PDA

View Full Version : Equips & Skills for Level 36 PvE Build

S3adra
12-03-2013, 02:02 AM
I'm almost there! I'm near level 36 Sorcerer yey!
I'm planning to do RESPEC and cause i want to be prepared on what to be my final equipments and pve(/pvp) skills.
FYI: honestly, i can't afford mythic/arcane.. normal equips in the auction will do.

Anyway,.. I found these equipments somewhere here in the Sorcerer Class Discussion:
(36) Pylon of Brutality?
(36) Hellish Crown of Versatility?
(36) Hellish Robe of Versatility?
(36) Ruby Band of Brutality?
(36) Infused Brooch of Assault?
(36) What Pet to Buy?

Questions:
1. Should I focus on int/STR(items above were focused on health/armor/damage) or int/DEX Equips?
2. What skills is the best for PvE type sorcerer (hunt/elite/boost/solo/dungeons/farm/pvp)?
3. Is there any alternative Equips for me beside those given equips above?

Credits to/all members who replied on @kamikazees thread. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?124628-equipment-advice-for-level-36)

Simulated
12-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Personally I use a gleipnir necklace because it provided a little but of everything , and it is also free. As for pets I choose grim, however I believe Colton and conga are good for sorcerers.

S3adra
12-03-2013, 02:29 AM
FYI: I\m level 35 and These are my Level 25 Full Equipments and Skills Sets
I know you will ask me why i bought this equips.. answer.. is it because i know i'll be having hard time to kills mobs using a normal level 25 sets equips thats why i decided to buy these decent equips.. but x2 exp ruined it haha so i didnt really feel the items.. but im thankful AL gave us x2.. x2 exp on christmas holidays as 1 of my wish lists :)

Equips:
(25) Dimensional Percussion of Brutality
(25) Ornate Loop of Percussion
(25) Clever Demonologist Bones of Security
(25) Ensorcelled Band of Potency
(25) Superb Amulet of Brutality
Goat as my Pet (+10% Damage, +10% Crit)

Skills: 1 point left
(4/5) Fire - No Scorch
(4/5) Ice - No Arctic Shatter
(4/5) Shield - No Displacement Wave
(3/5) Time - No Dodge & Death / No Time Bomb
(2/5) Light - No 3 & 5
(5/5) Knowledge
(5/5) Might
(5/5) Damage

Newcomx
12-03-2013, 04:41 AM
[QUOTE=S3adra;1360700] Questions:
1. Should I focus on int/STR(items above were focused on health/armor/damage) or int/DEX Equips?
2. What skills is the best for PvE type sorcerer (hunt/elite/boost/solo/dungeons/farm/pvp)?
3. Is there any alternative Equips for me beside those given equips above?

If you pve solo, you can add str to your gear, but if with party, go for full int (prepare 2 sets of gear)...

Skill depend on play style.. I'm using lightning, frost, shield, and lifegiver...

Alternative? Lepre? :D.. im using Nord Jewel of Brutality (35), and Night Ocean Ripple of Warfare (36) with better Int and armor stats, and 2 slot

For pet below 100k.. Orion

Wutzgood
12-03-2013, 02:35 PM
I use the exact gear you have except I have the lunar amulet instead. I would get it if you can. Other armor choices are:

Architect of grace=max damage (mobs)
Architect of will=max health (bosses)

For skills I go all offense:

Fireball-4/5
Ice-4/5
Lightning-3/5
Clock-4/5

Passive:
Int-5/5
Dex-5/5
Str-5/5
Damage-5/5

Its destructive to use but have to learn to dodge properly to use. I keep the architect of will set for bosses where I need more health to survive.

S3adra
12-03-2013, 10:03 PM
@newcomx - i don't think there's a full int equips around? either int/str or int/dex
for that Nord Jewel and Night Ocean - i'm going to check them, i hope they're not to expensive :P

@wutzgood - your sets of skills looks good but youre right.. i need to learn how to dodge atatcks! no shield no heal OMG

thank you for the reply :) you have your own sets of EQ and skills specially gameplay.. i can't make decision yet but at least your suggestions were really helpful.

