PDA

View Full Version : Last seen status

Karenadia
11-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Hi. I want to suggest feature for guild member browsing. Can you add feature like seeing how long a member has been offline for eg.
Last seen 120days 4hours.
Last seen 23 hours.
Last seen 3days 2hours.
With this feature we can improve the guild performance. Member who is inactive for long time can be removed by the master/officers from guild without making wrong decision.
This feature will also makes guild member to be more responsible for login in to say hello. :) unless he/she want to be removed from guild.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Zylx
11-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Great idea, but try to imagine the thousands of toons people have created since launch, and also thousands of timers keeping track of all those toons. Server performance would certainly change.

Jenvy
11-23-2013, 04:02 AM
Great idea, but try to imagine the thousands of toons people have created since launch, and also thousands of timers keeping track of all those toons. Server performance would certainly change.

A minute-by-minute timer would for each individual would indeed be difficult, yes. Server speed would definitely take a huge hit.

That said, you can perform an extremely similar 'days inactive' function with a very simple algorithm.

Basically, you'd create counters for each character that increment server-wide at a certain time (say 6AM EST). When a player logs in, the character's counter would reset to zero.

The counter could then be displayed as a statistic in one's public profile and beneath a char's name in the social tab. Wouldn't take up much server space at all. It's essentially just a big array of changeable integers.

I don't know what programming tools STS is using, so I can't presume to know how they go about writing new programs/code, but I'd estimate it would be no more than a week's worth of work, + testing, + approval, +implementation.

Karenadia
01-07-2014, 04:00 AM
Lets say using 'last login' could be easier. When the player login just save a tiny number in the database. That should solve this. That will work not much different than 'last seen'
So it looks just like this
Last login 3 days ago.
Last login 2 hours ago.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Prahasit Prahi
01-08-2014, 06:55 AM
Well its better logged in that much hr or days its tough

It would be good if it's like whats app everyone know how it works

Eg:Last seen today at 4:30pm
Last seen yesterday at 9:45pm
Last seen on 06/01/2014 at 12:15pm
:)

How's it?

Maunyabastian
01-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Use the date and the time; Such as:
Player A's latest log in on March, 26th 2013 at 12:55 PM.
So it'll be:

[X] A - Level 1 Rogue . . . . . Last log in on: 03-26-2013 at 12:55 PM
|Party Invite| . . . . . . . . |Join| . . . . . . . . |Message| . . . . . . . . |Remove|

Or something like that. :tongue:

bhutkeyur
01-08-2014, 11:46 PM
Nice idea - every mmo must have it.