PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Ao3 Map 3 (Captive Audience - Tpaxx)

Ellyidol
11-14-2010, 06:02 AM
Hi just wanna share my feedback on map 3 after 1.5

With rushing, map 3 used to be the "free" map to rush a boss. ie no armor pots required, just a few bears.

Now with no rushing it seems to be the most tedious map to do. Consequently tpaxx drops are being more and more overpriced since less of them are coming in vs the other items at par with them. (Wraith void vs power armor/cosmos robe, overlord rift helm vs other cosmos/void overlord). New android players who will eventually reach end game won't help with the demand for those items either.

What I think may be the problem is the structure of map 3. Compared to the other maps where clearing on route to the boss is enough to spawn it, map 3 requires clearing of practically the whole map. Unlike other maps too with one linear flow, map 3 is pretty much a circle with brances to little rooms.

Might I suggest a rework of the structure (this might take awhile or be tedious too) or just simply reduce the number of mobs needed to spawn tpaxx from being the whole map, to being the route to him?

Also maybe the Tpaxx in victory lap actually drop the same as map 3?

Prices for the other equivalent items of the Wraith void and overlord rift are pretty decent for me. Prices dropping, but stabilising. Its the tpaxx drops (wraith especially) which are being so overpriced.

Hope its possible. Thanks.

icantgetkills
11-14-2010, 06:55 AM
Yes we cleared that level until 28 guys or something left then he spawned we killed like 100 enimies it was pathetic :( hope they do fix good thread elly..

Ellyidol
11-14-2010, 07:07 AM
Is the spawn number 28? If I remember correctly wasn't it 15? :D

Lesrider
11-14-2010, 07:37 AM
We left a guy in the boss room to tell us exactly when tpaxx spawned. It was at 14. That was the first and last time I did that level since the update. I went and bought a Wraith the next day so I never have to care about those prices again.

So where are all the rushcrusher lovers now? They still happy? They like that it takes an hour to clear a level and then get a purple to liquidate? Do they also like the 800k price tag on the Wraith in the shop (and probably climbing since no one is farming anymore).

Like I said, I got mine now and never plan to farm a Wraith. I just feel bad for my friends who still need it and the price doubled overnight.

Ellyidol
11-14-2010, 07:40 AM
Corrected, 14 then. :) Yeah I only occasionally go through it now, with friends as a good team. No more just joining whoever to try and get it done. Which sucks tbh, especially since its a global game and friends from all over. Their playtime = my sleep and vice versa.

That new android market is gonna be mostly bear IMO. Mages aren't really that good as a start, void gear too expensive, so only choice left is a bear. lol

Lesrider
11-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Oh I should mention that the team we started with had changed at least 4-5 times by the time we got Tpaxx to spawn. People kept giving up because it took too long. The map is filled with yellow aliens, and you have to search the whole map to clear them all. Like Elly said, at the very very minimum, you should only have to clear the path to the boss.

I would love if the victory lap tpaxx dropped the same items. As it stands, it's a waste to even have him there -- the only people who farm him are those who don't know his drops are significantly rarer than the level 3 tpaxx. Why should this be, if all the other bosses don't have this problem?

Haikus
11-14-2010, 09:41 AM
We left a guy in the boss room to tell us exactly when tpaxx spawned.
That guy was me!:)

FluffNStuff
11-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Go left and kill the dead end blues, then go right but stop before the first yellow. Now double back and clear up the middle, the jailiors, the adds in tpax room, and the blues on the top right. Doing that ensures the 14 left are just yellows.

Riccits
11-14-2010, 12:05 PM
so in shop wraith is now 1200000... lol
simplyer would be make drop tpaxx in vl same loots as in lvl 3? devs, what do u say?

TheLaw
11-14-2010, 09:41 PM
I think it would be easier if the drop rates increased =/ I'm sick of wanting to buy a piece of Void Leather, plus the price is soaring too high. So I gotta farm it myself ==

smoae
11-14-2010, 09:57 PM
tpaxx doesnt drop as good as gear in victory lap? does this go for any other bosses too?

FluffNStuff
11-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Is that confirmed. 20+ rushes in a row before the nerf and tpax in ao3:3 looks like he has trash loot. Rare is just that, rare.

Orei
11-14-2010, 10:45 PM
The drop rates for void armor is good as it is now. You are probably unlucky. Have some patience.

The team im with got 2 void armor, 3 wings, 1 mega blaster over few hours hunt last 2 nights.

But there are some unlucky nights where we get nothing.

Lesrider
11-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Orei, were those wraiths from level 3 tpaxx or victory lap?

Orei
11-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Victory. Good luck to all of us.

Lesrider
11-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Thanks, nice to know. People have been saying it doesn't drop there, so it's nice to know it does.

Ellyidol
11-14-2010, 11:00 PM
It doesn't drop anything in Victory Lap. It has the same loot table as a Lorekeeper. Not unless I see a picture of it actually dropping it, I still think it doesn't. Countless runs for our team and not even a pink drop, not even a trashy one.

gl0c
11-14-2010, 11:05 PM
so what do you guys consider doing then? the one from victory lap or on captive audience, I myself have only seen green lvl drops from victory lap but i guess we were just unlucky, haven't tried Ao3:3 yet

Ellyidol
11-14-2010, 11:12 PM
I still prefer and suggest doing Map 3. I too haven't seen anything more than a purple drop in the VL Tpaxx. I've gotten all its rares from map 3.

Lesrider
11-14-2010, 11:14 PM
So Orei, any proof by any chance?

Lesrider
11-14-2010, 11:15 PM
And that brings us back to map 3 being tediously long and boring since the update...

gl0c
11-14-2010, 11:20 PM
I still prefer and suggest doing Map 3. I too haven't seen anything more than a purple drop in the VL Tpaxx. I've gotten all its rares from map 3.

cool good to know, I might as well try map 3 then and hope to get void

Riccits
11-15-2010, 02:59 AM
The drop rates for void armor is good as it is now. You are probably unlucky. Have some patience.

The team im with got 2 void armor, 3 wings, 1 mega blaster over few hours hunt last 2 nights.

But there are some unlucky nights where we get nothing.

It doesn't drop anything in Victory Lap. It has the same loot table as a Lorekeeper. Not unless I see a picture of it actually dropping it, I still think it doesn't. Countless runs for our team and not even a pink drop, not even a trashy one.

so what is true now..????

Ellyidol
11-15-2010, 03:31 AM
so what is true now..????

I'm pretty convinced that it doesn't drop. Unless I see proof that I'm totally wrong, I really believe it doesn't drop anything. I hope I'm wrong!

maneut
11-15-2010, 03:34 AM
I'm pretty convinced that it doesn't drop. Unless I see proof that I'm totally wrong, I really believe it doesn't drop anything. I hope I'm wrong!

I agreed with Ellyidol, unless someone else EVER got a Wraith Void from the Tpaxx in Victory Lap...

Its plain painful for anyone who wants a void armor now.. Devs please at least let the Tpaxx in Victory Lap have a chance to drop even if it's rare :(??

Riccits
11-15-2010, 04:00 AM

i belive it too that doesnt drop. he drops like the alien bosses => rift axe and sword. someone confirmed me that he got that.
if someons se it drop plz post a screeny :)

krazii
11-15-2010, 09:48 AM
I have personally gotten Sunblessed Bow from Tpaxx in VL and seen plasma axe drop on someone else. That's why I think he's got same table as Lore in lvl 2