PDA

View Full Version : Effective Trading

Giggly
11-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Perhaps the most exciting adventure in Pocket Legends is trading. We all heard the calls: "Selling lev 45 pink for 5k," "Selling Plasma Axe of Rift for 50k," "Selling 2k for 20k!" The Spacetime Studios group are very talented and they're in-tuned to the trading aspects of the game; the group created an "ebay-like" trading/auction system that has taken on a life of its own. Personally, I have valued this system since it provides a way to view a wide variety of items at different prices. However, I do think that smaller aspects of the trading system can be improved.

I think several of us (myself included) have eagerly purchased that "super-weapon" or "super armor" item in hopes to make our avatar superior. We soon find out that the majority of our statistics (i.e. str, int, dex, hit %, health regen, mana regen, armor, etc) are decreased. During trading the only information about the item is displayed in tiny text. It is therefore difficult to accurately determine how effective that item will be after purchase. I propose a simple change: when the buyer selects the item of interest in the trading window, a new window appears that maps the selected item to the buyers avatar (similar to what happens when you select an item from your inventory). This way, the buyer can instantaneously "see" how all statistics are changed. Perhaps a system like this already exists, and if so, please let me know. Otherwise, I would propose this to Spacetime Studios as an additional way of providing "Effective Trading."

Thank you,
Giggly

a2ha
11-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Agreed .

Wyvern
11-13-2010, 04:24 PM
If it's option good idea. Most people know what they want though.

TwinkTastical
11-14-2010, 12:32 AM
I can assure you, trading is NOT exciting.

Nursing homes, are exciting.