PDA

View Full Version : STS changed their mind!

Maalice
12-03-2013, 05:34 PM
So I know more than one of u has sold their old Christmas vanity because it has been said by devs that they will be returning. We'll now posted on fb page that the old vanities will not b returning! I sold all my Christmas vanities because Sam confirmed that they will be returning.... Now a hidden message on fb saying that they won't b now.... This is outrageous!!!

Derezzzed
12-03-2013, 05:36 PM
What?????? Link me to a page

Maalice
12-03-2013, 05:38 PM
It's on their Facebook page...!!!

Maalice
12-03-2013, 05:40 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ArcaneLegends

Maxcd
12-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Just to be clear, STS ONLY mentioned that arlor armor would be returning, they never mentioned winter's fury (which is the only updated vanity I see on their page)
EDIT: Whoops, just read the front page article on their FB page.
They said Arlor's would be returning. They never said they would return with or without modifications.

Maalice
12-03-2013, 05:41 PM
We'll they changed the name of my topic.... So thAts an indication that we will not receive an official explanation.... To many in game influences....

Maalice
12-03-2013, 05:43 PM

Roberto077
12-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Yes, thank you!!!!

I highly support this decision. Those who sold their sets didn't listen to the suggestions. Anyways, tough luck, maybe next year.

Allison
12-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Hey guys,

We totally get that some people would like for old stuff to not come back. However, on the other side of that coin, there are a lot of new players who would enjoy seeing those cool previous items come back. So we want to clearly set the expectation that old stuff will come back.

We do have plans for a lot of cool new stuff, but we also have plans to bring back old looks. Just like next year Halloween, you can expect to see some 2013 looks come back. Grimm will likely be back in 2014. Just like for Valentine's day, Big Love and Little Love will likely return.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

I myself only sold my winter arlor vanity because SamHayne lead us to believe the old looks would be returning as stated above. I'm upset that I decided to sell as I do not have enough to repurchase this vanity with the current prices. I originally bought this vanity with platinum, and thought because of Sam's announcement, it would be completely safe to sell for a bit of gold now and buy back later with platinum. I believe because STS, through SamHayne, already stated vanities would return, they should make good on that promise this time. If they want to keep certain vanities exclusive to certain years, they should please fulfill the "clear" promise that the "old stuff will come back" this year, and change it up next year as they wish.

VanRah
12-03-2013, 06:38 PM
I want the old sets!
I won't spend a plat on these new outfits if u don't keep ur word n give the older sets bk.

Derezzzed
12-03-2013, 06:40 PM
I myself only sold my winter arlor vanity because SamHayne lead us to believe the old looks would be returning as stated above. I'm upset that I decided to sell as I do not have enough to repurchase this vanity with the current prices. I originally bought this vanity with platinum, and thought because of Sam's announcement, it would be completely safe to sell for a bit of gold now and buy back later with platinum. I believe because STS, through SamHayne, already stated vanities would return, they should make good on that promise this time. If they want to keep certain vanities exclusive to certain years, they should please fulfill the "clear" promise that the "old stuff will come back" this year, and change it up next year as they wish.

Completely agree with this, alot of my guildmates sold there arlor sets because DEVs confirmed they'd be back, it's un-just to go back on there word and not release the old sets

Maalice
12-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Yes, thank you!!!!

I highly support this decision. Those who sold their sets didn't listen to the suggestions. Anyways, tough luck, maybe next year.

Why would I listen to suggestions when a dev has said that they are returning... that makes no sense

Derezzzed
12-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Why would I listen to suggestions when a dev has said that they are returning... that makes no sense

Exactly

Terracio
12-03-2013, 06:46 PM
I had none of those sets.

With that said, good. Early "adopters" should have something to feel special about and it is a nice way to help economy via merching or if somebody returns after a hiatus and owns one.

Furthermore it reassures me that my investments are not in useless.

To those complaining on selling, don't be selfish and inconsiderate. The person you sold to probably paid a pretty penny, would it be fair for them if they came back?

Kakashis
12-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Wow, devs turned on their word after clearly starting it in another thread! There was no predicting this

Maalice
12-03-2013, 06:54 PM

With that said, good. Early "adopters" should have something to feel special about and it is a nice way to help economy via merching or if somebody returns after a hiatus and owns one.

To those complaining on selling, don't be selfish and inconsiderate. The person you sold to probably paid a pretty penny, would it be fair for them if they came back?

That's what banners r for...

Terracio
12-03-2013, 06:58 PM

That's what banners r for...

Point taken, but plenty of people I've seen never cap either waiting for expansions cap raise or double xp weekends.
Furthermore many people invest with these things and you have to remember STS benefits from an influx of new or updated items.

Same vanities for every seasonal event = fewer plat spent.

I personally feel the pirate rings debacle was a bigger deal.

VanRah
12-03-2013, 07:04 PM

With that said, good. Early "adopters" should have somethithey comee special about and it is a nice way to help economy via merching or if somebody returns after a hiatus and owns one.

if u are so dumb to buy them after devs confirmed they will come bk, it's ur own problem. Hence it is fair that they come bk n devs keep the word given.

Commanderkeen
12-03-2013, 07:07 PM
They have the right to do whatever they want plain and simple.

Terracio
12-03-2013, 07:11 PM

That.
Im sure most who are complaining are pretty much being hypocrites, they pulled a fast one selling them thinking they could get it back for 25-50 plat and it backfired.

If you're in the (im willing to bet minority) group who just wanted them to wear them and no future profit then just save up, as countless did before you.

Maalice
12-03-2013, 07:18 PM

That's bad business bro

Commanderkeen
12-03-2013, 07:30 PM
That's bad business bro

Yes, yes it is. This is not the first time they have done this and surely not the last.

