PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy?

Florin
11-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Someone tried to give me a code for lots plat and gold. Was very dubious, we went to a secure location, he then got me to unequip everything, then told me to give all my gear to him. At this point I stopped. He said he was a coder for the game and had been given 300 codes by AL to distribute to players to make the game more enjoyable. I asked why his name wasn't in red, he said he didn't like that. He then said he wanted to give me the vanity sets like he was wearing. I said why, if he gave me plat and gold I could buy myself? That was it, I went elsewhere.

Now if I have blown something AL were doing (he stressed I not say anything) I am really sorry. But it didn't feel right.

Whilst I'm here, where is the Lower Hauntlet? I have no other options in my Quest list. Seems to be a bit of a mystery or injoke?

Ebezaanec
11-25-2013, 10:09 PM
You made the right choice. That was a very shady person who wanted to take your stuff and leave you hanging.

Don't feel like you lost out on a great deal. Better safe than sorry.

Crowsfoot
11-25-2013, 10:25 PM
STS will never take your stuff (period). You made the right choice.

Frohnatur
11-25-2013, 10:26 PM
That was a criminal who tried to rob you. You made the right choice. Next time top it off by reporting this player to STS at support@spacetimestudios.com and via your ingame report-function.

And the lower Huntlet doesnt exist. It was supposed to come someday, there where Rumors... But never happened.

Florin
11-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Well I've got his name, should I report him?

i wasn't that bothered, that sort of code reduces my gameplay to a form of cheating really and I'm not really that sort of gamer.

regarding my quests then what do I do next? I've done the Kraken Isles and Dead City, I'm not getting any quest hints except the LH "myth". I'm level 22 if that helps.

Zylx
11-25-2013, 11:57 PM

i wasn't that bothered, that sort of code reduces my gameplay to a form of cheating really and I'm not really that sort of gamer.

regarding my quests then what do I do next? I've done the Kraken Isles and Dead City, I'm not getting any quest hints except the LH "myth". I'm level 22 if that helps.

Yes, report him, before he scams a clueless player. STS would never give anyone free plat or a cheat in the game ever, because that would be unfair and could ruin the game for others. In addition to that, STS would not ask for anything from a player. You did the right thing.

Florin
11-26-2013, 12:04 AM
Clueless!

found the Kraken mines. No yellow sign above the captain.

Milan Lame Man
11-26-2013, 12:32 AM
You need to level up to 23, then the Nordr gate in Kraag opens for you. Also need level 26 for Shuyal.

Saribeau
11-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Yes, report him, before he scams a clueless player. STS would never give anyone free plat or a cheat in the game ever, because that would be unfair and could ruin the game for others. In addition to that, STS would not ask for anything from a player. You did the right thing.

Remove free plat? No no no no no NO! I have to respec once and a while

afrobug
11-26-2013, 03:20 AM
You should have played dumb and wasted his time and effort. That is if you have time to waste yourself. It's fun goofing around these scammers.

Zylx
11-26-2013, 04:05 AM

Remove free plat? No no no no no NO! I have to respec once and a while

No, I'm not suggesting removal of the free offers, im just saying that STS will never give anyone free platinum out of nowhere.

Roberto077
11-26-2013, 10:14 AM

Yes, report him.

Florin
11-26-2013, 12:14 PM
You need to level up to 23, then the Nordr gate in Kraag opens for you. Also need level 26 for Shuyal.

Thanx.

have reported him, been told won't be informed of outcome though.

Fyrce
11-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

Someone(s) thought this actually had a chance of being real.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

Florin
11-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

Someone(s) thought this actually had a chance of being real.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

Tbh i was checking protocol for dealing with it. Obviously seemed dodgy. But I admit I come across a bit naivep.:tongue: