PDA

View Full Version : Consider reducing re-socketing time to 8 to 10 hours

falmear
11-24-2013, 02:44 PM
If you want to re-socket an existing gem it takes 12 hours. I'm re-socketing all my gear at once so for 12 hours I'm out of commission. So I do this before going to bed. However in the morning I usually like to get some play time in before work. But now its like I cant play for 4 hours either in the evening or in the morning. Depending on when I re-socket the gems to try and get a superior bond. I think something like 8 to 10 hours is reasonable. I think you want people to play more and not less. So please consider reducing the amount of time it takes to re-socket a gem because right now I feel like its too long and while I understand it shouldn't happen right away. With 10 hours for example, realistically its really no different then 12 since you can only attempt to re-socket twice a day. I'd like to see 8 hours, but would be happy with 10 hours too. Thanks.

basketholic209
11-24-2013, 03:02 PM
I second this. 8-hour time is reasonable, since it is a normal human's sleep duration :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Pandamoni
11-24-2013, 03:26 PM
I agree that this would be reasonable. As it is I was playing much less over the past few days. I'm considering resocketing my bow and that will take me out for another day.

Energizeric
11-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Good idea. I agree.

I don't mind the long wait for the second and third gem since you only have to do this once for each piece of gear. But you may want to re-socket many times in order to try to get a super gem, and all this will do is make me play less. Unlike some players, most of us cannot afford the high plat prices to speed up the process. So instead we will just wait and not play as much.

falmear
11-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Lets give them a chance to review the upgrade system now that its live. I am fine with everything except waiting 12 hours to re-socket. Yeah it was painful waiting 3 days to upgrade my gear. But now thats done, I can focus on playing again. But now I feel like I have to work around this 12 hour window. And I do understand time vs money argument so I am okay with waiting some period of time to re-socket. But 12 hours is too long. I'd like to see it down to 8 hours. The chances to re-socket to superior is rather low so an 8 hour window is fairly reasonable in my mind.

keikali
11-24-2013, 05:53 PM
8 Hour window is great. It gives alot of people like me who wake up about to go to work, but before hand log in and check on sales/sockets etc. By the time I'm done with work, dinner, settled with everything and I go to enjoy AL, everything would have been completed.

Zeus
11-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Lets give them a chance to review the upgrade system now that its live. I am fine with everything except waiting 12 hours to re-socket. Yeah it was painful waiting 3 days to upgrade my gear. But now thats done, I can focus on playing again. But now I feel like I have to work around this 12 hour window. And I do understand time vs money argument so I am okay with waiting some period of time to re-socket. But 12 hours is too long. I'd like to see it down to 8 hours. The chances to re-socket to superior is rather low so an 8 hour window is fairly reasonable in my mind.

I think that the very reasons that you are stating are the exact reasons why they made it 12 hours. Most people do not sleep for 12 hours, so that still leaves a period of four hours or so for them to go without gear. It's within these 4 hours that they want to get people to spend platinum.

If they made it 8 hours, what good would that do STG? A person would just need to go to bed on time and when they wake up, they have gear.

falmear
11-24-2013, 07:46 PM
I think that the very reasons that you are stating are the exact reasons why they made it 12 hours. Most people do not sleep for 12 hours, so that still leaves a period of four hours or so for them to go without gear. It's within these 4 hours that they want to get people to spend platinum.

If they made it 8 hours, what good would that do STG? A person would just need to go to bed on time and when they wake up, they have gear.

If they made it 8 to 10 hours, I could use my gear and spend my plat in other ways. And I do. So I'd rather enjoy the game farming then standing around waiting for a timer to count to zero. People who really want a superior bonded gem faster can spend plat. The game shouldn't discourage you from playing.

Haligali
11-25-2013, 06:36 AM
Play with your other character then, i think 12 hour is fine, just pls dont make it longer like the 24 and 48 hour upgrades.

chitgoks
11-25-2013, 06:53 AM
i guess one reason why they did this is to let other players catch up in pve or pvp kill count

Zeus
11-25-2013, 11:24 AM
If they made it 8 to 10 hours, I could use my gear and spend my plat in other ways. And I do. So I'd rather enjoy the game farming then standing around waiting for a timer to count to zero. People who really want a superior bonded gem faster can spend plat. The game shouldn't discourage you from playing.

I've been running fine with Hellish gear. Just use some other cheap gear in the meantime. Other MMOs have this same option in place & they don't even allow players to buy off the timer. So, just pretend that the plat option doesn't exist & just play - even if it means spending a little bit more on potions.

Jenvy
11-25-2013, 11:44 AM

I've said it before. This is flawed reasoning in terms of basic business acumen. Restrictive incentives don't garner the sales that positive incentives do. They just generate frustration.