BudakGemuk
12-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Oho... Now this is news.

Instanthumor
12-03-2013, 07:34 PM
What. The. Heck. Is. This.

Allison
12-03-2013, 07:37 PM
That.
Im sure most who are complaining are pretty much being hypocrites, they pulled a fast one selling them thinking they could get it back for 25-50 plat and it backfired.

If you're in the (im willing to bet minority) group who just wanted them to wear them and no future profit then just save up, as countless did before you.

It's not pulling a fast one. It's selling an item in the time when it can't be purchased anywhere else. So for early use it is still worth as much as buyers are willing to pay. So selling for a profit was not a bad idea when STS announced they would be returning. Some of us like to wear them but were ok not wearing them for a couple months as we could buy them back in the future. But now the prices have jumped from just a temporary early release item price, to a long term rare item price, which is unobtainable for me at this point.

Also most of the people I have talked to really enjoy wearing Green Arlor the most of any vanity, and all feel duped by STS taking back their word, myself included.

Terracio
12-03-2013, 07:44 PM
That.

It's not pulling a fast one. It's selling an item in the time when it can't be purchased anywhere else. So for early use it is still worth as much as buyers are willing to pay. So selling for a profit was not a bad idea when STS announced they would be returning. Some of us like to wear them but were ok not wearing them for a couple months as we could buy them back in the future. But now the prices have jumped from just a temporary early release item price, to a long term rare item price, which is unobtainable for me at this point.

Also most of the people I have talked to really enjoy wearing Green Arlor the most of any vanity, and all feel duped by STS taking back their word, myself included.

I feel for you, it sucks, but not much can be done. Think back to pirate rings or with arcane hooks this season.
Sam had previously said arcane items would be the best of its kind for two additional seasons after release.

They didn't upgrade them, huge uproar.

They upgraded them slightly, like two weeks later mythic daggers arrived, so their word was broken again.

In this situation one of the sides was gonna end up losing. Those who bought or those who sold. I'm just glad I followed my gut and avoided messing with those vanities.

Terracio
12-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I'd like to add, maybe Devs should communicate more with us so stuff like this doesn't happen and come out straight instead of keeping stuff to the chest, it only lends itself to misinformation and assumptions.

During the arlor confusion somebody told me Winters Fury would be returning and was exhorting me to sell mine. Was it with good or bad intentions? Who knows but I decided to keep and it turned out to be false.

This person was stating this to me as a fact.

Maalice
12-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Conspiracy theory confirmed: sam is ctf

Disclaimer: this is a joke to ease my mood from the severe frustratiom and disapointment that I am feelimg towards this game and the devs... by nonoeans is ctf (one of the biggest merch) assosiated as being or knowing samhayne (dev that stated these vanoties would be returning).

Lazarvs
12-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Was really looking forward to buying my very first red arlor set :( But nvm gg worst Christmas ever :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

Valkiryas
12-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Very very disapoint....

STS you make the worst choice..... I just can say " Disapoint of this game "

Maalice
12-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Very very disapoint....

STS you make the worst choice..... I just can say " Disapoint of this game "

Agree... It's getting hard to believe what they say... Next is Grimm will return for easter

Rare
12-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Same vanities for every seasonal event = fewer plat spent.

Easy solution. Don't promise it. Just don't say anything.

Rare
12-03-2013, 08:35 PM

Nobody is doing they don't.

Yunfehn
12-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Boooooooo :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Xenobiotic
12-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Wow..smh but nice new vanities!

baddiva
12-03-2013, 10:13 PM
tho I'm not selfish enough to sell the vanity, coz I don't have it, or stupid enough to buy what opportunist sells... it's hurt because I want to wear that little-red-santa hat . . . :(

Maalice
12-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Yup... love that santa hat

Temarichan
12-03-2013, 11:21 PM
I'm a little upset that STS changed their minds are zero warning. My guild was in an uproar today.

But the new vanities does look interesting. A new look. But I think they would bring back old vanities next year. Since AL is only a year old and has gone only a cycle through Christmas. New stuff is expected.

That's my 2 cents.

Frohnatur
12-04-2013, 12:00 AM
First:

They said those vanities will not return THIS YEAR.

Second:

You'll never be able to see the turnaround of plat to gold that went with the tree set (15plat to 1 million gold) again in this game. This is simply because everybody is buying now new vanities and hoping it will rise to make a decent profit. That means they will never rise above the lowest threshold where someone thinks its worth the money. Look at grim: its always at around seven or eight hundred k. The investment was 250 plat (more than 15 times than for the tree set). Thats the level where people sell. And there is way more supply than demand. Forever. Get used to it that the old ratios are gone forever. To make it more visual:

Old ratio:
15 plat to 1 million
New ratio:
250 plat to 800 k

Third:
I'll go with this grinch set. As it looks, it'll make my blue smurf to a green mini Hulk. I like that. lol. I just wich I could have the princess Barbie outfit for my mage too xD
Wouldn't that look great!!

Fourth:
I'd rather have STS bringing out new vanities instead of re-issuing the old ones. This way we'll get more visual diversity in-game.

phillyr
12-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Yes diversity is nice to see...but thats not the point of the thread...they said old looks will be returning like grimm will return next year...and now theyre not

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Raghavbatra
12-04-2013, 12:39 AM
First:

They said those vanities will not return THIS YEAR.

