PDA

View Full Version : Do you think its time to add another skill slot?

Cero
12-01-2013, 08:00 PM
firstly, idk when will the next level expansion coming.
The upcoming level cap will be 41
so do you think its time to add 5th skills slot?:)

Benworushi
12-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Wat is impossible!

chitgoks
12-01-2013, 08:29 PM
that or to have a pvp/pve set and you can choose either of them

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Theillist1
12-01-2013, 11:41 PM
I dont agree with 5th slot, but dual spec would be AMAZING!
DUAL SPECCING= you would have two diffrent class setups entirely... Say for example a rogue... in pve its nice to have all dex and no heal. But pvp u want some str or int plus u NEED heal. So a simple button and of course a 1 time plat exchange would solve this prblem! Ty

Puntus
12-01-2013, 11:47 PM
DUAL SPECCING= you would have two diffrent class setups entirely... Say for example a rogue... in pve its nice to have all dex and no heal. But pvp u want some str or int plus u NEED heal. So a simple button and of course a 1 time plat exchange would solve this prblem! Ty

this is respec skills , and its allowed in game for 5 platinium

Trenton
12-01-2013, 11:56 PM
this is respec skills , and its allowed in game for 5 platinium You really didn't get it. He's saying A NEW THING which allows you to have two different builds for free, and once you join a PvP match it could "switch over" to the PvP build, and while in PvE, it "switches over" to the PvE build. L2readpls

Puntus
12-02-2013, 12:01 AM
You really didn't get it. He's saying A NEW THING which allows you to have two different builds for free, and once you join a PvP match it could "switch over" to the PvP build, and while in PvE, it "switches over" to the PvE build. L2readpls

I get it , just read him final phrase , he says " ofc a 1 plat exchange" , maybe u need read twice

Puntus
12-02-2013, 12:02 AM
You really didn't get it. He's saying A NEW THING which allows you to have two different builds for free, and once you join a PvP match it could "switch over" to the PvP build, and while in PvE, it "switches over" to the PvE build. L2readpls

I get it , just read him final phrase , he says " ofc a 1 plat exchange" , maybe u need read twice

bhutkeyur
12-02-2013, 03:29 AM
Dont want 5th skill but they they should make proper dps rotation for all classes.

chorba69
12-02-2013, 06:21 AM
How about a new quest that allows us dual spec?
If anyone played Allods Online, they'd know what Im talking about.
For example, a new map, you can enter it alone only, not with a party, and inside is a npc that gives u a quest where you must clear the map and kill the boss, or collect something etc.
And make the quest not so easy, and make it last lets say 10 days. So every time you complete a quest, you get 1/10. Like the "Ten days of the dead" quest, but harder.
And then in our "skills" tab, have a button to change to our 2nd spec.
What do u say?

Joncheese
12-02-2013, 08:08 AM
so do you think its time to add 5th skills lot?:)

Would love a fifth skill. A new 5th skill would be even better! Earth for a Mage. Fire arrow for Rogue. Bull Rage for warrior (yes im just coming up with anything)....... My point is a bit of diversity would go along way :)

STS make too much money from respecing. so i doubt it would be implemented.

Bonthan
12-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Crafting skill please :)

Each subset skill is based on a particular stat
Blacksmith is str+dex/4 for example
Gem crafting could be int+dex/4 for another
Or....rogue gets fire gem mastery

Please give me another reason to lvl up a new guy :)

wvhills
12-02-2013, 08:31 AM
we kind of have to have a 5th or even 6th skill available at next cap don't we? Otherwise everyone will be running around with the same builds. Even adding a 5th skill may not diversify that much because we'll be getting 6 more skill points. That's why I say we may need 2 new skills.

Here's a few additional things to consider:
1. Rogues' mana issues would be greatly intensified.
2. Cooldown times. With Aimed and Nox being 2 second cooldowns the additional skill(s) would have to be really good for us to interrupt our aimed/nox/third skill cycle. So instead of a straight up offensive skill I'd like to see any new rogue skills be something like traps/razor/and smokes- things that have long durations so we don't have to break up our aimed and nox combination.

RyFG
12-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Hope the 5 th skill wish will come truth

Saribeau
12-02-2013, 08:42 AM

uhh no..... he said a one time exchange. pay 1 time and you can switch builds all u want. u cannot change the skills on the build unless u respec but if u buy the 1 time plat cost for dual spec u can change back and forth. thats what he said.

Crowsfoot
12-02-2013, 11:05 AM
so do you think its time to add 5th skills slot?:)

I'd like to see a fith skill slot either at the lvl41 or 46 cap, more so the lvl46 cap. Even if it takes to the lvl51 cap I will be fine.

I already use a five skill spec and remap to adjust to each situation. However, I only see 12 more skill points I wish I had. Therefore, by the lvl51 cap I will be forced to use what I call "throw away points" in passive upgrades I don't need and make almost no change in my power.

