PDA

View Full Version : Please allow us to use our stuff while RE-Gemming.

Azepeiete
11-19-2013, 11:59 AM
You'll still get the plat spent because some people will want it over with. I understand the original socketing to take time where you can't use it, but please don't make us find other crud to use for 12 hours.

Think of it like this, i spend more than 1 plat for a half hour while farming. If I'm not farming, I won't be spending that plat. I won't be farming without my stuff. This way, sts earns their plat, we get our stuff.

Open to any constructive criticisms and ideas.

Let me repeat myself, I am talking about RESOCKETING ONLY. NOT THE INITIAL UPGRADE. It's 12 hours to resocket. 24 plat to skip through it. I can use 24 plat quick as anything farming. Most big plat spenders that drop 24 plat like that, also buy 35 plat combo elixirs, along with the 4 plat regular elixirs, and 1 plat revives. It would be a decent business move as well as a player one.

The people that resocket before they go to sleep will still go to sleep, so they aren't relevant.

Avshow
11-19-2013, 12:14 PM
upgrade can be cancelled.............

stackz
11-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Seriously? Just grab some cheap gear while you wait and farm more gems. Oh i know...why not start the socket process before you go to bed....

falmear
11-19-2013, 12:28 PM
They are hoping you'll not want to wait and spend plat to finish. I think the 2nd and 3rd upgrades are the worst. 24 and 48 hours which cost 48 and 96 plat respectively. If they let you use your item then they wouldn't earn any plat. And I guess the high cost will deter some people which will slow down manufacturing of upgraded items. So I am not sure what the middle ground is. Wait or pay plat to finish it right away. Also the price goes down so if you wait 8-10 hours you can finish it with less plat. So while I don't like the idea of not using my stuff, seems like a fair system.

Prahasit Prahi
11-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Best thing is while u goto bed keep the upgrade and sleep well...:):)

While in the case of 12 n24hrs jus play on ur alt toons....:):)

All is well

Avshow
11-19-2013, 12:35 PM
48 hours tooooo long...make second 12 hour, 3rd 24 hour

Azepeiete
11-19-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm not even talking about upgrades. Which I made very clear. I'm talking about resocketing for a chance at super gems. These take 12 hours a piece and don't allow you to use your items. Depending on the amount of time you use them, you would spend a lot more farming than you would upgrading. I can spend 24 plat in two hours of farming, maybe even less.

Ventus
11-19-2013, 12:49 PM
You shouldnt be unable to use your gear regardless. Should still be able to wear your items while they are in the upgrade process imo. 48 hours for the third slot on mythic or paying 100 plat a mythic roughly isnt right. id rather not take like 5 days off farming. honestly i have almost 20 gems saved including a couple superior ones. but i refuse to gem my mythics because im not waiting 3 days. They should not have rushed this update and listened to our feedback/ideas before releasing it.

csyui
11-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Buy two daggers, problem solved :bee:

wvhills
11-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Just don't play. I don't mean this in a mean way. Sts pays great attention to the amount of time we spend in game. Log out when ur stuff is being worked on. They will take notice and change things then.

keikali
11-19-2013, 01:07 PM
I just grabbed a pink while upgrading my staff. I suggest you do the same and go farm for more essences in the meantime.

afrobug
11-19-2013, 01:18 PM
I suggest let players use an item which is being upgraded but don't let the gems' effect gets utilized yet until 24 or 48 hours for the process to reach completion. Sounds fair IMO.

Zeus
11-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Just don't play. I don't mean this in a mean way. Sts pays great attention to the amount of time we spend in game. Log out when ur stuff is being worked on. They will take notice and change things then.

This.

The way it is set up right now, they're pretty much giving you an ultimatum: either buy some crappy gear to use/don't play for 3 days or spend 160 platinum for each item to upgrade (which has a super low chance at a superior gem).

octavos
11-19-2013, 01:21 PM
just don't play. I don't mean this in a mean way. Sts pays great attention to the amount of time we spend in game. Log out when ur stuff is being worked on. They will take notice and change things then.

agreed, just as a side note...gems should stack and not use inventory slots..(max 3) since its bound onto the character.

Uzii
11-19-2013, 02:01 PM
I think just to lower the time in 2nd and 3rd upgrade step. So players can plan ahead, put them to upgrade while they r going to sleep, or r in work, school, and when they come back see the stuff is ready and they can play.

max 16 hours i would say

keikali
11-19-2013, 02:18 PM
I think just to lower the time in 2nd and 3rd upgrade step. So players can plan ahead, put them to upgrade while they r going to sleep, or r in work, school, and when they come back see the stuff is ready and they can play.

max 16 hours i would say

Or like Zeus suggested in the suggestion thread, have the option to upgrade ALL 3 gem slots at once meaning they will all finish slotting all at the same time. And of course reduce the time for it.

Azepeiete
11-19-2013, 03:09 PM
This thread has nothing to do both upgrades. Full upgrades should take a ton of time. I agree. Cool.

If we want to reslot for a chance at making super gem, it should be possible.

woeh
11-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Do you mean after 3gems are in your item and they happen to be+3gems, then when u resocket it shouldnt be the same wait...I 100%agree: P I've heard ppl fail 20-30times before one super gem

12Hrs x 25... expansion come out every 2 -3 months it shouldnt take a non plat user 1/3 a expansion to have maxed super gem equip for it
To be irrelevant so soon

Also 3rd gem is 48hr first time resocket is 12, but still.. high fail chance

It shouldnt take more then 3-5resockets for a +6 gem with a chance of it happening first go

We are upgradin our equip not opening locks...

Azepeiete
11-19-2013, 03:51 PM
You have all 3 gems already in your item. They are all +3 NORMAL gems. You want +6 gems. So you do RESOCKETING. We should be able to use our stuff while we are trying for the +6 gems.

woeh
11-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Yea that would allow us to not waste half a expansion for +6 gem

Good system jus a few more touch ups devs: P

So either aze idea that we can still play with gear after resocket

Or mine where a +6gem shouldnt take more then like 3trys

Im for either

Fyrce
11-19-2013, 05:08 PM
So far, I use a combination of "tactics" -- I try to upgrade before I go to bed. Much of the time, I will be out for 12 hours anyways.

Also, I have all of my gear from before getting my current gear, so I can use that. In addition, I have, on other occasions, purchased cheap temporary gear, so I know that should I desire, that option is also available.

But of course, for the really particular player, just have two sets of your equips: one set to upgrade, one to play :p

Valsacar
11-19-2013, 05:24 PM
You shouldnt be unable to use your gear regardless. Should still be able to wear your items while they are in the upgrade process imo. 48 hours for the third slot on mythic or paying 100 plat a mythic roughly isnt right. id rather not take like 5 days off farming. honestly i have almost 20 gems saved including a couple superior ones. but i refuse to gem my mythics because im not waiting 3 days. They should not have rushed this update and listened to our feedback/ideas before releasing it.

Wow, you have items in your inventory that don't exist?

Rare
11-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Wow, you have items in your inventory that don't exist?

Lol I thought the same thing

Samhayne
11-19-2013, 06:30 PM
We would advise you to plan out your playtime and start a gem upgrade accordingly. Start a 12 hour slotting or re-slotting in the evening and you'll have the item back in mid morning.

Also, it's not so bad to have a piece of backup gear. There are a lot of items in the world :)

We understand your feelings and appreciate your feedback. We'd like to wait and see how things settle out over time. We are watching how users are using these new systems and will adjust accordingly over time.

gatzoo5505
11-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Personally I like the current system. I think you left out human factor into the equation Aze. A person would waste way more plat on upgrades than farming to obtain that superior gem. No one just give up after 1 shot. That's like someone with 2000 plats opening 1 crates n giving up after a cheap pink.

I have a guildmate who blew 2000 plats already.

Sts working on our gambling desires once again. Luckily I have a job n can't be on 24/7. Haven't drop 1 plat on the crafting system.

Rare
11-19-2013, 07:29 PM
On the bright side, now there is something else to work for. A second set

wvhills
11-19-2013, 07:38 PM
For most players the current system isn't a problem. It mainly effects those of us who run arena and elites. It completely takes us out of the game. The system has to cost plat each time a gem is resocketed for sts to have a continuous revenue stream. I have no problem with this. What I think is over board is the 2 days or 96 plat for the last socket. I vote for changing it to 6/12/24 for the three sockets. I buy plats but I'm not ever going to use it for bypassing a timer. I save my plats for revs/vanities and pets. The only reason I see to upgrade items is for PVP. I can run elites and arena just fine without upgrades so I don't think the crafting system is something I'm going to use the way it currently functions.

dudetus
11-19-2013, 07:41 PM
For most players the current system isn't a problem. It mainly effects those of us who run arena and elites. It completely takes us out of the game. The system has to cost plat each time a gem is resocketed for sts to have a continuous revenue stream. I have no problem with this. What I think is over board is the 2 days or 96 plat for the last socket. I vote for changing it to 6/12/24 for the three sockets. I buy plats but I'm not ever going to use it for bypassing a timer. I save my plats for revs/vanities and pets. The only reason I see to upgrade items is for PVP. I can run elites and arena just fine without upgrades so I don't think the crafting system is something I'm going to use the way it currently functions.

I have no idea what u said but it sounds smart so I'll agree with u :)

Daddyblu
11-20-2013, 05:24 AM
We would advise you to plan out your playtime and start a gem upgrade accordingly. Start a 12 hour slotting or re-slotting in the evening and you'll have the item back in mid morning.

Also, it's not so bad to have a piece of backup gear. There are a lot of items in the world :)

We understand your feelings and appreciate your feedback. We'd like to wait and see how things settle out over time. We are watching how users are using these new systems and will adjust accordingly over time.

I like it just the way it is! i mean crafting is normal same procedure in almost all online games when you upgrade.

where can see a game while you upgrade you can used the item. LOL..

So please STS dont change it.. this is how it should be.. more challenging more fun...

Paulsebi
11-20-2013, 06:56 AM
It's very good the way it is.... atleast for me it's fine!

Hadec
11-20-2013, 06:57 PM
I suggest let players use an item which is being upgraded but don't let the gems' effect gets utilized yet until 24 or 48 hours for the process to reach completion. Sounds fair IMO.
100% agreed

inkredible
11-20-2013, 07:09 PM
it means go outside, do somethin in real dont sit there 24/7 on ur comp/ phone socialize with ur family / friends !
HAHAH
it be nice to be able to equip it tho while its upgrading

Azepeiete
11-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Nvm irrelevant

Marrypoppins
11-20-2013, 09:10 PM
You have all 3 gems already in your item. They are all +3 NORMAL gems. You want +6 gems. So you do RESOCKETING. We should be able to use our stuff while we are trying for the +6 gems.
I agree 100% man and superior gems are faaaaar toooo rarrrreere!! At this rate not using plat by the time i get all superior on just my 26&36 the lvl cap will be 46+ lol

Morholt
11-20-2013, 09:33 PM
It's not gonna happen. It's already reduced to twelve hours for every resocket.
This is where sts is going to be making their money. Everything about the newly developed system is fully FREE to use!
Having fully superior bonded gear should be rare & for the elitest of players.
If you want to get there faster & able to use your items between usage use platinum.
Impatience is how they make the majority of their money.

It's not like you can't survive without superior bonded gear. In fact, you can survive without any gems in your gear. The maps haven't gotten any harder or more challenging.
The majority of PvP is people all wearing the same EXACT gear...at least with superior bonds being hard to come across, there will be a small variance between players & their stats.

Alfai
11-20-2013, 10:05 PM

This!

chitgoks
11-21-2013, 07:01 AM
just craft or upgrade them before you go to sleep

Youngmurda
11-21-2013, 10:26 AM
I like it just the way it is! i mean crafting is normal same procedure in almost all online games when you upgrade.

where can see a game while you upgrade you can used the item. LOL..

So please STS dont change it.. this is how it should be.. more challenging more fun...

Lol fun for you cuz u just pay with plats. Not fun for others who actually have to wait the 12hours n can't pve or pvp n get no super gem on top of it.

MrGanjaa
11-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah.. the devs needs to do a few more touch ups to make players enjoy playing the game more.