PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Official Feedback Thread

Samhayne
11-18-2013, 05:33 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44921&d=1383084276

Please use this thread to post your feedback about the Crafting System that was added in Arcane Legends version 1.0.9. For more information about Crafting, please see this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?124229-Crafting-amp-Upgrade-System-Now-Live-in-Arcane-Legends!

Urm
11-18-2013, 05:43 PM
nice

Nesox
11-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Would it be possible to modify item icons to place crafting slots horizontally? The slots increase the size of the item so that you see fewer at once in inventory.

Gorecaster
11-18-2013, 05:59 PM
So I guess we all need to buy extra inv slots to carry around all these essences huh? pfff

Samhayne
11-18-2013, 07:06 PM
So I guess we all need to buy extra inv slots to carry around all these essences huh? pfff

Inventory space is always nice to have. If you want more, you can get more right away by buying them with Platinum, or you can get them through gameplay via Story Tokens. Check out what you can get with Story Tokens after last week's Bard Revamp: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?123981-Bard-Revamp!-Log-in-Daily-for-Character-Slots-Inventory-and-More-with-Bard-Quests!

Worship
11-18-2013, 07:11 PM
I like it a lot. This is my feedback for the entire update,
Why I like it:
-Not too rare of essence drops
-Won't make PvP lean towards one class/weapon anymore
-Sub-classes (tanks, support, dps based) can be even more effective with stat boosting gems.

Thanks for the update STS!
Satisfaction rating from me: 10/10

EDIT: Didn't realize there were 2 separate threads.. I'll repost this to both since this is my feedback for the whole update.

Gorecaster
11-18-2013, 07:16 PM
When can we expect the next plat sale? I'm willing to buy, but the reg prices are quite steep. Also, might be a noob question but does the crafting and socketing clock countdown while offline? I don't remember seeing anything mentioned about that.

Pandamoni
11-18-2013, 07:23 PM
This is just a whiny baby kind of suggestion but my fingers are used to clicking social where the crafting tab is now. I keep hitting crafting when I want to hit social. I wish the tabs could be flip flopped. I'll have real feedback on the actual act of crafting eventually. Thanks!

Nesox
11-18-2013, 11:23 PM
This is just a whiny baby kind of suggestion but my fingers are used to clicking social where the crafting tab is now. I keep hitting crafting when I want to hit social. I wish the tabs could be flip flopped. I'll have real feedback on the actual act of crafting eventually. Thanks!

I was just about to ad this comment as well. Please switch the Crafting and Social buttons. Thanks.

Energizeric
11-18-2013, 11:24 PM
Sam: I think the 10 plat price to buy enough essences to craft a gem is way too low. I also think the drop rate of essences is too high.

At this rate all players will have upgraded all of their gear in no time, and then instead of crafting being an interesting aspect of the game, it becomes a annoying task that must be done every time you get new gear. Soon crafted items will hold barely any premium over non-crafted.

Once you reach a point where there are more crafted items out there than non-crafted, then it goes from being interesting to being a chore. The crafting system in PL was good because there was not enough crafting items to go around, so only a small percentage of the items could ever be crafted. In order to make crafting a fun part of AL, the same must hold true.

Spyce
11-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Pros:

Everything!

Cons:

Takes up WAY to much inventory space.

tikitunk
11-19-2013, 01:47 AM
cons: takes too much time putting the gems in items specially the third slot

how about non plat users... they will wait for about 3 days to finish their set.. how about getting superb out of it... i think they can gather full superb gem sets in... 2 months i think

Soundlesskill
11-19-2013, 01:54 AM
Requesting a decrease of Crates spawn..

Also, I really like it :)

.. It's gonna take some getting used to with the new way of inventory.. I've missed lepre changing a lot lol

Milan Lame Man
11-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Inventory space is always nice to have.

Sure... but it ends up as I thought. You force people to stop playing. Once you break that habit, many will not come back. This is how I came to AL in the first place - my previous game forced me to stop playing.
I really really recommend that essences take no inventory space, and that items can be used while being upgraded.

At least I'm gonna get some sleep this week.