Second:

You'll never be able to see the turnaround of plat to gold that went with the tree set (15plat to 1 million gold) again in this game. This is simply because everybody is buying now new vanities and hoping it will rise to make a decent profit. That means they will never rise above the lowest threshold where someone thinks its worth the money. Look at grim: its always at around seven or eight hundred k. The investment was 250 plat (more than 15 times than for the tree set). Thats the level where people sell. And there is way more supply than demand. Forever. Get used to it that the old ratios are gone forever. To make it more visual:

Old ratio:
15 plat to 1 million
New ratio:
250 plat to 800 k

Third:
I'll go with this grinch set. As it looks, it'll make my blue smurf to a green mini Hulk. I like that. lol. I just wich I could have the princess Barbie outfit for my mage too xD
Wouldn't that look great!!

Fourth:
I'd rather have STS bringing out new vanities instead of re-issuing the old ones. This way we'll get more visual diversity in-game.

Tree set was 110 plat last year ( not sure)

Fyrce
12-04-2013, 01:00 AM
I admit I am disappointed. I read everything STS said about the Arlors and ended up believing that the majority of them would be returning. So I believed that at worse, I would be able to purchase the looks again using plat.

I am putting this down as a lesson learned, though. Sad actually.

Soundlesskill
12-04-2013, 01:32 AM
Omg

Maalice
12-04-2013, 01:57 AM
We'll I guess don't believe anything until after it is in the update three days after the original update.

Derezzzed
12-04-2013, 01:59 AM
Omg

We'll I guess don't believe anything until after it is in the update three days after the original update.

Yep, for the future I won't believe anything DEVs say until it's launched in-game

Kakashis
12-04-2013, 02:33 AM
Yeah, it's like they say things in the forums just to trick us!

VanRah
12-04-2013, 03:22 AM
N all this thanks to the merchants...

Blame them! My rage is all vs them now!

Xeusx
12-04-2013, 03:50 AM
Guys, let me tell you about this:
Red Arlor vanity set for mage and rogue will back..
Which mean, Green Arlor vanity set for rogue, Chrismas tree vanity set for mage, and Red arlor vanity set for warrior will not be back..
I need you guys see this post cause need to let you guys know..

Emmacheese
12-04-2013, 03:55 AM
To be honest guys, it's a risk you take. I've had to make some choices in the game, should I sell should I keep, you just never know! We all know sts have the right to change content at any time. It's a catch 22, some players are mad because they never bought the items earlier and some are mad that they sold to make more money and thought they will get again for cheap! Just enjoy the new vanities gosh!

VanRah
12-04-2013, 04:12 AM
Guys, let me tell you about this:
Which mean, Green Arlor vanity set for rogue, Chrismas tree vanity set for mage, and Red arlor vanity set for warrior will not be back..
I need you guys see this post cause need to let you guys know..

I want the old ones!!! The red n green outfits, not a red copy with another color!

To be honest guys, it's a risk you take. I've had to make some choices in the game, should I sell should I keep, you just never know! We all know sts have the right to change content at any time. It's a catch 22, some players are mad because they never bought the items earlier and some are mad that they sold to make more money and thought they will get again for cheap! Just enjoy the new vanities gosh!

Or some never got them n hoped for this event to finally have them.

I'm sooooo pissed!

VanRah
12-04-2013, 04:31 AM
That.

U genius, now explain me how after 2 events that made many players spend ingame money n with the craft n upgrading system that is leading all to bankrupt now(but the merchants, which are people that owns millions from a long time n only thinks to make even more profit, I'd call them the greedy people) can a poor player be able to save up enough millions to buy those outfits!!! (don't forget that Christmas event is coming also... even more loss of money...)

Who is the hypocrite now?!?!?!

Sky_is_epicgearz
12-04-2013, 04:48 AM
most interesting topic i must say :3

Haligali
12-04-2013, 04:50 AM

Where you read this? I hope so, but nothing is certain these days.

Emmacheese
12-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Yes it's a little meh for those that want them to wear, how about this ... Save up for them and it makes them a little more special, I remember when I got my tree set, first Jon saved for the star and gave me as a gift, then we saved for the suit and I think I sold my firesquid I was using to put towards it!! And this is where I am bias as back then we had no money so grafted for them! So it makes it special for me and also not to see 10374649393 trees running around, So it can be done they are still in the market! :-)

Derezzzed
12-04-2013, 09:38 AM
N all this thanks to the merchants...

Blame them! My rage is all vs them now!

^Pretty true by the seems of it, STS catterrd to there complaints in stead of letting the new players have a chance at the vanities

Roberto077
12-04-2013, 09:44 AM

They never said they would be the same thing. Plus, look at the past. STS has brought back items but changed the names and color design.

xxclementxx
12-04-2013, 09:58 AM
I don't like the new vanities,I was like buying lots of plats to buy the old vanities,and now it the new one :grey:

Roberto077
12-04-2013, 10:03 AM
I don't like the new vanities,I was like buying lots of plats to buy the old vanities,and now it the new one :grey:

They look fine. Don't overreact like some other people in this thread.

Rare
12-04-2013, 10:07 AM
They look fine. Don't overreact like some other people in this thread.

You realize that how they look is a matter of opinion? Of course you do. :D

Roberto077
12-04-2013, 05:13 PM
You realize that how they look is a matter of opinion? Of course you do. :D

Plus I was referring to Tapatalk making the post look like it was saying:

I don't like the new vanities... now it the new one grey

As in they were colored grey. There was a reason why I used "fine" rather than a term referring to "good" or "bad".

On a side note, the irony in this thread is somewhat pathetic.

Terracio
12-04-2013, 05:14 PM
That.

U genius, now explain me how after 2 events that made many players spend ingame money n with the craft n upgrading system that is leading all to bankrupt now(but the merchants, which are people that owns millions from a long time n only thinks to make even more profit, I'd call them the greedy people) can a poor player be able to save up enough millions to buy those outfits!!! (don't forget that Christmas event is coming also... even more loss of money...)

