PDA

View Full Version : Wha...? How/why do people do this?

CanonicalKoi
11-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Looking at folks around Balefort today and I saw a level 48 tank with 859 kills? How do you actually play the game and get numbers like that? In comparison, a level 26 Mage nearby had 2,362 kills and I've got 8,475 on my level 47 birdie. Lots of leveling potions? Trail higher-level folks in high XP areas early on? Isn't actually playing and contributing to a team more fun? (shakes head sadly) I just don't get it. Or is this the "Mynas Generation" you more experienced folk mention?

xera
11-14-2010, 12:28 PM
leeching or not actually attacking

Silverage
11-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Exp potions can also be factored in, but yes, leeching is probably the cause.

Fyrce
11-15-2010, 01:52 AM
LOL, You found a Mynas Gen person prob. Powerleveled all the way.

I stopped looking at deaths when I got like a thousand in Ao3. Hehe.

gwippy
11-15-2010, 01:58 AM
For starters it is possible theoretically but highly improbable that this person didn't boost at tombs of mynas but how didn't after getting my first character to 45 i got another two up as well and they have only 4000kills ish.... i miss tombs of mynas *sigh*

setec
11-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Could be that char is the player's second or third or more and he didn't want to have to grind again to that level over a long period of time. I wouldn't jump right to accusations of leeching.

gl0c
11-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Could be that char is the player's second or third or more and he didn't want to have to grind again to that level over a long period of time. I wouldn't jump right to accusations of leeching.

it's still leeching no matter how you look at it, but you never know if that's his/her first or second char

aldoric
11-15-2010, 02:19 AM
What you all have said is valid but I know many tanks who have very little kills and do not leech. The reason this being is tanks do not do much damage and it is a lot harder to get kills unless you kill farm.

Ellyidol
11-15-2010, 02:34 AM
Same with me. I have a 50 Mage with just 4.5k kills. Mostly power levelled but that's my 3rd toon. First one only has 12k but leveled properly :p

Fyrce
11-15-2010, 06:05 AM
800 is really low at level 48, even for a tank. However, I'm not sure powerleveling is necessarily bad if that's how people want to play. I don't like the ones at high levels who know nothing about the game or their skills, but that's not necessarily saying that all powerlevelers fall into this category. There were plenty of people running Mynas who knew lots about the game. So it wasn't inherently evil :)

knockk
11-15-2010, 02:29 PM
what was their death count? possibly someone working on k/d ratio?

CanonicalKoi
11-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Just under 300 deaths as I recall. I can see mages having low kills/high deaths--a lot of the work is more support/defensive than offensive and getting one-hit really skews the old kills to deaths ratio. And my bird having high-ish kill numbers makes sense--I can kill stuff before the fighter can even get to it. As someone pointed out if he's a pure tankity-tank, mainly drawing aggro and with a high DPS/no proc weapon, that makes more sense. The numbers just took me aback a bit.

Snakespeare
11-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Back when they first made Zyla's Lounge (the hidden passage) I found a place where, if you put a raw level 1 there, in an hour it would become a level 19 with zero kills and zero deaths. I deleted it, of course. That has been nerfed.

I really don't like leeches. They sometimes show up in Zyla's when I'm gold farming. When they do that, the amount of gold I'm farming drops to less than half! And there is no way to boot them. I have to rile up the bad guys and then stand next to the leech. After I do that a few times, he leaves.

Kossi
11-15-2010, 05:28 PM
leeches. .