PDA

View Full Version : Best pet for mage?

BasketballChampion
12-03-2013, 08:42 PM
What's the best pet for Mage? Don't say all the arcane pets. Can't afford them :P

Instanthumor
12-03-2013, 08:47 PM
As for the affordable pets, I like Orion and Clyde.

Youtuber
12-03-2013, 09:20 PM
I would also say orion or clyde thats most affordable and good pets also..

kamikazees
12-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Cheap and effective: Blight*, Ribbit*, Flap Jack*, Kettle, Ethyl, Esteban.

More expensive: Orion*, Vlad*, Colton*, Clyde, Malison.

Incredibly expensive: Any mythic or arcane pet.

* = my current favorites.

Newcomx
12-03-2013, 10:35 PM
What's the best pet for Mage? Don't say all the arcane pets. Can't afford them :P

Deary very affordable, you can find the price below 1k... Happinnes bonus: +10 Str and +10 Dex, Arcane ability: Grants 15 Str, Dex, and Int to all allies in range..

branniac7
12-07-2013, 02:20 PM
For non-plat users and can be easily bought in auction, id say

1. orion
2. Koko
3. Ethyl

This is for levelling up.

Spyce
12-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Orion
Ehtyl
Malison

falmear
12-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Loki

zwapper
12-08-2013, 03:42 AM
ribbit ftw!!! (all time fav)
colton!!! (pretty awesome)
malison!!!

Alhuntrazeck
12-08-2013, 04:11 AM
My top is Malison, it boosts my stats the most though its arcane ability leaves something to be desired...

Wutzgood
12-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Clyde is my favorite pet on my Mage but you need 90 platinum for him. He is worth it tho.

Sorcerie
12-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Colton and Clyde are by far the best pets for a sorc. Esp if you can't afford Slag.

Imjebus
12-08-2013, 03:20 PM
I really liked Orion before I got my samael :P

Robhawk
12-13-2013, 02:55 AM
Colton and Clyde are by far the best pets for a sorc. Esp if you can't afford Slag.

Colton without a doubt but Clyde is not thaaat good! I prefer Ethyl over Clyde every day! Ethyl does ALLWAYS slowdown in a big range (12m) while Clyde often misses his panic/stun. It gives you 10% dmg boost (Clyde doesnt) and it also has 6% Crit (1% less then Clyde)...

Lets just say Ethyl is the poor man`s Samael. :kiwi-fruit:

Sceazikua
12-13-2013, 05:33 AM
how about wrath jaw? Its the best damage pet for sorc and rogues in my opinion, also very affordable because price dropped to 40-50k nowadays. Colton is good damage pet too but its stat is kinda plain with only 30 int and 15% damage. wrath jaw's abilities may not be very impressive, but its happiness is! Its like cheap mythic with bad passive and arcane abilities.

Robhawk
12-13-2013, 05:51 AM
Colton is good damage pet too but its stat is kinda plain with only 30 int and 15% damage.

Colton has 30INT - 10% dmg - !!! 15% crit for 6s on arcane for all allies !!!

Wrathjaw 20 DEX, 20 INT - 10% dmg period... anyway wrathjaw still is a good option!

zwapper
12-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Colton has 30INT - 10% dmg - !!! 15% crit for 6s on arcane for all allies !!!

Wrathjaw 20 DEX, 20 INT - 10% dmg period... anyway wrathjaw still is a good option!

and of course colton's passive stun!!! colton is a true stunner that also give high damage and crit!!!

Jimmeh
12-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Samael or Whim - what do you guys think?

Striderevil
12-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Sammael hands down dont bother with whim if you have choice.

Sorcerie
12-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Colton without a doubt but Clyde is not thaaat good! I prefer Ethyl over Clyde every day! Ethyl does ALLWAYS slowdown in a big range (12m) while Clyde often misses his panic/stun. It gives you 10% dmg boost (Clyde doesnt) and it also has 6% Crit (1% less then Clyde)...

Lets just say Ethyl is the poor man`s Samael. :kiwi-fruit:Clyde's panic only misses if his opponents are at a lvl higher than he is, but a lvl 36 Clyde stuns like crazy, trust me.

Sky_is_epicgearz
12-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Deary very affordable, you can find the price below 1k... Happinnes bonus: +10 Str and +10 Dex, Arcane ability: Grants 15 Str, Dex, and Int to all allies in range..

Lol yes you sound like a cheapie jkjk nice one :D

Personal favourite is Orion :) super pvp pet
After that its either Clyde or malison
Clyde is great but arcane ability is just a chance stun, I know it says 'high' chance to stun but really anyone noticed this so called high chance to stun lol, however i do love the 7% crit it gives. Whereas Orion you get plenty with the happiness bonus and well the arcane ability is omg (should be a mythic pet darn) 10% dmg, reduce enemy hit chance and ARMOUR and a chance to stun. The only thing missing to make this pet THE one would be a crit buff.
Malison is an pet for all classes. arcane ability pretty much useless for Mage class and warrior but happiness bonus is neat :) out of all 3 of my chosen pets this one gives the most hp

Just my opinion Colton is not that great in terms of pve and isn't really great in pvp lol reason being is that it doesn't offer you any str whatsoever making your shield easier to break and the arcane ability is a bit of a nuisance since the area it affects is soooo tiny -.- I mean you'll have to stand right next to it when it's attacking and that of coarse means your standing right next to the enemy.. Well in 1v1 we can make exceptions lol

Overall Orion is my choice, pop up a curse and use arcane ability most rogues are a goner...

Sky_is_epicgearz
12-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Clyde's panic only misses if his opponents are at a lvl higher than he is, but a lvl 36 Clyde stuns like crazy, trust me.

Hmmm maybe that's why.... My Clyde is 35... Gotta level him and test your theory sir :)

zwapper
12-19-2013, 08:38 AM
Just my opinion Colton is not that great in terms of pve and isn't really great in pvp lol reason being is that it doesn't offer you any str whatsoever making your shield easier to break and the arcane ability is a bit of a nuisance since the area it affects is soooo tiny -.- I mean you'll have to stand right next to it when it's attacking and that of coarse means your standing right next to the enemy.. Well in 1v1 we can make exceptions lol

Overall Orion is my choice, pop up a curse and use arcane ability most rogues are a goner...

i disagree, colton is the best pet that i have!!! though i have mali, orion, ribbit wrathjaw but i always use colton in pvp bcoz of colton's passive stun.
and this buddy can give you the best damage that a pet can give (as cheapest pet)

before i disregard this buddy and use only ribbit in pvp. but after i lvld up this to 23 i observe passive stun works frequently!!!

so, i change my usual pet (ribbit) to colton!!!

Yunfehn
12-20-2013, 01:58 AM
I own HJ, clyde, colton, orion, grimm and slag. Based on my experience, slag is still my beast in pvp :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Newcomx
12-20-2013, 04:37 AM
Lol yes you sound like a cheapie jkjk nice one :D

Personal favourite is Orion :) super pvp pet
After that its either Clyde or malison
Clyde is great but arcane ability is just a chance stun, I know it says 'high' chance to stun but really anyone noticed this so called high chance to stun lol, however i do love the 7% crit it gives. Whereas Orion you get plenty with the happiness bonus and well the arcane ability is omg (should be a mythic pet darn) 10% dmg, reduce enemy hit chance and ARMOUR and a chance to stun. The only thing missing to make this pet THE one would be a crit buff.
Malison is an pet for all classes. arcane ability pretty much useless for Mage class and warrior but happiness bonus is neat :) out of all 3 of my chosen pets this one gives the most hp

:D ... I have Orion, but Deary is underrated. I use Deary also, especially for solo run to add extra str.

Newcomx
12-20-2013, 04:38 AM
i disagree, colton is the best pet that i have!!! though i have mali, orion, ribbit wrathjaw but i always use colton in pvp bcoz of colton's passive stun.
and this buddy can give you the best damage that a pet can give (as cheapest pet)

before i disregard this buddy and use only ribbit in pvp. but after i lvld up this to 23 i observe passive stun works frequently!!!

so, i change my usual pet (ribbit) to colton!!!

Yeah.. beside mythic and arcane pet... Colton and Orion is the best

Gorecaster
12-22-2013, 09:28 AM
I do think Clyde gives great stat boost for mage but the arcane is not as good as others until he hits higher levels.

Slardz
01-25-2014, 03:14 PM
Malison Bro ;))

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Newcomx
01-26-2014, 08:40 PM
Orion, Colton, and Flap jack is my favorite...

Striderevil
01-27-2014, 05:16 PM
With Colton you don't need str or anything else if you have good speced items already as this pets damage will boost your already existing damage to kill real fast before you receive damage in most cases. For pvp ethyl for slow or Orion.

Robhawk
01-31-2014, 04:12 AM
If we speak about non myth/arcane pets Colton is the absolute no1!

best damage
arcane + 15% crit for 6! seconds
passive stun, and this stun is from time to time really awesome.

Colton becomes more and more the little samael! ;)