PDA

View Full Version : Pet peeves in the game

Terracio
12-02-2013, 03:52 PM
What are some of your pet peeves when playing the game?

Some of my top are

1) Lowball offers. Sometimes I try to merch and nothing makes me lose my cool quite like this specially if they don't give up.

They offer you at like 40% market/cs value. I don't even reply continue announcing. They try again. I say "no thanks", they try again with a thinly veiled attempt to make me think I'm asking too much or I won't sell it.

There all politeness goes out the window

2) people who don't use pets. If you're a rogue and you're out of mana use pots, trust me those autoattack arrows aren't doing a whole lot to Fenix.

3) In PVP when the rogues in your team fail to realize they should attack the rogues behind the tank and theeeen take care of the rest.

Ebezaanec
12-02-2013, 10:02 PM
My true pet peeve is when my pet is too darn slow to catch up to me...

Morholt
12-03-2013, 01:13 AM
When people are pretty much begging you to buy their items at high prices.
I don't mean items you want either...I mean when they randomly request to trade with you and you look and say you don't need it.

Sky_is_epicgearz
12-03-2013, 05:18 AM
My true pet peeve is when my pet is too darn slow to catch up to me...

i agree with this

Saribeau
12-03-2013, 07:34 AM
When people are pretty much begging you to buy their items at high prices.
I don't mean items you want either...I mean when they randomly request to trade with you and you look and say you don't need it.

"George wants to trade with you"
Me: "huh?"
*george puts some random lvl 35 item up*
George: "25k"
Me: "uhh this is worth 1k"
Me: "Also this is my twink and my money is my main, and i dont need it. no thanks"
*i cancel trade*
Me: "bye"
George: "@$#% you"

thats how it is EVERYTIME.

keikali
12-03-2013, 08:56 AM
"George wants to trade with you"
Me: "huh?"
*george puts some random lvl 35 item up*
Me: "uhh this is worth 1k"
Me: "Also this is my twink and my money is my main, and i dont need it. no thanks"
*i cancel trade*
Me: "bye"
George: "@$#% you"

thats how it is EVERYTIME.

Pretty much this. Random person asks to trade with you. You ignore it, they do it again so you open up. They then throw some items up there and ask for an amount. Seriously? When you say no thanks, a majority say "noob". lolwut?

Desperoto
12-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Or the poeple that are saying:
'Sell pet 150k'

FluffNStuff
12-03-2013, 12:53 PM
What are some of your pet peeves when playing the game?

Some of my top are

1) Lowball offers. Sometimes I try to merch and nothing makes me lose my cool quite like this specially if they don't give up.

They offer you at like 40% market/cs value. I don't even reply continue announcing. They try again. I say "no thanks", they try again with a thinly veiled attempt to make me think I'm asking too much or I won't sell it.

There all politeness goes out the window

"Merchants" who don't know how to negotiate. If I ask I the price and they say 'offer', of course I am gonna offer the lowest. Then they just say ... 'No thanks?' What is that? Where is the counter offer? The give an take. The meet in the middle? What were they expecting? When someone says offer, they are asking you to bid against no one, so yes, 40% market is a good place to start. 100%? Why would anyone START at 100%? Unless there is more then one person yelling to buy, I just don't see it.

Edit. Realized 40% is stupid. 80% offers that get ignored bother me, but when selling, I do get those true lowballs. Basically the person either does not know the value of the item or more likely hopes you don't. Either way their not worth your time. My usual response to them is "Buying locks 1K".

Roberto077
12-03-2013, 12:57 PM
1. Grammar
2. Over powered noobs
3. Most sellers (over pricing)
4. Onade worshippers
5. Ice patches
6. Underpowered pros (represent!)
7. Platinum everything

BrutalForceX-
12-03-2013, 02:55 PM
No 1. When you're the tank and run km/wt your party Mage rushes forward to pull mobs, groups a lot and you see his hp dropping faster than flies and you gotta save his *** with a charged taunt.

No 2. When you're the tank pulling mobs the Mage runs behind you and starts blasting the mobs running after you even though you're not done pulling. The rest of the party stops with the Mage and ignore you. (Hello, I wouldn't mind if you had like 600dps and can finish them off with 2 hits.

No 3. Random people requesting to be your friends. Look buddy I don't even know you. This ain't Facebook aite? I thought this happened pretty much at lower levels. Boy was I wrong. Capped players do it too -_-

Crowsfoot
12-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Pet peeves: people that complain about things every does at some point.

Terracio
12-03-2013, 06:51 PM
I am gonna steal that "buying lockeds for 1k" as a reply from now on.

Terracio
12-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Pet peeves: people that complain about things every does at some point.

So its complaining about people who complain? That some Inception level stuff right there.

