PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer's fireball miss too much?

extrapayah
11-26-2013, 02:36 PM
i'm pretty sure it wasn't happening before...
since free respec weekend ended, fireball auto targeting is ridiculously strange...

right now fireball almost everytime fire straight
am i asking too much if you make every skill target nearest enemy in neutral position (without moving) ?

in laggy situation, even turning your back to face the enemy will cost you instant death...
this is hack and slash game right? so shouldn't it be easier to target enemies?

p.s.: you can just give us a feature to turn on/off manual targetting

thank you

Amythys
11-26-2013, 02:37 PM
My fireballs have been missing a lot lately as well. I stand in the middle of mobs, release a charged fireball, and it hits nothing at all.

drgrimmy
11-26-2013, 03:57 PM
I believe that the first upgrade for fireball (for the increased aoe) changes fireball from just shooting at enemies in front of you to autotargeting the closest enemies even if they are behind you.

Also if an enemy is just out of range, you can still fire a fireball at him, but when it explodes in front of the enemy it will not do any damage to that enemy, even if it looks like it is getting hit by the aoe of the fireball.

Nesox
12-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Even with the extra range I have been noticing fireball has been acting up lately. Watching a charged fireball go flying passed a stationary PvP opponent well within range is highly frrustrating... and often fatal.

phillyr
12-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Even with the extra range I have been noticing fireball has been acting up lately. Watching a charged fireball go flying passed a stationary PvP opponent well within range is highly frrustrating... and often fatal.

Yes lol if fireball misses, we die while charging shield

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Zuzeq
12-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I'm having this issue as well. Fireball missing when someone in PvP is well in range. Upgrade or not, if you're close enough to hug then it shouldn't miss.

Instanthumor
12-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Use ice instead of fire like smart mages like me do. Problem solved. Ice NEVER misses.

Fyrce
12-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Yep, noticed here as well. I actually think it was from the time of all those upgrades w/ crafting. It's pretty bad.

Giuewek
12-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Yep even with the first upgrade I was within close enough distance and it still misses

Ixyris
12-02-2013, 01:22 PM
It happens when targets are idle, for example when the enemy is sleeping (north) or wolves are eating (shyual).

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Fyrce
12-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Nope, happens also when they are standing around hitting you. Oh well. Guess it's just that crates and walls are more dangerous.

At first I was thinking maybe it was lag, but when I check, I have the greenest connection.

I actually think it's happening to all skills - I'm noticing my rogue hits air a lot when she rushes into a group of mobs w/ her normal attack charged.

Lojack
12-03-2013, 06:22 PM
I haven't noticed any increase in missing above and beyond the usual in the last few days of testing the upcoming winter stuff

Puntus
12-03-2013, 09:02 PM
I have a mage (2nd char) and my firball sometimes missing , in my warrior (main char) never happens that with any skills, to be this more fair, stg pls fix this bug, smurfs ll appreciate it ;)

Nesox
12-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Use ice instead of fire like smart mages like me do. Problem solved. Ice NEVER misses.

This was my solution as well. Abandon Fire for pvp.

xxclementxx
12-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Yeah it missed everytime,when I'm pvp,I keep killing by rogue coz my fireball keep missed,and I change my skill to ice,lightning,shield and heal

xxclementxx
12-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Fire ball is not good for pvp now,curse is better now

ladymage
12-06-2013, 12:18 PM
I think it related to network connection. Before the craft upgrade, the client can do things even when the server connection is not good, but now the client is not that smart any more. It need the server to tell it what to do. That's why the fire ball missed because the client doesn't get where the enemies are.