View Full Version : let's do math to see how long we play with out gears

Avshow
11-21-2013, 12:17 PM
gem1............8 hours
gem2............24 hours
gem3.............48hours

Suppose the chance of super gem is 10%( i would say lower than this)
replacing 1 gem takes 12*10=120 hours, so replacing 3 gems for super gems takes 360 hours in average.

totally we need 8+24+48+360=440 hours to max all super gems in mythic gears without using plat in average.

That is 18+ days.................

above only base on the chance of super gem being 10%

now do another math,if the chance is 5%

we need 8+24+48+720=800 hours which is 33+ days

Avshow
11-21-2013, 12:19 PM
and ...if the chance of super gems < 10%.....that time is longer...........

matanofx
11-21-2013, 12:28 PM
The chance for a super bond gem according to testing of several players is roughly 1/20 or 1/15 which is lower than 10%

Your thread made me so sad... but thanks for the wake up call

DagnyTaggart
11-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Wow. Dont think I'll be bothering with super gems.

-Dag

Avshow
11-21-2013, 12:32 PM
before doing math....i never realized replacing takes so long

Pandamoni
11-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Being the devil's advocate here, but we don't really NEED to wait. We can use plat to speed up the process. I know, I know, we aren't all made of money and it's free to play and we shouldn't give such an advantage to paying customers but from the developer's point of view they give you an option to do it for free. Yes, it takes forever. But they are in the business of making money. As much as I hate it and I grumble I can understand WHY they've set it up how they have. If you could use your items while they were cooking you'd be less inclined to speed up the process and would just wait it out over and over while attempting to get your super gem.

Ventus
11-21-2013, 12:38 PM
before doing math....i never realized replacing takes so long

Thats the point avshow. They want us to cave and spend plat.

Thats why the price to decrease timer is like 100+ plat total
Thats why they are not gonna increase drop rate of essences until enough people get angry enough at this.
Thats why they arent going to decrease time to upgrade (Samhayne said to use different gear, K samhayne take a step into our shoes please. Go from running elite shuyal in full mythics to using arc/dev gear. Watch yourself get insta killed constantly.)
THATS why they are nerfing that little post you posted yesterday because its apparently a "Bug" when its not. Its just gathering enemies just saving less time.

To prevent this post from being non constructive towards your post and me getting infracted or something else, Im currently waiting 24 hours on all my mythics and then tomorrow i have to wait 48 hours. joy oh joy.

Sokpuppet
11-21-2013, 01:17 PM
The exceptional bond isnt an astronomically huge difference. So why not just play with your normally bonded gems throughout the day. Then each night before you log off to go to bed, start the upgrade process again and by the time you're ready to get back on, your upgrades will be done and you wont have to play without your gear.

Morholt
11-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Boo-hoo, it takes less than 3 weeks to have prefect stat gear!
Wtf would be the point of releasing something that took a day to be done with?

Uzii
11-21-2013, 01:23 PM
There is a lot of no-plat players so they have no choice just to wait.

So the ones that use plat to speed up can enjoy just to play with themselves.

I wonder how many players its going to be...

I guess wellcome to the ghost town :D

(2nd gear yes, but how many is going to have 2nd, for some it was already hard enough get just one...)

Sorcerie
11-21-2013, 01:29 PM
The exceptional bond isnt an astronomically huge difference. So why not just play with your normally bonded gems throughout the day. Then each night before you log off to go to bed, start the upgrade process again and by the time you're ready to get back on, your upgrades will be done and you wont have to play without your gear.that's not a problem for the first upgrade, it's the two after that you have to worry about. Nevermind resocketing which is another 12 hours.

#Ain't nobody got time for that

Daddyblu
11-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Average 30-40 gems per slot

Now i dont want to post everything but thats the truth..

DagnyTaggart
11-21-2013, 01:48 PM
How much plat did that cost u?

Daddyblu
11-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Its purely base on luck

ruizerwin
11-21-2013, 01:59 PM
My first blood gems took me 8 hrs and get 5 str for my maul... the second one soon finish so if i get 3 going to update again until i finished with all as super gem...

Fauksuras
11-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Isn't EVERY regemming 12 hours though? And I haven't tried yet but i assume you can try several at the same time with different pieces of eq?

Patience is a virtue just let it regem overnight.

Sorcerie
11-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Isn't EVERY regemming 12 hours though? And I haven't tried yet but i assume you can try several at the same time with different pieces of eq?