Lovingly
11-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Inventory space is always nice to have. If you want more, you can get more right away by buying them with Platinum, or you can get them through gameplay via Story Tokens. Check out what you can get with Story Tokens after last week's Bard Revamp: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?123981-Bard-Revamp!-Log-in-Daily-for-Character-Slots-Inventory-and-More-with-Bard-Quests!
here're just my bit sam,
I honestly don't think 500 inv slot is enough for all these essences considering it drops like mad.. and it isn't just essences, crates and everything els too, I'm sure you've heard enough about this, so I'm sorry to bring it up again! please maybe die down the loot just alittle.. it hurts seeing crates drop by half the price.. but great update overall!

Hectororius
11-19-2013, 09:22 AM
All things being equal, Either the minimum inventory cap needs to be raised to 50 or essences should not count towards inventory slots. Gems, Definitely, but not essences. You're already seeing people having to make the decision to either delete valuable items, or delete the essences they've acquired just to be able to run the next map.

For example, you're unlucky enough that you got 9 of each essence. That's 27 of the possible 25 slots you have. throw in the odd crate or special item you just looted, and you're SOL.

Little things like these make it really hard to enjoy the game for a beginner player, and waiting 10 days to do 10 quests to get free inventory slots shouldn't be the way to play the game. Going in to your inventory screen every few minutes to make tough decisions detracts from gameplay, and at the end of the day, thats why i'm here, not to manage inventory, but to play a game smoothly and for lots of fun with my friends.

Also, as much I love the ridiculous drop rates on all items, It's definitely way too high. I appreciate that you probably cranked it up a notch so that people get get their gems a little faster, but it has really affected all other aspects of the game as well.

Otherwise, its nice to see people playing cooperatively in PUGs (for the most part).

Int
11-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Anyone noticed locked crate is common now and so much items are dropping?

CrushOverride
11-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Essences NEED TO BE BANKABLE! They use up WAY to much bag space!

CrazyTank
11-19-2013, 10:21 AM
It will be good if we have a separate satchel for essences. Inventory is full in no time due to high level of the drops

Kjalisi
11-19-2013, 10:26 AM
I really like the system and the basic function of essence and gems.... great job and a nice new dimension to the game! 3 days of not playing per item or non plat upgrades shocked me at first but I realised that since I have two toons, I can play the other one while items are upgrading so this won't be a major issue for me.

I just have two issues really with the system:

1) It is encouraging me to spend all my time at Jarl. I have tried farming in other normal maps like Nordr and Shuyal, and even a couple of elites, to try to add some variety to what is a very long and tedious task, but the drop rate just isn't the same. I giggle to myself while farming at Jarl and constantly finding myself in the map with maxed out players, and there we all are just spending our day killing one of the very first and easiest bosses in the game. Perhaps I'd better get to work on my "Retire Jarl" campaign placard ^_^

2) I'm totally inundated with junk flying at me from every single mob I kill or barrel I (begrudgingly XD) smash. I have 125 inventory slots on 2 characters which, if it wasn't for the extremely increased drop rate should be more than enough to manage the farming and storing of gems and essences. It's getting frustrating having to constantly clear out 30 items from inventory between every other map that I run.

Other than these two thing everything is great :)

KJ

Gorecaster
11-19-2013, 10:34 AM
I'll have to agree that while the update is quite interesting and fun, it has added a few stressful aspects to the game on which everyone has touched upon. There is far too much trash loot flying around and I really don't understand why. The game really has turned into some sort of an inventory management simulation. Very distracting and I've seen a few of my guildmates having real issues, and these are smart players that know what to do, thats the thing, theres nothing you can do...but wait. We wanna play.

Uzii
11-19-2013, 02:25 PM

Haha!

Same :D

Uzii
11-19-2013, 02:31 PM
1) It is encouraging me to spend all my time at Jarl. I have tried farming in other normal maps like Nordr and Shuyal, and even a couple of elites, to try to add some variety to what is a very long and tedious task, but the drop rate just isn't the same. I giggle to myself while farming at Jarl and constantly finding myself in the map with maxed out players, and there we all are just spending our day killing one of the very first and easiest bosses in the game. Perhaps I'd better get to work on my "Retire Jarl" campaign placard ^_^

I have opposite experience. The few essences i got i got from Shuyal, especially Blood. Brackenridge wasnt really good farming place for me.

I dont get much essences though, maybe bc i dont wear lepre...who knows...

Ninthplague
11-19-2013, 06:32 PM
I thought essence wont add to your inventory slots.

Samhayne
11-19-2013, 06:34 PM
I'll have to agree that while the update is quite interesting and fun, it has added a few stressful aspects to the game on which everyone has touched upon. There is far too much trash loot flying around and I really don't understand why. The game really has turned into some sort of an inventory management simulation. Very distracting and I've seen a few of my guildmates having real issues, and these are smart players that know what to do, thats the thing, theres nothing you can do...but wait. We wanna play.

The abundance of "trash" loot (white, green, blue) has been corrected. This should help a lot with the inventory management issue.

aarrgggggg
11-19-2013, 06:43 PM
So my feedback STS is thank you for this update :) amazing addition to AL.Also thank you for fixing the crazy drop rate of all items that was insane i actually played without a pet during that one day as to avoid clearing my inventory after every map and was avoiding loot for the first time ever. Now i do not know anything about the mechanics of coding and how hard it is to change and tweak things but something i have noticed and would like 2 see tweaked is the drop rate of essences. I thought the drop rate of essences was perfect with the initial release of crafting (as do all of my guildmates i have talked to about it). But now after this most recent update, fixing the abundant minion drops of everything. We have noticed that the drop rate of essence is roughly half of what it was before. When factoring in the time to craft these essences it was spot on as far as the amount of essences being dropped. I would like to see the drop rate of these essences go back to where they were with the initial release of crafting. Thank you again STS devs for keeping this game interesting for such a long time.

Samhayne
11-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Aaarrgg, we're watching essence drop rate and the value of gems closely over the coming days and weeks. We will be tuning accordingly.

If essences are overly abundant, then Gems will have little, to no value. If they drop to infrequently, then users will feel less likely to use the system or to bother with re-slotting and chasing Super Gems.

We want it to be fun and balanced. We want to get it right, but that will take some time to shake out. We appreciate your feedback and ask that you give it some time also. Thanks very much!

Energizeric
11-20-2013, 02:58 AM
Aaarrgg, we're watching essence drop rate and the value of gems closely over the coming days and weeks. We will be tuning accordingly.

If essences are overly abundant, then Gems will have little, to no value. If they drop to infrequently, then users will feel less likely to use the system or to bother with re-slotting and chasing Super Gems.

We want it to be fun and balanced. We want to get it right, but that will take some time to shake out. We appreciate your feedback and ask that you give it some time also. Thanks very much!

Glad you guys are watching for this Sam. Sorry, my last couple of posts over in the other thread were posted before I read your post. :)

keikali
11-20-2013, 12:52 PM

Good post Sam. Quick question though, are the drops anyhow based on mob level? Like say a regular normal mob in Shuyal compared to a mob in Brack. Do they both yield the same drop rates or is it much higher on difficulty.

Energizeric
11-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Good post Sam. Quick question though, are the drops anyhow based on mob level? Like say a regular normal mob in Shuyal compared to a mob in Brack. Do they both yield the same drop rates or is it much higher on difficulty.

I would like to know this as well.

Ventus
11-20-2013, 04:06 PM
The rate should be increased a tiny bit as soon as possible tbh. I farmed with my friend for an hour just now. Running undim and wt4 with a reroll+a lep on. Know how many essences i got? 4 total. friend got 3. Thats not even right. Obviously you guys don't want the drop rate super high because "the gems will no longer hold value" Which is false. It still takes time to craft the gem. plus people will continue to buy them due to reslotting for the super gem. Thus the price will go up. Increase the drop rate but not to what it was 2 days ago. And do Not increase elite drop rate to prevent archon apocalypse.

If i honestly have to farm for a day just to craft one gem (Might not even be the one i need.) and then wait 12-24-48 hrs to slot it or pay 100 plat? I think im going to be taking a vacation from arcane legends then. Because thats just depressing.

As it stands in my opinion i have better chances of looting a elite gold puzzlebox without a reroll then i do getting essences. lol

Energizeric
11-20-2013, 05:09 PM
If i honestly have to farm for a day just to craft one gem (Might not even be the one i need.) and then wait 12-24-48 hrs to slot it or pay 100 plat? I think im going to be taking a vacation from arcane legends then. Because thats just depressing.

As it stands in my opinion i have better chances of looting a elite gold puzzlebox without a reroll then i do getting essences. lol

Good, that means crafting will be rare and thus gems and crafted items will be worth a nice premium. Also, if it is rare and expensive then most players will not craft, so you won't be left out if you decided not to craft.

Guys, crafting should be something that's difficult and time consuming, not something that is easy and cheap. If everyone does it then there is no point.

Excuses
11-20-2013, 07:33 PM

What really bother it is that we can't use our items for the period of time while it is upgraded.
Drop% and rare chance of super gem make sense.
But replacing gems takes SO long, so you made us not play the game. -_-
I understand that you want us to spend plats. But this game is losing it's real point which is 'fun to play'.

yang90
11-23-2013, 11:23 AM
2 days or 96 platinum for the last upgrade.... o`cmon why? many player can pay that and many player really wants his upgrade sooner

VanRah
11-24-2013, 04:34 AM
Look at the prices of the items... all rised.
Now explain me how a non plat user can buy a good item.
The moobs are harder/our stats have been nerfed n if the actual currency are the gems then I don't see how a non plat user can be able to upgrade his gear as he has to sell all the gems he gets to collect some money.
Farming could be an option yes but how to do it with the difficulty increased n the low drop rate of pinks. Many would be discouraged n quit it.
I'm not saying running elite should be easier. I think the game needs a way to make people gain money enough to buy at least the best pinks.
Mythic seems out of reach for a non plat user, especially now that the prices rised so much with the upgrading system.
To don't talk about the arcane pets which practically doubled in price, I think thanks to all the merchants monopolizing the market.
I don't like how all became so expensive n this created a chain reaction cause now I also have to increase the prices of the items I sell to collect money.

Foebegone
11-26-2013, 03:59 AM
I like the crafting, it shows potential. I would like the essence to stack in 10 = 1 inventory slot. I would also like the ability to craft 10+ gems into a super gem, this would keep the gem price up.

I presume this will be extended to other bits like 10 glac + 10 blood = +Damage gem? that would be nice.

VanRah
11-26-2013, 07:12 AM
I like the crafting, it shows potential. I would like the essence to stack in 10 = 1 inventory slot. I would also like the ability to craft 10+ gems into a super gem, this would keep the gem price up.

I presume this will be extended to other bits like 10 glac + 10 blood = +Damage gem? that would be nice.

+1 to the idea of crafting the normal gems into a super gem.

Jabu
11-26-2013, 10:33 AM

Love the idea of crafting gems to supers. My only beef so far with socketing is the time requirements. Would be nice if those times got shaved down a little.

Rare
11-26-2013, 10:58 AM
If everyone does it then there is no point.

Sure, from a PVP perspective. Not from a PVE perspective.

Theillist1
11-28-2013, 11:05 AM
What is the % rate of getting an exceptional socket? I got my first one exceptional 8 hours after release... but none now!
I dont use plat to upgrade but i have atleast 3 pieces of the same gear working at all times on several diffrent toons of mine! NOT a single exceptional since... maybe my POV is scewed but 90+ re-re-re tries is getting a little discouraging! I love that it is rare! I dont want u to change it i just want to know my question I asked in my first sentance!

Ravager
11-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Can you add the option to cancel a craft just like we have the option to cancel an upgrade?

VanRah
11-29-2013, 06:56 AM
Can you add the option to cancel a craft just like we have the option to cancel an upgrade?

How can u undo an upgrade???

I only saw u can replace a gem with another, not that u can remove the gems definitely to start all from zero.

Ravager
11-30-2013, 02:08 AM

How can u undo an upgrade???

I only saw u can replace a gem with another, not that u can remove the gems definitely to start all from zero.

Haha I meant when the timer shows lets say 11 hours, I change my mind and cancel the upgrade process. For crafting, I cant cancel the craft process. I only have 5 craft/upgrade slots. Sometimes Ill be crafting 5 gems. I change my mind and want to cancel a craft so I can upgrade something but im forced to use platinum to finish the craft if I want to free up the slot.

VanRah
11-30-2013, 04:23 AM
Aaah ok.
I'd like to have also the option to undo all.
For example if someone upgraded an old discontinued item, as a collector u'd like clean stuff for ur collection...so why not adding the option to clean an equip of gems?

Theillist1
12-02-2013, 10:04 PM
So what happened STS!?! In the crafting forum it states lvl 10 was the base for all crafting stats! Explain to me why lvl 9 gets the same benifit!?! And why lvl 8 doesnt, or 7 or 6 or any other lower lvl for that matter!! This aggrivates me sooo much! Itz just not fair at ALLL! I wind up i a lot of 9 matches and now there is absolutly NO chance to kill a semi geared 9 or 10 with full sockets! Its like your asking me to exploit the game because you have just done it to me! Its like your forcing me to go to lvl 10! Id rather QUIT or CHEAT before I ever go 10!