Who is the hypocrite now?!?!?!

Not sure what you're saying. As you said, events have come and gone and I'm yet to go bankrupt, maybe handle your gold better? I'm by no means super rich, simply have enough and try to make more to afford one of the new mythic weapons.

As Emma said, its a risk. Yesterday I bought an item for 140k I'm not sure how much I'll get from it, a risk on my part. If for some reason that item returned tomorrow it was always a possibility.

Rare
12-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Not sure what you're saying. As you said, events have come and gone and I'm yet to go bankrupt, maybe handle your gold better? I'm by no means super rich, simply have enough and try to make more to afford one of the new mythic weapons.

As Emma said, its a risk. Yesterday I bought an item for 140k I'm not sure how much I'll get from it, a risk on my part. If for some reason that item returned tomorrow it was always a possibility.

two totally different things IMO. I get what you're saying. That's part of merching. What we face here has nothing to do with that.

Maalice
12-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I actually don't see any irony in this thread... just two groups of people... the ones that listen to sts about the return of the vanities and are happy they get the chance to get them, and the people that already have them and want to maintain their liquid wealth. Its all based on how much they r worth in the end... everyone CAN have them, but now all this hype has tripled their value, and the people that are selling them are the ones that already have 90% of the gold in the game. Yes that is a slight exageration.. I have no idea why sts would go back on this. Why they would want to anger the people that pay their bills. But there will always be people to buy up their plat, and keep them in business. So I guess there is no reason to please the community that they have now.

Derezzzed
12-04-2013, 06:07 PM
I actually don't see any irony in this thread... just two groups of people... the ones that listen to sts about the return of the vanities and are happy they get the chance to get them, and the people that already have them and want to maintain their liquid wealth. Its all based on how much they r worth in the end... everyone CAN have them, but now all this hype has tripled their value, and the people that are selling them are the ones that already have 90% of the gold in the game. Yes that is a slight exageration.. I have no idea why sts would go back on this. Why they would want to anger the people that pay their bills. But there will always be people to buy up their plat, and keep them in business. So I guess there is no reason to please the community that they have now.

Little harsh, but I don't blame you for feeling that way at all

Kakashis
12-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Maybe a dev can chime in on why they decided to do a 180 degree turn on their words this time. I mean I'm sure they've read this thread by now.

Temarichan
12-04-2013, 06:16 PM
I know were all mad, disappointed and/or frustrated. But I'm pretty sure the vanities are already planned and developed. We just have to accept what they give us as gamers. Nothing is perfect. STS can't be perfect. There might be a downright bad update one day and a downright awesome update the next. And yes, it gave us zero warning. Which is disappointing, cause we all wanted red Arlor again. But Someone above pointed out that they did not say they will add the old vanities this year. Another said it's good that they didn't release it again cause it gives them good profit. Which I agree.

Let's end this. Lol.

Derezzzed
12-04-2013, 06:20 PM
I know were all mad, disappointed and/or frustrated. But I'm pretty sure the vanities are already planned and developed. We just have to accept what they give us as gamers. Nothing is perfect. STS can't be perfect. There might be a downright bad update one day and a downright awesome update the next. And yes, it gave us zero warning. Which is disappointing, cause we all wanted red Arlor again. But Someone above pointed out that they did not say they will add the old vanities this year. Another said it's good that they didn't release it again cause it gives them good profit. Which I agree.

Let's end this. Lol.

Nope, not ending it, Dont say your releasing a item & do a 180 & now say you're not after the damage has been done :p

Sidenote: Getting drunk at The Splintered Tree Tavern tonight? XD

Derezzzed
12-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Maybe a dev can chime in on why they decided to do a 180 degree turn on their words this time. I mean I'm sure they've read this thread by now.

They haven't responded to anything since this announcement was made, Sam even posted a picture of Tarlok in the winter thread but didn't reply to anything, I doubt there will be a reply

asimauara
12-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Guys don't rant and ruin this for the rest of us I'll take the bear suit over the Santa clause thank dev team for the accuracy in the the bear costume because without the developers we wouldn't have an awesome game like this on Android or iPhone I've played some awful games over the years and this is one of the best!

Derezzzed
12-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Guys don't rant and ruin this for the rest of us I'll take the bear suit over the Santa clause thank dev team for the accuracy in the the bear costume because without the developers we wouldn't have an awesome game like this on Android or iPhone I've played some awful games over the years and this is one of the best!

Some people just don't get it, this "ranting" isn't as much about the red arlors not coming back then it is the DEVs lied to there players, I don't understand how people aren't seeing that the DEVs pulled a 180 & went back on there word

LordDravek
12-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Heh. I sold my tree suit for cheap... after reading it was coming back. It took 3 days to sell and nobody wanted it since it was said to be coming back. I figured I'd get a chance to help someone who cant afford a set get a set, and Id work on another set. Oops. There goes a couple million gold.... Guess that's what I get for believing what I read. Lol.

BodMaster
12-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Wooop, I still have both Green and Red Arlors, Xmas Tree and Santa outfits haha. (Making them tradable later on was a joke in the first place)

I'm actually pleased to see StS not just renaming something with a 2013 label, and adding new things even though they didn't expect to either. (Or did they? :D)

And who says they have "broken their word" just yet, they may still be back in the future (like all other things we have come to understand), it could possibly be put down to "miscommunication" since most of the quotes I have seen said they would like the "expectation" that they would come back.

Or they could of just been trolling ya d:

Either way, I'll continue to enjoy the aesthetics side of what a Vanity should be valued for, another year.

