PDA

View Full Version : Must have!

NEIN
11-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Hello, I've been playing this game for about a week now, and I think it lacks lots of functions we could really use. I'm listing here the most important ones (in my opinion) - apologies if some of them have already been suggested in the past. (If they have, why have they not been implemented yet?!!)

1) Editing your character's controls
I have not found a way to do that yet. Talking to NPCs instead of charging a spell, then getting zerged in the background by mobs, has started to get REALLY frustrating. Interacting with NPCs and charging a spell/skill should NOT share the same button.

2) Resetting your character's stats
I have not found a way to do that yet either. Rushing as a new player into fights and getting tons of deaths, then realizing the stats are counted and shown on your profile, is annoying as hell. There should be an option to reset the stats - one that will cost a few platinum coins. If not for platinum, then there should be an option for new players to reset their stats for free (Characters that are up to a specified amount of days old, or up to a specified level). Having lots of deaths personally bothers me alot - and I refuse to hide my stats, cause that makes it look even worse. Or you could at least make the low level monster kills that don't give you any experience points count. Oh and a monthly auto stat reset for everyone would be great. So everyone can be on the leaderboard.

3) Switching between tabs/windows
Whenever I switch tabs in my browser or minimize it to chat on facebook for example, my game starts loading all over again as if I had just opened the tab, taking me to the login screen. This is really boring sometimes, it does not always happen though(it does most of the time). I'm not sure what's causing it yet. If it's an anti-afking system, know that it is REALLY annoying to many.

4) Numbers in character names
It took me over an hour to find a good name for my character as all of them were taken. I also couldn't use any numbers in it. Why is that? I was about to quit because of this, and so was my brother. I don't like using random names because everything is taken, and I'm sure many others also don't, and have probably quit by now.

5) Spells' attack range
There should be a way to measure the distance between you and a monster so you can know when you should use a spell. Also, some of the enemies' spells or skills have a crazy attack distance. Last time I was waiting for my health to recharge, one of my party members who was outside of my field of view had some monster throw knives at him, which knives missed him, ended up hitting me from a mile away and killed me with a critical, as my health was low - really annoying. Oh and they also shoot you through objects.

6) Monsters marked with a red skull above them
I'm not even sure what these are, but I had one kill me at level 16 with two hits. I was with 2 other level 15-16 players, and we all died without even damaging that thing! Perhaps with potions and some running we would survive, but there was no way to take that thing down, it's defence was so high that it would regenerate health faster than we could damage it...

7) Entering areas alone
Entering an area by yourself is impossible, people always come, even if you're not in a party with them. This is bad. There should be an option for you to enter an area by yourself, to play solo. Because there's these annoying rushers that will kill all the monsters in the map before you get to approach them, or rush to the boss, skip half the areas, and if you don't follow them, you miss the loot. If you do, you miss your quests, you get no exp, you can even get yourself killed because the troll barbarians will lure a zerg to your mage and expect you to tank it. Some of them even quit right before the boss or while fighting it, leaving u alone to die.

8) Dying upon connection loss.
My connection went down twice earlier and I died both times... that's annoying, it should kick you out instantly upon getting disconnected... and don't tell me that players are gonna close their browsers and abuse it - You can make it kick players upon connection loss and not upon game window closure. So the only way to abuse that would be turning your router off or pulling off the cable. Take r.scape as an example.

9) Solo PvP
This is just as annoying as playing l.o.legends when you have a noob in your team - why is there no 1vs1 PvP?

That's all I can think of for now, I'll edit the post once I remember more.

Ebezaanec
11-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Hello, I've been playing this game for about a week now, and I think it lacks lots of functions we could really use. I'm listing here the most important ones (in my opinion) - apologies if some of them have already been suggested in the past. (If they have, why have they not been implemented yet?!!)

I have not found a way to do that yet. Talking to NPCs instead of charging a spell, then getting zerged in the background by mobs, has started to get REALLY frustrating. Interacting with NPCs and charging a spell/skill should NOT share the same button.

I agree with this

I have not found a way to do that yet either. Rushing as a new player into fights and getting tons of deaths, then realizing the stats are counted and shown on your profile, is annoying as hell. There should be an option to reset the stats - one that will cost a few platinum coins. If not for platinum, then there should be an option for new players to reset their stats for free (Characters that are up to a specified amount of days old, or up to a specified level). Having lots of deaths personally bothers me alot - and I refuse to hide my stats, cause that makes it look even worse. Or you could at least make the low level monster kills that don't give you any experience points count. Oh and a monthly auto stat reset for everyone would be great. So everyone can be on the leaderboard.

No one can reset their stats without deleting their character. If you are a new player and you don't like your stats, wouldn't it be way easier to delete the low-lvl character than if your character is capped at L36?

Whenever I switch tabs in my browser or minimize it to chat on facebook for example, my game starts loading all over again as if I had just opened the tab, taking me to the login screen. This is really boring sometimes, it does not always happen though(it does most of the time). I'm not sure what's causing it yet. If it's an anti-afking system, know that it is REALLY annoying to many.

It took me over an hour to find a good name for my character as all of them were taken. I also couldn't use any numbers in it. Why is that? I was about to quit because of this, and so was my brother. I don't like using random names because everything is taken, and I'm sure many others also don't, and have probably quit by now.

Hmm.. Number creativity..

5) Spells' attack range
There should be a way to measure the distance between you and a monster so you can know when you should use a spell. Also, some of the enemies' spells or skills have a crazy attack distance. Last time I was waiting for my health to recharge, one of my party members who was outside of my field of view had some monster throw knives at him, which knives missed him, ended up hitting me from a mile away and killed me with a critical, as my health was low - really annoying.

I'm not even sure what these are, but I had one kill me at level 16 with two hits. I was with 2 other level 15-16 players, and we all died without even damaging that thing! Perhaps with potions and some running we would survive, but there was no way to take that thing down, it's defence was so high that it would regenerate health faster than we could damage it...

Those are Elite bosses that appear in normal levels. He's pretty tough at lower levels.

7) Entering areas alone
Entering an area by yourself is impossible, people always come, even if you're not in a party with them. This is bad. There should be an option for you to enter an area by yourself, to play solo. Because there's these annoying rushers that will kill all the monsters in the map before you get to approach them, or rush to the boss, skip half the areas, and if you don't follow them, you miss the loot. If you do, you miss your quests, you get no exp, you can even get yourself killed because the troll barbarians will lure a zerg to your mage and expect you to tank it. Some of them even quit right before the boss or while fighting it, leaving u alone to die.

It's called typing in "/partyinvite 000" in chatbox

My connection went down twice earlier and I died both times... that's annoying, it should kick you out instantly upon getting disconnected... and don't tell me that players are gonna close their browsers and abuse it - You can make it kick players upon connection loss and not upon game window closure. So the only way to abuse that would be turning your router off or pulling off the cable. Take r.scape as an example.

The game gives you 120 seconds to reconnect after you get red ping. It's basically a freebie to reconnect instead of reloading the game. Besides, you honestly would be pissed if you had a bad red ping day. Ultra-DC mode.

9) Solo PvP
This is just as annoying as playing l.o.legends when you have a noob in your team - why is there no 1vs1 PvP?

That wouldn't be solo pvp.. That's called a duel.

Answers are in bold.

NEIN
11-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Answers are in bold.
Hello there, thanks for the reply!
@Editing controls - Thanks! I hope they'll make a system that will allow us to customize the controls - or at least change the way they are used now.
@Character deletion - No way I'm going to delete my character and start over! I'd rather quit.
@Elite bosses - They're way too overpowered then! Their stats should be reduced imo :/ the three of us would deal so low damage that it's health would regenerate faster lol
@partyinvite 000 - I'll try that, thanks!
@Disconnection part - I'm not sure if I understand this :/ I my connection went down for like 5 mins and I died, that's all I know :/
@Dueling - Wait, so is there a dueling option? o.O And yes it should be called a Duel I guess, if the naming is what you're talking about.

Have a nice day!

Soundlesskill
11-29-2013, 01:38 AM
You can resert your skills for 5 plat? Lol

Spyce
11-29-2013, 01:51 AM

He/She means things related to your character such as KDR.
Yes, you can respec your build.

Desperoto
11-29-2013, 10:30 AM

He means kdr

kinzmet
12-24-2013, 02:21 AM

I agree with this!
The resetting of stats and skills are done using "Respec" where you pay platinums for reset, there are "free respect events" though.
I agree again, but now i'm using the Chrome version.
OMG! I almost quit at first because I can't find a name untaken! Same story.
5) Spells' attack range
There should be a way to measure the distance between you and a monster so you can know when you should use a spell. Also, some of the enemies' spells or skills have a crazy attack distance. Last time I was waiting for my health to recharge, one of my party members who was outside of my field of view had some monster throw knives at him, which knives missed him, ended up hitting me from a mile away and killed me with a critical, as my health was low - really annoying. Oh and they also shoot you through objects.
You are hit by a monster called "Assasin" his dagger throw is un-dodgeable and its an AOE. >:D
They are Elite monsters. Very hard for low levels.
7) Entering areas alone
type "/partyinvite 000"
...cant help you with that...
9) Solo PvP
..Yes thats what I'm also curious of, every MMORPG out there has a DUELING feature, but not this one. I hope that the devs would add this on the next expansion.
There yah go!

Soundlesskill
12-24-2013, 07:36 AM
He means kdr

He/She means things related to your character such as KDR.
Yes, you can respec your build.

Oh..

nelson131
01-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Nice +1 except of kdr reset