PDA

View Full Version : Talking with the whole entire Arcane players?

Urm
11-17-2013, 03:42 AM
There are options to talk in party and guild like /guildchat, /partychat and normal chat but there is no option to 'world chat'. There are those moment when you want to sell items or announce something important to everyone but you can only chat to the players that is in the same map as you. I think that there should be an option where you can talk with everyone that is playing, like a 'world chat' by doing a something like /worldchat or /w.To prevent spam you can put a time limited per chat and it costs gold to use world chat.

DocDoBig
11-17-2013, 04:11 AM
Wouldn't that be ultra "spammy"?

Worship
11-17-2013, 04:12 AM
Yeah.. prepare for unreadable chat boxes..

Limsi
11-17-2013, 05:13 AM
Reminds me of one small MMO game I've played before where players were able to communicate around the "world/global chat" by using a purchasable item: the megaphone. Basically a megaphone is obtainable using coins (plat counterpart) and are sellable through the auction. This gives players the ability to reach to a bigger crowd (favors traders) as well as a good source of revenue for the company.

I'm not sure if this will be made possible here in Arcane Legends but hey it's definitely worth a shot.

Daddyblu
11-17-2013, 05:33 AM
Reminds me of one small MMO game I've played before where players were able to communicate around the "world/global chat" by using a purchasable item: the megaphone. Basically a megaphone is obtainable using coins (plat counterpart) and are sellable through the auction. This gives players the ability to reach to a bigger crowd (favors traders) as well as a good source of revenue for the company.

I'm not sure if this will be made possible here in Arcane Legends but hey it's definitely worth a shot.

in empires online and ragnarok we have word chat.. you can also have that option to turn off and on.

Alhuntrazeck
11-17-2013, 05:44 AM
Prepare for inappropriate messages flooding the chat system when you're having an intense guild war...

Urm
11-17-2013, 05:49 AM
Yeah.. prepare for unreadable chat boxes..
Thats' why it should cost gold to use world chat

Daddyblu
11-17-2013, 06:00 AM
Prepare for inappropriate messages flooding the chat system when you're having an intense guild war...

nah its easy to avoid spam. you cant send another message in 2-3mins.

in other online game normal chat / area chat and world chat there is a time limit to send another chat.

so if you want to use your world chat use it wisely

epicrrr
11-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Not good, a lot of people will be exploiting this chatbox is fuzzy as it is.

smuggs
11-17-2013, 08:14 AM
World chat works in some mmos...but AL is a mobile game...can you imagine trying to read party or guild messages with a world chat going crazy too on that little chatbox that I always open up during fights with my big thumbs? I think not. If theu did the tabbed chat window it'd be way more feasible...but then the devs say they have 1 server and only 1 server....that's a lot of extra data going in and being stored.

gumball3000
11-17-2013, 08:22 AM
And thats why we need chat tabs. I think there should be tabs for local, guild and world chats.

Fyrce
11-17-2013, 03:15 PM
I think it's good we do not have world chat. I have never found that useful except for game announcements.

Juicymango
11-17-2013, 03:24 PM
And imagine there are lags too... The whole game would be more laggy if the chatbox always lpads...
I dont want the chatbox coz it will only be spamming. It even drives you crazy if you are in kraag guild castle.. and now add the chat of paradise pier too.. can you imagine? 10-20messages per second probably.. bad bad idea

Lovingly
11-17-2013, 03:59 PM
such a bad idea

Int
11-17-2013, 04:35 PM
World chat is gonna be full of spam and random stuff, plus devs would have to monitor this 24/7 since so many people will be in world chat and can violate ToS super easy so it requires super monitoring. Another suggestion would be a server chat
Instead of world chat, each server would have a certain number of people like 50, this way chat would be less spammed

~ARI~
11-17-2013, 07:52 PM
I know that most of the people who already commented above are saying it's a "bad, bad idea" to have a world chat, but I think having a world chat is not necessarily a bad idea. In other mmo games that I've played (such as Celtic Heroes (just to name one)), world chat went smoothly and I barely recall any instances when spam was an issue. This was due to the fact that players were only allowed to post every few minutes. (My memory fails at remembering exactly how long.) World Chat was definitely a good way to advertise sales/buys easily and efficiently. The spam was also minimized because the mmo's that already implemented a world chat system supported many different servers. (So the definition of World Chat would be more like a Server Chat... which kind of defeats the purpose :P but anyways...) However, unlike these mmo's, Arcane Legends supports one server, and only one. Thus, if Arcane Legends is to implement a world chat system in the future, I think Limsyoker's idea of purchasing "megaphones" is not a bad idea to prevent players, whether they be inexperienced or not, from constantly filling up world chat with ambiguous, time-wasting, "spam" messages every few minutes, which seems to be the main concern among the people who've already commented above.

I would be excited to see a world/server chat implemented in AL. I also see the obvious concerns that this kind of system may bring. (SPAM.) However, I think that this concern can be reduced with the idea of having other things implemented as well, such as a system in which people can post every X amount of minutes, creating different servers with a max amount of people who can join and thus creating a Server Chat instead of a World Chat as Int mentioned, or creating a "megaphone" if AL decides to keep its single server.

Though, the issue that arises with this is that if AL keeps its single server system and the megaphone is actually implemented, even players who are capable of purchasing megaphones could be irresponsible and possibly abuse this power by sending messages in world chat all the time (even though he/she would be allowed to post every few minutes), and thus contributing to spam messaging. (The same issue arises if STS decides to create a number of servers instead.)
This is all an issue of faith and trust though; if STS decides to implement a world chat in AL, then they would ultimately be trusting us players to be responsible. (This goes for any update in the history of ... well.... updating. :P )
But I'm going off topic, talking about faith, trust, and epistemological problems. :P

Back to the main issue: I can understand the flaws in having a world/server chat, but I do not think it would be a bad idea.

This is just my opinion though. :)
Thanks for bringing up this topic, Urm! :D I was going to suggest something like this as well, if no one was going to do it before me.

-ari

Frohnatur
11-17-2013, 11:21 PM
I know that most of the people who already commented above are saying it's a "bad, bad idea" to have a world chat, but I think having a world chat is not necessarily a bad idea. ............ I can understand the flaws in having a world/server chat, but I do not think it would be a bad idea.

-ari

But not a good one either.

~ARI~
11-18-2013, 05:39 AM
But not a good one either.

Yes, which is why I never directly said it was a good one either.

;)

Urm
11-19-2013, 05:53 AM
Sorry guys if you didn't like the idea, I was just suggesting. :/

Milan Lame Man
11-19-2013, 06:21 AM
How about needing a receiver as well? If you put it in stash, no more world chat.
Just turn it on, sell your locked, put it back.
Transmitter for plat, receiver for gold.
There would also be no point in spamming because only traders would listen, who probably don't care about petty guild wars.

woeh
11-19-2013, 02:27 PM
A global chat to sell items only would be good,like purchasing a auction shout, u pay tax fee n in auction like you are listing a item then it says your item has been shouted

I don't want to see jayquams name in global lmao for all of u who know who he is know what i mean haha