Zuzeq
12-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Yeah, it would be time at around lvl 46.

Skeokateva
12-02-2013, 11:12 AM
+1 for dual specing

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

inkredible
12-02-2013, 11:15 AM
we need 5th slot ! :)

Trenton
12-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I get it , just read him final phrase , he says " ofc a 1 plat exchange" , maybe u need read twice I actually added my OWN twist to his, once again- L2readpls

Spyce
12-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Of course!
People have been wanting more since the beginning of Arcane Legends.

phillyr
12-03-2013, 12:19 PM
I use 6 skills currently and just switch when pve pvp

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Desperoto
12-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Dont want 5th skill but they they should make proper dps rotation for all classes.
A tank with Dps will ruin pvp

Crowsfoot
12-03-2013, 03:24 PM
A tank with Dps will ruin pvp

Nah, I kinda like it ;)

Ravager
12-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Regardless of positives and negatives, we need the 5th skill. There is a lack of pvp players compared to the way it used to be when it first came out. We need a major change. Some people freaked out when pets were first introduced but then sts was able to refine and balance it a bit. They can do the same for a 5th skill.

Instanthumor
12-03-2013, 07:35 PM
+1, but sucks for those people with mana issues. Now they'll need enough mana to handle another skill.

Puntus
12-03-2013, 08:53 PM
If they ll update 5th skill maybe they have to make a 2 new skills too , because now we have 8 skills and u can use 4 apprently, so if they put 2 new skills im agreed to update 5th skills, more variately , more different builds , more tactic , more funny in my opinion. I want skills>gear not gear>skills. so +1 5th skill , and +1 make new skills

Kostral
12-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Uhmm.. some big finger owner will be unhappy about this ^^

Avshow
12-04-2013, 01:00 PM
new skills and new skill slots have been suggested lots time............

Youngmurda
12-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Tbh tanks would be more OP with 5th skill tho and rouges would just run out of mana even quicker then they already do... And mages will dominate even more over rouges then they already do overall. but hey I don't mind a 5th skill slot. I just won't play as rouge class lol

Oedid
01-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Yes to DUAL SPEC!

Sheener
01-11-2014, 08:20 PM
The extra skill would be interesting everyone would die faster. The dual skill set for pve and pvp would be nice but help rogues and mages more than warriors

Ravager
01-12-2014, 03:42 AM
And why is the main attack so much bigger than the 4 skills. All of them can be clicked on and held down equally. If the main attack button size was reduced I'm sure there's a way to fit a 5th skill.

Anarchist
01-12-2014, 05:09 AM
Rogues only need 4 skills for pvp so they won't benefit from this.

Better.

sayherro
01-12-2014, 06:51 AM
I would say no to the 5th skill slot because its hard enough having enough mana for 4 skills, let alone adding another skill on top of that. Instead of the 5th slot you could more upgrades for each skill.

Also I would say the dual skill set idea is a great one, although I probably wouldn't use a pvp/pve set. I find pvp is just dominated by people with full arcane/mythics sets so I would use the dual skill set for maybe a farm set and another set for tough fights, like soloing strong bosses.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

phillyr
01-12-2014, 09:16 AM
The extra skill would be interesting everyone would die faster. The dual skill set for pve and pvp would be nice but help rogues and mages more than warriors

The gem "upgrade" system helps warriors more than rogues out mages...so why not

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Maunyabastian
01-12-2014, 10:26 AM
It will be cooler if they make it like in Zenonia 5.
We can slide the skill slot, so those 8 skills are playable.
1 slide contains 4 skills.

But I must say it's just too fast to think about new skill slot(s).

Rianaku
01-12-2014, 04:40 PM
+1 to 5th skill slot. +1 to 2 extra skills for each class. I believe Maybe not now, or 41, but 46 cap, what we have will be enough and if skills+skills slot aren't expanded in some way, the level expansion(s) will become boring and pointless apart from hours of grinding + plat spent.

So, maybe not now, but in the near furture I agree.

Although @Maunyabastian that's a good idea. Idk how well it'd work on a mobile game, but good idea nevertheless. :)

X29798
01-20-2014, 01:42 AM
Please add another skill slot and some new active skills would be nice.

There is a limited combination of skills that work in elite and normal maps. Unless there is a new skill or slot people have continue to use the same skills over and over and over again. It does get boring.

Daniel Banuelos
01-21-2014, 03:50 AM
The new skill slot is good for mage but will make war and rogue powerful

Xeusx
01-21-2014, 04:01 AM
The new skill slot is good for mage but will make war and rogue powerful
Hmm, mythic mage, warr, and rogue are powerful
Are you dont think about it ? :P

Xeusx
01-21-2014, 04:01 AM

Omg, i love that game :)

Daniel Banuelos
01-21-2014, 04:36 AM
Hmm, mythic mage, warr, and rogue are powerful
Are you dont think about it ? :P

Your comment is hard to process in my mind

Madnex
01-21-2014, 05:15 AM
While this is great and all, I don't see it happening. Changing some effects of the current skills sounds possible though.

