PDA

View Full Version : My feedback of pocket legends

Violentsaint
11-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Hello guys. As u may have noticed I havnt been playing pl much... I had a break for a month or 2 to play halo reach... I recently started playing pl again and was enjoying myself.. Old friends lvling me up... As soon as I reached lvl 50 I went searching for Thoth gear for my paladin.. Turns out the devs decided to make it stop dropping.. Finally when the auction house that isn't really an auction house (u can't bid on items) is released I was able to purchase lvl 50 Thoth body and helm and a Thoth plasma.. (at ridiculous price) and used a rift shield that a friend gave me..... As soon as I had all my gear I was instantly bored to the point were I bought the capture the flag pack for 20 plat... I bought that several days ago and are yet to find anyone playing it... Infact barely anyone plays pvp at all and the people that do take it so seriously and kill u so quick it completely takes the fun out of it... So far I havnt seen any more towns or quests added... And the only thing difference is an akward interface. I mean I have to go through 4-5 pages just to buy an elixir!!!. And the only cool thing is changing the background color, but I was turned off by the fact u had to pay for that option.... My final thing I want to mention is the "magic mirror" the whole thing is just a stupid way for spacetime to make more money.... If they cared about the players they would add another town or some more quests or guilds.... I have purchased the angry face for my enchantress as that is my general feeling for the direction pl is heading...

I hate to seem like I jerk.... But this game used to be somthing I loved... To the point of purchasing an iPad just to experience on a bigger screen.... Whatever joy I used to experience while playing this game.... For some reason or another has disappeared, and god do I hope it comes back :(

-Violentsaint

Gavry
11-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Saint, I'm sad to say there are quite a few of us old school players with very similar feelings. I'm not entirely sure what it is either, however there seems to be a pretty steady decline in top level players playing the game. Not that that's a great concern to Spacetime as the Android beta has had over 50000 downloads already. I don't know how much longer I'll wait around for some positive changes to occur. I'm guessing a little longer than quite a few have already though.

nazgulking
11-15-2010, 02:32 PM
I have to agree with Violent feedback. Despite some imporovements through the game i feel some steps back have been made. At this point there are some priorities:

1) Finish and consolidate the experience (Finish townes, fix the the difficulty hole between ao2 and ao3...)
2) Consolidate the user interface (I share Violent concern about the ankwardness, I have experienced 3 UI overhaul and all leading to a much more condesed environment, tough more difficult to acces with few taps)
3) Decide the skills overhaul (We all know that after some level packs the points will be finished, we need need to begin to think what will replace/ modify/ enhance actual skills)

Violentsaint
11-15-2010, 04:23 PM
another thing i hate is how overpowered archers are (why am i calling them archers, they have freakin mega blasters).

another thing is how my paladin completely and utterly fails in ao3, i mean in ao2 my build was pretty solid and i could even hold my own in pvp with the best of em... now with all this power armor with bonuses and whatnot, my paladins completely screwed stat wise... the amount of people telling me "paladins suck now" and that i "need to respec to bowchantress" if i wanna enjoy pl... clearly those people dont realise how much effort and passion ive put into making paladin guides and how much i love playing as a paladin... but its like the devs purposly were thinking "screw those paladins man, lets stop making thoth drop and give all the other classes super gear!"

sigh... the last reason i never play pocket legends is because every time i log in, i dont see a single old school player online :(

NOTE: I DID NOT POST THIS THREAD TO 'HATE ON THE DEVS'

i posted it because for one reason or another somewhere along the line pl has lost its fun factor, atleast for the old school players. and its hard to figure out why exactly this is happened.. i hope that together we can discuss some constructive criticism and hopefully figure out why we are feeling this way, i apologise if this thread seemed like a hate post... i didnt mean it to come across as that :(

TwinkTastical
11-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Downhill is the only way to go from the top.

Pvp rewards would make people pvp, simple

Kossi
11-15-2010, 05:27 PM
heres a resolution for you devs! make pvp rewards!

Ogediah
11-15-2010, 06:28 PM
I feel the same way violent. I have expressed my concerns several times with the retention problems. The game has changed, but I don't feel it has improved. It has only gotten more expensive. This seems popular soncesus from everyone that has been with the game from the begging.

I agree adding pvp rewards would help Pvp, and possibly help they game stay interesting longer. Currently I feel like Pvp is kind of pointless.

The auction house isn't an auction house. Bidding needs to be added, and more organization. You can't just surf the auction house for items, you have to know what you are looking for.

ctf has the same problems as PvP, only it is more expensive and no one plays it.

I just asked everyone in the game I was playing for suggestions, I got 4 responses: lower the prices. Just about everyone I have talked to thinks we are getting overcharged for almost everything these days. Content is too shallow for the prices we pay.
Some one also chimed in that we needed more player customization.