Newcomx
12-03-2013, 10:21 PM
@newcomx - i don't think there's a full int equips around? either int/str or int/dex
for that Nord Jewel and Night Ocean - i'm going to check them, i hope they're not to expensive :P

I mean maximize your int :D... Nordr Jewel less damage than Architech, but i'm looking for reducing 50% enemy movement speed in the Nordr Jewel.
I you compare Night Ocean (2 slots) with Ruby Band (1 slot) and all slots filled with glacial gems, Night Ocean have more damage than ruby, and also cheaper even total with glacial price :D

S3adra
12-03-2013, 11:06 PM
I mean maximize your int :D... Nordr Jewel less damage than Architech, but i'm looking for reducing 50% enemy movement speed in the Nordr Jewel.
I you compare Night Ocean (2 slots) with Ruby Band (1 slot) and all slots filled with glacial gems, Night Ocean have more damage than ruby, and also cheaper even total with glacial price :D

Ocean gives 39int + 2 gems 6int = 45int, 1.9dmg, 40 armor
Ruby Band = 19str, 37int, 3.0dmg + 1 glacial 40int

i can receive more on ruby band i think.. 40int + 3dmg + 19str

S3adra
12-03-2013, 11:11 PM
so you mean.. all my equips should have glacial gems on it?
even if (sample Armor with 30STR 20INT) which is focused on STR.. still, should i put Glacial Gem on it? or Blood Gem?

how about my weap/hood/armor? any suggestions? ORION 100k less aw

Nesox
12-03-2013, 11:36 PM
I use the exact gear you have except I have the lunar amulet instead. I would get it if you can. Other armor choices are:

Architect of grace=max damage (mobs)
Architect of will=max health (bosses)

For skills I go all offense:

Fireball-4/5
Ice-4/5
Lightning-3/5
Clock-4/5

Passive:
Int-5/5
Dex-5/5
Str-5/5
Damage-5/5

I use this build but also keep a couple points in Shield as a fifth skill to substitute for elite when you need a little more defense. While strength stats in gear is good for hp it isn't really worth sacrifice more Int for. Stick with pure Int builds with strong Int gear (glacial Gems)

S3adra
12-04-2013, 12:04 AM
I use this build but also keep a couple points in Shield as a fifth skill to substitute for elite when you need a little more defense. While strength stats in gear is good for hp it isn't really worth sacrifice more Int for. Stick with pure Int builds with strong Int gear (glacial Gems)

but all equips have str/int or dex/int combination right?
should i go int/str or int/dex equips? of course more int than 2nd stat

skills: no heal and shield? spam pots boom..
fireball 4/5 no scorch
ice 4/5 no?
light 3/5 no?
clock 4/5 no?
as you maxed your dex passive, i might go with int/dex equips rather than int/str? is that it?
how about crit? i have light skill but my crit is low? isnt it useless? else i go with int/crit equips?

equips: you're using same sets of EQs with what i've listed?

thanks

Nesox
12-05-2013, 04:40 AM
That will depend on your style. I prefer STR as a secondary stat on gear for hp, and use Ribbit to make up the Crit rate. Others will like DEX for more crit/dodge and use a different pet to complement their style. There is no right answer, although there are a few wrong ones.

Newcomx
12-05-2013, 11:14 PM
so you mean.. all my equips should have glacial gems on it?
even if (sample Armor with 30STR 20INT) which is focused on STR.. still, should i put Glacial Gem on it? or Blood Gem?

how about my weap/hood/armor? any suggestions? ORION 100k less aw

Depend on your playstyle.. but i think sorc should stick with Int build... unless if u running solo, u can change to str gear or add blood gem.. but i personally using full int, cause my sorc already use shield and heal, no need for extra protection.. but nicer if u prepare 2 sets of gear, just in case u want to add str..

S3adra
12-05-2013, 11:23 PM
@Nesox & @Newcomx - thanks, all answers were really appreciated!

As part of this, I might go with shield with int/str gears.
and i think i might end up with this equips:
(36) Pylon of Brutality
(36) Hellish Crown of Versatility
(36) Hellish Robe of Versatility
(36) Ruby Band of Brutality
(36) Infused Brooch of Assault
(36) Orion, still not sure.. i need to complete my set first before pet :P

I know it would took me a long time to complete this.. but atleast i have them backed up already.
Should i start buying weapon first? haha or hood/armor? ring/amulet? haha

Cause right now im just using this for my YEY GRATS to me level 36 Sorc:
(36) Shuyal Staff of Force
(36) Shadow Guard's Cowl of Stability
(36) Shadow Guard's Robe of Force
(35) Ornate Braid of Force
(34) Stone Amulet of Potency

Switching Pets: Goat/Squash/Alejandro

What do you think?

Newcomx
12-06-2013, 01:20 AM
U might save your gold to buy lepre first :D

S3adra
12-06-2013, 03:29 AM
@newcomx - lepre pendant? 700k aution price WTH OP!?
why should i buy it first?
my current dmg with that EQ is 240DMG only so my plan is to finish my full vll 36 sets ko then buy pet then others.. but if i saved golds for this i might not last longer if i do elites with that kind of sets (normal lvl 36 equips)

Wutzgood
12-06-2013, 01:00 PM
U might save your gold to buy lepre first :D

This should always be what you save for first. Then making gold for everything else becomes much easier. After that I would go with the staff then armor then ring/amulet.

Newcomx
12-06-2013, 10:59 PM
@newcomx - lepre pendant? 700k aution price WTH OP!?
why should i buy it first?
my current dmg with that EQ is 240DMG only so my plan is to finish my full vll 36 sets ko then buy pet then others.. but if i saved golds for this i might not last longer if i do elites with that kind of sets (normal lvl 36 equips)

Cheapest price of Leprechaun Pendant now in auction is 204k.. i think not more than a week u already achieve more than 200k gold with lepre..

S3adra
12-06-2013, 11:18 PM
This should always be what you save for first. Then making gold for everything else becomes much easier. After that I would go with the staff then armor then ring/amulet.

Ok, i might buy lepre first, but can you help mw with this, 36 pylon of brutality costs around 400-500k but 35 pylon of brutality only costs 100-150k. 36 gives extra 4dps, 1str only but the price range is way too high.. And for me 400k is pricy unlike 100k, id rather sacrifice some points rather than to lose armor and hood,

just want to say if i have 400k i can complete my set already, if i buy 35weap else 400k will bw for my weap only..

Got my point sirs? Need help.. Tia

Wutzgood
12-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Ok, i might buy lepre first, but can you help mw with this, 36 pylon of brutality costs around 400-500k but 35 pylon of brutality only costs 100-150k. 36 gives extra 4dps, 1str only but the price range is way too high.. And for me 400k is pricy unlike 100k, id rather sacrifice some points rather than to lose armor and hood,

just want to say if i have 400k i can complete my set already, if i buy 35weap else 400k will bw for my weap only..

Got my point sirs? Need help.. Tia

Trust me better to save for leprechaun amulet first. Then. Get level 36 if you are level 36. Leprechaun amulet will make 100k look like 1000 gold.

S3adra
12-07-2013, 12:30 AM
I have 200k on my name now.
Actually i can buy it now but im still waiting maybe therws someone who will sell it under 200k :P thanks

But do you think i can handle shuyal orr elite with those kind of equip sets.. See above for reference. Tia

Wutzgood
12-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah you will be fine in shuyal with that gear. I used the devourer staff in shuyal till I bought the architect one.

Newcomx
12-08-2013, 09:06 PM
I have 200k on my name now.
Actually i can buy it now but im still waiting maybe therws someone who will sell it under 200k :P thanks

But do you think i can handle shuyal orr elite with those kind of equip sets.. See above for reference. Tia

Those gear only supporting... the most important is how well do you play? Practice makes perfect :D

S3adra
12-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Btw my plan is to respec soon.. I read about drgrim build

Curse/frost/light/shield
Do you think its good for pve/elite?
I noticed that the build was made for pvp..

