PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades Official Feedback Thread

Samhayne
11-18-2013, 05:32 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44922&d=1383084300

Please use this thread to post your feedback about the Upgrade system added in Arcane Legends version 1.0.9. For more information about the Upgrade System, please see this announcement post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?124229-Crafting-amp-Upgrade-System-Now-Live-in-Arcane-Legends!

Zeus
11-18-2013, 07:00 PM
I. Initial Thoughts:
Crafting is out! So, the crafting system is perfect, honestly. There's enough of a balance between looting the gems or buying them with platinum that it is worth the effort. Honestly, it was a pretty well done update with a few kinks that require working out. The platinum cost for upgrading is shocking, even for a customer that pays a high amount of platinum.

II. Upgrading Problems:

1. Unable to wear gear that is in the process of being upgraded.
2. Cannot upgrade all 3 slots at once, making it a 3 step process. Even for plat users, they feel the burn.
3. Extremely low chance at a superior gem.

III. Addressing the Effects of Problems:

• For #1, there is many problems. First of all, this is a video game. By not enabling players to wear the gear they are upgrading, you're basically forcing them off your own game! Now, I am sure that was not the intended effect of the upgrade process. The three step process of 8 hours, 1 day, and 2 days results in a total of 3 days and 8 hours to fully upgrade one item. What is essentially done is STG has basically given players an "in-game ban" by not letting us use our gear. How are we supposed to play?

• For #2, this is where the nickel & dime-ing begins. Now, I am sure STG as a company wants to leave customers satisfied. The way that this is set up, you are basically nickel and dime-ing platinum customers to fully upgrade. Isn't 16, then 48, then 96 platinum which totals out to be 160 platinum for one item a bit much? Of course, this isn't even the best that you can get as the superior gem chance is very very low.

• For #3, the low chance at a superior gem will leave both the non-plat and platinum users unsatisfied. Why? Well, platinum users will get sick and tired of paying obscene amounts of platinum for a superior upgrade & it will leave a bad taste in their mouth. Non-plat users? There's another 12 hours on each of not being able to use the items.

IV. Solutions for Upgrading Problems

• For #1, what you can do is allow all 3 slots to be upgraded at once for the cost of 3 days. This way, a player can either take the bite once or wait it out.

• For #2, just charge platinum users a flat out rate! Nickel and dime-ing customers will only leave a very bad taste in their mouth.

• For #3, I would say to remove the chance at a superior gem or make the superior gem the only one that can be crafted. It's been proven with Grimm eggs that platinum users and non-plat users alike would just prefer a flat out, to the point way of getting what they want. Not everybody like gambling & the way this system is set up, it forces them to gamble.

Just some feedback, I hope it's useful!

~Zeus

Worship
11-18-2013, 07:06 PM
I like it a lot. This is my feedback for the entire update,
Why I like it:
-Not too rare of essence drops
-Won't make PvP lean towards one class/weapon anymore
-Sub-classes (tanks, support, dps based) can be even more effective with stat boosting gems. :)

Thanks for the update STS!
Satisfaction rating from me: 10/10

EDIT: Didn't realize there were 2 separate threads.. I'll repost this to both since this is my feedback for the whole update.

Bullox
11-19-2013, 05:26 AM
@ Zeus .....absolute +1

Kakashis
11-19-2013, 11:47 AM
I actually enjoy the game with the many item drops. Makes farming for essence fun and doable. I wouldn't want a drop rate that's like hunting for shards of mythic armor upgrade! The way it is has injected quite a bit of spending gold for all players! Fix it a bit, but please don't make essences drop once in a blue moon!

Energizeric
11-19-2013, 12:00 PM
-Not too rare of essence drops

That's an understatement! I farmed for 2-3 hours yesterday and got about 170 essences. They might as well give you one each time you fire the cannons in Kraag.

Why even make them a farmed item then? Just put a button on everyone's screen that says "get essence" and each time you press it you get one.

Sorry to be a bit sarcastic, but if they are so easy to get, then they will soon have little value. I don't see who would spend 10 plat to get a gem when you can get 10 essences in about 5 minutes of farming. And what's really the point of crafting if every single player will have crafted sets? We don't really need more character customization as we already all have different skills, skill upgrades, stat builds, and gear, and there are so many variations to choose from.

I liked crafting in PL when you had to really farm hard for the crafting stuff, and crafting your glyph set to demonic could take months of work, or millions of gold. But this crafting seems rather pointless and just a tedious task we now must do just because everyone else will be doing it and we must in order to stay competitive.

Zuzeq
11-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Copy all that Zeus said. The point that hurts the most is the unequip. I'm lucky enough to have a fully geared alt, but if I didn't I wouldn't be playing for roughly a week other than to pop in and start the next upgrade.

Erianu
11-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Pls make eggs available to sell in inventory. Im full off esteban, deary and other eggs. And gift it to newbies in windmoore isnt a solution at all.

Uzii
11-19-2013, 01:40 PM
That's an understatement! I farmed for 2-3 hours yesterday and got about 170 essences. They might as well give you one each time you fire the cannons in Kraag.

Why even make them a farmed item then? Just put a button on everyone's screen that says "get essence" and each time you press it you get one.

Sorry to be a bit sarcastic, but if they are so easy to get, then they will soon have little value. I don't see who would spend 10 plat to get a gem when you can get 10 essences in about 5 minutes of farming. And what's really the point of crafting if every single player will have crafted sets? We don't really need more character customization as we already all have different skills, skill upgrades, stat builds, and gear, and there are so many variations to choose from.

I liked crafting in PL when you had to really farm hard for the crafting stuff, and crafting your glyph set to demonic could take months of work, or millions of gold. But this crafting seems rather pointless and just a tedious task we now must do just because everyone else will be doing it and we must in order to stay competitive.

Really?

I tried for abt 4 hours yesterday and got 15, couldnt even made a single gem...

and there is not much difference between players when it comes to gear and skills for each class, so there is nothing bad when everyones is going to have a crafted set and more customization.

Energizeric
11-19-2013, 02:03 PM
I think that everyone is going to "customize" the same way. Sorcerers will add 3 INT gems to each item, rogues will add DEX and warriors will add STR. We already have ways to add these stats in our regular build stat points. How many players don't go 100% pure? Not many. In the end this won't add any variety.

Bullox
11-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Please put out that Superior Gem thing and instead give us a bonus for full Slots.

And please lower the Plat costs and time for 2nd and 3rd Slot.

Zeus
11-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Everyone is going to "customize" the same way. Sorcerers will add 3 INT gems to each item, rogues will add DEX and warriors will add STR. We already have ways to add these stats in our regular build stat points. How many players don't go 100% pure? Not many. In the end this won't add any variety.

I've been thinking it over and I think that Superior gems will be the "crafted" and normal gems will become the norm. While that's not so bad, it's still an annoyance.

Samhayne
11-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Everyone is going to "customize" the same way. Sorcerers will add 3 INT gems to each item, rogues will add DEX and warriors will add STR. We already have ways to add these stats in our regular build stat points. How many players don't go 100% pure? Not many. In the end this won't add any variety.

Everyone? Hmm, I don't know about it. It sounds like a sweeping over-generalization. I can understand that it's your opinion.

To give you some actual data, right now it looks like Blood gems are the most popular, more so than the distribution of classes. So, it appears that everyone isn't going just pure sorc=int, rogue=dex, war=str and are adding STR more on average.

It's really too early to draw hard conclusions. We'll watch and see how things shake out. It's a big system, after all :)

Desperoto
11-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Everyone? Hmm, I don't know about it. It sounds like a sweeping over-generalization. I can understand that it's your opinion.

To give you some actual data, right now it looks like Blood gems are the most popular, more so than the distribution of classes. So, it appears that everyone isn't going just pure sorc=int, rogue=dex, war=str and are adding STR more on average.

It's really too early to draw hard conclusions. We'll watch and see how things shake out. It's a big system, after all :)
I agree with this.

Zuzeq
11-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Maybe later in the game they will add more gems (+2%dmg, crit, dodge etc...) Its day two...give it a chance.

Ventus
11-19-2013, 02:57 PM

I hope you guys are reading the feedback and tweaking some stuff soon. As it stands im not putting any gems into my gear. id rather stay with my mythics without extra bonuses rather then use pinks or not play at all =[. For now. Im gonna just sell all the gems i get until you guys decide to either lower the timer or make it so you can still use your equip while upgrading just no bonus til the timer hits.

Serancha
11-19-2013, 03:03 PM
The one big issue I see is with the essences being locked to your character. This is fine for the plat spenders who don't mind / can afford to buy space. However, players with limited inventory will now be forced to stop hunting when their crafting slots are full. You can not enter a zone with a full inventory, and when you get essences most runs, that is going to fill up the smaller inventories fast, leaving those players grounded. Not very good for encouraging gameplay.

