very unfair to the lvl 7-8s when they.gotta fight a 9 with way ovwrpowered stats... STS go you should change pvp brackets or go back.to lvl 10 being the base of stats on gems.

Noobyburrito
11-28-2013, 01:35 AM
Umm...? How is that r.i.p to twinks lol they can upgrade too.

LoL, idk... ;P

SgtKeebler
12-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Me and a couple other players suggested this when you guys had the suggestion form, when you guys were very first making the game. Good to see you guys put it in

Oana-Daniela Dinu
12-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Hello i don' know how to make a new post and i write here.Venomprince is a scammer because lie me. I give him 20k to open a lock chest and he run away with my money. I don't have money so there are important to me. I have printscreen with him! I don't know how put them here. Please help me!

Chickenrunnn
12-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Hello i don' know how to make a new post and i write here.Venomprince is a scammer because lie me. I give him 20k to open a lock chest and he run away with my money. I don't have money so there are important to me. I have printscreen with him! I don't know how put them here. Please help me!

Hello there,

You should have a look at there, and send a ticket : http://support.spacetimestudios.com/ :) It's the support staff ^^
Explain them what exactly happen :) It should be ok

Scamming isn't meant to be discussed on forums :[..

Cya =D

Babo
12-30-2013, 12:09 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/31/rysyhysa.jpg:thumbup:

Gesendet von meinem ST21i mit Tapatalk

phillyr
01-21-2014, 06:53 AM
Flawed flawed flawed. I didn't like it from the begging and don't like it now. imo, crafting is a huge waste of time unless you are a warrior

Madnex
01-21-2014, 11:23 PM
Flawed flawed flawed. I didn't like it from the begging and don't like it now. imo, crafting is a huge waste of time unless you are a warrior

Each level gives you +6 points. One gem gives +3. So adding two gems on a legendary is like leveling up once (without the skill point). For mythics it's one level and a half up. Grand gems basically double that. This works the same for every class.

phillyr
01-21-2014, 11:33 PM
Each level gives you +6 points. One gem gives +3. So adding two gems on a legendary is like leveling up once (without the skill point). For mythics it's one level and a half up. Grand gems basically double that. This works the same for every class.

Warrior adds blood gem, gets health AND dmg dps raise... squishy smurf has to contemplate add str to be jyst slightly less squishy or add int for some added aoe dmg...id say warriors got the better of this "upgrade" system

phillyr
01-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Also hurts mages more in pvp cause everyone has higher damage and our armor is still junk

Tombmino
01-22-2014, 06:10 AM
Cool

Capolista
01-23-2014, 02:50 AM
Just want to share an idea ...

I think STS admin should give benefit to players who have done multiple upgrading attempts

For example : if one equipment reaches 20-25 upgrade process, it should have super gem automatically

Well, i think its fair enough considering time consuming (25 x 12 hours) and cost of gems needed (tarlok gem 25 x 20k = 500k gold)

I am really hoping feedback from game admin & other players about this idea

Just a little opinion from non platinum user

Normitaa :)
01-25-2014, 12:12 PM
Is boring the upgrade many time for one supergem :/

Mehmet Tuncay
04-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Ben deki eşyalara sürekli olarak gem basiyom fakat bir türlü grand olmuyor neden birde platinium alamiyorum

Mehmet Tuncay
06-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Mystic elbise ve de sapkam artik kraft olmuyor ben ne yapacak gücüm çok az grand olmuyor aylarca ugrastim fakat grand olma di lütfen yardimci olun

Mehmet Tuncay
06-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Artik mystic kere tas basmak çok si kişi ve de çok zaman aliyor bunu biran önce düzeltsin çok zaman gidiyor mystic Lee yerinde sayiyor ve de çok para gidiyor zarar cok

Dash Valdez
06-28-2014, 03:19 AM
Why are you making us hard to collect yeah its a good game but the players are wasting there money in in buying platinums. That sucka you know. If you give us a gold or plat that is free.... instead of wasting our money then that's great :-) thank you

NajaSAKAii
12-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Can anyone tell me what are the Ice Dragon Scales for? Thanks :lemo:

Thrindal
12-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Necro....

aquascaper
12-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Can anyone tell me what are the Ice Dragon Scales for? Thanks :lemo:

Ice dragon scales are used in a few different crafting recipes. They are used in Tarlok Gems (recipe obtained via token vendor), Ursume Locks (recipe obtained via token vender or with gold from auc), Enchanted Eyes (recipe obtained from reaching plat tier or with gold from auc), and Frist Eggs (recipe obtained from greater ice scale chests).

As a side note, be careful when liquidating scales in bulk (10+) if you want to buy them back. There's a max of 10 scales per recovery.

Good luck!

- aquascaper

Oh, btw, commenting on an old thread is called a "necro". It is better to create your own thread under the appropriate section.

jiazataoe
07-16-2015, 02:08 PM
Lets try get +7 :)

Tyshaud Brooks
07-17-2015, 01:38 AM
Nice am soo ready for this

Umut Evcin
07-23-2015, 02:46 PM
Cool thx about that

joelsondb
11-25-2015, 09:40 AM
eu não consigo craft essas gemas como eu faco isso

Flavio Gumina
11-26-2015, 09:28 AM
Gems are no more craftable. U can craft jewels

Daehanie
11-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Why sts didnt remove gem essense?

eugene9707
11-30-2015, 11:32 PM
Damn necro..... i was excited that jewel system got an update....

tafg
08-31-2016, 01:49 AM
Do you get to keep the jewel you replace?

FrostFlame
08-31-2016, 09:27 AM
Sry but ...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9060 mit Tapatalk

FrostFlame
08-31-2016, 09:29 AM
I dont know where to write ticket but my IGN: DARKLFLAME and i opened shady and surge egg :/ pls turn it back into an egg i just got it eith luck :^/

Hack™
08-31-2016, 10:32 AM
I dont know where to write ticket but my IGN: DARKLFLAME and i opened shady and surge egg :/ pls turn it back into an egg i just got it eith luck :^/

STS no longer re-eggs srry:3

Justg
08-31-2016, 11:02 AM
STS no longer re-eggs srry:3

True. Closing necro-post.