And really? Fireball misses? No more stun, i mean less stun?

Newcomx
12-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Btw my plan is to respec soon.. I read about drgrim build

Curse/frost/light/shield
Do you think its good for pve/elite?
I noticed that the build was made for pvp..

And really? Fireball misses? No more stun, i mean less stun?

I'm not using fireball so don't know about that..
I think that skill build is for pvp..

S3adra
12-11-2013, 12:21 AM
i might go with a crit type sorc, but still not sure how much crit% needed to obtain the lightning +250%dmg, does crit affect the skills? or just normal attacks? sample frost/fireball???

Wutzgood
12-11-2013, 10:16 AM
i might go with a crit type sorc, but still not sure how much crit% needed to obtain the lightning +250%dmg, does crit affect the skills? or just normal attacks? sample frost/fireball???

Adding to the crit passive increases how often you will get a critical attack. The +250% damage of lightning is automatic if you critical an enemy and have that skill. I personally prefer passive damage since its happening with every attack I make instead of waiting for a crit to see the boost.

Chiazihu
12-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Anyway,.. I found these equipments somewhere here in the Sorcerer Class Discussion:
(36) Pylon of Brutality?
(36) Hellish Crown of Versatility?
(36) Hellish Robe of Versatility?
(36) Ruby Band of Brutality?
(36) Infused Brooch of Assault?
(36) What Pet to Buy?[/URL]

Actually,for me,Hellish is useless..Its better ro use Wintermancer of assault(both)
Then,the ring,Im always trying to find Night Ocean Riple of Warfare WITH 3.1 DMG AND 41(or higher)Int.. But Im using ruby too...For the amulet,Infused is good but Superb is better for me..I dont know if yhe Tarlok's heart of assault(amulet) is better than superb..If u a Millionaire,just buy samael or brother whim..If u just a normal player like me,Use colton,crawly,clyde,orion ans much more i didnt know about the pet..Hope this useful..Or maybe this is a spam ツ

Chiazihu
12-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Frost is better..coz its freezing the cd is short..But my mage not using frost= ̄ω ̄=
Im using Fireball,Lightning,Shield,Heal,Gale force
...1 more thing..if u a normal player,use the pet that(Happiness Bonus)plusing ur dmg and crit...

Chiazihu
12-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Personally I use a gleipnir necklace because it provided a little but of everything , and it is also free. As for pets I choose grim, however I believe Colton and conga are good for sorcerers.
Konga? Are you mean clyde?

Chiazihu
12-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Ocean gives 39int + 2 gems 6int = 45int, 1.9dmg, 40 armor
Ruby Band = 19str, 37int, 3.0dmg + 1 glacial 40int

i can receive more on ruby band i think.. 40int + 3dmg + 19str

Ocean that have 1.9 dmg is very very very useless..(for dmg)therefore,The ocean thats lvl 31 and 3.0 is better than the common Ocean for mage...

Chiazihu
12-11-2013, 10:49 AM
but all equips have str/int or dex/int combination right?
should i go int/str or int/dex equips?

If i is you,i choose Int and blood..im just usong blood on my armor(1 slot)and amulet(1 slot)but i get super gem *^▁^*

Sceazikua
12-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Yea I find ruby better than ocean. Ocean only gives extra armor.
And the pylon of brutality lvl 36 is very expensive. Im using the potency one, it gives 150 more hp or so but about 10 less damage, and is 10 times cheaper too, so its more economical.
The hellish of versatility were the best legendary gear in Halloween event, it even beats architect and demonlord because it gives flat amount of all stat, but now the frozen of versatility (all stat ones just exactly like hellish) and of assault (with flat damage bonus but less hp) are flooded in cs because of an exploit. The assault ones are one of the very few legendary type armors/helms that give damage I see (only shadow guard helm of rogue and devourer armor of mages are all I know), but now its flooded and very cheap. So if you want hp over 3k, use versatility ones. If you want about 15 damage bonus (according to my mage), use the assault ones.
Also, the tarlok amulet of assault is now flooded too, which can be found easily under 20k in cs, gives flat stat and flat damage and 100 hp and some armor too. Its very good to use, almost beat mythic amulets. Other than that, you can also use infused brooch (I was using this before I have the tarlok amulet and its really good).

