PDA

View Full Version : Android is invading Alterra.

shadywack
11-12-2010, 09:33 PM
I was passing through Forest Haven and the town was full of Android users. There was 3 people on iDevices and the rest of them were all Android folk.

I figure it was a forest haven with 25 people. I also got to noticing that there were 1800 players online.

When I started that number was usually around 800. Is there really that many Android users getting into this??

jonboy
11-12-2010, 09:35 PM
I hope so, it will only be good for the game.

setec
11-12-2010, 10:25 PM
How did you know they were Android users? Did you poll them in chat?

Also, that gives me an idea...time to post in suggestions...

DaVeep
11-13-2010, 02:35 AM
I think it's great to see STS reach out on all these platforms. I can't wait to see how PL will be a year from now. There are so many possibilities... I was looking into getting the iPhone 4 because of gaming possibilities, so I am hoping to see more Android games as I may very well switch back to Android at some point in the future.

Ellyidol
11-13-2010, 02:42 AM
It capped 2.1k today! Highest I've seen ever since I've joined. :O

Are android players even incorporated to our servers already? Or is there a separate beta server?

setec
11-13-2010, 02:52 AM
It capped 2.1k today! Highest I've seen ever since I've joined. :O

Are android players even incorporated to our servers already? Or is there a separate beta server?

they are on the same server as everyone.

Ellyidol
11-13-2010, 02:53 AM
they are on the same server as everyone.

Awesome. How do they manage to pay for plat? We have iTunes they have? Is it google checkout if I remember correctly?

setec
11-13-2010, 02:56 AM
Awesome. How do they manage to pay for plat? We have iTunes they have? Is it google checkout if I remember correctly?

Amazon for plat. Go to pocketlegends.com and click on buy plat to see.

Ellyidol
11-13-2010, 02:58 AM
Amazon for plat. Go to pocketlegends.com and click on buy plat to see.

Must be huge inflow for STS with all the new players wanting to buy the content. :P

Should we expect something soon then? ;)

DaVeep
11-13-2010, 03:01 AM

I read somewhere that it's Amazon payment services and that more options will be added soon. That's one of the difficult areas for Android, imho... Google Checkout is rather limited as it's only available in a relatively small set of countries so far.

iTunes and in-app purchases on the other hand has payment options through credit cards, Click & Buy in Europe and additional prepaid "gift cards" available nearly everywhere.

Edit: I am slooow.

markus
11-13-2010, 05:37 AM
Iam already lvl 30 and have three other started!

shadywack
11-13-2010, 06:17 AM
How did you know they were Android users? Did you poll them in chat?

Also, that gives me an idea...time to post in suggestions...

Actually a guy in there started asking and all of us responded. The 3 iDevice people responded too. It was quite funny actually "Everyone here on a Droid?" "Droid X here" "Droid Inc here" "Droid" "Droid 2 here" and so on. There were even some snarky remarks such as "Finally a real MMO for Android" and then I said "Finally, a real phone for this MMO ;)"