Patience is a virtue just let it regem overnight.Let's see what your patience says when you're constantly having to regem the same item for those +6 gems.

falmear
11-21-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm upgrading everything at once. So I'm out of commission until Saturday morning. Then I'll have everything upgraded in all slots with at least +3. Just to see how much plat it took, I upgraded the first slot on my arcane staff to exceptional. It took like 6 or 7 tries. On the second slot of my mythic armor I got an exceptional bond on the first attempt, so it didn't cost me any plat. I think going forward at the end of each day before going to sleep I'll replace the non-superior bond gems on all my gear since it takes 12 hours. Hopefully I'll get lucky a few times and then if I get impatient I can finish off a few with plat. The worst is waiting 3 days without your gear.

baddiva
11-21-2013, 03:06 PM
How much plat did that cost u?

if we do a math it would take 8,040 plats, costs totally $449.95 and 8.1 mil gold. (assuming only 3 myth item perfected, armor set and necklace not included)

man, that's really awesome.. but it's nice to see that perfect item

Frohnatur
11-21-2013, 11:51 PM
There are people with time but not a lot of money. Then there are people with a lot of money and because of that with no time.

So far so fair.

And then there are some people with a lot of time and a lot of money. I feel sorry for them. Because their success is not a real achievment.

inkredible
11-22-2013, 12:07 AM
The exceptional bond isnt an astronomically huge difference. So why not just play with your normally bonded gems throughout the day. Then each night before you log off to go to bed, start the upgrade process again and by the time you're ready to get back on, your upgrades will be done and you wont have to play without your gear.

here is the for sure maxed out gear looks like

exceptional

Mythic Helm / Armor = 2(6 x 3) = +36
mythic = 5 x 3 = +15
Myth Amulet= 5 x 3 = +15
Arcane Maul 5 x 3 = + 15
-------------------
total of +81 (with maul) +84 (staff )

Regular Gem

Myth helm / armor 2 (3*3) = 18
mythring 3 x 3 = 9
amulet 3 x 3 = 9
weapon 3x3 = 9
--------------------------------
total 45

+84 primary vs +45 primary (str,int,dex) .. youre saying isnt that much of a difference?

Daddyblu
11-22-2013, 01:31 AM
Guys it depends people have time can wait. People have money cant wait because we dont have time.

We used our time on real life work.

Eski
11-22-2013, 03:36 AM
Guys it depends people have time can wait. People have money cant wait because we dont have time.

... and spend your money in a game...

Morholt
11-22-2013, 07:57 AM
here is the for sure maxed out gear looks like

exceptional

Mythic Helm / Armor = 2(6 x 3) = +36
mythic = 5 x 3 = +15
Myth Amulet= 5 x 3 = +15
Arcane Maul 5 x 3 = + 15
-------------------
total of +81 (with maul) +84 (staff )

Regular Gem

Myth helm / armor 2 (3*3) = 18
mythring 3 x 3 = 9
amulet 3 x 3 = 9
weapon 3x3 = 9
--------------------------------
total 45

+84 primary vs +45 primary (str,int,dex) .. youre saying isnt that much of a difference?That's the difference for full mythic & arcane. For a more typical/average player, who is wearing mostly pinks and with a purple ring and/or amulet, the total difference isn't all that much.

Now consider the fact that the only REALLY worthwhile gear to be trying to get superior bonds is the mythic and arcane items...if one were to be playing strictly freely/without spending any platinum, think just how inkredibly long it would take to get all mythic & arcane gear. Having super godly, top notch gear is supposed to take lots of time/effort in an mmorpg--it is part of the main reason why they are so addicting. However, sts allows people to bypass the grinding by allowing them to spend money as a shortcut.
With this all in mind, it really isn't too absurd to be without your main gear for a few weeks if you want to get all superior bonds without spending platinum. Consider how long you would've been without full mythic & arcane before without platinum.

Lovingly
11-22-2013, 08:50 AM
There are people with time but not a lot of money. Then there are people with a lot of money and because of that with no time.

So far so fair.

And then there are some people with a lot of time and a lot of money. I feel sorry for them. Because their success is not a real achievment.

I thought Shakespeare was dead??, real talk yo

Saribeau
11-22-2013, 09:08 AM

... and spend your money in a game...

lol

Saribeau
11-22-2013, 09:09 AM
game<chips/snacks

Uzii
11-22-2013, 10:47 AM
That's the difference for full mythic & arcane. For a more typical/average player, who is wearing mostly pinks and with a purple ring and/or amulet, the total difference isn't all that much.