Derezzzed
12-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Wooop, I still have both Green and Red Arlors, Xmas Tree and Santa outfits haha. (Making them tradable later on was a joke in the first place)

I'm actually pleased to see StS not just renaming something with a 2013 label, and adding new things even though they didn't expect to either. (Or did they? :D)

And who says they have "broken their word" just yet, they may still be back in the future (like all other things we have come to understand), it could possibly be put down to "miscommunication" since most of the quotes I have seen said they would like the "expectation" that they would come back.

Or they could of just been trolling ya d:

Either way, I'll continue to enjoy the aesthetics side of what a Vanity should be valued for, another year.

Go to the Winterfest thread in announcements, I asked if "Snowball & the Arlor vanitys would be the same price in plat as there orginal release" Carapace responded with "yes" many people have brought that up as a definite confirmation that they would come back (which it is)

Btw: it's on page 2

Roberto077
12-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Go to the Winterfest thread in announcements, I asked if "Snowball & the Arlor vanitys would be the same price in plat as there orginal release" Carapace responded with "yes" many people have brought that up as a definite confirmation that they would come back (which it is)

Well Snowball might be back (no one knows for sure at this point) but maybe the new vanities still have Arlor in the name?

Idk xD

Samhayne
12-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Hey guys,

First, please allow me to apologize for not being clearer in my earlier statements about the 2012 Vanities and which specific vanities would or would not be returning.

There are some 2012 holiday vanities returning, in the winter clothes coming back with a rust tint to them. It is just that not all of the 2012 holiday vanities are returning. I regret that I didn't have more clarity on this decision earlier on and will endeavor to be more clear and precise in future communications. Right now, what's done is done and we will not be changing it.

For future expectations, we do reserve the right to bring back old stuff in the future at our discretion. If we do, we will endeavor to give as much notice as possible.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

BodMaster
12-04-2013, 07:27 PM

Back in the day Carapace was the tech guy, unless confirmed by JustG or Sam we wouldn't hold the words of others with too much weight. But I've been around since PL/SL days we all know things can change disregarding whether it's justified or not.

Commanderkeen
12-04-2013, 07:45 PM
But I've been around since PL/SL days we all know things can change disregarding whether it's justified or not.

Tru dat.

Derezzzed
12-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Well Snowball might be back (no one knows for sure at this point) but maybe the new vanities still have Arlor in the name?

Idk xD

Rouge: Ice princess of Arlor vanity xD

Trolling at its finest :stupid:

Derezzzed
12-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Back in the day Carapace was the tech guy, unless confirmed by JustG or Sam we wouldn't hold the words of others with too much weight. But I've been around since PL/SL days we all know things can change disregarding whether it's justified or not.

True, but Carapace shouldn't have responded at all then if he didn't know for sure what was happening, still quite disappointed with this whole situation but STS is set on them not returning so w/e I guess it's done, lesson learned "don't Beleive anything DEVs say until it's actually in the game" it's sad that it's come to that though

Kakashis
12-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Hey guys,

First, please allow me to apologize for not being clearer in my earlier statements about the 2012 Vanities and which specific vanities would or would not be returning.

There are some 2012 holiday vanities returning, in the winter clothes coming back with a rust tint to them. It is just that not all of the 2012 holiday vanities are returning. I regret that I didn't have more clarity on this decision earlier on and will endeavor to be more clear and precise in future communications. Right now, what's done is done and we will not be changing it.

For future expectations, we do reserve the right to bring back old stuff in the future at our discretion. If we do, we will endeavor to give as much notice as possible.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Fair enough how about the red Arlors? What's a Christmas without people looking like Santa :(

Worship
12-04-2013, 09:50 PM
That's why I only sold have my Arlor haha.

Sent from my iPhone

Maalice
12-04-2013, 09:57 PM
I just don't know what to say anymore... this is just so frustrating and disapointing... I feel ill never get my vanities back now that they r top shelf. Sooooooo frustrating I've evn contimplated quiting or boycotting this event. Which is sad cuz I love this game

Kakashis
12-04-2013, 10:04 PM
I just don't know what to say anymore... this is just so frustrating and disapointing... I feel ill never get my vanities back now that they r top shelf. Sooooooo frustrating I've evn contimplated quiting or boycotting this event. Which is sad cuz I love this game

Just be like me without one! Never owned one, ignored all the cheap ones in auction, almost ready to buy with Plat or gold in update if not too expensive, then poof! Another year required if ever hahaha soo hurt!

Roberto077
12-04-2013, 10:21 PM

Have you played PL? Well you would have quit after the Halloween event this year for sure if your contemplating on the first miscom in AL.

Derezzzed
12-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Have you played PL? Well you would have quit after the Halloween event this year for sure if your contemplating on the first miscom in AL.

Not so fast, they made Ewen & Grimm eggs (Grimm egg was 4 days after Grimm had been in stable!) again that was another thing that was said that there word was taken back on with no notice "plat exclusive pets will never have eggs/mythic pets will never have eggs" let's be fair & say there's been multiple cases in all STS games where this has happend

xcainnblecterx
12-05-2013, 01:30 AM
Well lets see if sts actually cares more about players now or making money. The following article is about the company zynga but i can see sts doing the same take note of the retextured part( battle dragons etc are basically retextured games that are already on play store) and vanities:

The second reason for Zynga’s success plays into the first. Essentially, Zynga games are free. You don’t have to pay to play them. Most items are available for free. But if you want the super uber weapon or just can’t wait for your crops to mature, well now that will cost you! These games are insidious. The best items & premium content requires you to pay money.
It’s all about microtransaction.

