PDA

View Full Version : Over heating?

Essence
11-14-2010, 07:09 PM
So im new to Pocket Legends, I just started a character yesterday, its a pretty fun and addicting game.

But heres my problem, im playing the game on a HTC Droid Incredible and after maybe fifteen to twenty minutes of gameplay my phone starts becoming pretty heated. My friend tried the game out as well and his device (LG ally (I think) ) started to over heat as well and even got a warning message about it.

Is there any way i can bypass this over heating issue? Or am i just not supposed to really play this game for over twenty minutes at a time..?

Oh, and Iv tried using a task manager and closing out everything before i play but to no success.

Anyone, please review and advise? Thanks ahead of time for anyone who took the time to read of try to assist.

Silverage
11-14-2010, 07:13 PM
I play this on my Droid Incredible as well and I've had no heat issues so far. Yes, the phone does get warm, but as far as I'm concerned that's normal.

ciss
11-14-2010, 07:27 PM
played like 5 hours and no heat, just warm a little (HTC Desire)

Varking
11-14-2010, 08:30 PM
You can download an app called SetCPU and you can tell it once my phone hits a certain degree Celsius or Fahrenheit, to under-clock itself to cool down.

duhchi
11-14-2010, 09:14 PM
You have to be rooted to do setCPU though right?

Futumsh
11-14-2010, 09:25 PM
We'll add an option to reduce framerate if desired to keep devices cooler and reduce battery drain.

Varking
11-14-2010, 09:51 PM
You have to be rooted to do setCPU though right?

Yes, you do need to be rooted. I highly recommend rooting though because of all the stuff you can add. Some ROMs that you can download after root, have this set as a default feature, where they can over or underclock your CPU based on what you are doing at that very moment but none of them have the profile set up like SetCPU does where you can tell it to underclock while over a certain degree, or under a certain amount of battery.

Essence
11-14-2010, 10:25 PM
We'll add an option to reduce framerate if desired to keep devices cooler and reduce battery drain.

Id like that as long as it didnt kill game experience too much, you know? i wouldnt want my game to be choppy or anything due to lower framerates. It would kind of ruin the game for me.

kingotw
11-15-2010, 09:57 AM
I had that Prob the first time I played. It over heated to the point it shut down. Then I just took my case off. Works fine now. Samsung Epic 4G

niterider804
11-15-2010, 10:14 AM
I had that Prob the first time I played. It over heated to the point it shut down. Then I just took my case off. Works fine now. Samsung Epic 4G

I have a Samung Epic 4G and I don't have a case for my phone...the game makes my phone go ridiculously hot. Its even worst if you have the USB Power Connected while trying to play the game. I try to keep my playing time short due to the heat.

Pacifik
11-15-2010, 01:52 PM
As long as it stays under 104*F it'll be fine. It should get warm to the touch after playing a few minutes, my Incredible will hover around 98* after 30 minutes.

addiekai
11-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I play this on my Incredible, and you just have to end all background tasks, lower the WiFi signal strength and also, don't keep the phone charged while playing.

Mine got heated up quite a bit when I first played with my Incredible, but significant improvement after I did the above.

@Futumush : that would be a great option :)

Pacifik
11-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Maybe add battery temp to the battery display in the future. Although using System Panel real quick will bring up all the system info needed.

Lynxy
11-15-2010, 03:28 PM
I can confirm overheating on HTC Incredible. It seems to only happen when battery is plugged in (constant charge/increased discharge from game). Mine got at hot as 49C. No issues when unplugged though

addiekai
11-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Bingo. My findings exactly :)

madamealaina
11-15-2010, 04:47 PM
I have the Samsung Epic as well. Mine doesn't seem to overheat at all. It gets warm but that is fairly standard for any steady usage of the phone.

Kah
11-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Instead of plugging my Evo in I keep a spare battery charged and take a break when my battery is about to die and swap them out. The Evo gets fairly warm, but I wouldn't say hot.

nerdmanpap
11-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Instead of plugging my Evo in I keep a spare battery charged and take a break when my battery is about to die and swap them out. The Evo gets fairly warm, but I wouldn't say hot.

my EVO gets pretty warm when playing the game for 15-20 minutes. at one point i freaked out because i checked my system panel to find my battery temp was 122F. I was playing again this morning and my battery quickly hit 109F before i exited and let it cool off.

this is an awesome game but wow does it really put a load on the battery

Arterra
11-17-2010, 10:12 AM

I hope you mean iPhone too. My hand was BURNING yesterday, and not even with ao3 and the particle animations associated with it.

Futumsh
11-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Yes, anything that's potentially useful for multiple platforms will be available to them all.

Clockcycle
11-17-2010, 10:42 AM
I play on my EVO as well, it does get warm. It gets hotter with a case on. First few times playing I noticed the kickstand was much warmer. Yeap, gets obviously warmer when playing while charging, but it's expected.

I did experience a slight freeze of the game last night, unit became unresponsive, but came back. It may be a result of running Shootme, screen grabber, in the background.

-CC

bfready
11-17-2010, 11:58 AM
What's a good non rooted application to monitor battery or phone temperature?

Pacifik
11-17-2010, 08:37 PM
System panel lite is a good one it has a panel for processes running and another for system info. Displays cpu, battery %/temp, memory and more. It's good for finding a rogue app as well.

marinxy
11-18-2010, 04:37 AM
I've had this overheating problem when on HSDPA connection on my Galaxy S. If I turn off the 3G data network and just play it over wifi I have no overheating problems, you could try this...

cheers!

mod777
12-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Samsung Captivate overheats when plugged in, as well. I even received android system message saying it could not charge battery because of the heat. Battery temperature registered at 129F. Please fix this issue, asap. Killing devices is NOT good.

Justg
12-20-2010, 12:52 PM
The second options screen now offers a Battery Saver option (it will drop frames in order to prolong usage).