PDA

View Full Version : Improve mage lifegiver because its really bad

falmear
11-16-2013, 07:31 PM
One thing thats hard to understand is why mage's heal is so bad. Here are my stats with arcane staff:

Health: 3609
Damage: 533.8
Armor: 1022

Livegiver only recovers 1553-1941. This is only 43%-53% of my health. Why is this so low? If I try to add more HP through str, I recover less health so there is no value in adding more str because I lose how much lifegiver heals. Also +10 health regen for 10 seconds is useless with 3609 health. Lets compare this against other classes:

Warrior with maul:

health: 5523
damage: 468.4
armor: 1848

624-781 every 1.5s for 6s. So in 6 seconds this recovers 2496 to 3124. Of their own health a warrior recovers 45% to 56%. But everyone knows how good a warriors horn of renewal is. With 1848 to 2k armor their damage reduction gives them enough time to take damage to wait out horn's cool down.

Rogue w/ mythic blades:

Health: 3511
Damage: 383
Armor: 1363

Regardless of HP or damage, with upgrades, each health packs recover 30% of damage. So can amount to 90% of their health. So the more health they add the more health packs recover.

So why do mages have the worst heal and they have the lowest armor. We have the lowest percentage of health recovered and the lowest number of health recovered. Livegiver should be fixed so it recovers more health then it currently does. And heal over time should be boosted so it heals more then just +10 for 10 seconds.

keikali
11-16-2013, 07:43 PM
I remember there was a thread in General Discussion that was about this also.

+1. I myself am a Mage who STILL uses Lifegiver despite the sad sad but useful benefits it provides.

My suggestion? Get rid of the (2) HP and Mana Regen upgrades and have those (2) Regens BUILT into the base skill which would free up (2) slots of some NEW more beneficial upgrades.
Some upgrades I would suggest is an "armor boost" when charged for a couple of seconds etc.

Zeus
11-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Honestly, this is the only MMO I have played where a sorcerer has the worst heal in the game.

Linkincena
11-16-2013, 11:13 PM
I remember there was a thread in General Discussion that was about this also.

+1. I myself am a Mage who STILL uses Lifegiver despite the sad sad but useful benefits it provides.

My suggestion? Get rid of the (2) HP and Mana Regen upgrades and have those (2) Regens BUILT into the base skill which would free up (2) slots of some NEW more beneficial upgrades.
Some upgrades I would suggest is an "armor boost" when charged for a couple of seconds etc.

That thread was mine.. xD
N yeah.. it was more specific about heal regen...
Its not according to lvl 36 now...
Carapace said he would give it a look..
Only look from devs side till now...

Ebezaanec
11-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Yes, mages need a heal that is at least somewhat on par with the warrior's heal.

Come on Devs, its the smurf expansion.. They can't be the underdog of healing :p

Hoardseeker
11-17-2013, 01:31 AM
One thing thats hard to understand is why mage's heal is so bad. Here are my stats with arcane staff:

Health: 3609
Damage: 533.8
Armor: 1022

Livegiver only recovers 1553-1941. This is only 43%-53% of my health. Why is this so low? If I try to add more HP through str, I recover less health so there is no value in adding more str because I lose how much lifegiver heals. Also +10 health regen for 10 seconds is useless with 3609 health. Lets compare this against other classes:

Warrior with maul:

health: 5523
damage: 468.4
armor: 1848

624-781 every 1.5s for 6s. So in 6 seconds this recovers 2496 to 3124. Of their own health a warrior recovers 45% to 56%. But everyone knows how good a warriors horn of renewal is. With 1848 to 2k armor their damage reduction gives them enough time to take damage to wait out horn's cool down.

Rogue w/ mythic blades:

Health: 3511
Damage: 383
Armor: 1363

Regardless of HP or damage, with upgrades, each health packs recover 30% of damage. So can amount to 90% of their health. So the more health they add the more health packs recover.

So why do mages have the worst heal and they have the lowest armor. We have the lowest percentage of health recovered and the lowest number of health recovered. Livegiver should be fixed so it recovers more health then it currently does. And heal over time should be boosted so it heals more then just +10 for 10 seconds.

U forgot to mention the mana regen it uses 110mana for me and recovers 385 mana so 110-385= 275 do u know my mana amount is 3000

Do u know the difference between 275 and 3000? -_-

Desperoto
11-17-2013, 07:59 AM
I agree, but keep in mind that in group fights ur teamed rogues become more op

Linkincena
11-17-2013, 10:24 AM
I agree, but keep in mind that in group fights ur teamed rogues become more op

Don't warriors do the same thing? o.O

Imjebus
11-17-2013, 11:48 AM
It's only useful at lower levels and even then I question why I use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Theillist1
11-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Makke the cooldown dramatically shorter... problem solved!!!

keikali
11-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Makke the cooldown dramatically shorter... problem solved!!!

This still won't solve the problem. I rather have an improved lifegiver rather than a shorter CD.

Imjebus
11-17-2013, 01:01 PM
This still won't solve the problem. I rather have an improved lifegiver rather than a shorter CD.

