PDA

View Full Version : what is best build for elits map ?

Filipp Finnila
11-21-2013, 09:42 AM
skills/passive meaby screenshots if some on have :p

kamikazees
11-21-2013, 03:59 PM
I have been running elites for 2 weeks, so I am by no means an expert. Still, I am starting to think the cookie cutter fire/ice/time/heal build is not perfect for elites. I am going to try this build during the free respec weekend:

Fire 4/5 (all but scorch)
Lightning 3/5 (no discharge or shock)
Time 5/5
Shield 3/5 (extended and static)

Knowledge 5/5
Damage 5/5
Critical 5/5
Dexterity 5/5

This build will let me tap shield if I take aggro, which I hope will be better than heal (maybe). I will also have lightning for bosses. I will give up the dot and freeze of ice, but I think it might be better for elites overall.

I could go 5/5 str instead of dex, but that's really just 125 more hps and I'd rather have the attack.

noneo
11-21-2013, 06:24 PM
I

Fire 4/5 (all but scorch)
Lightning 3/5 (no discharge or shock)
Time 5/5
Shield 3/5 (extended and static)

Knowledge 5/5
Damage 5/5
Critical 5/5
Dexterity 5/5

Ooh. I like this build a lot with your passive choices. Increase your DPS quite a bit. I personally would scratch shield for gale for two reasons.

1. Gale gives a 50% armor buff when you attack with a charged spell which helps offset the loss of your shield.
2. It throws your pesky mobs on the ground for a few seconds, allowing you to either kill them or focus on the boss. And it deals a decent amount of damage to a LOT of mobs at once which is valuable for speed clearing.

Sure you will go through a few extra pots, but I think the extra damage dealt is worth it.

Great build though, I will be testing this for sure.