PDA

View Full Version : What's "Bonus Damage"?

Sage south
11-15-2013, 07:26 PM
I've been wondering this awhile. Does anyone know what it is? I have like 275% on my rogue but have no idea what it does.

DocDoBig
11-17-2013, 07:22 AM
Exactly what it says. ;)
It gives you more damage if you charge a skill or auto attack. Means a normal auto attack depends on your normal Damage stats, if you charge (hold on the Auto symbol) it does the normal damage plus the bonus damage.

^This is how I understood it.

Here the official FAQ article: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/967208-how-do-i-charge-my-abilites-

Linkincena
11-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Don't ask that question bro..
Even devs don't know lol

Zeus
11-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Actually, it is a percentage that takes your damage and multiplies it.

So, if you notice on a ring with 3.0 damage versus a ring with 0 damage, if my stats are 300% bonus damage then that ring would add roughly 9 damage (not including the attribute point effects of the ring).

That's why, with rings like the archon ring of potency, there is a HUGE gain in damage when you wear it but it doesn't look all that much when you view the stats.

Hope that helps! :)

JaytB
11-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Exactly what it says. ;)
It gives you more damage if you charge a skill or auto attack. Means a normal auto attack depends on your normal Damage stats, if you charge (hold on the Auto symbol) it does the normal damage plus the bonus damage.

^This is how I understood it.

Here the official FAQ article: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/967208-how-do-i-charge-my-abilites-

Huh? O.o

This is how I understood bonus damage...

It multiplies the damage added by each of your equipped items. For example, if a ring would add 3dmg in its description and your bonus damage would be 300%, the ring would add 9 damage instead (3x (300%) the 3dmg displayed in the rings' stats description). if the ring in the example would also add additional str/dex/int, you'd have to take any added DMG due to increase in base stats into account also.

So yeah, the higher your bonus damage, the higher damage each of your gear pieces add.

DocDoBig
11-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Lol idk.

Theories over theories.

Linkincena
11-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Maybe.... Onade knows xD

Youngmurda
11-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Maybe.... Onade knows xD

Rofl !

Sage south
11-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Ah I see! So no wonder my ensorcelled ring gives 9 damage even though it says 3. Thanks!

Frohnatur
11-17-2013, 11:33 PM
Maybe.... Onade knows xD

Dammit, I knew it all the time!! And now he is gone. :(

Oh,... and back on topic: I don't have the faintest idea. But: I dont care! because its linked to the stats and when I buy gear I look anyway how ALL of the stats improve.

Sorcerie
11-18-2013, 10:51 AM
It's funny that no one really knows how this is factored into your stats, it's one of the reasons that I haven't bothered to pick up Nemesio as a pet.

I would love for a dev or a mod to explain this.

Milan Lame Man
11-18-2013, 11:35 AM
It's funny that no one really knows how this is factored into your stats, it's one of the reasons that I haven't bothered to pick up Nemesio as a pet.

I would love for a dev or a mod to explain this.
It has been explained already.
Damage Bonus multiplies all your damage stats:
1. Your base damage (you see it on level-up screen),
2. DMG from equipment (all those 3.0 damage rings),
3. weapon's damage (hidden number)

Bonus Damage 275% means multiply by 2.75 .

It has no direct relation to charging / not charging skills or attack.

FluffNStuff
11-18-2013, 11:55 AM
It has been explained already.
Damage Bonus multiplies all your damage stats:
1. Your base damage (you see it on level-up screen),
2. DMG from equipment (all those 3.0 damage rings),
3. weapon's damage (hidden number)

Bonus Damage 275% means multiply by 2.75 .

It has no direct relation to charging / not charging skills or attack.

This is correct, and the damage you see already has the bonus damage built in. I did a TON of testing of this a while back. It gets extremely confusing because when you add bonus damage, it applies to your base damage and not the damage you see, so if you add a ring with say 20 dex and 3 damage and you have 200 bonus damage, you will now have 210 bonus damage, so it adds 2.1 * 3 damage. But is also adds 10% damage from the dex. But it is not to the current damage, it is to the base damage, so the actual (INCREASE) in damage from 20 dex is (current damage / bonus damage) * increase in bonus damage. Oh, plus you have to take into account that the 20 dex has .2 base damage, and that gets multiplied by the CURRENT bonus damage. Oy Vey!!!

Sorcerie
11-18-2013, 02:56 PM
This is correct, and the damage you see already has the bonus damage built in. I did a TON of testing of this a while back. It gets extremely confusing because when you add bonus damage, it applies to your base damage and not the damage you see, so if you add a ring with say 20 dex and 3 damage and you have 200 bonus damage, you will now have 210 bonus damage, so it adds 2.1 * 3 damage. But is also adds 10% damage from the dex. But it is not to the current damage, it is to the base damage, so the actual (INCREASE) in damage from 20 dex is (current damage / bonus damage) * increase in bonus damage. Oh, plus you have to take into account that the 20 dex has .2 base damage, and that gets multiplied by the CURRENT bonus damage. Oy Vey!!!I'm sorry I asked, lmao.