PDA

View Full Version : DEATHS COUNT: Do we have a reset?

Vertuldo
11-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Hi all, do you guys think it would be like nice if we have a death reset once in a while? once in a year maybe? or every 6 months? something like that? or is it bad? just sayin.... :)

Iamruthless
11-21-2013, 08:47 PM
bad how about delete everyones progress also? start fresh every 6 months or one year from nothing :)

Ebezaanec
11-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Everyone is eligible for a death count reset... Its called the delete character option.

Enjoy :)

Iamruthless
11-21-2013, 08:57 PM
deathless toon xP buy 10k pots

Vaztardo
11-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Everyone is eligible for a death count reset... Its called the delete character option.

Enjoy :)

wow. such sarcasm. how about you delete your toon?
he was just asking if there is an option for that. tsk3. people people.

Instanthumor
11-21-2013, 09:07 PM

It wasn't sarcasm. It's the truth, if you want to reset your K/DR, you seriously have to delete your character. That's the only option.

Vaztardo
11-21-2013, 09:10 PM
It wasn't sarcasm. It's the truth, if you want to reset your K/DR, you seriously have to delete your character. That's the only option.

yeah we already know that there is a delete option, but how about a death reset or something like that. That's why it's called "option" an alternative, not a "solution". lol.

Commanderkeen
11-21-2013, 09:11 PM
The only time I have seen STS do this was for beta players. Once beta was over they reset our kdr.

Frekken
11-21-2013, 09:11 PM
You people get to attached to those Lil numbers... Die and have fun

Instanthumor
11-21-2013, 09:12 PM
yeah we already know that there is a delete option, but how about a death reset or something like that. That's why it's called "option" an alternative, not a "solution". lol.

You can wish all you want, but it'll never happen. Do you ever wonder why there isn't a system like that implemented in the game right now?

Vaztardo
11-21-2013, 09:18 PM
You can wish all you want, but it'll never happen. Do you ever wonder why there isn't a system like that implemented in the game right now?

OMG people. the TS was just asking if it is possible. that's all. :)

Commanderkeen
11-21-2013, 09:19 PM
You people get to attached to those Lil numbers... Die and have fun

Not calling you out or anything but I look at kdr as how good of a player you are at your class. Let's say you have a kdr of 5k/3k at pve at level 36 and your a warrior. This shows that you don't know what your doing and its best to leave this party.

I'm also with you on the "die and have fun" while playing. It's a game and should be enjoyed.

Instanthumor
11-21-2013, 09:24 PM
OMG people. the TS was just asking if it is possible. that's all. :)

Well, to answer your question, (as of right now) it's not possible.

Vertuldo
11-21-2013, 09:28 PM
I was just asking coz I already have 1000 deaths with 80k PVE count. is that bad? hahahaha.
TBH, when I started playing january of this year I was just like enjoying and not minding my death counts. Now that Im on with my gears, Im a bit more extra careful not to add more deaths to my count. hahaha. :)

Well, as they say.... "NOTHING CAN STOP DEATH."

Instanthumor
11-21-2013, 09:32 PM
I was just asking coz I already have 1000 deaths with 80k PVE count. is that bad? hahahaha.
TBH, when I started playing january of this year I was just like enjoying and not minding my death counts. Now that Im on with my gears, Im a bit more extra careful not to add more deaths to my count. hahaha. :)

Well, as they say.... "NOTHING CAN STOP DEATH."

There is something that can stop death... It's called 'crit'.

Iamruthless
11-21-2013, 09:34 PM
i have 360k kills on my mage no deaths xP yes i play elite have over 15k aps and yes only way to do it is spam pots :) but dont forget do ur part of ur class dont let ur party do all the work and you get the kills that makes you a noob xd

Ebezaanec
11-21-2013, 09:38 PM

Sarcasm? I think you need to relearn what sarcasm is... I wasn't mocking him or ridiculing him whatsoever.