I suggest having essences tradeable and gems character-bound, if this trade-limiting must be done. Then at least people would have a way to ditch their extras without coming in at a loss. (Currently you can liquidate your essences - but they are worth 0, which seems like a penalty for anyone not able to buy more inventory room. I am not sure if it liquidates all of that kind, or if you can choose how many - didn't want to risk a stack for the info.)

Either that or make the essences not take up inventory slots, or a partial fix would be to allow 5 crafting AND 5 upgrading slots, not 5 total. But this last would not fix the problem of players ending up grounded with essence overload.

Zeus
11-19-2013, 03:06 PM

This.

If people go max damage and everyone goes max damage, they will realize that they don't have enough health too survive. The only class that wins out in this regard is warrior, but even they need mana.

LionHeart
11-19-2013, 03:06 PM
A few counter pints to the ones made above:

1. The length of time between crafting/upgrading is a good thing. Individuals are use to the "immediacy" of crafting from other Legends titles and need to understand that change is good. From reading the forums, I see constantly how things should be different from the other STG games, yet the first time people have to be patient, references/comparisons begin. The option to pay plat to speed up the process exists, as does the option to wait. No one forces you to spend plat to speed up the crafting so why should "regular" plat spenders get prefferentialtreatment? Patience is a good thing.

2. The drop rate. As a non-plat, non-Leprichan (sp?) user, the drop rate seems to be about right for essences. We need to remember, the essences are only the beginning phase and not the final product. They may drop like mana, but when you can only craft 5 at a time/5 hour period (not including spending plat), then the drop rate is more than beneficial. This allows a player to farm more whle waiting. BTW, I recieved about 20-25 in a couple hours of farming: not a lot for the amount of time played.

3. There was mention above about "losing variety." Please explain to me how we lose variety with crafting? The way I see it, playershave limitless opportunities to craft the item they desire. For instance, a Mythic/Arcane weapon has three slots. This means the weapon can have added strength x3, strength x2 and dex x1, and so on. Seems to me a lot of variety is to be seen in all aspects of the game based on your playstyle. This basically has the effect of adding an additional pet, if you will.

4. Superior bonded gems. As mentioned above, there is a lot of complaining about the high drop rate of essences, however, there is also an issue with the extreme rarity of the superior bonded gems. Maybe, just maybe, this is the aspect STS wanted to have that "rarity" in. This also piggy backs on the discussion of variety. Not everyone is going to get the items he/she wants immediately. The rarity allows for... patience. In my opinion, this is an excellent update. I love the real world feel of having to wait to use the gear you craft. Pretty sure during Medevil Period, extra silver/gold didn't speed up a blacksmith's forging process. Time and patience brought about the best weaponry.

Excellent creativity, STG.

Worship
11-19-2013, 03:14 PM

Correct, that is why I said, 'not too rare', because they aren't rare at all yet they are in the Epic category. The essence should be greens and gems be purple. And also, the deva are aware that the drops are out of control, and I read that is was supposed to be like that for a test. If I can find the thread I'll post it.

Pandamoni
11-19-2013, 03:28 PM
I, for one, am excited by the variety this will bring. I'll add gems to various items as needed. For instance, if there's a ring I've wanted to use because of the str and int but haven't because of low damage I'll add the dex gems to it. I like the option to customize gear to be what I want it to be.

Kjalisi
11-19-2013, 04:37 PM
I, for one, am excited by the variety this will bring. I'll add gems to various items as needed. For instance, if there's a ring I've wanted to use because of the str and int but haven't because of low damage I'll add the dex gems to it. I like the option to customize gear to be what I want it to be.

Exactly!! A far wider variety of rings and amulets for example are looking desirable right now because I will be able to add the stat that usually I would have had to sacrifice to use that item.

In fact contrary to what has been said before I'm hoping this will definitely add some more variety in the way players are geared and specced because of this new extra way to get stats on our characters.

Energizeric
11-19-2013, 04:41 PM

I'm sure you guys already have stats on how players allocate their regular stat pool. There is no reason to believe they would allocate gems stats any differently. Let's forget novice players for a moment as take the "Top 25" leaderboard for each class. I'd be curious to know how many of those 75 players did not allocate their 210 stat points (35 levels x 6 points) 100% pure.

For myself, right now I'm temporarily in a flagging build with some STR, but would normally be full INT.

