PDA

View Full Version : wth...resocking.

CrushOverride
11-28-2013, 01:55 AM
So I have been trying to upgrade all my +3 gems for +6 gems, I have had 5 things going for upgrade nonstop since the patch and have yet to get 1 single +6 gem yet.. 10 days of resocketing every 12 hours is 240 hours spent not playing due to rrsocketing gear... that's just stupid..no other way to put it. We won't even go into the amount of gold spent on this b.s. endeavor.

Beelzebewb
11-28-2013, 04:48 AM
Gold spent is irrelevant, you can farm your materials if you bothered putting the time and effort into it.

Also, I don't see why people are running around crafting their ONLY set of gear. Buy another set, use it while upgrading your main set, and then re-sell it when you're finished. Sure it takes a bit of investment, and you might not get your ROI at the end, but that's a risk taken for the reward of playing while crafting your MAIN set.

Let's not even go in to the whole "the +5 thing should be easy" debate - it's obviously going to have a low chance, otherwise what would be the point in having the lower tier by default.

It's not even that important to do unless you're 30+, so I've personally crafted a higher tier of gear while I level up in order to use it. At this point, I'm about 1~2 hours away from being able to use it, which is a far cry from 24.

Forward thinking is all that's needed, it's not difficult.

epicrrr
11-28-2013, 12:51 PM
I got 3 already hmmn - u did say resocketing each day..

Temarichan
11-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Be beneficial and do it while going to work, school, before you sleep, etc. I admit, I was complaining that it takes a long time and I haven't gotten any super gems. But I've been calm because I didn't have to just sit there and wait for the timer to run out -.-

Don't worry. You've got time. This isn't a race or an limited feature to AL like the Halloween event.

Prahasit Prahi
11-28-2013, 08:50 PM
I almost replaced 60-70 gems still didn't get one exceptional gem also...its jus luck....I've stopped upgrading now

MetalForce
11-28-2013, 09:49 PM
I dunno, I've had 2 exceptional gems and I'm not constanly upgrading. Some ppl just unlucky is all

Bonthan
11-29-2013, 01:37 AM
My very first upgrade was exceptional, but none since. I have shelved all my mythics on both rogue and mage in order to upgrade them to exceptional. I have good alt gear to wear. Farming or purchasing the gems is no issue. My issue is that it is all luck, no skill involved. Where are the crafting skills? Alchemy, blacksmith, cooking, etc? Very frustrating to put forth so much effort and game time into something that all comes down to a luck based system. I miss my crafting mules from games past greatly.

4 days to get all equipment fully upgraded. The rest of the days till now have been spent contently using my gear when it's available and alt gear. If I hit an exceptional tomorrow that will make it 1 out of 110 trys, including one other weapon I've been working on as well. 110 trys, 33 sockets, that's 3,360 attempts to make goal. That works out to about 300 days if I do one batch of upgrades a day. Really? Very disheartening :(

Robhawk
11-29-2013, 02:28 AM
I had no super GEM on my myth and the first try of the legendary "runic circuit of force" L36 -> superGEM AAHHHHHHH I wanted that on my myyytthhhh TY!

Samdegreat
11-29-2013, 09:10 AM
It's pure luck I got 2 super gems on doom first time and then last one took 6 attempts
But I got none on any of my other gear just one on helm ...

Haligali
11-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Im pretty sure that chances of making a supergem on amulets is higher, and lower on every resocket.

falmear
11-29-2013, 09:59 AM
They should lower the resocketing time to 8 hours. I brought this up in the suggestions forum. Then at least you can use your gear and upgrade your stuff when you sleep. 12 hours in my opinion is too long and should be shortened. I didn't spend all that time and effort getting mythics and arcane staff to have it sit around doing nothing. I play this game to earn the best stuff, if I can't play with the best stuff then its rather boring and pointless. Yeah I can buy off the timer but its expensive and doesn't result it any difference because changes are there will be no super gem. So there is no incentive for me to buy off the timer.

Avshow
11-29-2013, 10:39 AM
they are the same chance, it is just pure luck

Im pretty sure that chances of making a supergem on amulets is higher, and lower on every resocket.