Morholt
12-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Pve & especially with non-mythic gear, you should be more concerned about stopping your enemy in place and hitting mobs.
Stick with the highly effective classic skills of fireball/time/ice; 4th can be your pick--shield and heal are the normal choices, but you may like curse in elite maps, or lite for bosses. The nice thing about this combo is that you can time your skills to pretty much stop large mobs of enemies in their tracks, while tons of constant damage over time drops their life quickly. Your rogue & warrior teammates--who have to get up close and personal--will greatly appreciate you, as they won't be getting hit very much, especially in elite maps.
If you're trying to farm elite maps with only moderate gear, your teammates can find you to still be a very valuable teammate if you are built for team work, rather than trying to do a little more damage--honestly, I don't even want a full arcane/mythic mage in elite maps using a build of shield/heal/wind/lite. The sorcerer is a class that can effectively make up for a lack of gear with smart skill play. Using a charged fireball, you can run through the normal maps solo'ing fine with running for things on the low maps. Aside from the bosses, my mage could clear Shuyal with ease at level 26 using fire/time/ice.

If you use gear with +int primary & +str secondary, you should be able to see over 3k life at 35/36, when 5/5 str passive and using the typical good sorc pets.

As for your concern about gear, get lvl 35 gear first. Lvl 35-36 is 26,000 experience points; the levels prior to that are all 2,600 exp. At level 35, get good/useable gear that isn't super expensive. Use something like a darkened rifle or pylon of potency for like 20k. While you're getting close to 36, start looking around for lvl 36 stuff. Look at your stats with items in the auction house and figure out what gives you the best stats for what you like to do.

Otahaanak
12-16-2013, 10:31 PM
^This
My only preference is for the rifle rather than the staff - it's cheaper for one, two it hits the target enemy without aiming (the Staff requires good aim and u to be next to enemy).

I should add for me I use 4 attack skills and I find the staff difficult to aim properly if I'm trying to avoid an attack. The gun always hits :-)

Vaeriu
12-20-2013, 06:49 PM

Please tell me you're joking about Konga?

Wutzgood
12-20-2013, 10:18 PM
^This
My only preference is for the rifle rather than the staff - it's cheaper for one, two it hits the target enemy without aiming (the Staff requires good aim and u to be next to enemy).

I should add for me I use 4 attack skills and I find the staff difficult to aim properly if I'm trying to avoid an attack. The gun always hits :-)

This actually depends on the staff being used. Certain ones like devourer you have to aim at the target while ones like nordr jewel or architect pylon hit everything around you even if they are behind the direction you are shooting. I only use staves and from alot of testing I have seen this work. Use good staves and you won't have to aim at the target.

Otahaanak
12-21-2013, 09:39 AM
This actually depends on the staff being used. Certain ones like devourer you have to aim at the target while ones like nordr jewel or architect pylon hit everything around you even if they are behind the direction you are shooting. I only use staves and from alot of testing I have seen this work. Use good staves and you won't have to aim at the target.

I Had the Architect Pylon of Brut before I got the mythic gun and just never felt like I was hitting anything. I'll give it another shot since it's the sole reason I haven't even bothered trying to save up for any of the current Staves available.

Wutzgood
12-21-2013, 12:57 PM
I Had the Architect Pylon of Brut before I got the mythic gun and just never felt like I was hitting anything. I'll give it another shot since it's the sole reason I haven't even bothered trying to save up for any of the current Staves available.

Test it out on low levels like brakenridgeridge and you will see certain staffs have a much larger attack radius than others. Nordr jewel and architect pylon have very large ones.