PDA

View Full Version : Interesting new idea for AL (Developers, please read!)

Energizeric
11-18-2013, 04:22 AM
A few months ago I posted an idea for a 1-on-1 Arena. Here is that post:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110817-1-on-1-PvP-Arena-where-other-players-can-watch-and-cheer-the-fights!!

Then this past week I was watching "Real Sports" on HBO and saw this clip on the game "League of Legends":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_pfmYWpspY

Now I realize that League of Legends is a different sort of game than Arcane Legends. However, I could see a big increase in popularity for AL if there was some kind of system where we had tournaments that people could watch. The few times we have had pvp tournaments, there was huge interest, but hearing about who won is not the same as watching it.

Obviously this is where the future of video games is moving towards. I think Spacetime may want to think about a long term project of implementing some kind of PvP with audience aspect into AL. I think it would be a huge move towards increasing the scope of the game and reaching new audiences.

Maybe 1-on-1 arena is not the best, maybe it should be a full 5-on-5 CTF type of game, or maybe even both. But the idea of being able to watch others play would be hugely popular. Even for PvE, I'm sure many would line up to watch some of the real pro players run a record timed run, or watch them take down that elite boss that everyone has trouble with. There was huge interest when we had that timed runs weekend a few months back. I'm sure tons of players would have loved to watch the pros run their record times. The possibilities for this sort of thing are endless.

Cero
11-18-2013, 06:20 AM
Yes yes.... pls give more pvp content thanks very much.. i play for pvp

Energizeric
11-20-2013, 02:55 AM
Nobody except Cero finds this idea interesting?

Instanthumor
11-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Nobody except Cero finds this idea interesting?

Count me in as well. It's not like there are any disadvantages in having this system implemented, unless it might cost some few bucks towards STS to input all this, but STS can do things to make some money on their part as well, for example (I hope they don't actually do this), there can be another tab in your menu page listing the top or hot videos, and it can cost 1 plat to watch per video. Just throwing this out there, but I would love to see some legitimate CTF battles!

Alfai
11-20-2013, 04:48 AM
Nice

Instanthumor
11-21-2013, 02:00 AM
Btw, nice quadra kill! :applause:

Joncheese
11-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Im for anything that makes this game better. This would only improve it more.

+1