Rather than paying a monthly fee, it lets people choose what they want to pay for. According to the GameInformer article, only 10% of social network gamers spend money on these games, which only a further 2% spending over $25 per month (the slang for these users are “whales”). That may not sound like a lot, but let’s do some math:
Currently the most popular Facebook game is Zynga’s CityVille. It has 14 million daily active users.

14 million x 2% = 280,000 whales per day x 25 = $7 million in 1 day

That’s purely hypothetical, of course, assuming all whales spend their money on the same day.

shows how it can add up fast.

More than a few people have pointed

Zynga’s games are just rehashes. Same game, different skin. Look at Mafia Wars & Vampire Wars. They’re essentially the same game, just with different names. Of course, that’s part of the reason for Zynga’s success. They have a game to appeal to just about everyone. But worse yet is the accusations of copying competitors. Any time a successful game is created, Zynga isn’t far behind with their own verson. Farm Town to FarmVille, Restuarant City to Cafe World, etc. In fact, Zynga settled out of court with developer Psycho Monkey over copying Mob Wars into Mafia Wars. The gameinfomer

article has a lovely quote in the beginning, from Zynga founder & CEO Mark Pincus, “I don’t f-ing want innovation. You’re not smarter than your competitor

Just copy what they do & do it until you get their numbers.”

Roberto077
12-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Not so fast, they made Ewen & Grimm eggs (Grimm egg was 4 days after Grimm had been in stable!) again that was another thing that was said that there word was taken back on with no notice "plat exclusive pets will never have eggs/mythic pets will never have eggs" let's be fair & say there's been multiple cases in all STS games where this has happend

But AL hasn't had any game changing miscoms. Having MORE CONTENT ADDED is not a bad thing, but in other STS games we were told more content and we got a recycled lot of items. This is where the irony of this thread comes in.

Uzii
12-05-2013, 06:41 AM
Well lets see if sts actually cares more about players now or making money. The following article is about the company zynga but i can see sts doing the same take note of the retextured part( battle dragons etc are basically retextured games that are already on play store) and vanities:

The second reason for Zynga’s success plays into the first. Essentially, Zynga games are free. You don’t have to pay to play them. Most items are available for free. But if you want the super uber weapon or just can’t wait for your crops to mature, well now that will cost you! These games are insidious. The best items & premium content requires you to pay money.
It’s all about microtransaction.

Rather than paying a monthly fee, it lets people choose what they want to pay for. According to the GameInformer article, only 10% of social network gamers spend money on these games, which only a further 2% spending over $25 per month (the slang for these users are “whales”). That may not sound like a lot, but let’s do some math:
Currently the most popular Facebook game is Zynga’s CityVille. It has 14 million daily active users.

14 million x 2% = 280,000 whales per day x 25 = $7 million in 1 day

That’s purely hypothetical, of course, assuming all whales spend their money on the same day.

shows how it can add up fast.

More than a few people have pointed

Zynga’s games are just rehashes. Same game, different skin. Look at Mafia Wars & Vampire Wars. They’re essentially the same game, just with different names. Of course, that’s part of the reason for Zynga’s success. They have a game to appeal to just about everyone. But worse yet is the accusations of copying competitors. Any time a successful game is created, Zynga isn’t far behind with their own verson. Farm Town to FarmVille, Restuarant City to Cafe World, etc. In fact, Zynga settled out of court with developer Psycho Monkey over copying Mob Wars into Mafia Wars. The gameinfomer

article has a lovely quote in the beginning, from Zynga founder & CEO Mark Pincus, “I don’t f-ing want innovation. You’re not smarter than your competitor

Just copy what they do & do it until you get their numbers.”

They are a company we are the customers. They want my money. But if they screw up with ppl and pis them of do they think im going to spend my hard earned money on their product?

I own the green arlor vanity, was playing with the thought to sell, but im playing sts games for a while now so i know i cant really trust them (they change their plans too often) and i was not willing to loose my set if it was just misinformation.

But its surprising that they still keep doing it to players, intentionally or not, they should know by now how ppl will read it and react, and spare urself apologizing or false excuses. (Poor job on their side)

So back to my first question, im more a free player then a plat spender based on my previous experience i had with them, not to mention no confirmation button, bugs not fixed, poor customer support......

ElfDreamer
12-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Me too .. my tree arlor n red arlor sold with cheap price!! since i hear the old vanities will come back in christmas -_-"
So, i hope the old vanities red arlor n arlor come back in christmas but we get it from completed some christmas quest.
Like halloween banner. ^^

BodMaster
12-05-2013, 01:03 PM
The funny thing about xcainnblecterx post is that David Ko (Zynga) and JustG (along with others) are/have been directly in contact with each other for strategic partnerships, innovative assessment and adoptations of one another's methods.

Along with taking on board Zynga employees when working with DL (energy based at launch).

Which was bound to affect the general decisions and gameplay made within StS games, from 2012 onwards. They want to make money and who can blame them, from the launch of AL to now, you can see how heavily the game is running on Plat.

Carapace
12-05-2013, 01:17 PM
To chime in regarding Snowball, Snowball will be back in the stable this holiday season for the same price as last year.

First let me reiterate what Samhayne has stated in that we are definitely sorry for the miss-communications involved. Some of the posts involved and being quoted were made before we had designed and began working on the winter content for this year, and as a result the plans have changed as it grew in awesomeness to accommodate what's best for the game. We hope when the content is released next week that everyone enjoys playing it as much as we enjoyed creating it!

