PDA

View Full Version : Is it allowed to donate to Spacetime Studios?

Xvanitykingx
11-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Im not sure if it's safe to ask the question in the title but I'm asking it anyway!
(This is a serious question)

In one of Justg's quotes he said:

Yeah that is content, which is very expensive to build.

I was just wondering, how much are we talking about? And is there any possible way we can donate to you guys down at Sts? I would gladly donate money to you if it means new content!

~xvanitykingx

----------------------------
What do you guys think?

IGN Storm
11-25-2013, 01:40 PM
I will gladly pay for new content

Xaotique
11-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Every time you buy plat, do offers or view ads, you are helping provide them with funds to continue. Like any business, they ain't going to blow money where they don't have to, but I highly doubt they're in any need of extra funds.

So, to answer your question .. You could buy plat.

Spyce
11-25-2013, 02:03 PM
You could go to the STG HQ and give them your credit card, house, etc.

Suentous PO
11-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Why are you wasting time asking players what a business they use will do? Guess what it seems like.

Xvanitykingx
11-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Well, it seems that the money they make from the platinum sales, isn't enough to make new content. I'm simply asking if one could donate to them on the side. I mean nothing else by this.

~xvanitykingx

Suentous PO
11-25-2013, 02:31 PM
We are not STG. Why ask us if they will take donations?

Argyros
11-25-2013, 02:33 PM
I dunno, I believe stg would have to setup a donation program first. They would have to be pretty freakin desperate though.

Suentous PO
11-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Ill go out on a limb and guess that a business and a charity are two totally different things that file for different paperwork and file taxes in two seperate ways. So, no, a business can't take money randomly as if they are a charity.

Slant
11-25-2013, 03:21 PM
no. we have already donated enough.
maybe the unspent plat is a smaaallll factor in sts decisions of updates
like the pacing, want them to take their time. every day is pushing the limits of how far a casual mmo can go, and this is a good thing. totally trust in sts to explore new ways to make profitable games. continue doing whatever voodoo they are at. even make tons of other games, because their current approach is an incredible way to increase the longevity of the game.
another way to ask q, which other mmo offers at least one update a year for a long long time?
:D

dudetus
11-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Just buy plat and that's it.

Guess how much paperwork they would have to do if they accepted donations?

Apotheo
11-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Donation connotes charity, why not donate to the Philippine Red Cross for the victims of typhoon Hyan? :D This is business, so you "pay" not donate.

Reunegade
11-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Just buy platinum, that's the only type of legal donation they allow. And you can use the plat to earn back the gold you got "scammed". ;)

Xvanitykingx
11-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Ill go out on a limb and guess that a business and a charity are two totally different things that file for different paperwork and file taxes in two seperate ways. So, no, a business can't take money randomly as if they are a charity.

Could be... If this is the case then I guess we can't :p

Xvanitykingx
11-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Just buy plat and that's it.

Guess how much paperwork they would have to do if they accepted donations?

Right, right.

Xvanitykingx
11-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Just buy platinum, that's the only type of legal donation they allow. And you can use the plat to earn back the gold you got "scammed". ;)

Haha I'm way ahead of that :p
Debit card do your stuff! :D

Worship
11-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Running the servers brings in huge bills, as well as paying all the employees at the HQ's developing the game, supplying feedback and more. Also, having these vast forums up costs money. Even having these games advertised costs loads of cash. It's not like all the money they get goes straight to content.

Sent from my iPhone

GoldCap
11-25-2013, 04:51 PM
So now u wanna make donations to help have them make a new cap? Are trying to show that u have a lot of money Mr Armani ?

Justg
11-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Gonna close this one up, thanks folks!