Zeus
11-19-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm sure you guys already have stats on how players allocate their regular stat pool. There is no reason to believe they would allocate gems stats any differently. Let's forget novice players for a moment as take the "Top 25" leaderboard for each class. I'd be curious to know how many of those 75 players did not allocate their 210 stat points (35 levels x 6 points) 100% pure.

For myself, right now I'm temporarily in a flagging build with some STR, but would normally be full INT.

Both iPredator and I use int in our guild. It's honestly essential.

Also, you got to remember that the more damage climbs... the more health you will need to combat it. Like Sam said... I think we should all see how it plays out.

LionHeart
11-19-2013, 04:56 PM

So, based on your argument, players only use pets which maximize their stat allocation? I for one use a variety of pets, especially those which provide extra INT/mana regen because, as a warrior, I get tired of spamming mana pots. Some characters prefer more crit, some more mana, and so on. This update allows unlimited possibilities.

SNAGARD
11-19-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm just wondering, but what would happen if you put gems on a mythic helm or body (non-upgraded), and then you upgrade it to the level 36 version? Would the gems be kept on it? If this question has been answered already, just reply.

Uzii
11-19-2013, 06:10 PM

75 is not high number enough to base your argument on. There are many players out there who will think same as Pandamoni said. I myself count to them.
Dmg is not everything. If you are dead u cant deal any. U know that thats why you are customized for pvp using more STR. So you condardict yourself.

I'm just wondering, but what would happen if you put gems on a mythic helm or body (non-upgraded), and then you upgrade it to the level 36 version? Would the gems be kept on it? If this question has been answered already, just reply.

Was answered. Your gems will be lost when u upgrade ur mythic armor.

Energizeric
11-19-2013, 07:53 PM
My point is that crafting does not provide anything we already cannot do with normal stat allocation and passives. Why the need for one more way to now add stat points. I just don't get it. If they wanted us to have access to more stat points to allocate, why not just give us a few extra points to use in our passives?

This new crafting thing just seems like a tedious way to do the same thing we were already doing. If it provided something new then that would be interesting. But it does not. Everyone can craft as the essences are common, so why not just give us some extra passives and be done with it.

The only thing this crafting adds that we didn't have before is a new way for folks to spend plat to get the same stat points that used to be free.

Again, I'll say that it would be interesting if the essences were very scarce and only some players could craft, but making them common means it's just another way to give everyone the same thing, and it's something we all had already in just another form.

As for some folks wanting some stat points to be different than others, I thought that's why we have different gear choices, regular stat allocation, and passives. Now we need a 4th way to do the same thing? It would be ok if crafting made your gear better. But if everyone does it, then nobody will be better, just another duplication of ways we already had to be different, and in my opinion completely unnecessary.

LionHeart
11-19-2013, 08:22 PM
My point is that crafting does not provide anything we already cannot do with normal stat allocation and passives. Why the need for one more way to now add stat points. I just don't get it. If they wanted us to have access to more stat points to allocate, why not just give us a few extra points to use in our passives?

This new crafting thing just seems like a tedious way to do the same thing we were already doing. If it provided something new then that would be interesting. But it does not. Everyone can craft as the essences are common, so why not just give us some extra passives and be done with it.

The only thing this crafting adds that we didn't have before is a new way for folks to spend plat to get the same stat points that used to be free.

Again, I'll say that it would be interesting if the essences were very scarce and only some players could craft, but making them common means it's just another way to give everyone the same thing, and it's something we all had already in just another form.

As for some folks wanting some stat points to be different than others, I thought that's why we have different gear choices, regular stat allocation, and passives. Now we need a 4th way to do the same thing? It would be ok if crafting made your gear better. But if everyone does it, then nobody will be better, just another duplication of ways we already had to be different, and in my opinion completely unnecessary.

Considering all of your paragraphs repeated themselves, I narrowed down your response to this: Why give crafting when we could just have extra points for passive? The answer is quite simple...

Points can only be used one time, on one toon, and to reallocate those, plat has to be used. Considering someone has all mythic/arcane gear, the ability to gain 15-30 extra skill points in a variety of different ways without spending any plat is a no-brainer. Wanna make your hooks all dex? Change gems. Want a more tanky build? Change gems. Sure, it is time consuming but it is free. You can also farm mulitples of your same gear and make different builds with your gems for quick loadoats which is not possible with adding points to passives or attributes. And it is all free. Respeccing is not.

I might also add, farming essences and converting to gems to sell in cs is a quick, easy way to make gold for those who hate farming for hours o end or don't want to take chances opening locked crates. The essences can be farmed anywhere which provides a nice break for tbose who just spent an hour fighting elite bosses.

