PDA

View Full Version : Hey it's been a long time but..

OverkillED
11-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Hey guys it's been quite a long time but I have to get one thing clear: I've unfortunately been hacked. I've never given out my password and it isn't a simple password. I've also never gone to "free plat" scam sites, so I really don't know how I got hacked. Anyways, I got on and found everything but junk and angel stuff gone.

Anyone have a clue how this happened?

Reunegade
11-27-2013, 08:23 PM
Does anyone besides you use your device?

Suentous PO
11-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Doesn't make sense to me. The angel gear is tied to the acc, it can't be traded or sold, could be liquidated tho.

I would guess you either;
Let friend/sibling play on your acc
Have remember password on your device and someone easily logged in when you weren't looking
Or are sloppy in that you re use passwords and a less secure site was exploited.

I don't think you were hacked, if people could then the richest players would be targeted.

Reunegade
11-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Doesn't make sense to me. The angel gear is tied to the acc, it can't be traded or sold, could be liquidated tho.

I would guess you either;
Let friend/sibling play on your acc
Have remember password on your device and someone easily logged in when you weren't looking
Or are sloppy in that you re use passwords and a less secure site was exploited.

I don't think you were hacked, if people could then the richest players would be targeted.
He said that everything but the angel gear and junk was gone.

OverkillED
11-27-2013, 08:33 PM
I don't have remember password on, and nobody else uses my device. The password that I use for PL is different from all other passwords I have.

Reunegade
11-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Try emailing StG, they should respond in time. If unfortunately you can't retrieve your gear, I'll provide you with gear if you would like.

IGN: iReun/Oysterra

Suentous PO
11-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Ok poorly worded then.
Who knows your email?

Trenton
11-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Have u ever posted a picture of your account purchases or anything like that on forums? I'm sorry to hear that tho Joshy :(

OverkillED
11-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Have u ever posted a picture of your account purchases or anything like that on forums? I'm sorry to hear that tho Joshy :(
I have, but I always scratched out the email.

Suentous PO
11-27-2013, 08:49 PM
If items were transferred then there is a record of that and who it was on the receiving end.
If there's a culprit then they are traceable, email support- bust em.

Gracious
11-27-2013, 08:51 PM
If items were transferred then there is an record of that and who it was on the receiving end.
If there's a culprit then they are traceable, email support- bust em. this, email stg.

GRIZZY
11-27-2013, 08:54 PM
They don't recover stuff sry :/

Caiahar
11-27-2013, 09:08 PM
They don't recover stuff sry :/

Actually, since I think "Shelby" "scammed" your demonic set, it wasn't recovered. But here, it's a completely different situation, he hasn't got scammed, tricked, etc. never went to scam sites and gave info. Nor give pass or email. It's justified IMO. It happened randomly.

All for one, and one for all.

Argyros
11-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Same thing happened to me bro, it rly does suck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

billybob1
11-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Jeesh I hate to say but I been here longer than lotta u..combined..n this or nor have I ever been "scammed" I dont get wut sum of u could possibly do for this to happen...n simply say u got hacked n dont know how

over.

Mercantilism
11-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Jeesh I hate to say but I been here longer than lotta u..combined..n this or nor have I ever been "scammed" I dont get wut sum of u could possibly do for this to happen...n simply say u got hacked n dont know how

over.

You do make a point here in that most people only get hacked if they give away their information or do something stupid.
However, this is not the right time nor is it the right situation to make this post.
It is not impossible, it is only highly UNLIKELY. People may still be able to guess your password, however complex it may be, there is still a very low chance.

And yes, it still happens. Why do you think Dragon Vanities drop?
Also being here long enough doesn't merit anything. It doesn't matter how long you've been here, simply how secure your password is and how much precaution you take.

billybob1
11-27-2013, 10:47 PM
You do make a point here in that most people only get hacked if they give away their information or do something stupid.
However, this is not the right time nor is it the right situation to make this post.
It is not impossible, it is only highly UNLIKELY. People may still be able to guess your password, however complex it may be, there is still a very low chance.

And yes, it still happens. Why do you think Dragon Vanities drop?
Also being here long enough doesn't merit anything. It doesn't matter how long you've been here, simply how secure your password is and how much precaution you take.

For one my email n pw is still the same since I joined in 2010. Precaution?? None...y? For wut? If u never give out ur email how r they going to guess anything?

Trenton
11-27-2013, 10:52 PM
For one my email n pw is still the same since I joined in 2010. Precaution?? None...y? For wut? If u never give out ur email how r they going to guess anything? exactly lol..

also it seems REALLY dumb but could there be like a software type thing that can "erase" someone coloring over their email address? it seems so weird how you got your stuff gone

Delphina
11-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Please send us an e-mail at support@spacetimestudios.com so we can look into the case. Thanks!

NECROREAPER
11-28-2013, 12:06 AM
For one my email n pw is still the same since I joined in 2010. Precaution?? None...y? For wut? If u never give out ur email how r they going to guess anything?

I get what you're saying, mine has been the same since 2010 too and I never visit those 'scam' sites either. I can understand that he randomly got hacked though, all it would take is for one of his good friends to know a lot about him then they could guess his acct and pw.

