PDA

View Full Version : Little Art Mixup

Hook
11-16-2013, 06:33 AM
Today I watched the classic Jurrasic Park. Got inspired by the logo and experimented to see if I could get a signature to look like the movie logo. I was content with the results.

Thoughts?

LEVEL ONE
11-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Not bad at all, though there are some minor issues:

- the red border around "occultformula" is thiner, than the border on the red circle
- the filtered image with all the characters is too crispy (the logo from jurassic park is smooth)
- the mages hand dissapeared in the filtering process
- it looks like theres a space between the letters "L" and "T" even though you didnt want that
- theres some buggy thing going on with the letters "R" and "M"

But this, as I said, are just minor issues, and I doubt anyone even noticed them. However, the biggest issue (or should I say CRIME) is how you use this image in your signature. It looks really rushed and unprofessional.

Zentry
11-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Wow

iiirootzz
11-16-2013, 09:42 AM
But this, as I said, are just minor issues, and I doubt anyone even noticed them. However, the biggest issue (or should I say CRIME) is how you use this image in your signature. It looks really rushed and unprofessional.

This^

Trenton
11-16-2013, 11:41 AM
This^ Really? All you're doing is agreeing with him because he's showing Occult his so called flaws, you don't gaf whether the picture is good or not.

Trenton
11-16-2013, 11:42 AM
@Occult The only really noticeable one would be the R and the M, and possibly the L and T being separated too much :P Other than that, looks great! I can't criticize much knowing that I'm terrible at Photoshop.

NECROREAPER
11-16-2013, 12:28 PM
If anyone spends enough time while reading your posts to make ciritiscms on miniscule issues with your SIG, then they're not worth your time.

Hook
11-16-2013, 02:00 PM
@Occult The only really noticeable one would be the R and the M, and possibly the L and T being separated too much :P Other than that, looks great! I can't criticize much knowing that I'm terrible at Photoshop.

Thanks bro.
Unfortunately,
I cant change the letters. Its a font. Whoever made the font package made the letter mistakes.

LEVEL ONE
11-16-2013, 02:11 PM
I cant change the letters. Its a font. Whoever made the font package made the letter mistakes.

No need to change the font...

http://s11.postimg.org/4bfab9hk2/Pics_Art_1384597348367.jpg

And I only criticize to help, I wasnt trying to be mean or anything.

Multibird
11-16-2013, 02:16 PM
under your name, you cant fit STG, which I thought looked nice.

Hook
11-16-2013, 03:13 PM
under your name, you cant fit STG, which I thought looked nice.

Sheugokin
11-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Infinite times better than my attempts.
Spectacular job bro.

Hook
11-16-2013, 04:49 PM

This^

Let's see.

1. Il target the weakest link first. Iiirootz, you dont even have a signature. So that was easy. Gf.

2. LevelOne.

The biggest issue or should I say CRIME is how you completely stole a trademarked logo 100% to its core, from spacetime studios , and manifested it as a whole as your signature. Talking about looking rushed and unprofessional, way to go buddy. How long did it take you to save and upload?
5 seconds? Congratulations.

I might of copied a trademarked logo "style" but by the amount of tweaks and customizations, by an artist law, doesn't necessarily make my work an infraction.

I appreciate your other half of your criticism tough. I see the mistakes I made with the red outlines and the font. Ty.

;)

Hook
11-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Infinite times better than my attempts.
Spectacular job bro.

Thank you, sheu. If you ever want a customized sig, visit my shop and send me some details.
Free of charge.

Multibird
11-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Occult, are you still making sigs for ppl?

Hook
11-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Occult, are you still making sigs for ppl?

Yes of course, visit my shop (link in my sig), and if you like my work, by all means send me the details in a p.m. I promise you'll get your moneys worth.

Multibird
11-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Yes of course, visit my shop (link in my sig), and if you like my work, by all means send me the details in a p.m. I promise you'll get your moneys worth.

okay :)

Suentous PO
11-16-2013, 06:33 PM
I might of copied a trademarked logo "style" but by the amount of tweaks and customizations, by an artist law, doesn't necessarily make my work an infraction.

True, generally a 30% change to even a trademark makes the new work exempt. I've re-appropriated litigious corporate material & tom cruise or disney hasn't got me yet D:

LEVEL ONE
11-16-2013, 07:05 PM
The biggest issue or should I say CRIME is how you completely stole a trademarked logo 100% to its core, from spacetime studios , and manifested it as a whole as your signature. Talking about looking rushed and unprofessional, way to go buddy. How long did it take you to save and upload?I appreciate your other half of your criticism tough. I see the mistakes I made with the red outlines and the font. Ty.

That's a bit unnecessary... You asked for thoughts, and I gave you my thoughts... I never claimed that the signature was made by me or something, I just wanted to show other people what an awesome logo STS had back in the days.