If you don't see the point, no one is forcing you to farm essences nor craft your gear. Enjoy the game your way but understand, there is a lot of buzz in game over this update.

Energizeric
11-20-2013, 02:39 AM
I hear what you are saying, but believe me that the buzz will be very short lived, and will soon just become a tedious task that everyone must do when they get new gear. People will be as interested in farming essences as they are interested in farming deary eggs. They will be worthless.

As for not having to pay plat for a respec, they could have just had added a "free respec token" to the drop table and then people could farm those and sell or trade those. This is a complicated and tedious way to accomplish that one thing.

The only thing here I see of some interest is these "super gems" as they will be rare. So gear with super gems attached will command a nice premium. I suppose that is the only real positive here. The regular gems will become mandatory if you want to compete. I suspect many of us will just keep crafting the same gems over and over trying for that "super gem". I suspect some of those folks will spend a lot of plat doing it, which I think is the main reason this whole update was structured this way.

Instanthumor
11-20-2013, 02:59 AM
Considering all of your paragraphs repeated themselves, I narrowed down your response to this: Why give crafting when we could just have extra points for passive? The answer is quite simple...

Points can only be used one time, on one toon, and to reallocate those, plat has to be used. Considering someone has all mythic/arcane gear, the ability to gain 15-30 extra skill points in a variety of different ways without spending any plat is a no-brainer. Wanna make your hooks all dex? Change gems. Want a more tanky build? Change gems. Sure, it is time consuming but it is free. You can also farm mulitples of your same gear and make different builds with your gems for quick loadoats which is not possible with adding points to passives or attributes. And it is all free. Respeccing is not.

I might also add, farming essences and converting to gems to sell in cs is a quick, easy way to make gold for those who hate farming for hours o end or don't want to take chances opening locked crates. The essences can be farmed anywhere which provides a nice break for tbose who just spent an hour fighting elite bosses.

If you don't see the point, no one is forcing you to farm essences nor craft your gear. Enjoy the game your way but understand, there is a lot of buzz in game over this update.

I notice how you emphasize 'free', but IMHO, it takes time to farm these essences, it takes time to create gems from these essences, it takes time to socket these gems into your gear, and if desired, it takes time to try for the superior bonds. If you hadn't already known, TIME = MONEY, and a whole load of time was invested into these gems.

Instanthumor
11-20-2013, 03:02 AM

And I agree with this statement. This is very true, no offense towards anyone for anything, but IMO, this crafting was pretty unnecessary. Although I appreciate STS for all they do, I expected a wee bit more out of them for their huge anniversary. It's just me, but I'd rather play AL without this crafting update, than play AL with crafting.

VanRah
11-20-2013, 05:52 AM
I dunno the others but I personally didn't get so many essences as some in this thread stated to have.
Because of this I couldn't craft so many gems as the lucky ones did.
It's only thanks to my cousin n a guildie that I got the gems I needed to start upgrading my items.
The issue here is the way the essences drop for each class.
After the patch that "fixed" the essences drop rate lowering their drop rate even more, I guess I'll upgrade my items again only after the death of Pope...
From what I understood the essences drop after a tot of mobs killed. So if a rogue runs in a party with mages, be sure u'll see the mages getting all the essences while the rogue will get maybe one for run if lucky...
I'm not saying the mages should't get the essences or that a rogue should't run with them...I want that sts finds another way to make essences dropping...

VanRah
11-20-2013, 05:55 AM
And as I already wrote into another thread I also don't like the fact that while an item is having a gem socketed it's not available for use

LionHeart
11-20-2013, 06:55 AM
I hear what you are saying, but believe me that the buzz will be very short lived, and will soon just become a tedious task that everyone must do when they get new gear. People will be as interested in farming essences as they are interested in farming deary eggs. They will be worthless.

As for not having to pay plat for a respec, they could have just had added a "free respec token" to the drop table and then people could farm those and sell or trade those. This is a complicated and tedious way to accomplish that one thing.

The only thing here I see of some interest is these "super gems" as they will be rare. So gear with super gems attached will command a nice premium. I suppose that is the only real positive here. The regular gems will become mandatory if you want to compete. I suspect many of us will just keep crafting the same gems over and over trying for that "super gem". I suspect some of those folks will spend a lot of plat doing it, which I think is the main reason this whole update was structured this way.

