PDA

View Full Version : explosive crackling noise

Heroelite
11-26-2013, 04:31 PM
I just recently purchased an android and noticed how after every game is complete, the noise makes a horrifying exploding sound that is really loud. Please fix I think it happened on chrome when I used to use. Does not happen on ios.

Sheugokin
11-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Yup it does.

Schnitzel
11-26-2013, 10:17 PM
that noise issue has been on PL for a while..

not fixed yet

an alternative is to not turn on sound at all
(don't know if this works) or use earphones

angeldawn
11-27-2013, 07:54 AM
You guys should post what devices and software you are on. I'm on iOS and have no issue

Schnitzel
11-28-2013, 06:51 PM
You guys should post what devices and software you are on. I'm on iOS and have no issue

Android devices...

Samhayne
12-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Hey guys,

I just played a game on Chrome and on my Galaxy S4 and didn't notice any bad noises there (or any issue with the closing party sound effects). It must be device specific? What specific Android device are you playing on and what version of Android is it running?

After talking about it, could it be that you don't realize that there are party poppers going off? The sound effect matches the firecrackers that create confetti that are displaying visually.

Fusionstrike
12-02-2013, 05:16 PM
There have been several reports of this over time that I can remember. And it does seem to be device specific as you said. Here are some other threads referring to this problem which give some device models that have the problem:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?117011-Sound-Issues
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89999-Sound-Distortion-on-loud-sounds-like-quot-level-complete-quot
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?85968-sound-distortion
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?92377-Damaged-Speaker-in-phone-Tablet!

Schnitzel
12-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Hey guys,

I just played a game on Chrome and on my Galaxy S4 and didn't notice any bad noises there (or any issue with the closing party sound effects). It must be device specific? What specific Android device are you playing on and what version of Android is it running?

After talking about it, could it be that you don't realize that there are party poppers going off? The sound effect matches the firecrackers that create confetti that are displaying visually.

It happens sometimes on my phone (samsung Galaxy S3 on T-Moblle)

If i turn on the sound on my phone, i use my usual combos + the other skills other party members are doing, the speakers create a "Crackling or popping noise"

Sam,
On my phone, the emote PARTY cracking sound doesn't sound the same as the cracking sounds talked about in this thread

Btw Android version 4.2 (I'm on 4.3 now. havent tested it ingame yet.)

Heroelite
12-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Hey guys,

I use galaxy s4 and the sounds happened to me for both chrome and the galaxy. The sounds at the end of a game are supposed to be party and dance emote but instead it sometimes makes a sound much different.

Itoopeo
12-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Samsung galaxy S i9000 android 4.0.1

Game ending sound breaks my speaker and earphones.

Please fix that

KnightSkye
12-13-2013, 01:08 AM
PC with Logitech Speakers/Turtlebeach Headphones and Samsung Galaxy SII have the same issue.

However my iPad 3 and an iPhone 5 have no problems with audio o.o

Itoopeo
12-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Bump.

Lojack
12-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Don't bump. It's been there for four years.

Heroelite
12-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Don't bump. It's been there for four years.
so the devs have been aware for four years (funny because PL hasn't even been out for 4 years), and still nothing has been done. Great work dev team.