View Full Version : How to create a monster

Cthulhu Fhtagn
11-26-2013, 05:24 AM
Hello guys. I want to tell you a story.

My IGN is Mescalineo. I play AL for 5 months, and I'm from Poland. I am proud member of biggest polish guild, <Polish Legends>. We had all kinds of players, newbies, and 'old' players. Many of them remember times, when max lvl was 16... I'm one of about 70 officers in this guild. The one and only requirement to join <Polish Legends>, was to know language. Few days ago we had about 2000 members - we was pretty 'top' guild. But no anymore. Why? Because we created a monster.

What happend? Hmm... Think about it. 2000 players. Hard to keep order, don't you think?
When you are Master of such huge guild, you have 2 options:

Option no. 1 - no rules. People scam each other, curse on /g, offend others... This option isn't good, becouse it create negative opinion about guild. Somebody new in game join our guild, and only thing he see on /g is few idiots, who curse on each other. He think 'this guild sucks, there are only kids and morons' and he leave.

Option no. 2 - hard rules. We chose this option. We created our forum, and we put there people "banned" from our guild for bad behavior. Our guild started to cleanse itself, and number of members started to raise.

And what happened to players, which we removed from our guild for bad behavior? Many of them wanted to join back our guild. We are always opened for such players, if they say 'sorry' on /g and start behave well. But few people doesn't wanted to go back. They created their own guild. I won't type here name of this guild, for this story let's call this guild 'monster'.

So, we have now one Polish guild with 2k members, and second polish guild with about 100 members (maybe less). We started little war. Few people from 'monster' join our guild, and tried to 'steal' our members. We talked to Master of this guild, he said that he will stop them, but there was no effect.

Anyway, we did mistake. Very serious mistake. One of our officer left Arcane Legends, but before he left, he gave up his account to somebody else. And we forget to demote this account to member - he still was officer. So, this account started to change owners, and guess, who finally get this account? Somebody from this 'monster'.
Think of that - two guilds in war, and one of them have an officer as a 'spy'...

I don't know what they wanted to achieve in this, but this night, 25-26 November, he removed ALL members of our guild. There are only 70 officers left.

We tried to keep order in our guild, and it end up like this. Of course we will rebuild our guild, but it will take months...

Hinataa
11-26-2013, 05:51 AM
Hello guys. I want to tell you a story.

My IGN is Mescalineo. I play AL for 5 months, and I'm from Poland. I am proud member of biggest polish guild, <Polish Legends>. We had all kinds of players, newbies, and 'old' players. Many of them remember times, when max lvl was 16... I'm one of about 70 officers in this guild. The one and only requirement to join <Polish Legends>, was to know language. Few days ago we had about 2000 members - we was pretty 'top' guild. But no anymore. Why? Because we created a monster.

What happend? Hmm... Think about it. 2000 players. Hard to keep order, don't you think?
When you are Master of such huge guild, you have 2 options:

Option no. 1 - no rules. People scam each other, curse on /g, offend others... This option isn't good, becouse it create negative opinion about guild. Somebody new in game join our guild, and only thing he see on /g is few idiots, who curse on each other. He think 'this guild sucks, there are only kids and morons' and he leave.

Option no. 2 - hard rules. We chose this option. We created our forum, and we put there people "banned" from our guild for bad behavior. Our guild started to cleanse itself, and number of members started to raise.

And what happened to players, which we removed from our guild for bad behavior? Many of them wanted to join back our guild. We are always opened for such players, if they say 'sorry' on /g and start behave well. But few people doesn't wanted to go back. They created their own guild. I won't type here name of this guild, for this story let's call this guild 'monster'.

So, we have now one Polish guild with 2k members, and second polish guild with about 100 members (maybe less). We started little war. Few people from 'monster' join our guild, and tried to 'steal' our members. We talked to Master of this guild, he said that he will stop them, but there was no effect.

Anyway, we did mistake. Very serious mistake. One of our officer left Arcane Legends, but before he left, he gave up his account to somebody else. And we forget to demote this account to member - he still was officer. So, this account started to change owners, and guess, who finally get this account? Somebody from this 'monster'.
Think of that - two guilds in war, and one of them have an officer as a 'spy'...

I don't know what they wanted to achieve in this, but this night, 25-26 November, he removed ALL members of our guild. There are only 70 officers left.

