PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Put the number of players waiting for elite games on the world map

faefaefae
11-27-2013, 08:51 PM
I usually run elite maps with my guildmates or friends. But sometimes I join PUG (pick-up group) at different elite maps when I can only spare about 15 minutes to do a run. As you all know, apart from some popular elite maps such as elite Oltgar Keep or elite Rooks Nest, it is difficult to find a PUG at other elite maps.

I suggest that STS put a number next to the name of each elite map in the world map, e.g. Elite Oltgar Keep [3] (meaning that there are 3 players waiting at the start of Oltgar Keep). This can save our troubles of jumping to different maps to find a full party to start an elite game.

I dunno whether this is practicable in terms of programming. What do you guys think of this suggestion?:p

csyui
11-27-2013, 09:33 PM
This could be a nice feature, but very hard to be applied.
The map graph is static picture to some extent. Adding the number of players waiting in that map will turns this picture to be dynamic, which will cost lots of work to rewrite the code for that part.

bhutkeyur
11-28-2013, 06:40 AM
No its not hard to apply- they need to make elite finder tool like others mmo have (dungeon finder tools)

Rare
11-28-2013, 01:10 PM
I created a thread about this long ago. I've given up the fight

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=998947

Morholt
11-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Not a bad idea, but it gave me an idea that I think would actually be more effective in some ways, along with being easier to code.

Essentially, just make a new town. Or something like the guild hall, being found in all the towns.
All it has to be is some space. Make it lvl 35+. It can be a place where people can go to if they are seeking a party for elite maps.

It can be a completely white/blank map for all I care, just with the travel warp thing & perhaps a stash. Call it Purgatory. Or Elite Cove.

Would make life so easy. It's like getting to be at the entrance of Kraken Mines, Watchers, or the others. It's kind of like an empty town map. Lets you communicate with people which map you want to form a party for. And it lets you view the stats of your whole pick up group before getting in a map. Really sucks when you have a mage, warrior, and rogue waiting for that final good player to join and the team and then some guy wearing lvl 24 gear still wants to run and doesn't leave the map, making it so no one else can join the game...

Orageunas
11-29-2013, 06:50 AM
Not a bad idea, but it gave me an idea that I think would actually be more effective in some ways, along with being easier to code.

Essentially, just make a new town. Or something like the guild hall, being found in all the towns.
All it has to be is some space. Make it lvl 35+. It can be a place where people can go to if they are seeking a party for elite maps.

It can be a completely white/blank map for all I care, just with the travel warp thing & perhaps a stash. Call it Purgatory. Or Elite Cove.

Would make life so easy. It's like getting to be at the entrance of Kraken Mines, Watchers, or the others. It's kind of like an empty town map. Lets you communicate with people which map you want to form a party for. And it lets you view the stats of your whole pick up group before getting in a map. Really sucks when you have a mage, warrior, and rogue waiting for that final good player to join and the team and then some guy wearing lvl 24 gear still wants to run and doesn't leave the map, making it so no one else can join the game...
I like this idea. This dont exactly include to this suggestion but they should make merching area too.

Sokpuppet
11-29-2013, 11:04 AM

People will go here just so they can hang out with other end-game players and not be bothered by lowbies. They'll loiter around with no intention of actually grouping up. It's a decent enough idea, but it wont work the way people want it to. :(

Morholt
11-30-2013, 03:04 PM
People will go here just so they can hang out with other end-game players and not be bothered by lowbies. They'll loiter around with no intention of actually grouping up. It's a decent enough idea, but it wont work the way people want it to. :( People do that at Paradise Peir already. Most people are afk and/or showing off their pretty gear combo. And without the lowbies, what's the point? Other high end players will know the gear being worn and won't be impressed. Need lowbies around to make them feel good. :P

Plenty of people afk within the Kraken Mines, but I pretty much am always able to find other active players there.

I can't see people afk'ing as a good enough justification to not implement such a beneficial addition to gameplay. There isn't any sort of negative that I can see with it. Just a whole lot of positives. It'll be great at keeping players playing. Many get bored at the cap.

Again, they can just make a big blank map. lol Everyone will be happy with an elite town & it takes very little effort to code.