Ladylove
11-28-2013, 12:13 AM
I get what you're saying, mine has been the same since 2010 too and I never visit those 'scam' sites either. I can understand that he randomly got hacked though, all it would take is for one of his good friends to know a lot about him then they could guess his acct and pw.

Anyone who is friends with him on facebook could easily know his email address.

Extreme
11-28-2013, 12:37 AM
JAWSH! Wut happen!?

Gragorak
11-28-2013, 02:36 AM
Ouch.

Hit me up in game, I can help you back on your feet. :)

Knockador
11-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Try emailing StG, they should respond in time. If unfortunately you can't retrieve your gear, I'll provide you with gear if you would like.

IGN: iReun/Oysterra

STG/STS doesn't respond to anything, make sure to bribe them with some monies too. It's been a while and my case is still not replied to. Prob cause *cough* ████ *cough*.

Argyros
11-28-2013, 07:41 AM
As I said, it happened to me. I have changed my email and pass twice since it first happened 3 weeks ago, I lost all my endgame sets at that one. 2 weeks ago I attempted to log in and found it saying 'incorrect pass' whatevs. I checked my email, and these hacker peeps had changed my email and pass, it gave my a notification via email. I emailed sts, they gave me back my acc.... Pointless though obviously, it was stripped clean of everything.

My point is, I obviously changed both my email, and pass, and in a short period of time, I was hacked again. Yes, I did change my email address pass 3 weeks ago. I'm not stupid, this hack was fo real, and I feel for OverkillED.

Waug
11-28-2013, 08:36 AM
As I said, it happened to me. I have changed my email and pass twice since it first happened 3 weeks ago, I lost all my endgame sets at that one. 2 weeks ago I attempted to log in and found it saying 'incorrect pass' whatevs. I checked my email, and these hacker peeps had changed my email and pass, it gave my a notification via email. I emailed sts, they gave me back my acc.... Pointless though obviously, it was stripped clean of everything.

My point is, I obviously changed both my email, and pass, and in a short period of time, I was hacked again. Yes, I did change my email address pass 3 weeks ago. I'm not stupid, this hack was fo real, and I feel for OverkillED.

lul, ru guys have android or iphone. Rooted/jail break? have any real antivirus? have any other suspicious app installed?

Argyros
11-28-2013, 08:40 AM
lul, ru guys have android or iphone. Rooted/jail break? have any real antivirus? have any other suspicious app installed?

I use an unrooted android device, with only a few apps downloaded... Ever. Including tapatalk, instagram, and pl lel.

Idk about overkillED, but I doubt he has anything suspicious.

NECROREAPER
11-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Anyone who is friends with him on facebook could easily know his email address.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, he was more than likely attacked by someone close to him since they have access/knowledge of personal thingswhichcould likely lead them to be able to access his account.

Reunegade
11-28-2013, 01:57 PM
So the question is: Do you have any close friends that play PL?

Argyros
11-28-2013, 02:38 PM
So the question is: Do you have any close friends that play PL?

Hmm this doesn't seem to be a problem, I have 2 friends who have ever played pl, and know my email. Both of them quit after 2 weeks, and they both suck. Anyhow, the only social network I use is instagram... And I use a different email all together for that.

IGN Storm
11-28-2013, 05:05 PM
I think someone that knows Josh knows that he enjoys playing PL. So with that information, he got for a job at STS and worked for a year to gain their trust. That's when he struck, stealing the account info Josh. But he still felt Josh might somehow retrieve his account info so he convinced STS to make a new game, Arcane Legend, to prevent resources from being spent on PL. Still, PL has more active players so he then went and deleted 90% of the PL population from the PL data base. That's why AL has 10x more players than PL. 2 mysteries solved in 1

Promagin
11-29-2013, 10:16 PM
I think someone that knows Josh knows that he enjoys playing PL. So with that information, he got for a job at STS and worked for a year to gain their trust. That's when he struck, stealing the account info Josh. But he still felt Josh might somehow retrieve his account info so he convinced STS to make a new game, Arcane Legend, to prevent resources from being spent on PL. Still, PL has more active players so he then went and deleted 90% of the PL population from the PL data base. That's why AL has 10x more players than PL. 2 mysteries solved in 1

You are a genius!!!

Hadesofshadow
12-17-2013, 02:41 AM
just play league man

I carry u bubby

for the lulz
12-17-2013, 12:11 PM
theres an old rumor that somebody , commonly called the pl monster , often roams the lands of pocket legends in search of random victims . lol okay but seriously , lets not look at this in a way that only someone who plays the game wud have taken it , WHAT IF u have some enemies irl , and those enemies r super brilliant hackkers who can do amazing stuff like that and get into ur account . THEY wud have just looked at all the fancy stuff and liquidated it or given it away to random ppl ( assuming they dont play the game ) . BUT U MIGHT BE THINKING , THE ANGEL!?!? THE ANGEL LOOK FANCY BRUH!!!! WHY DIDNT THEY TAKE THE ANGEL , well , maybe they didnt check the vanity closet .
ik this is kindof a logshot thing that wud never happen BUT ...if it did happen...then tell me , cus i might be a phycic and i cud put this on my resume when i apply to become a detective
k thx bai