It would help but not solve it...what we need is a heal like warriors :/ even the rogues heal over time is soo much better than ours... :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Grisilda
11-17-2013, 03:51 PM
This post is so true. Add in the fact that warriors get shield through their HoR so more time to chill around and the rogues healthpack's cd starts the moment the healthpacks are deployed, meaning the cd starts counting off while the rogue keeps healing. Smurfs heal, although amazing for its mana fill on party mostly, is really bad for self use... :(

falmear
11-17-2013, 10:44 PM
In real numbers here is how it breaks down from top to bottom:

Rogue heal: 3159 (90% of health)
Warr heal: 2496 to 3124
Mage's heal: 1553-1941

So as you can see warriors non-charged heal is > a mage's charged heal by 555 health. And rogue's has the best heal of all 3. So to put it in a different light, to kill each class, assuming 1 heal per fight you need to deal this amount of damage over the entire fight:

Warrior: 5523 + 3124 = 8647 damage
Rogue: 3511 + 3159 = 6670 damage
Mage: 3609 + 1941 = 5550 damage

And this is an arcane mage. A mythic mage will have less HP with livegiver healing less. So the numbers here are rather misleading. Maybe someone who has mythic staff can post their own numbers.

iacito
11-17-2013, 11:35 PM
In real numbers here is how it breaks down from top to bottom:

Rogue heal: 3159 (90% of health)
Warr heal: 2496 to 3124
Mage's heal: 1553-1941

So as you can see warriors non-charged heal is > a mage's charged heal by 555 health.
I think both are heals are non-charged; for mage, 1553 is the minimum damage a non-charged lifegiver would heal and 1941 is the maximum damage a non-charged lifegiver should heal. It's in the same order for warriors

falmear
11-18-2013, 12:33 AM
I think both are heals are non-charged; for mage, 1553 is the minimum damage a non-charged lifegiver would heal and 1941 is the maximum damage a non-charged lifegiver should heal. It's in the same order for warriors

I always thought the range on the skill page was non-charge to charged. Seems like when you charge heal you get more. So I just assumed that is what the skills page showing on the range of damage/health recovered. If its just random between 1554-1941, thats a pretty large random range.

Milan Lame Man
11-18-2013, 02:13 AM
First of all, I would love to see the lifegiver heal more, that's for sure.

On the defense of STS though,
1. "According to my research", lifegiver heals 3.2-4.0*DMG. You ask for it to be derived from health instead, but I'd say the way it is now is reasonable as well, and works throughout most of the game.
2. Rogue's heal only works for 1 person while warrior and sorcerer heal all people in range, so the warrior's heal is the best one IMHO. Which is to be expected, considering their tanking/protector role.

Why the numbers you provide, 1553-1941, work for DMG 485 and not 533.8, is a good question, though. Could be a bug with arcane staff. It should heal some 200 more.

Haligali
11-18-2013, 06:39 AM
Lifegiver +10 heal over time means +60-70hp/sec at lvl36, useless.

Nesox
11-18-2013, 05:59 PM
First of all, I would love to see the lifegiver heal more, that's for sure.

On the defense of STS though,
1. "According to my research", lifegiver heals 3.2-4.0*DMG. You ask for it to be derived from health instead, but I'd say the way it is now is reasonable as well, and works throughout most of the game.
2. Rogue's heal only works for 1 person while warrior and sorcerer heal all people in range, so the warrior's heal is the best one IMHO. Which is to be expected, considering their tanking/protector role.

Why the numbers you provide, 1553-1941, work for DMG 485 and not 533.8, is a good question, though. Could be a bug with arcane staff. It should heal some 200 more.

Tieing heal to damage only makes sense If our damage was significantly higher for it to be remotely equal to other classes. Rogues get more effective heal AND three high damage offensive skills. I have a poor heal, only two offensive skills, and a shield, that when depleated, makes me a one shot kill.

Sky_is_epicgearz
11-18-2013, 09:08 PM

Yes yes yes to this... Mages armour stats are completely useless u need 1k armour to be of slightly better use-.- something to boost that.....something similar to warriors vengeful blood that gives lets say 50% amour for 10 seconds would be really helpful...

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1), Version 2.4

falmear
11-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Tieing heal to damage only makes sense If our damage was significantly higher for it to be remotely equal to other classes. Rogues get more effective heal AND three high damage offensive skills. I have a poor heal, only two offensive skills, and a shield, that when depleated, makes me a one shot kill.

Even with arcane staff, without shield you pretty much get one hit or combo'd (spam their skills) to death. And now it seems like stun & panic is much less effective. So its very difficult to stop rogues from getting to their health packs. Usually the first stun works but panic chances after that seems very low even with Samael. Also today's update nerfed Crawly's arcane even though its not a stun. Without Samael + arcane staff I wouldn't bother fighting in PvP. The other two classes have too much of an advantage in healing, armor and damage dealing. I think it will be a while before STS even looks at this, if at all. In my mind I'd like to have shield extended to a full 30 seconds and improve our healing.

Instanthumor
11-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Even with arcane staff, without shield you pretty much get one hit or combo'd (spam their skills) to death. And now it seems like stun & panic is much less effective. So its very difficult to stop rogues from getting to their health packs. Usually the first stun works but panic chances after that seems very low even with Samael. Also today's update nerfed Crawly's arcane even though its not a stun. Without Samael + arcane staff I wouldn't bother fighting in PvP. The other two classes have too much of an advantage in healing, armor and damage dealing. I think it will be a while before STS even looks at this, if at all. In my mind I'd like to have shield extended to a full 30 seconds and improve our healing.

As much as I think Lifegiver sucks, I don't think it reaches that extent to have shield last a full 30 sec, but if shield should last a full 30 sec, they should minimize damage reduction so it evens it a bit out.
But yeah, charged Lifegiver roughly restores 50% health on my Lv. 26 Mage (full INT), and I'd rather use another offensive skill (which I do), than use Lifegiver because it's totally not worth it.

keikali
11-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Bumping this.

Since free respec weekend is coming up per Sam on the shoutbox. I'd like to see some improvements on Lifegiver so we can at least TEST it out during this time.