Secondly, I wasn't the one asking for a death count reset.. So I don't know why I would delete.

Like Instanthumor said, its the truth.. 'Nuff said.

Vertuldo
11-21-2013, 09:38 PM
There is something that can stop death... It's called 'crit'.

Something can also stop crit.. it's called "lag". hahahahaha.

Zylx
11-21-2013, 09:40 PM
I dont see why there should be a reset button to your kdr. It keeps track of how many times you kill or die. Sure it sucks to have a lot of deaths, but you earned all those deaths.

Frekken
11-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Remember people like to show off their chars so... No reset eva

Instanthumor
11-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Something can also stop crit.. it's called "lag". hahahahaha.

I don't see how lag can stop crit...

Frohnatur
11-21-2013, 11:32 PM
I got a really really bad KDR in PvP. I'm not a bad player. I was on the sorc-leaderboard for almost two seasons. I am full myth with scythe. I die a lot in PvP because I have - satellite-Internet-related - 1k ping. That means: Everything I react to has happend 1 sec before. So there are situations where you're unable to react accordingly to save you from death.

But I agree, resetting the KdR makes no good sense. Because yes indeed it (usually) tells something about the player (even if I have explaining to do when someone mocks me over my pvp kdr). Also, it would make the Guild-Rankings less honest, because the KdR tells something how good the players of a guild are at what they do.

Instanthumor
11-22-2013, 12:13 AM
I got a really really bad KDR in PvP.

I second that.

I'm not a bad player.

I can also second that.

Pentavia
11-22-2013, 12:36 AM
i have 360k kills on my mage no deaths xP yes i play elite have over 15k aps and yes only way to do it is spam pots :) but dont forget do ur part of ur class dont let ur party do all the work and you get the kills that makes you a noob xd Dang! You must have one hell of an internet connection. No lag = less/no deaths ftw

bhutkeyur
11-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Well, to answer your question, (as of right now) it's not possible.

are you dev? if not then better dont give such opinion

I dont mind reser kdr every season so everyone get fair chance to participate in lb.

Instanthumor
11-22-2013, 01:42 AM
are you dev? if not then better dont give such opinion

I dont mind reser kdr every season so everyone get fair chance to participate in lb.

I remember there has been other occasions where people had asked the same question, where devs had responded no.
So, don't give such opinions that I shouldn't be able to express my opinions. Thank you.

Vertuldo
11-22-2013, 03:48 AM

yah. I also dont mind have kdr reset so everyone has a fair chance to participate in LB.

Instanthumor
11-22-2013, 04:24 AM
yah. I also dont mind have kdr reset so everyone has a fair chance to participate in LB.

But... Just because your K/DR resets, doesn't mean you'll have an easier shot at the leaderboards, unless you already have a great amount of AP's.

Fauksuras
11-22-2013, 05:05 AM
What would be the practical point of resetting kdr? Impressing others with something you know is a lie?

Many people delete characters and start again when they get a death, thats the real only solution for now, not sarcasm, not mocking, not trolling.

Puntus
11-22-2013, 05:40 AM
If Stg reset my stats I quit the game, coz if they do that, means a waste of time

Goldenstream
11-22-2013, 06:29 AM
BURN!!!!

Saribeau
11-22-2013, 09:58 AM
this is a stupid idea....sorry....

Roberto077
11-22-2013, 10:00 AM

That's not sarcasm. I agree with his statement. Once you die, you die.

Saribeau
11-22-2013, 10:01 AM
i mean what is sts gonna do? just because u suck and u are sad about it doesnt mean that the people with 60k pvp kills and 1m pve kills get their hard earned kdr wiped clean. i cant agree with u in anyway.

Hinataa
11-22-2013, 10:01 AM
I dont agreee on restet... dang i worked so hard to get where i am...