I guarantee you that they'd make more money by shortening these really long timers to 4-8 hrs and putting in a '5 plat' and '10 plat' options that increase the likelihood of getting a super bond (10 would be a better chance than 5).

falmear
11-25-2013, 01:56 PM
I've been running fine with Hellish gear. Just use some other cheap gear in the meantime. Other MMOs have this same option in place & they don't even allow players to buy off the timer. So, just pretend that the plat option doesn't exist & just play - even if it means spending a little bit more on potions.

Just because hellish works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone. Not every class is the same nor is their equipment. Since every MMO doesn't allow you to buy off the timer you've established that AL doesn't have to be like every other MMO. So I don't see any issue reducing the time to between 8 and 10 hours.

Zeus
11-25-2013, 02:25 PM
I've said it before. This is flawed reasoning in terms of basic business acumen. Restrictive incentives don't garner the sales that positive incentives do. They just generate frustration.

I guarantee you that they'd make more money by shortening these really long timers to 4-8 hrs and putting in a '5 plat' and '10 plat' options that increase the likelihood of getting a super bond (10 would be a better chance than 5).

At the same time, it would also alienate free players because all plat users would have super bonds. The way it is set up right now, even most platinum users have a very rare chance at super bonding their top gear.

@Falmear
I am aware that every class is not the same. However, I do know other players that are mages and are able to run fine with downgraded gear. How does the rest of the AL population run without mythics? Not every player is mythic geared, Falmear.

Please note that I said other and not every MMO. As you know, the way that STG's business plan works is you either spend time... or you spend money. So, reducing the time factor would only end up in less customers.

How many people do you actually see spamming their way through exceptional gems? I'd say a very select amount of people.

Alfai
11-26-2013, 08:26 AM
*equipping pyjamas

Going to bed now.see you gears.....
Zzzz....

Crescentwind
11-26-2013, 08:58 AM
*equipping pyjamas

Going to bed now.see you gears.....
Zzzz....

Rofl.. does your pajamas have super gem in it? xD

I agree to this thread.. +1

falmear
11-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Sadly this is pretty boring waiting. I hope they take this request seriously because I'm not the only one it seems.

Foebegone
11-26-2013, 02:58 PM
The values are 3 a day, 2 a day, 1 a day and 1 in 2 days. This is to withhold fulfilment and is a psychological phenomena and increases pleasure. To shorten resocketing to 8h would need all other levels moving too.

Nesox
11-26-2013, 11:40 PM
I don't mind the paying for "benefits" model that AL has always used but I refuse to play a game with the "pay to play" model, which is how I view the plat timer bypass option. As such I will never spend plat on the timer. I fully understand that the 12hour timer is supposed to generate frustration in order to have people pay for it to go away, but for my schedule the twelve hour clock doesn't fit. For me personally this effectively makes the refit an 18-24hour timer. With my gear in the shop I have barely touched the game for the last four days; signing on mostly to keep up with guild news. If I found playing with cut rate secondary gear "fun" then I would have had no reason to spend so much money seeking mythics.

I am finding my addiction (read: my propensity to spend plat) fades quickly when forcefully weened. I can only imagine what another week or two off refitting will do for myself and the general population......

An 8 hour timer would be better.

basketholic209
11-27-2013, 04:03 AM
I don't mind the paying for "benefits" model that AL has always used but I refuse to play a game with the "pay to play" model, which is how I view the plat timer bypass option. As such I will never spend plat on the timer. I fully understand that the 12hour timer is supposed to generate frustration in order to have people pay for it to go away, but for my schedule the twelve hour clock doesn't fit. For me personally this effectively makes the refit an 18-24hour timer. With my gear in the shop I have barely touched the game for the last four days; signing on mostly to keep up with guild news. If I found playing with cut rate secondary gear "fun" then I would have had no reason to spend so much money seeking mythics.

I am finding my addiction (read: my propensity to spend plat) fades quickly when forcefully weened. I can only imagine what another week or two off refitting will do for myself and the general population......

An 8 hour timer would be better.

Very well said. Hope STG would put some attention to this issue.

12-hour timer:
1. Heavy plat users will use plats to speed up the process.
2. Moderate and non plat users will never use plats (knowing that the chance of getting exceptional gems are quite slim). As time goes, some will give up due to boredom of waiting.

8-hour timer:
1. Heavy plat users will still use plats to speed up the process.
2. Moderate and non plat users will still not use plats, but at least, they can do the upgrades during sleeping time.

So, I still feel that 8-hour timer will still be more advantageous for STG than 12-hour one, as it will avoid the quitting of some players.

As for running with hellish gears, yes I agree that we can still do "fine", but still it doesn't feel the same as running with our best gears.

Just my $0.02.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk