View Full Version : Arcane Legend new map?

Urm
11-16-2013, 05:55 AM
STS has released many new variety of maps through expansion, this include, a water themed (Paradise Pier), a snow themed (Stronghold) and space themed? (City of Kelys). Now, what could be STS next map theme be based on? Maybe a sky themed map; places where players fly and play in the sky and with new release of winged items.

What do you think the next theme for the new expansion map will be based on? Are there going to be new maps?

Soundlesskill
11-16-2013, 06:41 AM
ATLANTIS!

Lol jk

Timus
11-16-2013, 06:50 AM
in the desert?

:p

najcomp
11-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Maybe a desert,the shuyal is not space themed but dark themed lol

Urm
11-16-2013, 08:10 AM
Maybe a desert,the shuyal is not space themed but dark themed lol

ok thank you :)

aarrgggggg
11-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Hows about a carnival theme or an amusement park type theme idk just throwing it out there

Crowsfoot
11-16-2013, 12:31 PM
In the clouds. "The heroes of Arlor fight off evils in the skies above."

Ebezaanec
11-16-2013, 01:16 PM
In the clouds. "The heroes of Arlor fight off evils in the skies above."

Oh, that idea sounds so angelic and heavenly :p

I would like an underground expansion similar to the underground lvls like Rooks' Hideout and Gold Mine. The levels would be somewhat pitch black and light would come from Abilities (skills, pets, etc)

For example:

Mage fireball
Mage lightning
Mage lifegiver
Warrior heal
Rogue health packs (maybe)
Weapon charging?

Pets can also brighten up lvls, like Ethyl, Wrathjaw, Slag...

Players would have to strategize and work together to "see" and fight off hordes of enemies in the darkness

Idk, just some ideas. :)

Sky_is_epicgearz
11-16-2013, 01:36 PM
The next theme should be pink idk why....

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1), Version 2.4

Sleepdeprived
11-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Jungle themed with snakes still sounds good.

Desperoto
11-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Samhayne thanked someone who suggested amazonian/Jungle theme. I think that sts is thinking about that but im not sure

Bonthan
11-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Similar tread was done in pl forums while back. Someone mentioned Japanese Samurai theme. I thought that would be pretty cool.

Ghost city theme would be cool, like some planet of the apes action

Urm
11-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Samhayne thanked someone who suggested amazonian/Jungle theme. I think that sts is thinking about that but im not sure
Hmm sounds good

chitgoks
11-17-2013, 07:25 AM
the dead city first few maps look like a desert

VanRah
11-17-2013, 07:52 AM
we have shark pets...why not fighting under the sea? it's more normal to use a sea pet there rather than on the ground

centoid
11-17-2013, 08:53 AM
i thing the next is gonna be in the water and i it will be called atlantis.

drawfflerz
11-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Forbidden city

TuMadreee
11-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Off-topic:

Kraken=Rogue
Nordr=Warrior
Shuyal=Sorcerer

It would be crazy if there were a new class coming out with the expansion... Very mind blowing since there really isn't a 'new' class that could be implemented. Those of now pretty much take up all the options. But of course it would be very entertaining going for top player with the new class, where everyone starts at 0 APs.

On a side note, sky-themed map would be interesting. I love having wings as vanities (Angel/Demon wings just like those from Ragnarok), but many hate it too.

Instanthumor
11-17-2013, 02:18 PM
We should have an Underworld theme, where Uller, Hemingleva, and that other mage gets resurrected... Etc... Etc

Kakashis
11-17-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm up for a lost city or battle of the gods! I mean, where exactly did our mythic gear come from? Destroy your upgraded armor them to unleash and key access to the God world! Lol.

yeph
11-18-2013, 02:37 AM
How about underwater? Or dinosaur theme? XD

dudetus
11-18-2013, 11:33 AM
I wud vote for a new class, The Oyster class and alongside it a new realm of Oysterra! Ur heroes will walk through the ancient watery catacombs with the help of Larry Lobster.

chitgoks
11-19-2013, 09:21 PM
i want to see a new variety of pet. one that is underground and attacks with spikes like the plant in plants vs zombies

then a successive spike in a large area for its arcane ability

the dmg should be huge

Worship
11-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Very mind blowing since there really isn't a 'new' class that could be implemented.
Dude.. There is a smurf-alien that is a doubled as a sorcerer.. Anything is possible.

Worship
11-19-2013, 09:35 PM
But anyways, possible themes;
1. Jungle
2. Swamp
3. Dense foggy areas
4. In a big kingdom, including inside the castle keep.
5. Lava! In and around a volcano
6. Alien planets
7. Small bandit village
eh.. Who knows?

Urm
11-22-2013, 11:26 PM
But anyways, possible themes;
1. Jungle
2. Swamp
3. Dense foggy areas
4. In a big kingdom, including inside the castle keep.
5. Lava! In and around a volcano
6. Alien planets
7. Small bandit village
eh.. Who knows?

Volcano sounds awesome

Chelsea Irwin
11-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Hey people have a mod msg me I'm new to forms but I found out how to unlock maps

Frohnatur
11-23-2013, 12:33 AM
First of all, I hope everyone noticed that Shuyal is not on Arlor. So this is already like a different planet/sky whatever. From this point it can go anywhere. If STS uses the same method as with all the other maps, we'll see a duplicate of some kind, done in a very economical way. Yes, jungle would be very tempting since they used a lot of new plant design in kraaken and shuyal. They could throw that together and - voilá - new expansion.

If they dont, but instead surprise us with a revolutionary new map design (undim fields and ashral tower was a first step in that direction) then maybe we'll see something very interesting. This is what Pocket Legends does way better. Secret doorways, almost open maps different map layouts all the time.

So far every new expansion has disappointed me in the way of map design, the same old corridors, flanked by plants, trees etc, walking from A to B through a corridor basically; just the details differ.

So what would I like to see?

Taking up the notion of heaven/space/gods I would like to see something like the Olymp in greek mythology. You could let your imagination running absolutly wild, beasts, half human half animal, crazy light effects, environmental effects (flying? 3-D?), traps (like a path through the cloud where you can fall at certain points through the clouds and land in some sort of underground/Hades).

What ever it will be, I just wish it will be a little bit more surprising then the old maps.

Shuyal though was in my eyes the best expansion so far. New monsters, new crazy bosses, the ashral heart (I havent even got that achievment) and so on.

And the new crafting system got me totally by surprise! I love it and now I play all my three chars again, bringing them up to date and let them craft and upgrade all day. xD

xXz21
11-23-2013, 12:55 AM
If u wanna fly go play Aion.. and add me :)

i really think AL looks bad if u fly. bcus have no camera rotation.. so lol sucks flying..