Emmacheese
12-04-2013, 08:25 AM
"Can I try your weapon on to see what it looks like on me"
"Can I borrow your weapon"
"Can you show me weapon in trade window"
"Can I trade you 10 locked for your weapon"
Or just simply ..... "Can I have your weapon"

The list is endless I get many of these a day :cat:

Saribeau
12-04-2013, 09:02 AM
"Can I try your weapon on to see what it looks like on me"
"Can I borrow your weapon"
"Can you show me weapon in trade window"
"Can I trade you 10 locked for your weapon"
Or just simply ..... "Can I have your weapon"

The list is endless I get many of these a day :cat:

yup. when i used my war it was
"can i have that hammer?"
"where u get that hammer?"
"that axe is cool. can i have it?"

ME: "NO."

then they beg for pets. thats the worst so i just have a noob gear set so in travelers outpost i just have on common armor and helm and some weak rare weap and horton or barney or something. that works pretty well

Beelzebewb
12-04-2013, 09:13 AM
"Merchants" who don't know how to negotiate. If I ask I the price and they say 'offer', of course I am gonna offer the lowest. Then they just say ... 'No thanks?' What is that? Where is the counter offer? The give an take. The meet in the middle? What were they expecting? When someone says offer, they are asking you to bid against no one, so yes, 40% market is a good place to start. 100%? Why would anyone START at 100%? Unless there is more then one person yelling to buy, I just don't see it.

Edit. Realized 40% is stupid. 80% offers that get ignored bother me, but when selling, I do get those true lowballs. Basically the person either does not know the value of the item or more likely hopes you don't. Either way their not worth your time. My usual response to them is "Buying locks 1K".

THIS!

People who just do. not. haggle. They should be slapped in the face. This is how markets work. Price is too high? Make an offer. Offer is too low? Request something higher, or additional items, or whatever. Don't just say "no" and walk away, put some effort into it and you'll spend less time trying to get rid of the item!

P.S. I buy your locks for 1,001 gold.

Skystarnight
12-04-2013, 11:09 AM
1. Beggers, go farm your own gold...where do you think my gold came from jeez -.-
2.Random invites, I tend to block random invites now,or pt with a friend.
3. laaggggg.....
4.People asking me to borrow my lep or wepon
5. people asking lower prices for what the item is really worth
6. overreacting people
7. Ice.
8. Random friend invites, idk you so sho sho
Wow i could kepp listing but those are my top ones :)

Sorcerie
12-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Random party invites are the worst, imo. I mean c'mon at least introduce yourself and ask for help first.

I might actually join with a proper invite, don't just party invite me and expect me to join all willy nilly.

AL_Newbie
12-04-2013, 12:08 PM
new here and i really dislike it when people ask for "heal" or "mana" and then say newb for not healing them.

Saribeau
12-04-2013, 02:07 PM
new here and i really dislike it when people ask for "heal" or "mana" and then say newb for not healing them.

yeah when i get 5 plat imma respec my mage to not give mana in the heal. deal with it ;)

Uctiger62
12-04-2013, 02:21 PM
People hocking their goods for the same price as in auction. If you're too cheap to pay the listing fee don't expect to get retail price for it. My offer will automatically be minus the listing fee (and probably even less) because you're a cheap and lazy individual.

Morholt
12-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Oooo, I have another:
When you're in a map and someone continuously invites you to party with them, even after you have declined it 13 times.

How can I know when to gib mana plz if I can't see your mana bar?!

:P

LordDravek
12-04-2013, 04:53 PM
1. That moment when you're running a map solo with a noob char, and some random lv36 joins to kill the boss and leave before you even get there.

2. Ice patches
3. Crap random luck game programming
4. HEAL! MANA! OMG! YOU NOOB! *PARTY KICK*
5. Guild Market Control (yes. We do this.)
6. (Luck again) Paying $3k+ usd for plat and no arcane while seeing someone say "I bought $2 usd plat, opened one locked, got arcane!" *face palm tear*
7. DC during map. Log back in. Can't rejoin party.... but somehow... still in party.
8. My girlfriend whining because I play video games on my phone instead of giving her attention while I play video games on my phone.
9. STS making plat deals and having specials on non-payday weekends. (Every time)
10. HEAL! MANA! "pots noob." OMG! *PARTY KICK*

I'll think of more later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Roberto077
12-04-2013, 05:39 PM
How can I know when to gib mana plz if I can't see your mana bar?!

:P

The one makes me question the existence of humans.

Temarichan
12-04-2013, 06:09 PM
1) My Mage "misses" it's heal on others
2) dying (can't be helped but I don't like it xD )
3) boss reset
4) annoying people in general
5) people who act like they know everything
6) liars
7) party invites
8) "please help me"
9) "please lend me money"
10) "what are your (mythic) gear called? I wanna buy it!" "Good luck finding this type in CS"
11) random friend requests
12) plat doesn't redeem first try
13) a silent guild chat
14) people who doesn't read my [I--Am--AFK] sign
15) people mad at me for no reason
16) constant PMs

Derezzzed
12-04-2013, 06:17 PM
1. The number 1 cause of death in arlor is lag

2. Ice patches

3. Bloodhammers "Shell Shock"

4. Random invites