Isn't farming for a respec token the same "tedious" task as farming for essences as well as farming for gear? I am not sure how people are going to loss interest as fast as you say they are. It is an element to the game which will carry on forever and will cs wiol be very interesting to see once we move to the next campaign and gear begins to be sold. So many different varieties will amount to lots of gold for people.

I notice how you emphasize 'free', but IMHO, it takes time to farm these essences, it takes time to create gems from these essences, it takes time to socket these gems into your gear, and if desired, it takes time to try for the superior bonds. If you hadn't already known, TIME = MONEY, and a whole load of time was invested into these gems.

So what you are saying is you play the game 24/7 with no breaks and do not have money for extra gear? I put my second gem into a sword last night before I went to bed and will be finished upgrading when I come home from work. I farmed last night with a purole sword and did just fine. Not sure how people continue to have such issues with this concept nor do I see how you "lose" money. This game is all a gamble and you are not guaranteed to sell items in cs nor get drops when farming. Based on your theory, the whole game is a waste because it takes a lot of time to make money. Extremely longer than PL.

And I agree with this statement. This is very true, no offense towards anyone for anything, but IMO, this crafting was pretty unnecessary. Although I appreciate STS for all they do, I expected a wee bit more out of them for their huge anniversary. It's just me, but I'd rather play AL without this crafting update, than play AL with crafting.

And as said in other threads, the update isn't completely finished yet. They have already tweaked it once and probably will again. If you don't like the update, then sell your gems and enjoy the extra easy money each day.

0utlawz
11-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Anyone experienced upgrade timer stop/frozen? Then you need to use plat to complete the upgrade :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Samhayne
11-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Hey guys,

We appreciate the discussion, but want to point out the Forum Rules at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

Please Respect Others.
The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.

Thanks for keeping it friendly and respectful.

On the topic of the item being unavailable while it is being upgraded, this is by design. Our plan was that most users (indeed what most are doing) is to start an upgrade when they log off, go to bed, go to work, etc. Other items are available as a temporary replacement while the item is being upgraded, or if you really want the convenience of having the upgrade done now, you can pay through the timer with Platinum.

We know that this is a new concept for Arcane Legends, but it isn't really that new of an idea for Free-to-Play games. We appreciate your feedback about it. We are watching closely how players are using the system and would like some time to evaluate before leaping to changes to the system. Thanks very much for your understanding.

Carapace
11-20-2013, 07:00 PM

All valid points. The big thing about the upgrade and crafting system is beyond what you currently see. This is the starting point, where we go from here obviously is unknown and incredibly fascinating. Mixed stats, Snare effects, visual effects... there are a large number of ideas already mentioned on the forums and floating around the office.

I can appreciate your concerns in the simplicity of the system at its current level, however it's really the potential for what it holds for the future that excites us on the development end. :)

Alfai
11-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Nice update sam and team.

Question:we all are aware of class balance issue previously.

Thus how do we expect a class balance with this upgrade,with supergems (more than 1) as the influencing factor?

If my maths is correct theres huge gap that certainly makes a class too op.apologies if im wrong.im not asking anybody to he nerfed or buffed simply a plain and honest question to understand tye methodology behind this that has been planned.cheers.

*still figuring out ways to kill a tank of 9k hp and mage with 600dmg.i heard rogues are being pawned easily with 2steps.thats assuming the rogue wud go for max dmg (400plus if im not wrong with fire gems).and adding gems combo in other gears wont make a significant difference especially if its not super (a +3)

*still digesting the above comments.if this question has been answered apologies in advance

Excuses
11-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Maybe I should leave this here...

I understand you guys have bigger picture for this upgrade system, but real problem is that we can't use our items while they are upgraded.
As you said, if you want us to 'chase super gem', you should let us use the item.
I don't know about some people out there, but I don't play this game to merch or farm or make best gears, however, I merch and farm and try to get my best gears to PLAY WITH THEM.

If you let people re-slotting gems while they play with them, most people will use more gem.
I understand you want us to use plats to save time, but you take not only our items but FUN.
Some people still would use plats to save time, some would not. But it seems unfair this way becasue we can't play game without spending plats and upgrade at the same time but forcing people to spend massive plats for this another gambling.

Someone said it's free?
Yes everything is free, but you can't play game. Right? ;)

Energizeric
11-21-2013, 04:58 PM
All valid points. The big thing about the upgrade and crafting system is beyond what you currently see. This is the starting point, where we go from here obviously is unknown and incredibly fascinating. Mixed stats, Snare effects, visual effects... there are a large number of ideas already mentioned on the forums and floating around the office.

