PDA

View Full Version : Tablets help

thelonemerch
11-26-2013, 10:41 PM
What's a good tablet to buy?
I don't like apple do don't say ipads.

I'm leaning torwards a galaxy tablet.

I would use it mostly for just forums, internet browsing, music, gaming, tv shows an video watching, nothin to crazy like wow just mainly pl type games or whatever. No school stuff either.

Anybody git any tips or info on certain tablets , like brands or what version of the tablets. Somethin affordable like 200+ trying to keep it below 500$.

Much help would be cool.

Xaotique
11-27-2013, 12:16 AM
I think the Tab would be good enough for what you want. It would be around $150. The Note is also nice, but the price for that is around $300 or $500 - $600 if you go for the new one, if it's out yet. These prices are for brand new though. If you're fine with eBay, Amazon, etc. You can very likely find a much better price. A refurbished one would probably drop quite a bit in price.

thelonemerch
11-27-2013, 02:24 AM
Is there a specific galaxy i should look in to that has decent amount of memory or software? Sorry im not really tech wen it comes to this stuff, i want my first tab to b good i dont want to screw myself am get garbage

programmed
11-27-2013, 08:01 AM
I was researching new tablets a while ago. The best ones around $250 seem to be the newer version of the Nexus 7 by Asus and the new Kindle Fire HDX by Amazon. The Galaxy tablets also seem OK but can be much more expensive.

Schnitzel
11-27-2013, 01:54 PM
i think google nexus is good..(sorry they have numbers after the "Nexus" part..think it was like 4,5, or 7. dont remember which one was a tablet)

i have a Samsung gs3 running 4.3
galaxy note and the samsung galaxy S series, the note is just a bigger version of the S phone.

IMO, dont get a galaxy tab. (not trying to cause people who like samsung to get mad at me) but Android 4.3 is trying to shove a lot of useless apps into my poor phone's sad 16gb(its really only about 8GB *cough* thanks android *cough*)

back to topic, get a Nexus (according to my comp Sci teacher, it has voice recognition) :o

Slant
11-27-2013, 02:18 PM
nexus 10