Now consider the fact that the only REALLY worthwhile gear to be trying to get superior bonds is the mythic and arcane items...if one were to be playing strictly freely/without spending any platinum, think just how inkredibly long it would take to get all mythic & arcane gear. Having super godly, top notch gear is supposed to take lots of time/effort in an mmorpg--it is part of the main reason why they are so addicting. However, sts allows people to bypass the grinding by allowing them to spend money as a shortcut.
With this all in mind, it really isn't too absurd to be without your main gear for a few weeks if you want to get all superior bonds without spending platinum. Consider how long you would've been without full mythic & arcane before without platinum.

True but also its not good to force ppl buy 2nd gear or wait for few days (speaking abt 2nd and 3rd adding of the gem)

and bit off topic its ridiculous how the gap between elite legendaries, for which u need to fight elite bosses, hardest bosses that drop 2nd/3rd best gear in game?, and arcane/mythics (u need to gamble for) is even grater right now... makes me feel disappointed
Something is not right here....

Desperoto
11-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Its purely base on luck

Yeh right. U did over 100 upgrades without spending plat right? Dont lie about the fact that u spend hundred dollars of it and let the non spenders feeling bad

LordDravek
11-23-2013, 11:47 AM
I spend a lot of $$ on plat, but I can afford it so its no big deal. The # of plat needed for certain objectives is pretty expensive, but it pays the bills, right? Maybe when players hit the $10k investment marker, STS will give a special AP for paying their light bill? Sam? lol

Temarichan
11-23-2013, 12:04 PM

So far so fair.

And then there are some people with a lot of time and a lot of money. I feel sorry for them. Because their success is not a real
achievment.

That's so true. I'm not the richest person, but when I finally farmed enough to get money for my mythic gears and ammys, I was super proud of myself.

Just be happy with what you have and put effort into things that you want to achieve.

Solid
11-23-2013, 12:24 PM
What about the people with time and money?

+10490 advantage?

Wasnt StS's mission to create a free to play MMO where u can play anytime anywhere?

Sacrifice
11-23-2013, 12:29 PM
What about the people with time and money?

+10490 advantage?

Wasnt StS's mission to create a free to play MMO where u can play anytime anywhere?

I don't get it. It is a free mmo were you can play anytime anywhere..

Just because you need to spend plat on things doesn't mean it isn't f2p. And doesn't go against their statement.

Solid
11-23-2013, 01:10 PM
the advantage is 30-40 dmg and 200 health

people pay 50m for 15 dmg increases.

Zeus
11-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Time and time again, history repeats itself.

Does anyone remember when mythic helms first came out, how much they costed? For the time, it was an insane price!

Now, keep in mind that I've crafted over 40 gems myself only to have one superior. Did I rage? Heck yes! My guild can attest to that.

However, I took a new outlook on it. Remember when full mythics used to be a rare thing? Well, STG has redone that with superior gems.

How many crafters are actually crafting full superior items for the masses? The ones that spend plat, there are only 5 of.

What does that tell you? It's not meant to plat your way through. If they made it an easier rate, only then would platinum users have an advantage. Right now, it takes an obscene amount of

Zeus
11-23-2013, 01:23 PM
History repeats itself again and again.

These superior gems are the new mythics and arcane so the market. However, is that a bad thing? No!

Am I the only one that remembers a time when mythic and arcane were actually rare? What this update does is make the top gear extremely rare again!

My guild can attest to the fact that I've spent a lot of platinum trying to get these things. However, despite my efforts, I was only able to craft one superior gem.

This system was designed so platinum users DO NOT have an advantage.

Don't believe me? Take a look at how many plat crafters there are? I can only name 5 regulars. Has anyone checked how much platinum it takes them to craft an item? It's ridiculous.

What does that tell you? These items are meant to be rare and exist in this way so you cannot plat your way through it.

Just some food for thought...

Zeus
11-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Also, to add on, I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed the lock crate system was rapidly failing which can be inferred by their gold value.

Think of this system as the replacement for them.

Just like in farming, you require multiple fields or else you'll use up all the nutrients in the soil.

This new crafting system gives another field - when superior gems saturates the market, locked crate system will be running low on expensive gear like arcane and mythic items & vice versa.

I hope that made some sense!

xXz21
11-23-2013, 03:08 PM
jaja theys put the ''timer'' only for make money. 100 plats for ''remove'' the 48 hours LOL 20$ only for a gem? and al is free to play sure but wait 33+ days to make 3 super gem ;)

Uzii
11-23-2013, 04:51 PM
History repeats itself again and again.

These superior gems are the new mythics and arcane so the market. However, is that a bad thing? No!

Am I the only one that remembers a time when mythic and arcane were actually rare? What this update does is make the top gear extremely rare again!