Regarding the Arlor vanities situation, we feel we have gone above and beyond for a typical seasonal update this time around and we believe everyone will find a lot of entertainment in it. As part of the event there are a lot of collectible and unique content in regards to pets, weapons, armors, vanities, and other elements not yet highlighted by Samhayne. In our developmental opinion, the creation over the passed few months on this winter content has negated a need for the Arlor sets to return. This was a decision we made to preserve the rarity of the vanities already in the game from last year, as well as bring new vanities to everyone. It's a very difficult thing at times catering to the number of players and gamers we have playing our games, and as everyone is no doubt aware it is not possible to please everyone. What we do decide, almost always is in the best interest of the game to the best of our knowledge and understanding.

As the die have already been cast, let's explore a potential follow up situation. Recanting on this decision and returning the Arlor sets would only serve to anger or antagonize an already delicate situation with yet MORE confusion and distrust. Player's that are currently happy would become angered, and angered players would become happier (briefly), and no one would know which way was up in terms of what else may come, go, stay or remain. After it went live all of the merching tied to the decision as well as other social factors would create a more horrendous situation for everyone involved as gold continues to change hands based on things discussed on the forums, fluctuating at an unknown rate as the need to appease different opinions and concerns at the same time becomes an impossible thing to juggle. The fallout of changing the decision again would be monumentally awful for both us and for you, the players. We have to be firm this time and commit to not bringing them back.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, and we will work very hard to make sure this type of situation does not happen again!

Rare
12-05-2013, 01:23 PM
To chime in regarding Snowball, Snowball will be back in the stable this holiday season for the same price as last year.

First let me reiterate what Samhayne has stated in that we are definitely sorry for the miss-communications involved. Some of the posts involved and being quoted were made before we had designed and began working on the winter content for this year, and as a result the plans have changed as it grew in awesomeness to accommodate what's best for the game. We hope when the content is released next week that everyone enjoys playing it as much as we enjoyed creating it!

Regarding the Arlor vanities situation, we feel we have gone above and beyond for a typical seasonal update this time around and we believe everyone will find a lot of entertainment in it. As part of the event there are a lot of collectible and unique content in regards to pets, weapons, armors, vanities, and other elements not yet highlighted by Samhayne. In our developmental opinion, the creation over the passed few months on this winter content has negated a need for the Arlor sets to return. This was a decision we made to preserve the rarity of the vanities already in the game from last year, as well as bring new vanities to everyone. It's a very difficult thing at times catering to the number of players and gamers we have playing our games, and as everyone is no doubt aware it is not possible to please everyone. What we do decide, almost always is in the best interest of the game to the best of our knowledge and understanding.

As the die have already been cast, let's explore a potential follow up situation. Recanting on this decision and returning the Arlor sets would only serve to anger or antagonize an already delicate situation with yet MORE confusion and distrust. Player's that are currently happy would become angered, and angered players would become happier (briefly), and no one would know which way was up in terms of what else may come, go, stay or remain. After it went live all of the merching tied to the decision as well as other social factors would create a more horrendous situation for everyone involved as gold continues to change hands based on things discussed on the forums, fluctuating at an unknown rate as the need to appease different opinions and concerns at the same time becomes an impossible thing to juggle. The fallout of changing the decision again would be monumentally awful for both us and for you, the players. We have to be firm this time and commit to not bringing them back.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, and we will work very hard to make sure this type of situation does not happen again!

Thank you Carapace.

keikali
12-05-2013, 01:29 PM

Well said. Kudos.

Zeus
12-05-2013, 01:34 PM

Thank you for an amazing explanation. :)

octavos
12-05-2013, 01:44 PM

Thank you, there is always next year right. XD lol jk..but Defiantly understandable...But new and old players have to think twice before making a quick buck (Don't count your chickens before they hatch kinda thing). I for one didnt see this as a surprise.

Sorcerie
12-05-2013, 02:07 PM

Thanks for your patience and understanding, and we will work very hard to make sure this type of situation does not happen again!Best PR damage control post we've got from a Dev on the Arlor's. Well said, and certainly more understandable despite whatever disappointment I may feel. It's amazing how a carefully thought out explanation makes a world of a difference. Thanks!

Anarchist
12-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Wow i have never played a game where the devs followed the economic mutation of the game with such interest +1!! And this explains and clears everything so well! thanks :)

Derezzzed
12-05-2013, 03:43 PM

Still somewhat mad they won't be returning but thank you for your response & going into detail & yes next time around try to be more detailed and precise on what you guys say, saves all the raging & dissappointed customers ;)

cjswogkstkdg
12-05-2013, 03:45 PM
people arnt happy with new clothes :< sosad

Anarchist
12-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Rouges own is nice, the wars own seems created without a good input of fantasy and the mage own is just too "minimal". Well i am rouge so cheers :) :)

Roberto077
12-05-2013, 04:24 PM
people arnt happy with new clothes :< sosad

I feel as if a lit of people don't like the new ones just because they believe STS was lying rather than having a miscom. I'm not saying that it's definite or applies to anyone specifically. Just an observation.

Maalice
12-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Hey carapace just wanted to say thank you for your well thought out post. It does show that u took some thought into the situation and came to the best decision for the community as a whole. I still feel my disapointment... but some day I will get my d*** vanities back. I do hope that this topic shows the importance of when a dev comments on a situation it has to be clear and consistant. I would have much rather app re ciated an "the development team does not know if these vanities are returning as of yet" instead of a vague response that could b taken either way, to avoid any situations like this in the future. Thank you again for this great game.

Bonthan
12-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Thank you, there is always next year right. XD lol jk..but Defiantly understandable...But new and old players have to think twice before making a quick buck (Don't count your chickens before they hatch kinda thing). I for one didnt see this as a surprise.

