PDA

View Full Version : Weapon-less (upgrade update)

Bliter
11-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi, im just wondering if anyone else is thinking that instead of having to wait 8 hours for your weapon to be given back after an upgrade, that we should be able to equip the weapon while its being upgraded.
just means that people without multiple weapons will struggle to fight.

Bliter
11-20-2013, 08:47 AM
share opinions

Valsacar
11-20-2013, 08:55 AM
I have an arcane weapon working on the 2nd gem, no I'm fine with how it works.

KingMartin
11-20-2013, 09:02 AM
I will use my other toon or I will become Bogue while my Razorbacks are upgrading. No problem with that, I only would not start third upgrade during weekend.

Much worse are those 12 hours replacing gems, when with 99% chance you just waste time.

Daddyblu
11-20-2013, 09:06 AM
nah its ok.. lol i use legend items and farm essence in KM3..

im fine on how it works..

Paulsebi
11-20-2013, 09:28 AM
same, im fine with what STS implemented...

Saribeau
11-20-2013, 09:38 AM
im fine with it, just buy a cheap weapon while its upgrading

Alhuntrazeck
11-20-2013, 09:58 AM
I will do it just before I go to bed and wake up to a crafted item :')

chitgoks
11-20-2013, 10:01 AM
at least you can get the normal 8 hr sleep while waiting for gems

DagnyTaggart
11-20-2013, 01:11 PM
I like the current system. Funny to see all the endgame players running around in junk gear. :p

Zeus
11-20-2013, 01:18 PM
The more I think about it...the more use this gives junk gear like locked crate gear. Why? People actually need cheap gear with decent stats to get things done now. :p

Morholt
11-20-2013, 01:56 PM
I never heard of a samurai having his katana repaired and still using it.

I never ate rice while I was still bringing the water to a boil.

I never drove my truck while I was changing the oil.

Understood? Your item is with a smith. You can't use it while it is being upgraded/made/worked on/in the shop.

Bliter
11-20-2013, 05:35 PM
yes, but as in reality this is not possible, but in game, anything is possible, "Understood"?

Gorecaster
11-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Those that aren't enjoying to farming essence, crafting gems or waiting to socket gear should just play on as though nothing has changed. Leave the upgraded gear to us. I see so many people unhappy. Bear in mind this is a new system, things are being observed and changes will be made, but there has to be a balance. Give and take. It's what makes this a game and not just a button smashing mind number. This adds a new element of strategy and it's obviously not for everyone.

Morholt
11-20-2013, 06:24 PM
It is plenty possible.
I can take one of my swords and have gems inserted into them. I'd still be unable to use my blade while the craftsman is at work.

Just because it is a game doesn't mean it should avoid logical things in the real world. Games, stories, and movies that do such things tend to be not so enjoyable.
It's fine to have fantasmic situations, as long as they are explainable. Like, how Wolverine can withstand getting hit by an 18 wheeler: adamantium bonded to his skeleton during the Weapon-X project.
Sure, it's not possible to have such a skeleton in real life...but that's the fantasy part. There is fantasy based logic, as well as real life logic.
Being able to use your gear during the upgrading process goes against even fantasy logic.
There needs to be a certain amount of realism in fantasy. Otherwise, it isn't as easy to immerse oneself into it, as too much made up & unrealistic nonsense with no tangible explanation makes it not very relatable. There needs to be some balance with things.

Besides, sts has left you a magical solution to bypass the waiting & being weapon-less--use some platinum! :)

Morholt
11-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Those that aren't enjoying to farming essence, crafting gems or waiting to socket gear should just play on as though nothing has changed. Leave the upgraded gear to us. I see so many people unhappy. Bear in mind this is a new system, things are being observed and changes will be made, but there has to be a balance. Give and take. It's what makes this a game and not just a button smashing mind number. This adds a new element of strategy and it's obviously not for everyone.Agreed. Essences can be found regardless of trying to find them or not. Go about normal farming & playing.
If you can't afford to have a back up weapon for the down time, you can't afford to use the gems. Sell those things! Especially while they are not so abundant yet & have some value. And if you can't afford to have a usable back up...you are likely wasting your gems in gear that isn't worth having the gem in.
+6 int in a crate pink isn't exactly a game changer.

Gorecaster
11-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Agreed. Essences can be found regardless of trying to find them or not. Go about normal farming & playing.
If you can't afford to have a back up weapon for the down time, you can't afford to use the gems. Sell those things! Especially while they are not so abundant yet & have some value. And if you can't afford to have a usable back up...you are likely wasting your gems in gear that isn't worth having the gem in.
+6 int in a crate pink isn't exactly a game changer.
I definitely would like to see a greater benefit for the socketing, but i suppose thats where the multiple socket spaces and chance at super gem come into play. I think this update will take a little getting used to for everyone but I think it added a positive aspect to the game play overall, lets face it, some of us upper level guys get a little bored between expansions. Between the bard quest update and now adding crafting, there seems to be plenty to do in game for everyone, just remember you will only get out of the game what you're willing to put in, theres no magic baller status button or cheat code. Just work and have fun, most important, have fun. Do what works for you.