My guild can attest to the fact that I've spent a lot of platinum trying to get these things. However, despite my efforts, I was only able to craft one superior gem.

This system was designed so platinum users DO NOT have an advantage.

Don't believe me? Take a look at how many plat crafters there are? I can only name 5 regulars. Has anyone checked how much platinum it takes them to craft an item? It's ridiculous.

What does that tell you? These items are meant to be rare and exist in this way so you cannot plat your way through it.

Just some food for thought...

I think this thread is more abt duration of the upgrades, which is for the upgrading 2nd and 3rd slot really long, not rarity of the exceptional gems.

I have no problem exceptional gems being rare nor with 12 hours for swaping the gems, bc i can just do it every night before sleep

Cero
11-23-2013, 05:05 PM
well if they allow to use upgrading items this timer might not be a huge problem.

LordDravek
11-23-2013, 05:14 PM
why not plat your way through it.... if you can afford it and dont mind helping to pay for a great game. Ive probably spent over $3k on plat. my only complaint is when you're on the downside of a 100$ slot gamble while the lady on the penny machine, next to you, hits the jackpot. so annoying and disappointing, but fun.

Vjerevica
11-23-2013, 09:20 PM
now do another math,if the chance is 20%

we need 8+24+48+720=800 hours which is 33+ days

Man, your calculation is wrong. With higher chance, time shortens.

12/(20/100) = 1200/20 = 60 hrs >>> 8+24+48+180=260 hrs = 11 days.

Avshow
11-23-2013, 10:33 PM
I was wrong, i wanted to say 5%

Man, your calculation is wrong. With higher chance, time shortens.

12/(20/100) = 1200/20 = 60 hrs >>> 8+24+48+180=260 hrs = 11 days.

Zeus
11-23-2013, 11:21 PM
I think this thread is more abt duration of the upgrades, which is for the upgrading 2nd and 3rd slot really long, not rarity of the exceptional gems.

I have no problem exceptional gems being rare nor with 12 hours for swaping the gems, bc i can just do it every night before sleep

Personally, I think it's a combination of both. The 1 day wait and 2 day wait is a one time thing.

Personally, what I did was a combination of waiting some of it out & using free platinum to bypass the timer. If you plan ahead, this is highly manageable.

Granted, when the update first hit, just like anyone else - I was upset. Now? I understand the logic behind the system and the reason why it is the way that it is.

smuggs
11-24-2013, 07:16 AM
Not everyone can afford to drop 90 or more on plat every so often...and I'm sorry but 96 plat to remove a timer no matter how long it is is completely unreasonable in my eyes...the lower upgrades are manageable on free plat but not the 48 hour ones.

And I doubt desperoto is jealous, more like saying theres no way you crafted that much in such a short time-frame after release without plat and you said you did. Even wirh the best of luck its going to take you longer than a week to so the upgrading you did without plat...and I sincerely doubt you did.

As for your constant "I'm rich" tact...its horrendous and sickening. If you have so much money then help out with the typhoon relief and not your in game desires. I've seen this a few times from your sprtcuz as far as the "Don't be jealous because I have more money than you" goes...its a horrible argument and whether or not you say it in those terms its implied. Some of us have families and children to take care of, and some have bigger priorities. No its not your fault some dont have money...but its also NO reason to throw your income in peoples faces. Do that in the real world and you'll be robbed pretty quick...and that's probably the least you'll get out of it with the attitude as a person I see you having.

Desperoto
11-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Not everyone can afford to drop 90 or more on plat every so often...and I'm sorry but 96 plat to remove a timer no matter how long it is is completely unreasonable in my eyes...the lower upgrades are manageable on free plat but not the 48 hour ones.

And I doubt desperoto is jealous, more like saying theres no way you crafted that much in such a short time-frame after release without plat and you said you did. Even wirh the best of luck its going to take you longer than a week to so the upgrading you did without plat...and I sincerely doubt you did.

As for your constant "I'm rich" tact...its horrendous and sickening. If you have so much money then help out with the typhoon relief and not your in game desires. I've seen this a few times from your sprtcuz as far as the "Don't be jealous because I have more money than you" goes...its a horrible argument and whether or not you say it in those terms its implied. Some of us have families and children to take care of, and some have bigger priorities. No its not your fault some dont have money...but its also NO reason to throw your income in peoples faces. Do that in the real world and you'll be robbed pretty quick...and that's probably the least you'll get out of it with the attitude as a person I see you having.
I'm not jealous. It's just a noob that keep sating: Im rich, im pro, i have evrything lol omg im rich. But everyone can be rich by spending over $10.000 Dollar