PDA

View Full Version : Make one essence not 3 different kinds

falmear
11-21-2013, 02:30 PM
There should be only one kind of essence and not 3 different kinds. I understand each essence represents a stat. However it doesn't really matter because during crafting you turn it into a gem. So if there was only one essence you could craft it into the gem you wanted (blood,fire,glacial). I think this would also cut down on the inventory issues since people could use up their essences quicker. Also down the road if you have crit, damage, armor, etc. Will we have 6 or 7 different essences? I don't think this makes much sense because it just clogs up your inventory. So there should only be one essence type, then when you craft it, you decide what you want. Right now I need to collect nearly 30 before I can craft one gem. Also consider adding more crafting slots, purchasable with plat and story tokens. Thanks.

Instanthumor
11-21-2013, 04:02 PM
1.) Would make life so much easier.
2.) Would make AL playing bit more enjoyable.

I second the motion!

Energizeric
11-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Eh, I kind of like it as is, although I think essences should be tradeable and that would solve the problem. I used to enjoy the crafting stuff in PL, where you had to assemble all the different components and then go to the blacksmith and craft your item. I think it would actually be more interesting if there were more crafting items and you needed multiple kinds to craft different types of gems.

Now they are talking about possibly adding new types of upgrades later on, like maybe critical, damage, armor, etc. I hope they don't add more essences, but maybe change the recipes. For example, maybe an armor gem should take 5 blood essences and 5 glacial essences.

falmear
11-21-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't see the difference between 5 blood essences and 5 glacial essences versus 10 "generic" essences, when the drop rate is the same. This is why I end up with almost 30 essences before I can craft one. And even if they come out with another thing for crit, damage, armor it can be one type instead of 3. If the drop rate was different between glacial,blood and fire I could understand. But its not so having one type of essence makes more sense to me.

HeartlessR
11-21-2013, 06:54 PM
I second this. Lol you don't know the pain of getting 7-7-7/8-8-8 essences and having to liquidate some in order to reach 10 so you can make 1 gem and have inv slots free (talking about alts obviously. i have like 200 slots on my main.) also would be alot nicer to be able to make a fire gem if i need it instead of getting 10 glacials instead and having to sell/trade it to get the gem i want.

Worship
11-21-2013, 07:00 PM
I second this. Lol you don't know the pain of getting 7-7-7/8-8-8 essences and having to liquidate some in order to reach 10 so you can make 1 gem and have inv slots free (talking about alts obviously. i have like 200 slots on my main.) also would be alot nicer to be able to make a fire gem if i need it instead of getting 10 glacials instead and having to sell/trade it to get the gem i want.

Oh.. Trust me.. We know

Sent from my iPhone

Morholt
11-23-2013, 08:26 PM
I don't think they'll be doing crit/defense/damage/etc. essences.
Those will likely be found in the form of a rune that can be directly inserted to gear (and obviously harder to find than essences).