PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading items to full exceptional gems

kingbanks
11-21-2013, 11:02 PM
I really think sts should make the items your upgrading useable at the same time. I mean judging off of what I seen lately about the amount of re slotting it takes to get an exceptional gem is kind of ridiculous for non plat users. It could easily take over a month to get fully upgraded with no platinum upgrading your items for 24hrs a day... I know some of you will just say " play then when your about to sleep start upgrading" yes I'm aware of this. But Like most of us i am trying to get fully upgraded ASAP without platinum usage because i already bought 1.7k plats for this new event and only got 2 exceptional gems. This would cost me hundreds of dollars to fully upgrade so I decided to take the extremely long way. I'm not a millionaire in real life... I understand sts needs to make $ but I doubt it would affect their buisiness because players will still buy platinums to upgrade faster. I just want to be able to play the game instead of logging off then back on in 12hrs to re slot again for 12hrs.

What do you guys think ?

Frohnatur
11-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Its either this or that way. You can't have both. Be happy its only time that saves you a lot of plat and rl-money.

I strongly recommend you read this to understand why it has to be that way: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?125018-The-quot-Bell-Curve-quot-and-how-it-applies-(or-should-apply)-to-AL

kingbanks
11-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Its either this or that way. You can't have both. Be happy its only time that saves you a lot of plat and rl-money.

I strongly recommend you read this to understand why it has to be that way: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?125018-The-quot-Bell-Curve-quot-and-how-it-applies-(or-should-apply)-to-AL

I don't get how that applies to what I'm talking about.

azikhian
12-08-2013, 10:17 PM
I agree with you..

falmear
12-08-2013, 11:14 PM
As I suggested in the Feedback forum they need to reduce the timer to 8 hours. Also in my opinion they reduced the chance to get an exceptional gem. I talked to many people about this and this seems to be the prevailing perception. I use to get one every 1-2 days. Now its been several days and I have gotten none. Which is very frustrating because there is nothing you can do to increase your odds. It feels like a complete waste of time and on top of that I waste 4 hours not being able to use my gear when I get nothing out of it. Fine if its very rare to get one but I shouldn't have to be forced not to use my gear when I want to play.

Also the bell curve has nothing to do with this. If you really understand what it means you wouldn't post this link. Unless you mean high performer is someone who spends a lot of plat to upgrade their stuff until they get exceptional gems. If so then the game has truly become pay to win. Yes I understand that STS needs to make money. But I don't feel like wasting my plat on upgrading my gear when I could spend it on combo, and/or luck elixr to farm. Or buying speed and damage elixir for timed runs etc. Or spending plat on the next mythic pet. These are things I find enjoyable, I don't find it enjoyable to spend plat to buy off the timer on the same chance I would get otherwise. For me this crafting and upgrading is starting to ruin the game and many people I talk to complain about this. And I'm not looking forward to next season with possibly new mythics and having to go through this frustration all over again.

bhutkeyur
12-09-2013, 04:46 AM
Gem should be placed in gear instantly but making gem should take time like 12 hours etc. Make gems non tradeable - i think it will solve this problem.
Low level player make money by selling those gems. Without lepre thats the only way they can make money. Thats downside of that above change.

CrushOverride
12-09-2013, 03:35 PM
I have had at least 2 items in crafting for resocketing at all times, many times 5 items, over 100 gems used and only 1 +6 upgrade. Its broken.

Sage south
12-09-2013, 08:27 PM
But you see this is exactly why they have the timer at 12 hours...do you not think it's just a coincidence? Of course they know that people sleep about 8 hours a day, so they make the timer longer than that to make people use plat. They'd only change this if practically the whole community blew a fuse on this.

KingMartin
12-10-2013, 01:11 AM
I am spending about 10 gems a day. For the five last days I got nothing and although I don't mind the time (12 hours is nothing if you are a working person) I am starting to feel sorry for the lost gold. With chance probably deep below 5% (I think rather 2%) it's not as much fun as it seemed to be. I don't feel myself to be forced to pay plat for this because I don't mind having some gear out of order for 12 hours. But the rarity is a bit too high for my taste.

conradev
12-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Solution: Start Using Plat

/

Sorcerie
12-10-2013, 04:34 PM
One of my guild members dropped 600 plat on re-gemming and got nothing.

Needless to say it's not a cool system.

gorgadeth
12-10-2013, 07:10 PM
I really think sts should make the items your upgrading useable at the same time. I mean judging off of what I seen lately about the amount of re slotting it takes to get an exceptional gem is kind of ridiculous for non plat users. It could easily take over a month to get fully upgraded with no platinum upgrading your items for 24hrs a day... I know some of you will just say " play then when your about to sleep start upgrading" yes I'm aware of this. But Like most of us i am trying to get fully upgraded ASAP without platinum usage because i already bought 1.7k plats for this new event and only got 2 exceptional gems. This would cost me hundreds of dollars to fully upgrade so I decided to take the extremely long way. I'm not a millionaire in real life... I understand sts needs to make $ but I doubt it would affect their buisiness because players will still buy platinums to upgrade faster. I just want to be able to play the game instead of logging off then back on in 12hrs to re slot again for 12hrs.

What do you guys think ?

Yes i think its a had ive been trying 2 get supergem on the same slot 4 2 weeks now still nothing sure you guys have 2 make money but u dont have 2 go that far and now u guys come up with a new way of making gems now we have 2 reslot evrything jst 2 upgrade them more with those tarlok gem it was a waste of time and effort let alone paying real money jst 2 put the normal gems in and also ive been playing this game 4 a whole year now and ive spent like over 1000 real dollers 2 open chest 4 arcane items still nothing and players ive seen are new 1s thy have the full monty arcane hammer ,arcane pets all at the same time that is really frustraiting or is it that im unlucky very unhappy space time studios

gorgadeth
12-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Yes i think the gem thing is a had cos ive been trying normal gems on 1 item 4 2 weeks now , i still have no supergem, and now thy have brought out the new tarlok gems wot a waste of time and effort on slotting the normal gems ,cos u have 2 replace the normal or exeptional gems with the tarlok gems

gorgadeth
12-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Let alone ive spent real money on them all 4 nothing i rekon

gorgadeth
12-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Im a unhappy player at the moment love the game thou

Rubenmagkalas
12-12-2013, 10:21 PM
12 hours resocketing is very long and frustrating.
Effect is i sacrifice my pvp time playing.
Coz im not on my gears.
And if u do resocket do it 5of5 to save time and for me its a better chance even though i didnt experienced a good luck doing it.
I feel frustrated now.
12 hours is long.
Cheap gem=many will upgrade=minimal chance of super gem=u cry after 12 hours=try it again=a wasted day u that u didnt play normal.
Its like opening a crate.
I like the idea of upgrading coz it makes a a difference in stats depends on the number of super gems.
But i dont like how the upgrading process goes.
cant do both pvp&upgrading.
takes too much of time.

Chaim Nail
12-13-2013, 08:19 AM
The hours & days needed to wait for the gem upgrades is quite ridiculous, I can appreciate it takes time to craft the initial gem, but another 8 hours without your item to upgrade it with the first gem & then 24 to upgrade the second gem?? Really?

The waiting time for the upgrades & resocketing should be heavily reduced or eliminated.

And one time i got an invite to a dungeon and it wouldn't let me in unless I paid 3 plat. WTF?