PDA

View Full Version : Helpful advice please!

Stevenmc
12-03-2013, 10:08 PM
So I have been farming slayer lately, like a lot. Our football season ended, (We lost in the second round of the 4 rounds of playoffs by a field goal) and I've yet to resume my job because I just need a break and just get back on top of my school work. So back to the slayer.
So far I've gotten 2 Beastly Helms, a beastly shield, and numerous diamonds. That sounds like a lot, but I have been running for HOURS straight multiple times a day for days. So I have a few questions!!

1) Best mage slayer farming build? Should I stay pure int? I'm not a heavy platinum buyer.

2) Best team set up? When inviting what class should I be inviting first?

3) Drop rate info? Such as the alien vanity. What can I do to get drops like that? If anything?

4) Big luck, do I really need it to pink farm as people say? I've gotten about 2 mil in drops, but I'd like to hit that zillionaire title.

Thanks to everyone!
Ps* I don't pvp anymore because you can't just have fun with friends without being beatdown and called trash** (Yeah that's right the banned is back.) But I have found a big enjoyment in Farming!!

Also if you have any general farming tips! There are so many pros on here!

IGN Storm
12-03-2013, 11:51 PM
1) Pure Int deals the most damage of all classes and builds. Pure damage build means 9 BOV 9 Bom 2 Drain 9 Light 9 Ice 9 Frost 9 Fire 9 Nightmare 1 Rev 1 MS 7 HEAL(Happy?)
2) With elixirs, a full team of INT mages goes the fastest. However, to balance speed and survivability, you should have 1 Str Bear, 1 Dex bird, 1 Pally, and 2 Int Mages.
3) Alien vanity drops from all BSM bosses.
4) You don't need it but it's ~10% extra chance you can reroll from a purple to a pink. So it will theoretically increase your profit by 10% unless you already are farming with 100% luck.

Stevenmc
12-04-2013, 01:13 AM
1) Pure Int deals the most damage of all classes and builds. Pure damage build means 9 BOV 9 Bom 9 Drain 9 Light 9 Ice 9 Frost 9 Fire 9 Nightmare 1 Rev 1 MS
2) With elixirs, a full team of INT mages goes the fastest. However, to balance speed and survivability, you should have 1 Str Bear, 1 Dex bird, 1 Pally, and 2 Int Mages.
4) You don't need it but it's ~10% extra chance you can reroll from a purple to a pink. So it will theoretically increase your profit by 10% unless you already are farming with 100% luck.

Ok thanks, why no heal tho?

ThePvpTwink
12-04-2013, 01:54 AM
1) I prefer savage Mage against slayer for survivability and tanking, since mages are big in the fight and need to stay alive.
2) 2 Mage, 2 bird, 1 bear or 2 Mage 2 bear 1 bird is best team IMO but I have been in good group with 1 Mage 3 bird 1 bear
3) all of BSM drops pinks and vanity, but slayer and the forest probably have best rate
4) Big luck isn't necessary but an extra ~10% reroll sure helps when you get a purple!

Ladyviviane
12-04-2013, 03:19 AM
1) I've noticed that tank Mage dies less on pve than others specially on slayer . Perso my skills r on lev 9 excepted rev 3 ( my heal 9 ) I dun use night mare , frost neither shield there
2) there is kinda no perfect team on slayer as long as we stick together n doing our best for team survive but a team without Mage or only 1 Mage didn't see that so far .
3-4) 100% luck elix would help for hitting Zili but sadly the most value item like blak set or 70 elites weeps dun drop anymore , demonics r rare too cuz steel rarely drops , dragons vanies sumtime drop on vamp fest . ( lot of my friends dun use their Zili title for sum unknown reason :p )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

dudetus
12-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Helpful? HELPFUL? U don't tell me what to do!

Suentous PO
12-04-2013, 04:29 PM
1: as long as its not dexmage they could be more effective

2: i prefer the original 3 classes together for the combos, cross class combos like natures strike and mega. I'd rather not run with rhinos and foxes because the dashes get pulled around when that target change that the boss causes.
My ideal 1 pally 1 pure int mage 1 pure dexbird 1 warbird and one bear. Tell mages no mana shield.

3: low, we can only guess.
4: drop rates so low everything helps

Cheenivie
12-04-2013, 04:36 PM
1) Pure Int deals the most damage of all classes and builds. Pure damage build means 9 BOV 9 Bom 9 Drain 9 Light 9 Ice 9 Frost 9 Fire 9 Nightmare 1 Rev 1 MS

No heal? Isn't that the whole point of the mage class (support).

Trenton
12-04-2013, 04:37 PM
No heal? Isn't that the whole point of the mage class (support). That's why no one likes Storm

Zeus
12-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Pure int mages are faster than dex birds at boss killing now...?

Skillless
12-04-2013, 05:46 PM

Thought the same... PL is full of surprising knowledge now :)

IGN Storm
12-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Ok thanks, why no heal tho?

Max damage build. Potions for health

Suentous PO
12-04-2013, 07:46 PM

First sentence he says slayer, that's why everyone is trippin on your no heals.

Gragorak
12-05-2013, 08:00 AM
It's possible to use potions with chrome. I've reported dozens of people who abuse that bug, but they never get banned or anything. PL must be the only MMO that doesn't do anything for bug abusers.

Suentous PO
12-05-2013, 09:33 AM
It's possible to use potions with chrome. I've reported dozens of people who abuse that bug, but they never get banned or anything. PL must be the only MMO that doesn't do anything for bug abusers.

I know about the bug, but the op was asking about slayer farming teams/builds. Why would you not use heal there as part of a team? You would deserve to get booted so hard you cough shoe laces the next day.

ThePvpTwink
12-05-2013, 07:47 PM

Potions can't be used in slayer normally, and even so every Mage should have heal even if it's not high ranked.

IGN Storm
12-05-2013, 07:55 PM

Missed it... My bad

No heal? Isn't that the whole point of the mage class (support).

Rhinos are better at support now. And with the "Best Team" set up, heal won't be needed.

That's why no one likes Storm

Birds are better against bosses. Mages have more overall damage since Light+Icestorm+Fire deals out more damage compared to Shatter+Blast+Wall. Mage's AOE skills also have a larger overall range.

Potions can't be used in slayer normally, and even so every Mage should have heal even if it's not high ranked.

I'm sure I can factor in a heal or two to unstun.