Saribeau
11-22-2013, 10:04 AM
I dont agreee on restet... dang i worked so hard to get where i am...

see this is what i speak of. we r srry for your deaths but suck it up like the rest of us. sorry dude.

KingMartin
11-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Not calling you out or anything but I look at kdr as how good of a player you are at your class. Let's say you have a kdr of 5k/3k at pve at level 36 and your a warrior. This shows that you don't know what your doing and its best to leave this party.

I'm also with you on the "die and have fun" while playing. It's a game and should be enjoyed.

Now this is interesting - I have about 130k/5k pve kdr ratio. Recently I successfully farmed 5000th death, teaching pink members to run elite Undim. If you meet me in PUG group, would you leave thinking omg he does not know what he is doing? :)

In other words, I have very high death toll but don't see anything bad about it. Be proud of your deaths, there's a story behind each of them :)

Lovingly
11-22-2013, 10:36 AM
pointless.

Int
11-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Try hard for 0 deaths.. not be lazy and have sts reset it for you

bhutkeyur
11-22-2013, 12:08 PM
But... Just because your K/DR resets, doesn't mean you'll have an easier shot at the leaderboards, unless you already have a great amount of AP's.

With huge amount pve kills people have - there is very little chance to participate for lb. If previous lb winners keep playing for lb then hardly new can beat them in PvE kills. All ap can be done(except few pvp ap) in very short time -not millions of PvE kills.

afrobug
11-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Wait til u get over 2k death..it'll get easier. Oops lag,....dead. Okay. Get back up. Simple

Cero
11-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Wait til u get over 2k death..it'll get easier. Oops lag,....dead. Okay. Get back up. Simple

Yep, youll get immune to kdr love and for most they love kdr so much that they cant play or enjoy the game :P

Sacrifice
11-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Kdr is a bit like Marmite.

You either love it or you hate it.

Personally I have no problem if someone has loads of deaths, as long if they have the kills to make up for it. Even then I will not disregard them as a person.

Having a good KDR may mean you are very skilled, focus on it more than anything else and know nothing else or lag. I have seen loads of people with not necessarily a bad KDR but a KDR that is quite big. I'm not singling him out but Queenotshade has like 5k deaths but there's a reason: He helps people farm elites an farms himself so much so he's bound to die loads.

In conclusion having a bad KDR doesn't necessarily make you a bad player but it doesn't necessarily make you a good player either.

Sorcerie
11-22-2013, 02:08 PM
My death ratio has skyrocketed since I started running elites, and anyone who runs elites will agree that once you set foot on those grounds and your party is pulling massive mobs at a time you're gonna die. a lot.

The only ones who really don't suffer too much in elites are warriors with top gear, very little can take them out even once with a full party, unless one is forced to solo until his dead party members get back to support him. And even then they can still hold their own pretty well.

At this point I don't really care about my death ratio anymore, it's all about that loot no matter how many lives must be lost. It's painfully clear that sacrifices must be made in order get loot worth anything without spending a penny of your own money in this game, so who cares how many times you die.

I'll die as many times as it takes to get an arcane staff from an elite golden puzzlebox, its not like lives aren't free.

Crowsfoot
11-22-2013, 03:26 PM
*eye role* stick to three heart runs of Zelda where you can turn the console off and back on.

Commanderkeen
11-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Now this is interesting - I have about 130k/5k pve kdr ratio. Recently I successfully farmed 5000th death, teaching pink members to run elite Undim. If you meet me in PUG group, would you leave thinking omg he does not know what he is doing? :)

In other words, I have very high death toll but don't see anything bad about it. Be proud of your deaths, there's a story behind each of them :)

If it was a regular map I would stay an elite map I probably would not. When it comes to elite I would like to get it over as soon as possible and if everyone there has no clue on what's going on I will leave and find a better group. Now if I time to actually stay online for a good bit I have no problem staying with a noob elite group and show them the robes.

Anyways I wouldn't consider a 130k/5k a bad kdr