I can appreciate your concerns in the simplicity of the system at its current level, however it's really the potential for what it holds for the future that excites us on the development end. :)

All good points!

I'll just add to my previous comments this: now that I've had a chance to play a couple of days since you guys nerfed the huge drop rates on the essences, I like it quite a bit more. Now it actually seems like a challenge to get essences and build gems, and I believe gems will be worth something decent, while gear with a super gem will be worth a considerable amount.

As long as the essences say somewhat scarce, then it will indeed be something interesting. After the initial rollout, I was just afraid that after a couple of weeks every pro player would have 3 super gems on every piece of mythic/arcane gear, and then it would just become rather boring. But now it's looking like this is indeed NOT going to happen, and I applaud you guys for making this adjustment.

Even though it may seem unpopular with the masses, like many things in life the masses do not always know what they really want. Like the saying goes, "be careful what you wish for as you might get it!" We saw that happen a few months back when people asked for cheaper pinks and they got crate pinks. Somehow it did not make them all happy as they expected it would.

People might complain at times that the game is "too hard". But I doubt those people will quit, they will just keep trying harder. On the other hand, people will rarely complain that the game is "too easy". Instead they will just lose interest and quit.

eugene9707
11-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Maybe I should leave this here...

I understand you guys have bigger picture for this upgrade system, but real problem is that we can't use our items while they are upgraded.
As you said, if you want us to 'chase super gem', you should let us use the item.
I don't know about some people out there, but I don't play this game to merch or farm or make best gears, however, I merch and farm and try to get my best gears to PLAY WITH THEM.

If you let people re-slotting gems while they play with them, most people will use more gem.
I understand you want us to use plats to save time, but you take not only our items but FUN.
Some people still would use plats to save time, some would not. But it seems unfair this way becasue we can't play game without spending plats and upgrade at the same time but forcing people to spend massive plats for this another gambling.

Someone said it's free?
Yes everything is free, but you can't play game. Right? ;)

Hmmm ... you "can't play" because you cant use the best item .... i wonder how us poor people without mythic survive ?

Alhuntrazeck
11-24-2013, 09:43 AM
I like the adaptability. I can now make my Str/int ring more Int oriented while not sacrificing a bit of the STR. Nice update!

Foebegone
11-26-2013, 02:28 PM
One quick thing, can you -1h off the 12h, 1day and 2day timers. This would mean I can repeat a task every morning before work etc without it slipping.

Ravager
11-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Can you make it so that we can see which gem is currently being added as an upgrade? Sometimes I have a blood version of items and some I have fire versions and I'm not sure what I'm adding to it.

Nesox
12-05-2013, 03:35 AM
While I loved the idea of crafting adding some variation I think that Energizeric has pretty much hit the nail on the head so far. I am a full Int build mage and added full int upgrades. If adding anything else were worth it I would have done so with my primary stats. All crafting has done so far is prematurely added the stats distribution exactly as I would have mapped them in the next level or two. Yes there are many people with non pure builds, however; those people who add points to secondary stats will do so at pretty much the same rate. IE. a mage who has a 10:1 INT:STR build for a little extra hp is not suddenly going to add straight STR or DEX when socketing gems. They are going to add a couple Blood gems but mostly Glacial.

1.) I think the biggest limiting factor so far is creativity. Gems that are based on stats do not add ANY diversity to builds (see above). Gems and upgrades can't be based on base stats, crit, or dodge, but need other bonuses. For example: small passive mana or health regen, 0.x% stun chance on normal attack, or % stun immunity or duration reduction, small % lifesteal on hits, armour bonus, extend weapon range .5m, small permanent aggro attract or reject, regular attack has small chance to hit second target. I am sure the communitly could come up with dozens of suggestions that would all be small enough to not create OP elements in PvP, but still function to complement specific play styles, just as pet selecion does.

2.) Exceptional Gems are driving me nuts. Please fix gem quality at time of craft rather than on upgrade. Might as well make +3, +4, +5, +6 variants rather than just +3, +6 as this difference makes for rather large differences based on dumb luck rather than hard work. I would rather spend 100k on a single rare exceptional gem then spend 100k on 30 separate gems and weeks of downtime.

3.) Please make gems removable and reusable. I was initially against this as I could see the point that permanent gems play in the bottom line for STS, however; after looking at items for sale I am now frustrated. When I was in the market for a specific rare item I would spend days, sometimes many, searching the forum and soliciting in town to find both availability and pricepoint. NOW, I have to factor in what is socketed. IE. My mythic staff was rare when I bought it but the same staff with just the right upgrades for my build is far more rare. We are forced to spend longer searching for purchaces or pay inflated prices for upgrades we are just going to resocket anyway.

