PDA

View Full Version : Favorite skill?

Simulated
11-23-2013, 01:42 AM
Greetings

I am just curious on what all of you sorcerers out there consider to be your favorite skill and why?

Decisions can be based on damage, looks, use, or any other reason you can come up with.

On a side note I have decided to leave my sorcerer at level 5.
What skill do you all recommend for twinking at level 5?

I would only have 4 skill points so I am not exactly sure if I should prioritize one skill, or put a point in 4 skills.

*IGN : Simulated

noneo
11-23-2013, 08:53 AM
I can only speak for PVE, but I am a huge fan of fireball. It does AOE damage on impact, can burn DOT with upgrades, stuns the mobs so they don't attack (even archers ), also the burn feature stops the mobs from getting blasted around when someone lays down a Gale Force.

It also helps with mob control during bosses.

For me, it is always the first charged skill I run into a group with.

Simulated
11-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Thank you for your feedback. I agree with you, fireball is an amazing skill that can always be put to use.

Nesox
11-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Most essetial is Fireball. Second would be TS for pve. Favorite is Curse, however. Nothing beats a good death bed revenge kill. :)

Alhuntrazeck
11-23-2013, 11:16 PM
For PvP, I guess shield. Let's face it, you won't survive very long without it!

And for your sorc, I'd say fire-curse-shield with the invulnerability upgrade on shield.

bhutkeyur
11-27-2013, 05:01 AM
Fan of Fireball

Uikuha
11-27-2013, 05:51 AM
Heal? ;)

Simulated
11-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Heal is nice because I can help alleviate rogues from running out of mana so often, and in general save players pots, and possibly save their lives. My thing with heal is that it takes up a spot which can be another offensive skill. I have been running fireball,clock (or curse), shield and heal. One thing I have noticed is that I leave a gap in my damage due to cool downs. I have been considering changing heal out for frost or gale. Anyone have suggestions?

Spyce
11-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Curse hands down.
It deals damage to your enemies when they attack.
What's better then that?!

Otahaanak
11-28-2013, 02:34 AM
For me it's Frost. I don't use shield or heal, so freezing enemy mobs is crucial for me. And frozen enemies held by clock sizzle and I enjoy the sound :-)

Sceazikua
11-28-2013, 10:50 AM
-Heal is not so good. Lets say the pots, each gives you about 30% of max mana/health. 1500 for 100 pots (I mean without discount from tarven/guild hall), each will only cost you 15 gold, and mana will cost you 9 gold each. Heal has 15 seconds cooldown, so I dont think anyone will expect you to heal them every 15 seconds because they dont have 45 gold for pots :) About the amount, mage's heal seems to have the worst out of all 3 classes. Warrior has shield, and heal over time is good in some situations which means you dont have to use it at very low health to be most effective. Rogue has 3 packs and 30% hp each, which will get higher for higher max hp. Sorc only has more mana added, but the mana pots are cheap as mentioned.

My personal best skills are Time Shift and Fire ball. No need to argue that fireball is the skill for all mage, and time shift with root will do the job very well because we can laugh at the mobs being attacked outranged :)

Newcomx
11-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Frost..

Simulated
11-30-2013, 05:09 AM
How do you use frost? Which upgrades?

Guidedseeker
11-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Guys , Is frost a worthy spell to have? for both PVE and PVP

Gorecaster
11-30-2013, 08:10 PM
The thing with all this talk is it simply boils down to what you like and how you run your fight. Whats awesome for me might be lame to you. Sherrif loves curse, many people don't, heal, great skill in reg maps but for elites? Nope. Gale is my least favorite of all skills but when utilized properly, the results can be devastating. I've tried them all and try to apply my skills to not only whats going to benefit just me, but my party as well. And no, heal isn't the only way a sorc can benefit the pt. Its all trial and error.

branniac7
12-01-2013, 03:25 PM
The best skill for a sorcerer is gale force with speed of wind. Its a must if u want to get rich. Especially in times when those stupid noobs think that they get more locked crates when they're the only one in the aeea. Gale helps you reach jarl. Warriors have smash and rogues have that dash. Its also the best skill for flagging. But i hate to be in a party where theres another mage that has gale fully upgraded. It gets mobs scattered like crazy and i hate it coz instead of hitting a lot of mobs, i can only hit 2 or 3 with fireball coz of a fully upgraded gale. Damn!

branniac7
12-01-2013, 03:41 PM
-Heal is not so good. Lets say the pots, each gives you about 30% of max mana/health. 1500 foor 100 pots (I mean without discount from tarven/guild hall), each will only cost you 15 gold, and mana will cost you 9 gold each. Heal has 15 seconds cooldown, so I dont think anyone will expect you to heal them every 15 seconds because they dont have 45 gold for pots :) About the amount, mage's heal seems to have the worst out of all 3 classes. Warrior has shield, and heal over time is good in some situations which means you dont have to use it at very low health to be most effective. Rogue has 3 packs and 30% hp each, which will get higher for higher max hp. Sorc only has more mana added, but the mana pots are cheap as mentioned.

My personal best skills are Time Shift and Fire ball. No need to argue that fireball is the skill for all mage, and time shift with root will do the job very well because we can laugh at the mobs being attacked outranged :)

Exactly!

As for me who tried different skill sets, i love my current one.

Fireball - no scorch
Frost - 3 secs and the freeze? 1st one i think
Heal - mana only
Shield - without displacement
Gale - speed of wind only
Light - all
Might - 5
Knowledge - 5
Damage - 5

For pvp or party with another mage, shield, light, fireball, frost

Party with only me as sorc, shield, heal, frost, fireball

Gale only used for flagging and hunting locked.

Hauntlet, fire, frost, gale no charge, lightning. Finished the 90 secs with this.

For me this build is the most versatile and balanced but we play with different styles. This is just my opinion.

Newcomx
12-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Frost is very useful in elite, it prevent draining tank health too fast..

Newcomx
12-01-2013, 10:58 PM
How do you use frost? Which upgrades?

Frost 5

Nesox
12-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Guys , Is frost a worthy spell to have? for both PVE and PVP

Yes and Yes, depending on your style. For elites having fire, ice, and TS works very well for crowd control as well as damage. I alternate a fire stun in one location and then an ice stun in another to keep more enimies constantly stunned. For example drop TS to catch the main body of a mob and then alternate above and below with fire and ice to control any outliers that you might have missed.

For pvp ice does more damage than fireball so ice, light, curse, shield works well for a damage build. Fireball seems to be on the fritz lately and likes to miss entirely so I don't trust the stun as I used to.

Dont go past 4/5 on frost. The damaging nearby enemies is to infrequent to be worth the point.

For the OP I responded with Curse as a favorite based on "fun" not necessarily most useful. Fireball and TS are the most critical for pve. Shield for pvp.

Simulated
12-03-2013, 02:30 AM
Does the shields invincibility work in pvp?

Instanthumor
12-03-2013, 02:36 AM
Does the shields invincibility work in pvp?

Of course, lol.

I'd have to say, Frost is pretty darn OP.