PDA

View Full Version : Mage shield bug

Robhawk
11-22-2013, 05:52 AM
This happens often:

You charg your shield, even hold this charge f.e. 5 seconds and in the moment you release the button you see the animation but there is no shield, there is no 2 seconds invu, there is just nothing happening related to the shield... In PvP this means GG!
I tried it in tdm with another player (Lissil) and it happened just more than 50% !!! There was no stun/panic or anything but the shield is not there!

This also NOT related to "not fully charged skills"...

hozukreti
11-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Yes, this happened to me some time

keikali
11-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Happens to me also and I wasn't PvPing, more like running into a clash of mobs in KM3 with heavy archers on me and expecting a shield to come up only to end up dirt napping.

Gorecaster
11-24-2013, 08:31 PM
hmm, I havn't noticed this yet, but I've only been running shield for a couple days now. I get weird glitches like sometimes my skill will disappear off my skill map and when my pets level I sort of lock up for about 3 seconds w no attack/skill and can only move in one direction.

Nesox
11-26-2013, 01:54 AM
hmm, I havn't noticed this yet, but I've only been running shield for a couple days now. I get weird glitches like sometimes my skill will disappear off my skill map and when my pets level I sort of lock up for about 3 seconds w no attack/skill and can only move in one direction.

Yes any time a pet levels when you have a skill charging the directional control ceases to funtion until you release the spell.

Robhawk
01-23-2014, 07:06 AM
Any news here? Could any dev perhaps at least confirm this?
While playin tdm yesterday it was VEERY annoying to see this shield happening like 50% of the time.

PLS FIX THIIIIIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoardseeker
01-23-2014, 07:10 AM
Happened to me in elites just think when you are running into elite mobs and casting shield and Oops! your shield not casted! And go and get 1Death -_-

Raymond05
01-23-2014, 07:16 AM
This has happened to me too many times now when running elites. I thought it was just my ping but hmm... maybe not. Please fix this glitch.

Madnex
01-23-2014, 07:38 AM
Same thing happens with time shift. Sometimes when you release either of those skills while you're trying to spam normal attacks (not skills), it just doesn't show up. The reload begins and mana is reduced though, so it certainly thrown.

Raymond05
01-23-2014, 08:41 AM
^ Yes. It works almost all sorc skills... It has happened to me when using fireball, clock, ice and shield. I don't know if it bugs all sorc skills but it has occured to me at times. Not very often but when it does, it is really annoying.

Hoardseeker
01-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Same thing happens with time shift. Sometimes when you release either of those skills while you're trying to spam normal attacks (not skills), it just doesn't show up. The reload begins and mana is reduced though, so it certainly thrown.
This too

Madnex
01-23-2014, 10:12 PM
I think all of those skills and especially the arcane shield and time shift have a considerable lag from the moment you throw until they activate. I discovered with a war(through a rather painful way) in PvP that there's a short 1 second when throwing those skills and if you get stunned/startled exactly in that the skill effect disappears, along with your mana and ability to reuse it before another full reload.

Charge > Realease > Mana Reduction/Reload Timer Reset > Actual Skill Effect
So basically I'm saying it's possible for these skills to be interrupted and rendered completely useless. No need to say what this does to sorc survivability.

Bless
01-25-2014, 10:54 AM
This happens with a lot of skills.

When I use charged heal and someone stuns at the same time, my heal doesn't show and skill is in cd

Robhawk
01-26-2014, 08:04 AM
Sts

doooo ssoommeeetzhhiiiinnnnngggg !!!!!!!!!!!!

Robhawk
01-31-2014, 02:37 AM
The most important skill for a mage in PVP and also PVE is broken AND NOBODY CARES ?

Its not even confirmed?

R U SERIOUS?

Instanthumor
01-31-2014, 02:57 AM
If it were up to me, I'd make the shield last the whole 15 seconds. No matter what. Now watch some rogue come here and rant!

Giuewek
01-31-2014, 03:01 AM
It's the same with all the skills of your stunned charging them

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

Zylx
01-31-2014, 04:05 AM
I havent had any problems...

Robhawk
02-06-2014, 07:58 AM
It's the same with all the skills of your stunned charging them

The funny thing is there is no need of a stun or something else... We tested it, me in red team and another mage in blue team... We casted charged shields at the same time without shooting/pets and the result was like 5/10 times 1 of us had no shield, you heared the sound butr there was no shield... lol