Orei
11-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Pocket legends is no longer what it used to be for sure, especially since release of ao3, which demands the best out of the players. U can't play blindly anymore, unlike in ao2. That sure spoilt the fun factor for many players, who are playing just for plain fun, but kept dying or repeatly booted for not trying hard enough. With that, skilled players group together and form farming teams, and start controlling in-game economy. Gold became the only important asset. Those who are not able to find a team to play ao3, eventually quits, cos they can't farm the equipment, and prices are high, esp even so for certain items after the rush curb.

Making pvp rewards will only benefit those who are skilled at pvp. Those who are twink int bears or level 50 dex megablasters. But not for the general population.

When the game is too easy, players complain and ask for an update. When game becomes too difficult, players complain in lack of fun factor.

I spend most of my time now farming gold to support elixirs and potions / hunting ao3 stages for a few good old ao2 friends (mostly my countrymates), who sadly have fall into the later group I mentioned earlier. This is the only way i know to bring up their interest to continue playing.

Demonicdevyn
11-15-2010, 07:43 PM
heres a resolution for you devs! make pvp rewards!

Twink kinda said that kid.

Demonicdevyn
11-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Violent I never see you in game anymore which sucks you made the game fun for me.

(coming from the kid that you didnt even know)

Violentsaint
11-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Violent I never see you in game anymore which sucks you made the game fun for me.

(coming from the kid that you didnt even know)

thanks demonic, that means alot mate ;p

i donno guys.... maybe i might just have to respec to a megablasting dbag just to get some fun factor back....there goes all my hard work of trying to be a paladin.... it was fun while it lasted i guess :(

Gavry
11-15-2010, 08:14 PM
I think banned hit it on the head. Currently the attribute and skill system is SOOOO broken. The only way to survive in AO3 is with the best equipment. Even with a full Cosmos set my healing Mage sucks. One hit kills everywhere. With full Rift set my Tank still dies continually on Overlord and Keeper without pots. I feel I'm a skilled player but it doesn't make a difference. Skills and attributes need to be fixed. Top end equipment needs to have variety. There should be different types of Str, Int and Dex options. Str gear with AC and Dodge, stuff with M/s and less AC. Etc etc

TheLaw
11-15-2010, 08:26 PM
I think banned hit it on the head. Currently the attribute and skill system is SOOOO broken. The only way to survive in AO3 is with the bet equipment. Even with a full Cosmos set my healing Mage sucks. One hit kills everywhere. With full Rift set my Tank still dies continually on Overlord and Keeper without pots. I feel I'm a skilled player but it doesn't make a different. Skills and attributes need to be fixed. Top end equipment needs to have variety. There should be diffent types of Str, Int and Dex options. Str gear with AC and Dodge, stuff with M/s and less AC. Etc etc

I cant agree any less. I actually drew some of it but eventually gave up because of the overwhelming prices.

Darkchylde
11-15-2010, 08:36 PM
i agree with that 1000% violent this game use to b somethin i loved you were ther when it all started it was awsome then, but now i jus dont really know what to say got to technical too much colors too much wrappin around the present ....need to go back to the roots

Darkchylde
11-15-2010, 08:48 PM
you ol school banned,violent .. i rolled wit you a few times in missions bak in the day you know what i mean rem when they had that glitch in the croc swamp bak then it was called somewhere else and we could jus stomp an get thru and get all the bosses to follow us and we jus pound em and pink and purps dropped like crazy well that was fun fun then devs found bye bye glitch i mean what the hell it wasnt hurtin no one it was fun this damn game aint no fun no mor hell the goddamn forums are more fun than this damn game....i havent played since that halloween thing

cyprux
11-15-2010, 08:52 PM
another thing i hate is how overpowered archers are (why am i calling them archers, they have freakin mega blasters).

you think archers are overpowered... archers think bowbears are overpowered :/ and a lot of people says including me, an enchantress, that mages are underpowered. I am guessing that results this was because of the paladin during ao2 which pretty much pawns any class. During the ao2 not many bears played because its not as good as the paladins.

Darkchylde
11-15-2010, 08:55 PM
i mean really they givin some bullsh#t to buy giv me some missions to buy r somthin not some damn ugly pretty mirror etc etc then they exploitin the platnium thing way out ther ,,,hell build me a tavern with a pool table darts and a bar and i pay some platnium for my bear to hang out play darts pool and do some drinkin with some friends instead of hangin out aand gettin screamed at make it a private club dammit old school members only

Kurlz
11-15-2010, 08:56 PM
agreed (almost) completely. it is losing a lot of fun, and i havent even capped one char. but at level 39, i tried ao3 with my tank, and did very well...i died once in about 30 minutes, only to be harassed by anyone lvl 40+ that joined MY party, except for the two that were in it at the start. the players now are getting more rude and self-important....but, since ive put almost all the money ive scraped up in the time ive been playing, i plan on sticking with PL for a long while, hopefully it will eventualy return to its original fun...

on a lighter note, i made a freind the other day due to my (apparently amazing) tanking through ao2, who, the next day gave me a Mynas Plate Mail of Toth, for free. so there still are some kind players in PL. =]

Darkchylde
11-15-2010, 08:57 PM
im waitin on infinity blade now you wanna see a damn game check that out it gonna hav multiplayer too

Violentsaint
11-16-2010, 08:30 AM
the players now are getting more rude and self-important...