We tried to keep order in our guild, and it end up like this. Of course we will rebuild our guild, but it will take months...

theres always warning, promote only ppl u trust, i understand that acc changed owner(which is against ToS i think) but as u said u made a mistake n didnt demote him. I think there should be some kind of option to even vote out one of officers, but well there isnt. U can conntact support n see if they can fix this, if no... u need to rebuild it:p
sorry to hear what happened to u, but one question, do u really need 2k people?

Hnakkur
11-26-2013, 06:01 AM
im sry to hear what happened to u , i know the same topic from diffferent other guilds and my old guild the kreuzritter had the same problem. and we just have 5 offi inour guild. at least when u have a list of the members... try to contact sts.maybe they help :)

Commanderkeen
11-26-2013, 06:30 AM
This has happen before. Now if you want you can email support and get this person punished.

Support@spacetimestudios.com

keikali
11-26-2013, 08:50 AM
FYI. This is considered MASS Guild Booting and is considered a bannable offense. Provide their IGN etc. to support and explain the situation and they will take care of it.

matanofx
11-26-2013, 09:00 AM
If they ban that dude who already quit game whos gonna care?

I feel sorry for your guild hope you can build it back up

Puntus
11-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Dam , sorry dude,I hope u recover all ur guildies .
A lot of idiots in this game , stg and players cant hundle who play the game and what class of person is.
My best wishes for ur cause.

Paulsebi
11-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Damn, hard to think of this, but happens. Sorry for your lose, that's why I decided to clear my guild, leave only 36 players in it, and move on with trusted players.

About officers, you should be carefully who you choose, things like this happen. Mail sts and I'm sure they will punish that person, but if he left game, none cares and you guys pay for it... that's bad..

Anyway, if any support is needed, feel free to contact me..

Good luck with rebuilding!

smuggs
11-26-2013, 09:29 AM
The guy whose account was used to boot had quit and given it away to a member of the rival guild as I understand it, if I'm reading correctly. So all it takes is sts finding IP and Device ID that was using the former officers account, match it to other accounts and ban based on device or just character. The guy who quit wasn't the one who booted, its the guy he gave his account to that did. I dare say your officer was in on it from the start...why else would he give his account to someone in a rival guild after quitting unless the feeling of discontent toward this other guild wasn't mutual.

Starkinea
11-26-2013, 10:05 AM
OMG... Such a sad story...:grey: hard to imaging such thing to happen to your guild...
I wish you rebuild your guild asap with trusted players
Good luck

Rare
11-26-2013, 10:05 AM
The guy whose account was used to boot had quit and given it away to a member of the rival guild as I understand it, if I'm reading correctly. So all it takes is sts finding IP and Device ID that was using the former officers account, match it to other accounts and ban based on device or just character. The guy who quit wasn't the one who booted, its the guy he gave his account to that did. I dare say your officer was in on it from the start...why else would he give his account to someone in a rival guild after quitting unless the feeling of discontent toward this other guild wasn't mutual.

Well he said it was passed around (which is still bannable). So who knows what happened after the first hand off.

Roberto077
11-26-2013, 10:12 AM
This is where the 'NO DRAMA' rule comes in handy.

stazcharlie
11-27-2013, 09:17 AM
make officers only the trusted people :) hope u rebuild ur guild real soon

Wutzgood
11-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Yeah had this happen a few months ago in a guild I'm in. Lost 2600 members in one morning. We recovered tho and now have over 4k members again. Best of luck with rebuilding.

Desperoto
11-27-2013, 01:09 PM
I hope that the guild will be grow back like he was

Temarichan
11-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Yes. This has happened before. But not in this fashion. One of our officers was hacked and booted several people. I never been so panicked in AL. Though in his case, he asked for a ransom of 1million gold. I was willing to pay for the safety of the guild, until eventually, he was logged out and our GM finally came on the kick him.

Zheogev
11-28-2013, 08:45 PM
solution to this problem is to make everyone as OFFICER :)

xXz21
11-30-2013, 02:48 AM
Yes. This has happened before. But not in this fashion. One of our officers was hacked and booted several people. I never been so panicked in AL. Though in his case, he asked for a ransom of 1million gold. I was willing to pay for the safety of the guild, until eventually, he was logged out and our GM finally came on the kick him.

i remember that but not ''Hacked'' tema.. Hacking is very very diferent and seriosly.

hope u guys can solve that good luck.

kinzmet
01-16-2014, 12:10 AM
look at the bright side! He cleaned the guild for you, so you can start all over but now you know the do's and don'ts. You can re-build your guild to be better now.

Alfai
01-16-2014, 12:31 AM
Sounds familiar