PDA

View Full Version : Plat users: VIP access fading away?

Vertuldo
11-15-2013, 02:56 PM
First off... The new update.

I am not against this recent update - using story tokens for buying inv slots, pets, etc.
However, it came to me that the non-plat users are beginning to have access to exclusive options of the game that previously only plat users can access.

Secondly, the grimm egg - mythic pet.

From the last seasons, plat users are the only players who can acquire such mythic pets. Now, the market has lots of stocks for grimm eggs with low prices.

It gathered to me that sts is like giving a portion of plat users' exclusive access to acquire items or options to non plat users that may take away the gap amongst players.

The line that separates the plat users and non plat users is thinning down thus, the exclusivity is fading away.

Rare
11-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Plat users got "vip access" as you called for 6 seasons. I dont see a problem here.

You can still get your vip by buying them fast and not having to work for it.

Imo, best update sts has made in any of their titles.

Yakiniku
11-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Plat is just a paid shortcut. Personally, I'm welcoming the latest changes with open arms because I'm actually tired of spending plat on stuff like inventory slots, pets, etc.

I spend plat regularly, but I'd much rather put them towards other things like rerolls or the occasional rez.

Vertuldo
11-15-2013, 03:51 PM
As I mentioned, I am not against the update. Actually, I like it. Now, I can spend my plats for other options such as what Yakiniku intends to do.
Point is, the line of plat users from non plat users is thinning down. I wish name change option will stay for plat users only. :-)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
11-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Remember all those asinine posts we have seen when plat users got a bonus (references all the buffs to locks)? Both in gratitude (on the plat users side) and in anger (on the non plat user side).

Lets avoid this by doing math! :D

I'm not a plat users so please give me your numbers if you are a major plat user.

-----

1) How much plat have you spent on:
-inventory slots
-auction slots
-stash slots
-respecs
-character slots

2) how much plat have you spent on opening locked crates?

3) how much plat have you spent on exclusive pets? (Not just mythics)

4) how much plat have you spent on leprechaun pendants, and vanities?

5) how much plat have you spent on elixirs?

moonway03
11-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Dont you think its too much if non-plat players cant compete with plat users?
Imo plats just makes things fast,not really exclusive.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Desperoto
11-15-2013, 05:34 PM
What ure doing here, is saying that non plat users cant enjoy the mythic pets updates, and always have to use the annoying 25 slots? I'm also a non plat-user and i can tell u: I did spend way much more time then the spender to get my mythic. I farmed it and this did cost me so long. And u guys can have it in a day or less.

Samdegreat
11-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Plat ruins the game... If u have everything what is the point in playing and you havnt really achieved anything...

Morholt
11-15-2013, 06:40 PM
In most games the advantage of spending money is to make things faster to obtain--not so much unattainable without. It may seem like the idea here was to make things unattainable, but getting platinum through free offers is plenty doable for things like inventory spaces & Slag...it just takes time. It may seem like an eternity, but you eventually get there.
Just because something was seemingly unattainable for you without platinum, doesn't mean it is unattainable.

It's like what you will see with upgrading & crafting. You don't have to spend any platinum to get what you want done; however, you can obtain what you want MUCH quicker with the usage if platinum.

chitgoks
11-15-2013, 07:11 PM
dont worry everyone. if you see something plat purchasable only, wait it out.

theyll make it buyable with gold sooner or later

Crowsfoot
11-15-2013, 09:33 PM
@doing trials comment.

Only 30% of them work. It took me 5months to get the exclusive plat pets for the beastmaster AP and the plat for the 70 play bundle that grants the auctioneer AP. Additionally, my only mythic pet is Grimm, and I purchased him with gold.

Hoardseeker
11-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Remember all those asinine posts we have seen when plat users got a bonus (references all the buffs to locks)? Both in gratitude (on the plat users side) and in anger (on the non plat user side).

Lets avoid this by doing math! :D

I'm not a plat users so please give me your numbers if you are a major plat user.

-----

1) How much plat have you spent on:
-inventory slots
-auction slots
-stash slots
-respecs
-character slots

2) how much plat have you spent on opening locked crates?

3) how much plat have you spent on exclusive pets? (Not just mythics)

4) how much plat have you spent on leprechaun pendants, and vanities?

5) how much plat have you spent on elixirs?
Yeah still they can respec,open locked buy pets in stable,buy lep pedant,buy vainitys,buy guardian bundle,buy elixirs

Hmm @the thread opener
Can U See? There are many options still for plat users!

Trenton
11-15-2013, 09:57 PM
I still don't get why "plat users" and "non plat users" are so to say, separated in this game. Alot of people on AL seem to think of it as scums/rich people. If you don't buy plat, you're scum. I'm not saying anything against op or anyone in this thread but this is what it seems like to me, why is there a fine line between these two "types" of people?

Samdegreat
11-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Tbf there are only two types rich and poor however in rich there all those who earned it and those who didn't which is pretty obvious...

thechozin
11-16-2013, 10:19 PM
As a plat user, I do not feel like there's been any loss to platinum advantages. You can still do everything much faster than non-plat players.
I was actually happy to see the changes this update, it actually makes the game truly a free to play, you would not see this with other companies.
Being a platinum spender does not make you exclusive, elite, or even skilled, you simply accomplish things faster. And with more people being able to attain the necessities, the game will grow, and the people that enjoy it will still spend money.
I applaud STS, and respect them a lot more as a company.

Hoardseeker
11-17-2013, 01:09 AM
As a plat user, I do not feel like there's been any loss to platinum advantages. You can still do everything much faster than non-plat players.
I was actually happy to see the changes this update, it actually makes the game truly a free to play, you would not see this with other companies.
Being a platinum spender does not make you exclusive, elite, or even skilled, you simply accomplish things faster. And with more people being able to attain the necessities, the game will grow, and the people that enjoy it will still spend money.
I applaud STS, and respect them a lot more as a company.
You are obviously Correct!

Hectororius
11-17-2013, 01:44 AM
STS has created a new plat sink for users with crafting and upgrading. By taking minor essential things like inventory and auction slots in to the free realm, it will allow free users to somewhat keep up with with the plat spenders. Remember that gems and essences will be taking up valuable slots.

epicrrr
11-17-2013, 02:55 AM
well imo - sts direction and path for plat buyers doesnt take them off "vip treatment area" there are a lot of stuff that a plat buyer will first get a hold off before non-plat user