Dual spec? Not a chance unless a completely new specializing system is added.

I'd personally prefer an actual skill tree, starting with two main branches. Each of them unlocks different effects of the already existing skills (eg. fireball updates on things like range, damage, casting speed, etc).

Add an store option to color your skills and get burried in riches from platinum purchases.

Anarchist
01-21-2014, 01:11 PM
I came out with some skills this afternoon (europe time) see if you like them:

Dragon skills (www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?134604-What-about-this-new-skills-for-upcoming-expansion)

dantus
01-21-2014, 02:03 PM
Well rogues will have mana issues making a mage necessary. ..warriors are already using 6 skills..hell I'll take it.

Nesox
01-22-2014, 12:51 PM
Many months ago I would have jumped all over the 5th skill bandwagon, but not any more. First, I like that the having only 4 skills does add at least a little variation to builds. With 5 skills we will see even less variation, not more. Second, adding a fifth skill will do nothing to fix the current game shortcomings. What we need is to even out the classes in PvP and then tweek the weaker existing skills to be more useful. Keep only four slots but actually have 8 viable choices to choose from. Not only would would the added variation make gameplay more fun but STS would make a fortune on respecs when there is actually more than one practical PvE spec and one PvE spec for each class.

A fifth skill is nothing but a bandaid fix for those who want it all and those who think it will help minimize current class inequality.

dantus
01-22-2014, 01:20 PM
A mage has at least tons of equally viable builds for different circumstances. 1V1 with a war/mage/rogue all have different builds. Timed runs farming arena all have different builds. Just out of these situations every single talent is used. That's not including different group pvp configurations.

Anarchist
01-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Many months ago I would have jumped all over the 5th skill bandwagon, but not any more. First, I like that the having only 4 skills does add at least a little variation to builds. With 5 skills we will see even less variation, not more. Second, adding a fifth skill will do nothing to fix the current game shortcomings. What we need is to even out the classes in PvP and then tweek the weaker existing skills to be more useful. Keep only four slots but actually have 8 viable choices to choose from. Not only would would the added variation make gameplay more fun but STS would make a fortune on respecs when there is actually more than one practical PvE spec and one PvE spec for each class.

A fifth skill is nothing but a bandaid fix for those who want it all and those who think it will help minimize current class inequality.

Personally i just want a 5th skill cause it would be cool. c:

Serancha
01-24-2014, 10:31 AM

Avabel works that way too, one set of skills with a trigger switch to the next set. They have 3 "slides" which i think is too much.

For this situation though, 2 sets of 4 skills? Give us the ability to use them all, and then we have to figure out how to make the points we have work the best. Of course that would mean we need to change shadow storm to something useful that recovers mana, but otherwise, I think it may get people interested in builds and tactics again.

I don't think it's too soon for this at all. We lost a ton of players this season because once their armor was upgraded, there was nothing to work towards (well there was, just nothing quite as obvious as searching for gear). Having the ability to use more skills would mean learning new techniques etc. It would make the game fresh again.

Maunyabastian
04-21-2015, 08:25 AM
I'm the forum necromancer.
Now, come rise again from the death, my old thread.

::thread rises from the dead thanks to necromancer Maunyabastian:: :vD:

Come on let's discuss this one once and for all!
New cap, more skills!

Sky_is_epicgearz
04-22-2015, 04:15 AM
I'm the forum necromancer.
Now, come rise again from the death, my old thread.

Come on let's discuss this one once and for all!
New cap, more skills!

lol! xD
(text to make 11 chars)

Maunyabastian
04-22-2015, 09:29 AM
lol! xD
(text to make 11 chars)

I ain't joking, I mean here's my 'advanced' suggestion:
So, L46 is coming shortly and people will race to level up their L41s. Question is, what are they going to do with those 5 SP? Add their passive stats? Well, I suggest and I think it would be better if we add the 5th skill slot. I mean this will be a great refreshment to the community. New challenges await us, I mean Warriors can play a new trick of combining Juggernaut, VB, and the 'blue horn for supportive style' (I forget the skill name, because I rarely use it. Never actually.) Mages? OMG, Avatar is real! Fire, wind, ice, lightning, these are hazardous skills! Added with a shield, mages will be the PvE demigod, surpass their ancestor Vili. Rogues? Crit and kill.

Come on, STG! This has been suggested for many times. It's not that hard actually.

Twinisland
04-22-2015, 01:32 PM
I don't think rouges get that much out of this compared to mages and wars which makes this a great idea *evil laugh*