I didn't see this as a suprise either and in fact was counting on it. I speculated correct and shall have a happy new year. Thanks for coming through for me :)

Maalice
12-05-2013, 10:12 PM
I didn't see this as a suprise either and in fact was counting on it. I speculated correct and shall have a happy new year. Thanks for coming through for me :)

Gotta love trolls

Bonthan
12-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Wouldn't say troll, more like a little bitter. Kinda like when mikey handed chunk the picture in goonies cause he wanted him to drop it :(

Doomreaper
12-06-2013, 01:11 AM
I wasnt here last year for the holidays, how much did snowball cost?

Limsi
12-06-2013, 01:19 AM
15 plat

kummitus
12-06-2013, 01:22 AM
I wasnt here last year for the holidays, how much did snowball cost?

I dont remember it properly but it wasnt a high price. I think it was something like 15-25 plat, under 50 anyways.

Raghavbatra
12-06-2013, 01:52 AM
15 plat

This^^

Carapace
12-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Our data history indicates that Snowball was sold for 25 Plat last year, and will be the same this year.

Growwle
12-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Oh no! A free to play game company changing their directction?....This is unheard of! Free to play games are released as a "minimally viable product" which players fund the continued development of and the development of the next, better game, through microtransactions.

Roberto077
12-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Snwball was 25 plat.
Winter fury was 10-20
Arlor was 25 or 50

Raghavbatra
12-06-2013, 03:51 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/07/2y9yqera.jpg

Lazarvs
12-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Omg winter vanity was 15 plat?!?! Please tell me their gonna maintain their original price. >-<

<Devour> is Back!

Xeusx
12-07-2013, 01:17 AM
Where you read this? I hope so, but nothing is certain these days.
I was reading in Facebook AL and I read this "The green Arlor set for the Rogue, the Christmas Tree Sorcerer vanity and the Red Arlor vanity set for the Warrior will not return this year."
This is why I want to tell about this..
Sorry for reply so late -_-

Dope
12-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Samhayne said these exact words, idk where his original thread is, So ill copy and paste his quote from another thread here,

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne
Thanks for the ideas. The next vanities we have in our sights are stuff to go along with the Winter content we should see in December.

Yes, last year's vanities will also resurface.
Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne
Hey guys,

We totally get that some people would like for old stuff to not come back. However, on the other side of that coin, there are a lot of new players who would enjoy seeing those cool previous items come back. So we want to clearly set the expectation that old stuff will come back.

We do have plans for a lot of cool new stuff, but we also have plans to bring back old looks. Just like next year Halloween, you can expect to see some 2013 looks come back. Grimm will likely be back in 2014. Just like for Valentine's day, Big Love and Little Love will likely return.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

^^ So he actually said, "Yes, Last years vanities will also resurface.

But even so i couldnt bring myself to sell my arlor sets.
There i was dying to try to sell both my green and red rogue sets for dirt cheap and no one will buy,
Saying "You shouldve sold earlier bro"
Next day i found out i made the best choice by not selling them x)

nelson131
12-08-2013, 05:18 AM
congrats dev.
very well written post and explaination
hope you kell the promise about snowball:p

Xenobiotic
12-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Will you buff snowball this time? 5% crit and 5% dmg is worse than an epic pet. The arcane ability sucks too, the range is so low.
I would like to see something like +15 primary stat, +10% Damage, +5 mana regen, and +5% crit. The arcane ability should be like throwing a gigantic snowball and it stuns.

Samhayne
12-08-2013, 01:12 PM
^^ So he actually said, "Yes, Last years vanities will also resurface.

Yes, the Winter's Rage stuff is the Winter's Fury vanities from December of 2012 coming back. The issue is that we didn't bring everything back.

Our apologies for not being more clear about it.

Derezzzed
12-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Will you buff snowball this time? 5% crit and 5% dmg is worse than an epic pet. The arcane ability sucks too, the range is so low.
I would like to see something like +15 primary stat, +10% Damage, +5 mana regen, and +5% crit. The arcane ability should be like throwing a gigantic snowball and it stuns.

^This, even if it's a tiny buff plz buff his stats

Deadroth
12-08-2013, 02:07 PM
I just logged to clear my acc.. And i saw this thread..

3 words for STS now..

I hate You.

Sorry, had to say that...

This is veery unfair to forum peps, who belived in Your posts Devs...

I don't know bout others, but You lost mine trust, by changing Your mind by 180*...

_________
I am sad...

You don't deserve for christmas gifts i belive...

SayCreed
12-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Be Grateful This is a Free To Play Game.Sam Even Apologised That he wasn't clear.Yea,I'm upset that they are not giving the same vanity but so what It's their game.They are trying to make this game better what do we do? We Rant over mistakes.Also be happy that Halloween GOT vanitys where as Pl the game which has been longer than al didn't get vanitys.Devs,This Christmas I wish the players of pl get Better vanitys this time.How do you think Pl players felt On Halloween about vanitys.Once again just be grateful that STG listens to us.
Where as some company hardly look in the game.

Stop complaining already

Zeus
12-08-2013, 04:03 PM
In PL and all other STG games, people complain about getting the same vanities every year

In AL, people complain about not getting the same vanities. Lol!

If you want one of the old vanities, just pay the escalated prices. If you can't afford it, well, then you have something to work for in this game, no? I would say that's a gift on its own. :p

Prahasit Prahi
12-09-2013, 03:13 AM
Our data history indicates that Snowball was sold for 25 Plat last year, and will be the same this year.

Will it be available in the form of egg??

If it would then it will be good because many non platinum players can afford it and can celebrate their christmas in game more happily :)

Well some people oppose that again it would be like grimm and blah blah
But many people will like to see that a snowball everywhere :)