PDA

View Full Version : Guild: Chaos Flare

flaimdude
05-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey! So I have an idea. A while ago, when TTR3 first game out, I made a clan for it named iTap. This was a successful, growing clan for a couple months. Then it died. Then NOVA came out, and I decided to make a clan for that named Flare. Then it died, after about a month. In iTap, we had a lot of 'members,' but not many people did online clan nights. In Flare, we didn't have that many members, but they were dedicated members and went to lots of clan nights.

Now, I'm making a clan for Graal called Chaos Flare, and I had an idea. Why, instead of having separate clans for separate games, why don't we just have one HUGE multi-game clan? A clan that's active not just in one game, but multiple ones? That has TTR tournaments, NOVA nights, Graal parties, and now Pocket Legends quests? I think that this could be really big, and really awesome if I could get a bunch of dedicated people to help start it and grow it. From reading in the PL forums, there are actually a lot of intelligent people here, and not as many noobs (probably because PL appeals to a somewhat more hardcore audience - grinding, etc. - than, say, TTR), so I thought this would be a good place to start getting people.

Since it's summer soon, we'll have a huge time to grow the clan/guild (not sure which one it should be called yet), and hopefully keep it supported with dedicated members. I am currently looking into a forums, I used lefora for Flare and iTap, but I'm considering other ones which would be better. (I don't have any money for a paid forums, sadly, so right now it's free all the way, haha) We would of course have a chat room too (maybe a skype, right now a chatango), and we wouldn't focus so much on one game as we would on having fun on a bunch of games, which is what people normally do outside of a clan. :)

btw, Chaos Flare is abbreviated to CF.

So whatdaya say, does anybody want to join? :D

Vigilant
05-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey! So I have an idea. A while ago, when TTR3 first game out, I made a clan for it named iTap. This was a successful, growing clan for a couple months. Then it died. Then NOVA came out, and I decided to make a clan for that named Flare. Then it died, after about a month. In iTap, we had a lot of 'members,' but not many people did online clan nights. In Flare, we didn't have that many members, but they were dedicated members and went to lots of clan nights.

Now, I'm making a clan for Graal called Chaos Flare, and I had an idea. Why, instead of having separate clans for separate games, why don't we just have one HUGE multi-game clan? A clan that's active not just in one game, but multiple ones? That has TTR tournaments, NOVA nights, Graal parties, and now Pocket Legends quests? I think that this could be really big, and really awesome if I could get a bunch of dedicated people to help start it and grow it. From reading in the PL forums, there are actually a lot of intelligent people here, and not as many noobs (probably because PL appeals to a somewhat more hardcore audience - grinding, etc. - than, say, TTR), so I thought this would be a good place to start getting people.

Since it's summer soon, we'll have a huge time to grow the clan/guild (not sure which one it should be called yet), and hopefully keep it supported with dedicated members. I am currently looking into a forums, I used lefora for Flare and iTap, but I'm considering other ones which would be better. (I don't have any money for a paid forums, sadly, so right now it's free all the way, haha) We would of course have a chat room too (maybe a skype, right now a chatango), and we wouldn't focus so much on one game as we would on having fun on a bunch of games, which is what people normally do outside of a clan. :)

btw, Chaos Flare is abbreviated to CF.

So whatdaya say, does anybody want to join? :D

Let me be very blunt here, DUMB IDEA.

Separate clans for separate games.

Because if you got 5 people on Graal, 5 people on Nova, 2 people on TTR (wtf's TTR), 10 on PL it will take forever to gather up everyone for clan night.

Just what I think.

Hurs
05-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Tap Tap Revolution I believe.

flaimdude
05-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking more like 100 peeps, cause I had like over 50 in iTap and about 20 in Flare at their peaks. ;) So not that hard to get 10-20 peeps for a clan night.

BugMage
05-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Also, its bad form to mention other games in PL's forums...big no no...so DONT..

No, its a bad idea..but wait! You ask "Why?", because some players only like one or two games. What your asking is for players to download games (some might not be FREE) then go and help random players they dont know. On paper it may seem good, but really its not.

Another good reason is, control and organization in all these games. Sure ok ill just have a bunch of leaders for each game. Hey, im a peader for PL in this clan- were succesful, ive dobe all the work! Why am i listening to him?!? Then they go and take alk those members and change the clan name...

-Bug

flaimdude
05-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Sorry, I didn't know. :|

And of course they wouldn't have to download all the games, but if they already had some of them I think it could work.
Hmmmm I don't think it would have to have a leader for each game, just a group of admins/leaders for all of the games combined would work I think. :)

Again, just tossing around the ol' idea bag.

BugMage
05-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Hey, no shame-all ideas are good ideas...

Like i said looks good on paper, if you want to tweak some more then start it in a smaller game, take the results from that smaller game-and see if this idea is worth putting forth more effort.

Have Fun!

-Bug

jonboy
05-25-2010, 10:14 PM
If you want to see what a large international mulit-gaming Guild looks like,
go have a look a The Older Gamers: http://www.theoldergamers.com/

flaimdude
05-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I've decided that unless I had a huge guild already for a game, having a multi-game one wouldn't work out. :) I am going to release chaosFlare as a fully-fledged guild though once guilds come out.