PDA

View Full Version : how to improve in PvP

Kaaguraa
11-26-2013, 12:10 AM
Hi everyone i am a rogue lvl 36 and i have a problem. I get killed a lot in PvP!! I have killed 137 times and died 350 times.
I think this is because i dont have any mythics! But i have seen legendary rogues that are very good and they even kill mythic users!
This are my skills:
Pierce 3/5
Aimed shot 5/5
Nox 4/5
medic 4/5
Razor 4/5
I have 5 skills because i also play in PvE and also in PvP i use razor shield instead of medic to increase my dodge.
This is my gear:
Devourer bow of potency two fire gems
Hellish thistle crown of versalit, One fire gem and one glacial gem
Hellish rainment of versality, one fire gem and one glacial gem
Night ocean ripple of warfare two blood gems
Vampire amulet of dexterity one fire gem.
And lastly this are my stats:

As a pet i normally use granite or ribbit.
Ok so i would like to get some advice to get better in pvP, thanks everyone ^^

Sage south
11-26-2013, 07:26 PM
Hmm...well you're already at a disadvantage with no mythics. So maintaining a hybrid build would be difficult. I suggest you go full pvp build - take out razor, take out extra point in nox, take out a point in pierce (not lifesteal), medic is your choice. I use 3/5, some use 4/5, some use 5/5. Also your passives - should have 5/5 agility 5/5 might 5/5 knowledge and 5/5 damage (or critical but I think damage is better).

About your stats - I am not sure what is considered "good" stats at lvl 36 as I am a twink at 26. However, to me your mana is very low. My rogue has insanely high mana for 26 at 1375, but you should have at LEAST 1250ish especially at 36. 2600 health? Not quite so sure.. if my 26 had mythic and hooks I would have more health and still more mana than you, around 2700ish health and 1275 mana.

Pets - I recommend using MALISON for its great health, dex, and intelligence boost (perhaps this is why your health and mana are low). Granite is a good cheap pet, but malison is a must. Unless you're fighting a rogue 1v1, then I use ribbit to kill them ASAP (takes me 1 combo to kill if all crit).

About your gear, I am assuming the hellish you have are the ones that give damage as well...if they are not then it is a waste of your armor. Also, I see no reason to put anything other than fire gems into your gear. Even with no mythics, you want to do as much damage as possible. Regarding this - it seems your health/mana stats would be lower than they already are with all fire gems...Hmm. Perhaps malison would correct this. I don't know which pet you have on where exactly, but Malison will increase mana and health by 200 each (10*20). Your damage currently doesn't look too shabby, but however I am a twink and don't know too much about how good your stats should be.

Also pvp requires mostly skill. I have farmed a mythic/hooks user all 20 times in a TDM, even though I am all legendary. Just use your combos as best you can, practice, and have fun.

If any level 36 would like to help me out with this that would be great. Note my post is just general information. A capped PVPer will be able to tell you specifics.

GoodSyntax
11-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Sage is correct....PvP has kind of become a specialized area of this game. You are either full PvP or full PvE - Hybrids aren't faring well at the moment.

First off, here is a build that has been really successful for me:

Shadow Piercer (2/5): Add Shadow Absorption
Noxious Bolt (2/5): Add Serrated Arrowhead
Aimed Shot (5/5): All upgrades
Combat Medic (4/5): Every upgrade except Good Medicine

Agility (DEX): 5/5
Knowledge (INT): 5/5
Might (STR): 5/5
Damage: 5/5
Critical Shot: 2/5

Cheap, but effective gear:

Devourer Bow of Potency
Hellish Thistle Crown of Potency
Hellish Raiment of Potency
Full Circuit of Potency
Bling Bauble of Potency

Preferably, you will want all gear upgraded with DEX gems. Then, it is a matter of having a decent pet. Malison would be a suitable and affordable pet.

I am assuming that you cannot afford the higher end gear (such as Mythics) or top end pets, so the above would be my minimum recommendations.

From here, it is a matter of skill and tactics. Tactics can overcome superior gear, especially in TDM. My preference is to stay at the bottom of the screen. This will give you a half-second advantage, as those coming in from above will not be able to see you before you see them. Then it is a matter of dropping Medic Packs, charged Aimed, uncharged Nox, Pierce, grab a pack while auto attacking, Malison Arcane ability, uncharged Aimed, Nox, Pierce cycle.

You never want to attack a group unless you have your group backing you up. If you have a tank, stay behind him! Let the opponent unleash their skill cycle on the Warrior before you engage. Whenever a Sorcerer on your team launches fireball, that is your moment to spam all skills and hope for a kill.

Use the trees to your advantage. Keep the tree between you and your opponent, so you can control when and where you make yourself available for attack. Run through your skill cycle then duck behind the tree to avoid the counter-attacks.

Most of the tactics come from practice. I started off with about 1k kills to about 4k deaths, and over time, managed to improve to 14k kills to 10k deaths. Eventually, you will become familiar with opposing player strategies and the challenge then becomes how to avoid their attacks by kiting, or piercing through to the other side, before you launch a return strike. Unfortunately, there will be times when you come across players that work well together or are vastly better geared....that's when you should probably do one of two things:

1) Leave and find a new map

Or my preference

2) Stick it out, learn what makes them effective. Don't worry about being farmed. Ask questions (sometimes, you may find someone who will help) and perhaps, you will garner some respect and friendships during the process.

MetalForce
11-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Biggest thing is joining a pvp guild, you then have ally guilds and won't be preyed upon in pvp as much. This helped me more than anything when I made my first twink