PDA

View Full Version : Market Experience?

Justg
11-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Can you guys let us know how your experience with the Marketplace has been? Any trouble finding or downloading? Good or bad, we would love to know.

Thanks!

Kossi
11-13-2010, 04:49 PM
what is the marketplace?

oh nvm i got it

Varking
11-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Sometimes, if you set it to download automatically, it will fail and when you open the Market it will say please download manually. This isn't a problem with your application though as I have seen this across the board for a lot of applications.

shadywack
11-13-2010, 10:02 PM
I have no issues with it. My apps all install just fine, updates....well.....they update.

addiekai
11-15-2010, 02:17 PM
I have no issues with it. My apps all install just fine, updates....well.....they update.

Same here. No problems whatsoever

Pacifik
11-15-2010, 02:21 PM
No problems. It's a big file so downloading on wifi will help with speed and battery consumption.

Thirl
11-15-2010, 05:42 PM
I have an HTC Droid Incredible (Verizon). I have rooted my phone, I have installed CyanogenMod 6.0. I use AppBrain (I also use the Market directly if appbrain seems weird on some app).

When I first heard about Pocket Legends, I believe it was almost as soon as it was released for Android. At that time, I could not get it to work, no matter what I did. I experienced the problem where you'd get a link to the app in the market (either from appbrain or from the link on the pocket legends web site) but clicking on the link would bring up the market and an error "Not found", "The request item could not be found."

Then a day or so later, I tried again and found the app on appbrain under what looked like a different name. I tried again and it worked. Now, yesterday, I see there was an 'update' (according to appbrain). But when I try to get the update, I get the same error I described above. The game however, continues to play fine, even though there seems to be some app update, I can't get.

notmybbq
11-15-2010, 06:39 PM
I have the same problem as Thirl

Kah
11-15-2010, 06:57 PM
I have a rooted HTC Evo with CM 6.1 and never had a problem with it. People should probably mention what phones they are using along with mentioning issues or non-issues just to give y'all a better idea.

ghostface
11-15-2010, 07:23 PM
I have a rooted and custom ROM'd Samsung Captivate. I heard about this game on Saturday and found it on the Market with no problems. When I would try to install through market it would start and immediately hang. This was on 3G/HSDPA. I tried Wifi and it did the same thing. I found the apk in a post on these forums and downloaded the game with a buddy from work on his iPhone and we started playing together and got hooked. Yesterday I bought 175 platinum and bought all of the map packs and PVP packs. Today the client update came out and again I cannot download. Patiently waiting for a kind forum member to post the updated APK. Great game devs and look forward to update I can actually download ^.^ Any chance of hosting the updated APKs on your site as well as putting them on the market? Thanks

edit: Outside of this game I have never had an issue downloading or installing an APP from the Android market and I have A LOT.

Thirl
11-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Update: I can no longer play the game. It says I must update, but as I described above I cant update. Kind of mad I bought any platinum now.

morph4290
11-15-2010, 08:18 PM
If you're talking about the Android Market, I too am having issues. Just discovered that the open beta client supposedly has been released. When I go to the official market, pocket legends is nowhere to be found. When I try appbrain, it pops up, but says "the requested item could not be found." When I try the qr code, it doesn't work. The .apk I downloaded from one of the forum posts is out of date and only shows up in appbrain, but doesn't show an update.

I am using droid incredible, rooted, with CM6.1. I don't have this issue with any other items, and I have downloaded a ton.

permifry
11-15-2010, 09:32 PM
running droid 2.1 on my motorola backflip was unable to find the app on the market so i download the apk and installed it via dos (Which has worked in the past for most non market apps) but for this app the screen just goes black and then it goes back to my main page can u get it put on our market or do u have some patch of specific file i should try all help would be much appreciated thanks

RhynosAndroid
11-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Well I must say, it's turning out to be one of the longer DLs I've had on any of my Android phones.

**edit**Well got it DLed finally and after another long DL (the update) finally got signed up, RhynosAndroid, and got to playin'. AWESOME!! Smooth playing, quick response. This is on a Nexus One running froyo. I wasn't sure cause it actually locked up during the update after the initial DL. It came thru.

corvik
11-16-2010, 12:29 AM
i see PL in market but if i want download it , market say download failed everytime. use 3g and wifi. samsung galaxy s I9000

EDIT: version 1.5.1 is on market but problem with download is still here... imposible to download

jasper_ward
11-16-2010, 07:04 AM
I saw and downloaded the game no problem a few days ago, I don't seem to be able to see the game anymore in the market, though I am still able to play ATM, though the game does not show up in my downloads tab, or give me options to update... this happened very similarily with my phone when Angry Birds released am on a MYtouch 3g Slide with CM6

Derajdefyre
11-16-2010, 09:27 AM
I found the game no problem but I did not even attempt the download on edge. When I got home and had wifi I ran the download, installed, opened the app, was pushed an update, then was able to play without any issue. I am using a carrier unlocked Samsung Vibrant on AT&T's network that is NOT rooted.

reddragon72
11-16-2010, 10:20 AM
no problems here. Even works with update all button.

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant.

bsod
11-16-2010, 12:54 PM
It doesn't even show up in my marketplace. Firmware is 2.1 + update 1. Sprint Samsung Intercept.

Planet
11-18-2010, 04:09 AM
I got a Samsung Galaxy S running the latest Froyo revision (JPO). The game does show up in the market, but every time I try to download, it fails, either via packet radio or WiFi.

Unlike anything I have ever experienced, the download doesn't fail with an error message, it simply disappears. I have hundreds of installed apps, and in the recent weeks there were times when the market was a huge PITA. But even then, when I started any download, it either stopped with a failure notice, got stuck forever or (sometimes) succeeded.

Not so with Pocket Legends. The download starts and stops a few seconds later, and then the game is back in the list, just teasingly marked as "free". No notice, no progress bar, nothing. That never happened with anything else before!

I installed the APK from the sticky thread, forced market link with Titanium Backup's market doctor tool, and it worked just fine. Today, it asked for an update, but the download again acts like described above. I did not start the game today to check if I can still log in with the older version, though.

Any Ideas what might cause it?

Feathertail
11-20-2010, 01:45 AM
I'm on an HTC Aria, and it's not even showing up in the Android Market, even though a reviewer (http://droidappsreview.blogspot.com/2010/11/pocket-legends-beta-for-android-wow.html) said he used one to play the game.

soarl
12-26-2010, 11:57 AM
I also can't find the app in the market on my Aria. Which sucks...just sayin.

Diodge
12-26-2010, 02:27 PM
motorola droid (milestone) alltel (2.1)(I do have to shut the phone off and back on after almost every download to get in game sounds to work.)
never had a problem finding it or downloading/updateing(auto update works fine).........I load it on everyones phone.

Sanatorium
12-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Guys if you can't find the app on the market it's probably because you have under 2.0.
This game requires 2.0+ to run on your phone.
They also probably listed it in that section so unless you have 2.0+ you won't be able to find it in the market.