I didn't know that only people with custom made signatures can post criticism in this thread, sorry.

Hook
11-16-2013, 07:21 PM
The biggest issue or should I say CRIME is how you completely stole a trademarked logo 100% to its core, from spacetime studios , and manifested it as a whole as your signature. Talking about looking rushed and unprofessional, way to go buddy. How long did it take you to save and upload?I appreciate your other half of your criticism tough. I see the mistakes I made with the red outlines and the font. Ty.

That's a bit unnecessary... You asked for thoughts, and I gave you my thoughts... I never claimed that the signature was made by me or something, I just wanted to show other people what an awesome logo STS had back in the days.

I didn't know that only people with custom made signatures can post criticism in this thread, sorry.

Those weren't toughts. Calling someones work rushed , a Crime, and unprofessional is actually an attack.

Your first half about outlines and the font, was criticism, which i acknowledged. But at the end, you started being cocky. So next time you want to judge artwork by that ground, make sure your not in the hole yourself.

Hook
11-16-2013, 07:24 PM
True, generally a 30% change to even a trademark makes the new work exempt. I've re-appropriated litigious corporate material & tom cruise or disney hasn't got me yet D:

lmao :) What exactly did you use from Disney?

Suentous PO
11-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Starts out mickey, ends up..

wrong.

I like yer new sig tho =]

blatta
11-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks bro.
Unfortunately,

If you use Photoshop you can use "ALT-[Arrow-left/right]" to manipulate details in micro kerning of the font. Moar her: <http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WS5EC229CC-1518-4f06-BCB0-E2585D61FC54a.html>

Hook
11-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Thanks bro.
Unfortunately,

If you use Photoshop you can use "ALT-[Arrow-left/right]" to manipulate details in micro kerning of the font. Moar her: <http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WS5EC229CC-1518-4f06-BCB0-E2585D61FC54a.html>

I use mobile Photoshop. I make my sigs in my smart phone.
So it has nowhere near those type of commands.

Thanks for the info tough.

Trenton
11-16-2013, 10:05 PM
I use mobile Photoshop. I make my sigs in my smart phone.
So it has nowhere near those type of commands.

Thanks for the info tough. What do you use? Aviary? :p All your sigs are super cool though, better than what I could do with a computer #occultgotskill

Rescind
11-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Occult, haters be hatin'
The sig looks nice. I like it. Childhood points for Jurassic park to top it off too

iiirootzz
11-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Occult, you are an amazing talent...

Just saying. (:

Love you so much ~

Cheenivie
11-17-2013, 09:09 AM

Just saying. (:

Love you so much ~

Didn't you just agree with LEVEL ONE guy when he pointed out the smallest details just because you don't like Occult?

Faliziaga
11-17-2013, 09:13 AM
The original Jurassic park sign looks like a stamp, clear and memorable. Its lettering does not divide the sign into two halves. If you use a smaller font you could a have 1/3:2/3 division horizontally. That would create more tension in the composition. Thus you have more space for the pic and the round shape would become more evident. So you underline the round-edgy contrast.
As for the colors, I would prefer an Indian yellow and a lighter red. Also inside the letters. The black outsides are too large, its a bit like unfinished space. The bird in the pic looks like a tapir lol. My first association was looking through a keyhole.

Caiahar
11-17-2013, 10:04 AM
The original Jurassic park sign looks like a stamp, clear and memorable. Its lettering does not divide the sign into two halves. If you use a smaller font you could a have 1/3:2/3 division horizontally. That would create more tension in the composition. Thus you have more space for the pic and the round shape would become more evident. So you underline the round-edgy contrast.
As for the colors, I would prefer an Indian yellow and a lighter red. Also inside the letters. The black outsides are too large, its a bit like unfinished space. The bird in the pic looks like a tapir lol. My first association was looking through a keyhole.
It is? O.O

iiirootzz
11-17-2013, 10:23 AM

Just saying. (:

Love you so much ~

Didn't you just agree with LEVEL ONE guy when he pointed out the smallest details just because you don't like Occult?

Nope, I agreed with L1 because what he said in the beginning of his critique was true.

You and Trent choose to see only the negative things, and tend to put words in my mouth, I never said I agreed solely in the grounds that I didn't like Occult.

In fact, I never said that I didn't like Occult.

So stop already, you're childish.

LEVEL ONE
11-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Nope, I agreed with L1 because what he said in the beginning of his critique was true.

Really? You clearly quoted only the last part of my post, where I mentioned the signature:

This^

Occult, Im sorry, I have used words that were too harsh. But I still stand by what I said. Cropping a logo is the worst a graphic designer can do. Logos are not ment to be cropped under any circumstances.