Tobuscus
12-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Anyone else spent a lot of gems trying to get +4 on an item but keep failing? I have spent over 20 gems for one thing to get +4...I still don't have +4 haha. I wish +4 is more common.

Zeus
12-07-2013, 09:07 PM
So what happened STS!?! In the crafting forum it states lvl 10 was the base for all crafting stats! Explain to me why lvl 9 gets the same benifit!?! And why lvl 8 doesnt, or 7 or 6 or any other lower lvl for that matter!! This aggrivates me sooo much! Itz just not fair at ALLL! I wind up i a lot of 9 matches and now there is absolutly NO chance to kill a semi geared 9 or 10 with full sockets! Its like your asking me to exploit the game because you have just done it to me! Its like your forcing me to go to lvl 10! Id rather QUIT or CHEAT before I ever go 10!

Thankfully the low level player base is quite small. :)

CrushOverride
12-12-2013, 08:01 PM
So is there a trick to this? I am approaching 1 +6 upgrade in 150 gems. I thought it was supposed to be set up as to not discourage people from trying to upgrade. At 150 gems I'm done. This is just ridiculous.

Amythys
12-13-2013, 02:13 PM
I gave up trying for exceptional gems. Not sure how many gems I have socketed, but I have never gotten an exceptional.

VanRah
12-14-2013, 03:28 AM
I gave up trying for exceptional gems. Not sure how many gems I have socketed, but I have never gotten an exceptional.

Same for me...

Rare
12-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Not sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but you only have to buy a recipe once. NOT for each craft. STS, you guys should let people know this somehow. I'm sure you're going to get a flood of tickets

CrushOverride
12-16-2013, 09:23 AM
And apparently the devs don't read this thread. Or care not about trying to fix this issue.

Gorecaster
12-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Very disappointed in the way the recipes are worded in the Frost Hope store. It reads as though you need 1 recipe to craft 3 silvers to 1 gold. Seeing how I have a plethora of silver chests I wanted to craft a number of golds, so I figured I would start w 2 to leave some room in my crafting slots for other stuff like gem crafting or upgrading an item. Apparently the recipes last until the end of the event, now I wasted 200 coins. Sure some will say I should have checked here, well why not simply state in the item description in game that u only need 1 recipe, or even a simple prompt if one tries to buy another, like when you try to crack an egg you already have? Seems misleading and it kinda made me rage last night. Lots of wasted time and effort on those coins now and I was already getting tired of this event. Now I think its time to just finish dailies and forget rift hunts.

CrushOverride
12-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Or maybe the boost in plat sales they received while burning people with the insane amount of plat it cost to hurry each gem and socket is paying there Xmas bonus so they don't care to address the issue until after Xmas.

Vystirch
01-07-2014, 01:43 AM
So glad you added the crafting feature, now it's time for pet accessories ;)

-Vys
Whisperer to the Ents
Proud GM of AF

VanRah
01-07-2014, 04:49 AM
So glad you added the crafting feature, now it's time for pet accessories ;)

What about armors for the pets? Lol

X29798
01-26-2014, 07:50 AM
I would not spend any plat on crafting. I don't think it is worth the plat to speed up the process or get essence when you can easily farm.

Madnex
01-26-2014, 09:28 AM
I would not spend any plat on crafting. I don't think it is worth the plat to speed up the process or get essence when you can easily farm.
Precisely why the double supergem weekends were invented.

Vikkadin
02-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Grand gems could possibly be created during the actual crafting of the gems itself, thus making it tradeable. This gives every player the ability to make gold/ get stronger equipment without having to wait 12 hours for there gear to be upgraded.

vfreakhun
02-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Hello all,
New recipe suggestions:
- Banner creation recipe. From whatever, but I would like to create a Hungarian banner (tricolor same as Italian but stipes are 90 degree rotated).
- Even more strong gems from 15 essences. Glacial, Fire and Blood gems became no value (1k-3k).
- New mixed gems like Tarlok gems but a type which cap level users would like (not lik Tarlok 2+1/4+2 instead of 3/6).
- Recipes for better armor from another armors. Maybe with many possibility. I mean craft 10 different legendary to a sub-mythic one...
- Same for better weapon.
- Let's cross same type of pet (I mean 2 wolf eggs, etc).

What if the recipes are tradeable?
OK I have to admit that I am a chemical engineer and i LOVE recipes... :-)))