See what happens when I stop playing! *q epic music* Time to bring back "get rid of the greed campaign!!!"

Jokes... :p

BeardedBear
11-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Here is what happened.

Back in April, people found out about the game, loved it, embraced the community and devs with better ideas, and things to do to improve the game. Our requests were made and it seemed like there was always something to do to keep us busy, and the community/forum was awesome. Much more thought and design was put into campaigns then, aka Lost Expedition and Swamps. Designs were fresh, bosses were unique. More campaigns came out, using the same old boring layouts, and not much gameplay that was fun after completely exploiting exp and item rushing and having the campaign figured out in days. The game got bigger, and the quantity of players greatly increased, and the QUALITY greatly decreased. Now for the price of a whole campaign pack, you can choose to make your face look different for the same 20 plat!?! Sure the devs are making bank..but from the wave of new players over the past months who don't know any better. The game doesn't have much depth and most of us know better by now, hence all the quitting.

Ogediah
11-16-2010, 01:26 PM
The game doesn't have much depth and most of us know better by now, hence all the quitting.

100 percent agree.

Darkchylde
11-16-2010, 06:58 PM
i already quit aint played since the halloween thing i mean i drop in every now and again in forest haven jus to chat an such but havent played a mission one, i hav mor fun on these dang forums and i aint coming back until they make some changes in the game the ugly pretty mirror for 20 plat yea well they can shove ther mirror up ther a#@#ss i got better things to do with my hard earnd money , man all of us old schools that were here at the first, the beginning, the roots when this game was created ,we were ther, now we r gettin robbed we are a forgotten breed now

Darkchylde
11-16-2010, 07:01 PM
its the power of the almighty dollar and the good old american way ..greed greed everythings about platnium hell i spend it jus giv somethin good to spend it on

Darkchylde
11-16-2010, 07:04 PM
not me im done havin faith in em its gettin almost holiday time all the good games come out durin the holidays i find somethin else

nbaallamerican
11-16-2010, 09:19 PM
See what happens when I stop playing! *q epic music* Time to bring back "get rid of the greed campaign!!!"

Jokes... :p

Yea players are getting very rude. I joined a game that was almost finished. It only had three members in the party. I get booted saying sorry. If ure sorry then dont boot lol. I think the dudes name was banned that booted me

Lesrider
11-16-2010, 09:37 PM
NBA, I can't speak for them because I don't know what happened. But is it possible they didn't want you joining after they did all the work of clearing and you came in for the boss? Some people don't mind that, some do.

Phoenixking
11-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Im not a beginner of the beta i began in june or july and at begining it was so unique and fun till now i cant farm an mb i xant get that much gold and its so tough one improvement that should b made is sonething should b gold like magic mirrors and auction slots devs promise oneday they will do that and fix it never got fixed (pity laugh) and might never will

Not to b mean devs just telling out my opinion FREEDOM OF SPEECH AMENDMENT #1

Violentsaint
11-17-2010, 05:48 AM
so far theres been some good feedback and some bad feedback.... hopefully the devs will take it in... but i just think if were gonna give negative feedback to try and make it consructive so that the devs can use it to improve the game, keep the hating to a minimum, ive already been contacted by one of the devs, so they do know about this thread... lets not give them a reason to close it.

jonboy
11-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Hey VS nice to see you in game and chat, I held out as long as I could as paly build, but wanted to see if the dexmage at 50 was all that.

I agree with some of your points, mainly about the UI changes but overall apart from the j-curve for AO3 I don't have much to complain about.

Guild system would be nice.

Pretty nice to see people posting that I havn't seen if a bit on the forums.

icantgetkills
11-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Lol banners post was last edited by justg :P wat did he say naughty naughty and yes I loved my pally
It was amazing I loved being able to pvp and have fun not its dex bear a and dex birds... That's it I buy pvp go in on my Mage 1 hit go in my tank 2 hit I would really like if I could have. Refunded 20 plat for the pvp ctf I doubht it but its worth a try I payed for something I really shouldn't of another 20 plat down the drain..

On the other hand ao3 is fun finally reaching 50 was a releif! But IMO now concentrate on finishing townies lowering prices alot more items not just cosmos have varieties like 1 that gives 8 h/s one that gives 3 m/s etc

Christina
11-18-2010, 06:43 AM
I felt being scammed by the server! At first the game look interesting and lovely.. Whereby i went to buy lots of platium to make my char strong.. After the patch i felt that this game doesnt worth a single cent..