4.) To add a small penalty to this, to prevent abuse, you could slightly downgrade the gem on romoval. Make gems harder to craft. Ex: 10 essences make a +3 gem, craft in another 15 and you end up with a +4, add 20 more essences to create a +5, etc. Add in a similar time delay as you have socketing multiple gems so that it takes a good week or better of farming and crafting to fully craft an exceptional gem. This would make exceptional gems exclusive and rare but attainable for those willing to put in the work. This would work also for other bonuses. Bonuses would have to be small enough that if a player wanted to socket all gems the same that it wouldnt get out of hand (IE. 15 x 1% damage or 15 x 1% stun). On removal the gem would be downgraded two steps and owner forced to recraft.

zwapper
12-12-2013, 03:38 AM
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. ”
- Stephen Hawking

just enjoy the game and adapt on changes happened on AL, we're not in a perfect world you cannot have everything that you want. Patience and perseverance is needed even on this game. so instead of whining try to find a way to enjoy this game!!!

SUGGESTION: maybe, much better if you put some particle effect or aura on those items (when wearing that gear) with full exceptional upgrades and also when wearing complete gear with all exceptional upgrades.

Lovefoxz
01-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Pls make more Lvl cap and maps. Oh yeah and a new character too. Pls....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

rustygun
01-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Nxt character if considered should be an animal A lion with deadly claws and roar that make the ground tremble

Sent from my Huawei Y301A2 using Tapatalk

rustygun
01-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Ability to hold boss like in the wild..lol

rustygun
01-12-2014, 12:34 PM
And we need to lvl pets faster..

Allocate
01-19-2014, 02:30 AM
Probably one of the worst 'upgrade' systems I have seen.

I understand that making a gem takes time but socketing one too? So annoying, lots of waiting. You really think people will spend plat to speed it up? No, they won't. First it's dumb; it doesn't make sense and second, its too much plat. While you try extend the process and annoy the customers, they'd rather wait.

What you should have done to make extra money is provide luck elixirs that increase the chances of a Grand gem. It should ask before finalizing the socketing or replacement.

Capolista
01-22-2014, 09:34 PM
Just want to share an idea ...

I think STS admin should give benefit to players who have done multiple upgrading attempts

For example : if one equipment reaches 20-25 upgrade process, it should have super gem automatically

Well, i think its fair enough considering time consuming (25 x 12 hours) and cost of gems needed (tarlok gem 25 x 20k = 500k gold)

I am really hoping feedback from game admin & other players about this idea

Just a little opinion from non platinum users ;)

Madnex
01-23-2014, 07:46 AM
Well it wouldn't hurt to know that at some point you're going to get your goal. Might inspire a lot more people to start trying instead of simply selling off their gems.

+1 Approved!

X29798
01-26-2014, 07:39 AM
SUGGESTION. Pause, use then resume upgrading.
Perhaps you can stop the the time and use your gear. Then when you are done. Continue the upgrade and start the time from where you left off.

1) Inventory space is too small can you please make it 35. Waiting ten days to have a good sized inventory hurts a players morale, when they have to clear and manage it 30 or more times a day.

2)I want to use my best gear every day without the feeling of wasting my potions and time on this game because of my second rate gear. Your best gear is required for elites and expansion maps.

3)Essence fills up 2/3 or more of your inventory space. You can be stuck in town when you can't get a complete recipe, but have a lot of different essences.

Nesox
02-01-2014, 09:43 PM
SUGGESTION. Pause, use then resume upgrading.
Perhaps you can stop the the time and use your gear. Then when you are done. Continue the upgrade and start the time from where you left off.

1) Inventory space is too small can you please make it 35. Waiting ten days to have a good sized inventory hurts a players morale, when they have to clear and manage it 30 or more times a day.

2)I want to use my best gear every day without the feeling of wasting my potions and time on this game because of my second rate gear. Your best gear is required for elites and expansion maps.

3)Essence fills up 2/3 or more of your inventory space. You can be stuck in town when you can't get a complete recipe, but have a lot of different essences.

Not going to happen. The system is set up as it is in order to aggravate your impatience to the point that you are willing to spend plat to get your gear back. Your suggestion would defeat the purpose from dev's standpoint.

phillyr
02-02-2014, 06:45 PM
I for one have spent a lot less time playing since tgis has started

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk