PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy S Vibrant.

drakone
11-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I know if the phone doesn't meet req. it won't be on the market. But I have seen other people posting that they have it on their Galaxy's S' Anyone know why I can't find it on the market, or if it just Isn't available to my model. I am running 2.1

Futumsh
11-12-2010, 03:46 PM
I wish there was an easy way to find out why an app doesn't show up for a particular device. The vibrant certainly should meet the requirements.

shadywack
11-12-2010, 03:51 PM
drakone, would you go into settings, about phone, and post your system version? Perhaps there may be a correlation to something that might be fixable in your build.prop or there may be an update you can download that wasn't pushed to your phone.

zivkong
11-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Perhaps you should double check your setting coz i got a falcon and a bear walking around and slashing zombies in my I9000 (Galaxy S)

shadywack
11-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I'd think it's more to do with having a current update. I don't know how many updates Samsung has pushed out for the Vibrant, but regardless, unless your phone is rooted you can't change any settings to prohibit what you see in the market.

drakone
11-12-2010, 04:59 PM
model SGH-T959
Firm Ware 2.1-update1

shadywack
11-12-2010, 05:17 PM
model SGH-T959
Firm Ware 2.1-update1

That means you probably have the JI6 update too then. Have you ever checked your market version? I'm wondering if you have the 2007 or 1714 version. I've seen a few people that had issues seeing apps on 1714 and once theirs was changed to the 2007 version it helped. During the Angry Birds beta tons of people that used Vibrants couldn't see it.

duhchi
11-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Op go to pocketlegends.com on your vibrant and click the dl on market button.

drakone
11-16-2010, 01:53 AM
I figured out the issue. I am still running the base build, and apparently it will only show up on the market with the recent gps fix firmware. It seems as though I am going to be the last person to get that update since it has been ota for over a month. I tried it out on another vibrant with the update and it showed up. Thankyou all for the help.

reddragon72
11-16-2010, 10:10 AM
I figured out the issue. I am still running the base build, and apparently it will only show up on the market with the recent gps fix firmware. It seems as though I am going to be the last person to get that update since it has been ota for over a month. I tried it out on another vibrant with the update and it showed up. Thankyou all for the help.

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier, but yea I could have fixed this for you 6 posts back with that tide bit. Any time a phone maker makes a phone they update the market with the phones info. If the maker then updates the phone they can submit an update to the market and either clear the old(in this case Samsung did that)phone info or leave it there. So when a new app comes out it is tagged with the new firmware's info and only shows for the phone with that firmware tag. Most older apps will retain the old info for a few months, and see the new as well. This is a market/phone maker issue. So yes since JI6 was released and the market updated by samsung before PL came out it messed up the market for those on the old firmware.

WOODWARD
11-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Galaxy S and Galaxy Tab are by far the best way to play this game